Author Topic: Post something good that happened today, Parts Two  (Read 120096 times)

Offline Phoenix

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
Re: Post something good that happened today, Parts Two
« Reply #7440 on: May 15, 2020, 06:46:32 AM »
:lol1:

They should probably clean the shit off your car roof first.
Excellent place to start lol
“To rise, first you must burn.”
― Hiba Fatima Ahmad

Offline Walkie

• Wooden sword crusader of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #7441 on: May 15, 2020, 07:10:59 AM »
Had a fabulous social distancing lunch with one of my nearest and dearest. Haven't seen her in 4 months. We each got take out and sat in our own cars and gabbed while eating. Although at one point she kept looking up slight above my head and I could tell she was trying not to laugh. I finally asked her what the problem is and apparently I had a flock of seagulls sitting on my van. So I opened slowly opened up the sunroof (Just the inside covering, not the glass) and it took them a few seconds to notice me and when they did their eyes bugged out and they freaked out and took off.

2 mins later they returned.  :facepalm2: So then I yelled at them that if they're going to make me look like frickin Snow White, the LEAST they could do is show up at my house and clean it.

that reminds of yesterday, when i strolled out of the building into the carpark, and there was this old boy , with a face like thunder, scraping the birdshit off  the  bonnet of his car.
"Somebody's put this here" he complained, in all seriousness. "No bird shits that much"

oh yeah? well the car was parked right under a tree and we have loads abd loads  of pretty sizable birds round here: seagulls, wood pigeons, rooks, magpies...

I don't know which of those drop great big splats of green stuff? but i find that a whole lot more feasible than the notion that some other impish neighbour has been going round collecting birdshit, or similar  in  a little bucket  and sploshing the contents over this guy's car when he wasn't looking. Either way , it's pretty clear that my neighbours are losing their sanity.  :LOL:

Offline Phoenix

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #7442 on: May 15, 2020, 07:18:51 AM »
Had a fabulous social distancing lunch with one of my nearest and dearest. Haven't seen her in 4 months. We each got take out and sat in our own cars and gabbed while eating. Although at one point she kept looking up slight above my head and I could tell she was trying not to laugh. I finally asked her what the problem is and apparently I had a flock of seagulls sitting on my van. So I opened slowly opened up the sunroof (Just the inside covering, not the glass) and it took them a few seconds to notice me and when they did their eyes bugged out and they freaked out and took off.

2 mins later they returned.  :facepalm2: So then I yelled at them that if they're going to make me look like frickin Snow White, the LEAST they could do is show up at my house and clean it.

that reminds of yesterday, when i strolled out of the building into the carpark, and there was this old boy , with a face like thunder, scraping the birdshit off  the  bonnet of his car.
"Somebody's put this here" he complained, in all seriousness. "No bird shits that much"

oh yeah? well the car was parked right under a tree and we have loads abd loads  of pretty sizable birds round here: seagulls, wood pigeons, rooks, magpies...

I don't know which of those drop great big splats of green stuff? but i find that a whole lot more feasible than the notion that some other impish neighbour has been going round collecting birdshit, or similar  in  a little bucket  and sploshing the contents over this guy's car when he wasn't looking. Either way , it's pretty clear that my neighbours are losing their sanity.  :LOL:
You should have told that Canadian geese shit every 7 mins so it's entirely possible :laugh:
― Hiba Fatima Ahmad

Offline Walkie

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #7443 on: May 15, 2020, 08:19:56 AM »
Actually, i think it might possibly have been albatross poop. Now that would be really unusual in the uk.

i say that because of a comical bit of bird behaviour i happened to witness the other day, There was this seemingly undersized crow perched on the the guttering across the road , right next to the biggest fucking seagull that  i ever saw in my life. The thing totally dwarfed the little crow, but  I was too taken up with watching their behavior to think about  how the hell a gulll could have grown that big, though i did notice that it's bill was curiously rounded, and vaguely surmised that it couldn;t really  be a gull, must be something else.

