Educational

Author Topic: Post something good that happened today, Parts Two  (Read 120147 times)

Offline rock hound

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • The Lurker at the Threshold.
Re: Post something good that happened today, Parts Two
« Reply #7275 on: April 04, 2020, 07:52:07 AM »
Why is that stupid?

Well depending on the amount, I mean. But stocking up in advance of quarantine on something that might actually help you get well seems smart.

Difficult for me to explain, but, here goes.......people seem to think that taking mega doses of Vitamin C is good for you.  Yes, Vitamin C is good for you.  It's something you get from many plant and fruit sources as well as a tablet.  Vitamin C is water soluble, which means that your body cannot accumulate it and your body just pisses it out.  Your a smart woman, you know that, but, the herd mentality is not much for intelligence.  And that is what I am talking about.  The herd mentality, and I have heard this from many people, "Take a lot of Vit. C and you will never be sick, etc, etc, ad nauseum."  And it will not help you get well with this coronavirus, it might strengthen your immune system temporarily.......but, it will not be the key to getting well.  That depends upon your own health and immune system.  Your in good shape, your son is vulnerable, the elderly are vulnerable, immuno-compromised people are vulnerable....and no amount of vit. C will help make them well if they get attacked by the coronavirus. 

Hoarding Vit. C is stupid in that regard.  It just makes it harder for people who could use it to NOT get it.  GET IT!  I hope I have met your challenge question.  If this is shit stirring..........

Apparently there's a rumor flying around stating that vitamin C will cure covid-19.

There's a lot of scams out there, including the fundies of any religion. 
"Some books are to be tasted.  Others to be swallowed.  And some few to be chewed and digested."  --Sir Francis Bacon

"Civilization exists by geologic consent.  Subject to change without notice."  --Will Durant

Offline rock hound

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #7276 on: April 04, 2020, 07:54:06 AM »
Why is that stupid?

Well depending on the amount, I mean. But stocking up in advance of quarantine on something that might actually help you get well seems smart.

Difficult for me to explain, but, here goes.......people seem to think that taking mega doses of Vitamin C is good for you.  Yes, Vitamin C is good for you.  It's something you get from many plant and fruit sources as well as a tablet.  Vitamin C is water soluble, which means that your body cannot accumulate it and your body just pisses it out.  Your a smart woman, you know that, but, the herd mentality is not much for intelligence.  And that is what I am talking about.  The herd mentality, and I have heard this from many people, "Take a lot of Vit. C and you will never be sick, etc, etc, ad nauseum."  And it will not help you get well with this coronavirus, it might strengthen your immune system temporarily.......but, it will not be the key to getting well.  That depends upon your own health and immune system.  Your in good shape, your son is vulnerable, the elderly are vulnerable, immuno-compromised people are vulnerable....and no amount of vit. C will help make them well if they get attacked by the coronavirus. 

Hoarding Vit. C is stupid in that regard.  It just makes it harder for people who could use it to NOT get it.  GET IT!  I hope I have met your challenge question.  If this is shit stirring..........

Apparently there's a rumor flying around stating that vitamin C will cure covid-19.

And drinking water with a tablespoon of baking soda too.

Yeah this is highly legit.  :nerdy: :tard: :tinfoil:

Massive amounts of vitamine C make your blood more acidic (before peeing the stuff out, duh). And lo and behold. Drinking a baking soda solution every day turns your blood more alkaline. Everyone knows viruses cannot stand  blood that is either too alkaline or too acidic.
The really smart people dissolve the baking soda not in water but in lemon juice. Then they get the best of both ways.

It's a pity festivals are cancelled. This asks for a stand selling snake oil.

Sounds like the premise for survival in the movie, "The Andromeda Strain".  by Michael Crichton.    It's from back in the 70's. 
"Some books are to be tasted.  Others to be swallowed.  And some few to be chewed and digested."  --Sir Francis Bacon

"Civilization exists by geologic consent.  Subject to change without notice."  --Will Durant

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #7277 on: April 04, 2020, 07:55:03 AM »
I remember "The Andromeda Strain". Good film, actually.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline rock hound

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #7278 on: April 04, 2020, 07:57:03 AM »
I remember "The Andromeda Strain". Good film, actually.

For it's time, it had great special effects and it had great acting.

Offline "couldbecousin"

• Invincible Heisenweeble of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore Beyond Teh Stupid
  • You're goddamn right.
« Reply #7279 on: April 04, 2020, 09:17:29 AM »
  I FOUND TOILET PAPER.  :party:

A work friend told me about a mini-market in our area, said it's very clean and
 always has  :tp:  in stock.  She was right on both counts. 
 The  :tp:  is in paper-wrapped individual paper wrapping.  I'd prefer plastic wrapped,
 but I'm letting the rolls sit out until any virus on the wrapping (hopefully) dies. 
 I'll definitely use that little store for quick errands and
 paper goods, in these times it's like El Dorado!  :2thumbsup:
« Last Edit: April 04, 2020, 09:23:04 AM by "couldbecousin" »
"I'm finding a lot of things funny lately, but I don't think they are."
--- Ripley, Alien Resurrection

"We are grateful for the time we have been given."
--- Edward Walker, The Village

People forget.
--- The Who, "Eminence Front"

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #7280 on: April 05, 2020, 02:14:20 AM »
TP is returning to the shelves here. There's still no rice to be found anywhere, though.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline renaeden

• Complicated Case of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #7281 on: April 05, 2020, 03:06:18 AM »
I spoke to Mum over the phone and she told me my uncle has recovered. He and his wife both tested negative. So she never got it at all.
Mildly Cute in a Retarded Way
Tek'ma'tae

Offline Phoenix

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #7282 on: April 05, 2020, 05:31:58 AM »
Thank goodness for that
“To rise, first you must burn.”
― Hiba Fatima Ahmad

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #7283 on: April 05, 2020, 12:57:01 PM »
 :agreed:

- Albert Einstein

Offline rock hound

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #7284 on: April 05, 2020, 01:00:15 PM »
Put up and strung out the clothes drying thingy.  Hammock has been set up on the back porch.  Found some bendy wire that Carla can use for her homemade face masks, around the bridge of the nose area for a better fit.  Spent a lot of time outside.

Offline Phoenix

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #7285 on: April 05, 2020, 02:45:25 PM »
Baked chocolate chip cookies with the kids
― Hiba Fatima Ahmad

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #7286 on: April 07, 2020, 01:54:32 AM »
Coffee happened.

- Albert Einstein

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
« Reply #7287 on: April 08, 2020, 12:29:36 PM »

Found a drive through carwash open. My cars are clean.
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #7288 on: April 08, 2020, 01:07:42 PM »
Daughter came to visit.

- Albert Einstein

Offline Phoenix

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #7289 on: April 08, 2020, 02:00:01 PM »
HB is bringing home takeout so I don't have to cook and monkeygirl will be home soon
― Hiba Fatima Ahmad