Author Topic: Post something good that happened today, Parts Two  (Read 120117 times)

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
Re: Post something good that happened today, Parts Two
« Reply #7335 on: April 26, 2020, 02:00:25 AM »
^I always go to bed after midnight and I'm older than you are. But my sleeping sucks, always did.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline renaeden

• Complicated Case of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #7336 on: April 26, 2020, 02:12:42 AM »
I never knew you went to bed that late.

I probably sleep too much. But back when I was a forklift driver I used to have to get up at 5am to start work at 6am. So that meant I had to be in bed by 9pm. Since then I've always gone to bed around that time even though I don't have to get up at 5am.

Good thing to happen: I found some dried mango pieces (in a packet) in the pantry. I forgot they were there.
Mildly Cute in a Retarded Way
Tek'ma'tae

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
« Reply #7337 on: April 26, 2020, 09:53:42 AM »
:lol1:

Found that one of my packages was successfully delivered to "Someplace,"  California. I live in Indiana, so I complained.

Email response was, "Sadly a making mistake occurred during your addressing. Immediately we will out ship again today."

:autism:
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline Phoenix

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #7338 on: April 26, 2020, 02:22:56 PM »
Dairy Queen? Blizzards? What is this? *said in DS9 Prophet voice*
It's a frozen ice cream treat with things mixed into it like cookie dough, or brownie chunks etc and it's so thick that when they put it into the cup, they can tip it upside down and it won't fall out. So good.
“To rise, first you must burn.”
― Hiba Fatima Ahmad

Offline Phoenix

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #7339 on: April 26, 2020, 02:24:06 PM »
I go to bed early as well. I'm in bed by 8pm so that I can read and lights out by 10:30pm. I have to be up before 7:30am every day and I'm a person who needs a lot of sleep.
― Hiba Fatima Ahmad

Offline Jack

• Reiterative Utterance of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • You don't know Jack.
« Reply #7340 on: April 26, 2020, 07:06:53 PM »
If Australian McDonalds serve McFlurry, it's like that, except Dairy Queen probably offers more choices of stuff to put in it .

Offline Phoenix

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #7341 on: April 26, 2020, 07:33:27 PM »
If Australian McDonalds serve McFlurry, it's like that, except Dairy Queen probably offers more choices of stuff to put in it .
But the Blizzard is a lot thicker.
― Hiba Fatima Ahmad

Offline Jack

• Elder
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • You don't know Jack.
« Reply #7342 on: April 26, 2020, 07:42:01 PM »
Is it? Both restaurants have soft serve icecream machines. As a teen worked in both a Dairy Queen and a Sonic. They both had soft serve ice cream machines and a Sonic blast was no different than a blizzard. Have never eaten icecream at a McDonalds, but it makes sense.

Offline Phoenix

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #7343 on: April 26, 2020, 07:47:32 PM »
Is it? Both restaurants have soft serve icecream machines. As a teen worked in both a Dairy Queen and a Sonic. They both had soft serve ice cream machines and a Sonic blast was no different than a blizzard. Have never eaten icecream at a McDonalds, but it makes sense.
Compared to a McFlurry, I would say yes. I haven't had a Blast though because they don't have Sonic here.

(and now I'm giggling that I'm giving this much thought to this particular topic. Yes, definitely still in quarantine)  :laugh:
― Hiba Fatima Ahmad

Offline Jack

• Elder
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • You don't know Jack.
« Reply #7344 on: April 26, 2020, 07:56:36 PM »
Compared to a McFlurry, I would say yes. I haven't had a Blast though because they don't have Sonic here.

(and now I'm giggling that I'm giving this much thought to this particular topic. Yes, definitely still in quarantine)  :laugh:
Personally hated the whole tip the cup thing, because during busy times when the machines were overworked there's no way that was happening. Also thought sonic was better because they serve theirs in styrofoam cup which slowed melting while eating. Now realizing it's been entirely too long since allowing myself to eat icecream. :laugh:

Offline Phoenix

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #7345 on: April 26, 2020, 08:13:09 PM »

Personally hated the whole tip the cup thing, because during busy times when the machines were overworked there's no way that was happening. Also thought sonic was better because they serve theirs in styrofoam cup which slowed melting while eating. Now realizing it's been entirely too long since allowing myself to eat icecream. :laugh:
:lol1:
― Hiba Fatima Ahmad

Offline rock hound

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • The Lurker at the Threshold.
« Reply #7346 on: April 26, 2020, 08:32:05 PM »
Worked for nearly 5 hours at walmart due to mgmt. incompetence.  But it was good, since Carla and I had no place to go or see due to the pandemic.  I just had to make sure I did NOT go beyond 5 hours on the clock or I would have been written up for breaking state law.  Yeah, go figure that out.  I volunteer to work and get screwed for being a nice person.   ::)  It's happened once and walmart sucks.
"Some books are to be tasted.  Others to be swallowed.  And some few to be chewed and digested."  --Sir Francis Bacon

"Civilization exists by geologic consent.  Subject to change without notice."  --Will Durant

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #7347 on: April 27, 2020, 01:40:14 AM »
Why the 5-hour limit? :-\
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline rock hound

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #7348 on: April 27, 2020, 09:14:11 AM »
Why the 5-hour limit? :-\

It's a NH state labor law.  You must clock out at 5 hours and take a break for lunch or so.  I once went 2 minutes over by staying to help out beyond my normal work time.  I got written up for it.  It sounds ridiculous, but, I suppose the law goes back to a time when the company would work people without giving breaks at all.  So if I stay on the clock for more than 5 hours, walmart could get in trouble with the law.  So last night, I kept a wary eye on the clock.
"Some books are to be tasted.  Others to be swallowed.  And some few to be chewed and digested."  --Sir Francis Bacon

"Civilization exists by geologic consent.  Subject to change without notice."  --Will Durant

Offline rock hound

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #7349 on: April 27, 2020, 11:03:36 AM »
Looking on the plus side of cancelling our travel plans for the next few months..........we're saving a lot of money from staying at B&B's and eating out at restaurants.    :zoinks: