Author Topic: Post something good that happened today, Parts Two  (Read 120133 times)

Offline Minister Of Silly Walks

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
Re: Post something good that happened today, Parts Two
« Reply #7245 on: April 01, 2020, 04:21:38 PM »
World, don't ever try to say that Australia never gave you anything.

We gave you an insane dunny paper stockpiling obsession. You can thank us later!
“When men oppress their fellow men, the oppressor ever finds, in the character of the oppressed, a full justification for his oppression.” Frederick Douglass

Offline rock hound

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • The Lurker at the Threshold.
« Reply #7246 on: April 01, 2020, 05:03:27 PM »

We gave you an insane dunny paper stockpiling obsession. You can thank us later!

I did hear that this insanity began in Australia.  I guess the herd mentality is world wide. 
"Some books are to be tasted.  Others to be swallowed.  And some few to be chewed and digested."  --Sir Francis Bacon

"Civilization exists by geologic consent.  Subject to change without notice."  --Will Durant

Offline renaeden

• Complicated Case of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #7247 on: April 01, 2020, 08:01:54 PM »
I survived a half hour phone call with my psychologist.
Mildly Cute in a Retarded Way
Tek'ma'tae

Offline Walkie

• Wooden sword crusader of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #7248 on: April 02, 2020, 12:23:55 AM »

I wondered what "dunny paper"' is for a second or several.  i kinda imagined it as something like brown (dun) parcel paper  :LOL:  Seemed like the sort of sweet chillike obsession that some creative people (especially autistic ones) have.  came very close to googling the stuff, before the penny suddenly dropped.

Huh. Something much more normal and boring. Shoulda known. But anyways, this isn't a new thing.  Since stockpiling became a big issue, i keep getting flashbbacks a song called "Cheepnis"by Zappa and the Mothers c 1973 which contains the immortal words

"C'mon! everybody! let's go!
Get the distilled water! get the canned goods!
Get the toilet paper! you know we need it!

Go to da shelter
My baby, my baby
Go to da shelter
Go to da shelter"

Going further back, my Granddad semi-reliably informed me that. in his day people had to use torn up newspapers instead.    They were that poor, ya see? i have since wondered what the heck people were supposed to do  if (like me, at rather too many junctures in my life) they were too poor to afford a daily newspaper  :LOL: Maybe things have changed in more ways than we know, but newspapers  are certainly a heckover lot more pricey than that quaint old dunny paper stuff, aren't they?

I also wonder  how they cleaned the newsprint off their bum?

« Last Edit: April 02, 2020, 12:25:58 AM by Walkie »

Offline renaeden

• Complicated Case of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #7249 on: April 02, 2020, 12:32:04 AM »
The Dunny Doctor (septic tank and toilet plumber around here) is doing a roaring trade with all the people who are putting things besides toilet paper and #1s and #2s down their toilets. Things like facial tissues and paper towels and thus having blockages.
Mildly Cute in a Retarded Way
Tek'ma'tae

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #7250 on: April 02, 2020, 12:52:37 AM »
The Dunny Doctor (septic tank and toilet plumber around here) is doing a roaring trade with all the people who are putting things besides toilet paper and #1s and #2s down their toilets. Things like facial tissues and paper towels and thus having blockages.

"Dunny Doctor" :laugh:
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #7251 on: April 02, 2020, 12:52:58 AM »

We'll think of something.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline Pyraxis

• Werewolf Wrangler of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • aka Daria
« Reply #7252 on: April 02, 2020, 10:04:03 PM »
I moved my spring onion sprouts into soil and one of them is very clearly growing.
You'll never self-actualize the subconscious canopy of stardust with that attitude.

Offline "couldbecousin"

• Invincible Heisenweeble of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore Beyond Teh Stupid
  • You're goddamn right.
« Reply #7253 on: April 03, 2020, 05:14:22 AM »
It's ridiculous, how much TP do people think they're going to go through in a month? Even in China they've only been quarantined for two months and they still let people out for groceries.