Anyway, the crow kept edging closer and closer to the "gull" until the gull chased it off with a show of agression'. But it didn't withdraw very far, and instantly resumed edging closer. Rinse and repeat through several iterations until suddenly the gull had enough and took off, flying over my rooftop (yep, in the generasl direction of the capark  :LOL:) with the little crow in pursuit.

Love or what?  :laugh:

Now, it suddenly strikes me that the "gull"could have been an abatross.  I just checked out some albatross images, and yeah: it looked just like one of those. Ooooh. Now that's more interesting than birdshit on cars , isn't it :LOL:

Offline Phoenix

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #7444 on: May 15, 2020, 08:24:36 AM »
Clearly the crow missed the memo on social distancing and the gull did not   ;)
― Hiba Fatima Ahmad

Offline Walkie

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #7445 on: May 15, 2020, 08:51:34 AM »
Clearly the crow missed the memo on social distancing and the gull did not   ;)

but still...heck! the twitchers would have my guts for garters if word got out that i'd seen  a black-browed albatross  in the Midlands, of all places, and didn't take a pic, didn't call birdwatch . just laughed and laughed at the funny little crow that had fallen in love with it  :laugh:
still, without the pic , it didn't happen *phew*

Offline Lord of the Ales

• Elder
  • Postwhore
  • Will work for beer
    • Last.fm thingy
« Reply #7446 on: May 15, 2020, 09:28:25 AM »
An albatross in the midlands would definitely be unusual. We usually keep ours on a bungy cord so when they reach the yorkshire border it twangs them back  :lol1:

Weirdly, we do have wallabies on the moors though. I assume they're lost.
arsebiscuits!

Retired despot, landlord and shitstirrer :deadhorse:

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #7447 on: May 15, 2020, 11:58:23 AM »
Bought beer. ;D
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline Walkie

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #7448 on: May 15, 2020, 02:15:41 PM »
An albatross in the midlands would definitely be unusual. We usually keep ours on a bungy cord so when they reach the yorkshire border it twangs them back  :lol1:

:orly: That must be what Scotland were doing  do with their albatross. But they've let him off the leash now:

https://www.pressreader.com/uk/the-herald-on-sunday/20100613/282187942265005

Sorry , I just don't believe that you guys have more than one albatross; but if you twanged him back fast enough, i guess  he could look like a lot of albatrosses  :LOL:

« Last Edit: May 15, 2020, 02:18:37 PM by Walkie »

Offline Walkie

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #7449 on: May 15, 2020, 02:23:11 PM »

Weirdly, we do have wallabies on the moors though. I assume they're lost.
Better let the Aussies know that boomerangs are not so reliable as bungee cords  :lol1:

Offline Lord of the Ales

• Elder
  • Postwhore
  • Will work for beer
    • Last.fm thingy
« Reply #7450 on: May 16, 2020, 05:36:11 AM »
arsebiscuits!

Retired despot, landlord and shitstirrer :deadhorse:

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #7451 on: May 18, 2020, 02:05:44 PM »
I got a pipe that was jammed in the socket of a slick (really big framing chisel) out after trying off and on since I got it in October without damaging the slick
"Eat it up.  Wear it out.  Make it do or do without." 

'People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it.'
George Bernard Shaw

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #7452 on: May 19, 2020, 12:39:59 AM »
Coffee happened and saved you all.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline Phoenix

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #7453 on: May 19, 2020, 07:20:30 AM »
Coffee happened and saved you all.
:laugh:

Hot chocolate on a chilly morning while I'm curled up in a blanket on the couch is currently happening and this makes me happy.
― Hiba Fatima Ahmad

Offline SBI_Patience

• It all happens in the Aspies Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore
  • Patience² = Banter&¾
    • Midnight's Instagram
« Reply #7454 on: May 19, 2020, 07:45:50 AM »
The sun is out and I'm happy either way.  :2thumbsup:
Formerly known as superboyian.