Author Topic: Post something good that happened today, Parts Two  (Read 120133 times)

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
Re: Post something good that happened today, Parts Two
« Reply #7230 on: March 30, 2020, 06:35:21 AM »
Almost alone in the house for a few hours, son is at work, my wife is at her school collecting materials for packets to be sent to students and my daughter rarely gets up before 1 when she has no school
"Eat it up.  Wear it out.  Make it do or do without." 

'People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it.'
George Bernard Shaw

Offline rock hound

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • The Lurker at the Threshold.
« Reply #7231 on: March 30, 2020, 11:12:32 AM »
Somewhat good, Carla had to cancel our travel plans to Boston next month for our anniversary.  BUT, we got a full refund from Amtrak and The B&B called Carla to say, we might as well not come down there.  Mass. is in lock down and it would be pointless to go down there and not be able to browse shops, eat out at our favorite restaurants and hike around.  It will be interesting to use our imaginations to come up with Plan B.   8)
"Some books are to be tasted.  Others to be swallowed.  And some few to be chewed and digested."  --Sir Francis Bacon

"Civilization exists by geologic consent.  Subject to change without notice."  --Will Durant

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #7232 on: March 30, 2020, 02:55:47 PM »
My daughter came by. :)
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline Phoenix

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #7233 on: March 30, 2020, 05:08:36 PM »
My daughter came by. :)
Aww yay!

My current good thing is that the pup made it through surgery just fine and is groggy and miserable but happy to be curled up at my feet. It's going to take another 24-48 hours for the anesthetic to clear her system.
“To rise, first you must burn.”
― Hiba Fatima Ahmad

Offline Pyraxis

• Werewolf Wrangler of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • aka Daria
« Reply #7234 on: March 30, 2020, 06:38:28 PM »
Yay for healthy pup!
You'll never self-actualize the subconscious canopy of stardust with that attitude.

Offline Phoenix

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #7235 on: March 30, 2020, 07:44:09 PM »
Indeed. Quite an overwhelming day. Very relieved.
― Hiba Fatima Ahmad

Offline rock hound

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • The Lurker at the Threshold.
« Reply #7236 on: March 30, 2020, 07:47:05 PM »
Yay, for successful operation!
"Some books are to be tasted.  Others to be swallowed.  And some few to be chewed and digested."  --Sir Francis Bacon

"Civilization exists by geologic consent.  Subject to change without notice."  --Will Durant

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #7237 on: March 31, 2020, 01:12:12 AM »
My former employer contacted me for a consulting gig. Now wondering how much to charge for my services.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline Phoenix

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #7238 on: March 31, 2020, 06:43:12 AM »
My former employer contacted me for a consulting gig. Now wondering how much to charge for my services.
Yay income!  :P
― Hiba Fatima Ahmad

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #7239 on: April 01, 2020, 12:49:09 AM »

Yes, and vindication. They let me go, you know.

It's better to be a contractor than an employee, though. I don't have to suffer through one-on-ones or care about office politics or ask permission to attend a conference. Not that the latter is an option anyway, for the time being. :P

- Albert Einstein

Offline Phoenix

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #7240 on: April 01, 2020, 08:33:39 AM »

It's better to be a contractor than an employee, though. I don't have to suffer through one-on-ones or care about office politics or ask permission to attend a conference. Not that the latter is an option anyway, for the time being. :P
I missed the former employer part. Even better!

Had an argument with someone yesterday but today everyone owned up to their parts in it which I appreciate.
― Hiba Fatima Ahmad

Offline Bastet

• Psychotic Mentally Deficient Deranged Bitch
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • MeOW!
« Reply #7241 on: April 01, 2020, 02:19:33 PM »
Of course not! Having opinions you don’t agree with and unintentionally making you butthurt for no reason! Things like that!

You are overreacting to nothing. Seriously. Practice what you preach about “dealing with your butthurt.”