In China, generally speaking, they don't use toilet paper.

The toilet paper craze started, by my understanding, in Australia as a recommendation from the government that households keep a 14 day supply of essential items including food, toilet paper, and medicine. In case of mandatory self quarantine rather than lockdowns. I am in self quarantine, for example, and would be in trouble if the plod come to check on me and I was out buying toilet paper.

People saw toilet paper on the government list and some jumped to the stupid conclusion that a coronavirus would mean toilet paper supply issues. The shelves emptied and then more people started to panic.

Yeah, over here (US), my local superemarket has trouble keeping paper goods in stock. 
   I have enough toilet paper for another week or so, but I'm getting nervous.  :tp: :tinfoil:
"I'm finding a lot of things funny lately, but I don't think they are."
--- Ripley, Alien Resurrection

"We are grateful for the time we have been given."
--- Edward Walker, The Village

People forget.
--- The Who, "Eminence Front"

Offline Charlotte Quin

• Abbess from the Abyss
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #7254 on: April 03, 2020, 08:11:53 AM »
I'm down to 3 double length rolls.

I don't know where my next supply of dunny roll will come from, I really don't.

My mum is lucky she can take advantage of the exclusive shopping times because she's a pensioner now.

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
« Reply #7255 on: April 03, 2020, 08:59:15 AM »
I moved my spring onion sprouts into soil and one of them is very clearly growing.
:woohoo:

I generally plant all of my store bought onion butts all year long and many of those have shown themselves emerging, but this time of year I usually have bought more small starter onions to fill in gaps, but I have not yet gone shopping for garden stuff.

You are already getting the jump on me.
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
« Reply #7256 on: April 03, 2020, 09:23:45 AM »
It's ridiculous, how much TP do people think they're going to go through in a month? Even in China they've only been quarantined for two months and they still let people out for groceries.

In China, generally speaking, they don't use toilet paper.

The toilet paper craze started, by my understanding, in Australia as a recommendation from the government that households keep a 14 day supply of essential items including food, toilet paper, and medicine. In case of mandatory self quarantine rather than lockdowns. I am in self quarantine, for example, and would be in trouble if the plod come to check on me and I was out buying toilet paper.

People saw toilet paper on the government list and some jumped to the stupid conclusion that a coronavirus would mean toilet paper supply issues. The shelves emptied and then more people started to panic.

Yeah, over here (US), my local superemarket has trouble keeping paper goods in stock. 
   I have enough toilet paper for another week or so, but I'm getting nervous.  :tp: :tinfoil:

I have a decided advantage over many due to the fact that my son works at a large grocery store.
When I pick him up from work he tells me what the trucks are stocking during the night. Got there at 7AM a few days ago and they were about to open. There was a line  of customers.

I got in and they had eight pallets of toilet paper sitting in the paper aisle and they were not even bothering to put it on the shelves, just cut the plastic off the pallets and let it go. Limit  "two per customer," though.
« Last Edit: April 03, 2020, 09:25:30 AM by DirtDawg »
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #7257 on: April 03, 2020, 09:41:42 AM »
Apparently people aren't hoarding TP as much as they're hoarding vitamin C.

- Albert Einstein

Offline rock hound

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • The Lurker at the Threshold.
« Reply #7258 on: April 03, 2020, 12:04:14 PM »
Apparently people aren't hoarding TP as much as they're hoarding vitamin C.

Which is stupid in and of itself.  Zinc has also been in short supply.
"Some books are to be tasted.  Others to be swallowed.  And some few to be chewed and digested."  --Sir Francis Bacon

"Civilization exists by geologic consent.  Subject to change without notice."  --Will Durant

Offline Pyraxis

• Werewolf Wrangler of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • aka Daria
« Reply #7259 on: April 03, 2020, 02:42:01 PM »
Why is that stupid?

Well depending on the amount, I mean. But stocking up in advance of quarantine on something that might actually help you get well seems smart.
You'll never self-actualize the subconscious canopy of stardust with that attitude.