I’ve been curious as to your marital status for a while. I didn’t bother to ask because I figured you wouldn’t reply. I just admitted an internal thought in aspie fashion and you show us your sensitive side.
I can very much see your POV , here, DFG.  But, the trouble is that you jumped in on Scrap's tail, didn't you?  You even quoted him.  And Scrap was not only being snide little bastard , he was knowingly resurrecting an issue which should never have been thrown into the public arena in the first place. It is odeon's (and everybody else's) prerogative to keep his private life private if he so wishes. But then somebody from I^2 went and committed  the criminal act of stalking Odeon, RL, as well as doxxing him online .
If we can't understand the implications of all that and show a bit of belated respect, then we're not just spazzes, we are fucking morons.    >:(

Odeon is very sensitive as of late. I didn’t do anything wrong. He’s butthurt and he knows it.
:kitten: OBSESSIVE AILUROPHILE :kitten:

It is far better for people to hate you for doing the right thing than for people to love you for doing the wrong thing. Never ever forget that.

Offline Bastet

• Psychotic Mentally Deficient Deranged Bitch
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • MeOW!
« Reply #7242 on: April 01, 2020, 02:21:22 PM »
Of course not! Having opinions you don’t agree with and unintentionally making you butthurt for no reason! Things like that!

You are overreacting to nothing. Seriously. Practice what you preach about “dealing with your butthurt.”

I’ve been curious as to your marital status for a while. I didn’t bother to ask because I figured you wouldn’t reply. I just admitted an internal thought in aspie fashion and you show us your sensitive side.
I can very much see your POV , here, DFG.  But, the trouble is that you jumped in on Scrap's tail, didn't you?  You even quoted him.  And Scrap was not only being snide little bastard , he was knowingly resurrecting an issue which should never have been thrown into the public arena in the first place. It is odeon's (and everybody else's) prerogative to keep his private life private if he so wishes. But then somebody from I^2 went and committed  the criminal act of stalking Odeon, RL, as well as doxxing him online .
If we can't understand the implications of all that and show a bit of belated respect, then we're not just spazzes, we are fucking morons.    >:(
:kitten: OBSESSIVE AILUROPHILE :kitten:

It is far better for people to hate you for doing the right thing than for people to love you for doing the wrong thing. Never ever forget that.

Offline Walkie

• Wooden sword crusader of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #7243 on: April 01, 2020, 03:06:52 PM »

congratulations!  :green:
reminds me of my late friend, David (who briefly appeared here as Teddy Bear) . He worked in property management for years and year,s  for a pretty modest salary, being seriosly put upon by residents and Board of Directors  to rthe point that he barely had a life of his own (having been silly enough to purchase an apartment for himself on the very estate he was managing. Seemed like a good idea at the time). The extra out-of-hours work was not in his contract. He just happened to be a nice helpful sort. His flat was just a normal private flat,  not the ""manager''s office" (which was situated in a different block) but peope rarely respected the distinction.

Then, on fine day. the Directors decided they couldn't afford a full time manager any more, and drastically reduced his hours. He quit and got another job somewhere else. Not long therafter, they approached him with tail between their legs  and brought him back as a contactor; which effectively meant reduced hours,  better pay; and he steadfastly refused to go beyond the call of duty after that  :green:

Offline Minister Of Silly Walks

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #7244 on: April 01, 2020, 04:04:03 PM »
It's ridiculous, how much TP do people think they're going to go through in a month? Even in China they've only been quarantined for two months and they still let people out for groceries.

In China, generally speaking, they don't use toilet paper.

The toilet paper craze started, by my understanding, in Australia as a recommendation from the government that households keep a 14 day supply of essential items including food, toilet paper, and medicine. In case of mandatory self quarantine rather than lockdowns. I am in self quarantine, for example, and would be in trouble if the plod come to check on me and I was out buying toilet paper.

People saw toilet paper on the government list and some jumped to the stupid conclusion that a coronavirus would mean toilet paper supply issues. The shelves emptied and then more people started to panic.
“When men oppress their fellow men, the oppressor ever finds, in the character of the oppressed, a full justification for his oppression.” Frederick Douglass