Author Topic: Post something good that happened today, Parts Two  (Read 120113 times)

Offline Tequila

• Elder
  • Postwhore
Re: Post something good that happened today, Parts Two
« Reply #7080 on: July 07, 2019, 02:18:48 PM »
went out for lunch to commemorate the first anniversary of my Ex's death. Son couldn't be there (on holiday in Cornwall, ATM) 'so it was just me, Exs last partner , Ex's daughter and her partner.  Sounds ghastly, put like that,  doesn;'t it? but they are all really nice people with a quirky outlook on life,  whom i've very much come to regard as family and it great to get together with them. As things turned outm, the place we were going to eat at was closing two hours early today, so we went somewhere else instead, and - predictably- i just had to sip pineapple juice whilst  watching them eat, cos my diet is pretty much impossible these days.  NP, I'd purposely had a late breakfast, and my ex-stepdaughter (for want of better title) let me nick some steamed carrot (the only thing on offer that  I could actually eat) off her plate, We talked and talked and laughed and laughed , and when they dropped me off at my door it was nearly 7,00 pm, Couldn;t believe how the time had flown.   A really pleasant afternoon. :)

Have gou got Henry Niles in there?

Offline sg1008

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • This chicken is Insured.
« Reply #7081 on: July 07, 2019, 03:12:52 PM »
Ran into a fiddler and banjo player on the bride walking home. I had run into them before, about a week ago and play some with them. Nice people. Really hot day to be out playing.

:)
Can't you guys even just imagine it?

Forget practicality, or your experience....can you just....imagine?

It's there. It always was.

Offline Gopher Gary

• sockpuppet alert!
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • I'm not wearing pants.
« Reply #7082 on: July 07, 2019, 06:14:53 PM »
A fiddler and banjo player walk into a bar. The bartender says, "This can only lead to treble".  :zoinks:
:gopher:

Offline rock hound

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • The Lurker at the Threshold.
« Reply #7083 on: July 07, 2019, 08:57:51 PM »
Finished the weekend work torture, off tomorrow, work Tuesday and then a GLORIOUS week off.   8)
"Some books are to be tasted.  Others to be swallowed.  And some few to be chewed and digested."  --Sir Francis Bacon

"Civilization exists by geologic consent.  Subject to change without notice."  --Will Durant

Offline sg1008

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #7084 on: July 08, 2019, 03:16:54 PM »
Had a burrito.

Despite feeling terrible, I got to see my coworkers who were doing well and a joy to see. :]

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
« Reply #7085 on: July 12, 2019, 05:09:16 PM »
This week was mostly about getting our new whirlpool/hot tub set up and working. Over the past two days the delivery of all the pieces was finally done.

I gave up a bit of my back deck space to place it in a private area. Now it is running and heating up.

I can't wait until it is ready to go. I plan to leave it fairly cool, since it is summer, but this fall I will warm it up and enjoy it even more.
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline sg1008

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #7086 on: July 12, 2019, 05:32:44 PM »
This week was mostly about getting our new whirlpool/hot tub set up and working. Over the past two days the delivery of all the pieces was finally done.

I gave up a bit of my back deck space to place it in a private area. Now it is running and heating up.

I can't wait until it is ready to go. I plan to leave it fairly cool, since it is summer, but this fall I will warm it up and enjoy it even more.

Sounds good. Are you planning on using any of those "bath bomb" thingies?

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #7087 on: July 13, 2019, 07:44:38 AM »

If you mean what I think you mean, then no. There are plenty of bubbles and powerful jets to make things like that unnecessary.
Besides, I do not care for the "fragrant" (fucking stinky!!) varieties either.
I grow lavender, bee balm, lemon grass and various other herbal essentials, so I suppose I could make up my own custom "potpourri bags" to enjoy.

You gave me an idea.
 :thumbup:
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline sg1008

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #7088 on: July 13, 2019, 01:20:28 PM »

If you mean what I think you mean, then no. There are plenty of bubbles and powerful jets to make things like that unnecessary.
Besides, I do not care for the "fragrant" (fucking stinky!!) varieties either.
I grow lavender, bee balm, lemon grass and various other herbal essentials, so I suppose I could make up my own custom "potpourri bags" to enjoy.

You gave me an idea.
 :thumbup:

Haha! Well, it sounds like you could have a very aromatic adventure ahead. Aroma therapy and warm jets...sounds awesome.
 :headbang2:

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #7089 on: July 13, 2019, 03:32:27 PM »
Back home after a two-day trip.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #7090 on: July 21, 2019, 11:12:33 AM »
Good, maybe, but FUNNY for sure.

I was drifting slowly through traffic downtown when a cool looking biker dude about my age ground his way up to my side door. I noticed he is checking out my car from head to toe. I am driving my Chevy Traverse, windows up, AC blasting cold air, stereo comforting, etc. It was ninety six degrees out there and this Harley rider is checking out my car.
Not really nervous yet, after all, I have my forty five on my hip and I do not see any more bikers around.
He suddenly gave me a big "Thumb up."  I returned the gesture, but at this point the dog became curious as to what was going on and jumped over the console and into the front seat, checking out the bike and looking very happy.

The biker dude immediately upon seeing the dog in the car grinned from ear to ear and gave me another Double Thumbs Up!
As not so cool as it is driving around in a Soccer Mom's grocery getter, AC on high, seemed a bit less suck town with the heat, but when he saw I had my dog with me, I was just fine with him.

:2thumbsup:

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #7091 on: July 21, 2019, 02:45:04 PM »
 :2thumbsup:
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #7092 on: July 29, 2019, 12:48:48 PM »
Last year really sucked for my stone fruits and several perennnial plants, generally. We had a deep, very late freeeze dipping welll below zero degrees Fahrenheit in late February after the buds had already seen warmer temps and had begun to open and flower.  No fruit and several perennials plants barely survived.

This year was ugly as well, but in different ways, so lots of peaches from my really old trees and a few plums from my two year old trees. Perennials look great,
tropicals I love to grow look great, although keeping up with our NO-RAIN July has been a challlenge.

All in all, good.
But, today I made a peach pie!!
First of many, I intend. Can not wait to try it!

« Last Edit: July 29, 2019, 12:50:52 PM by DirtDawg »

Offline Walkie

• Wooden sword crusader of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #7093 on: July 31, 2019, 03:41:13 PM »
^^ dammit, that looks delicious.
can't eat pastry these days, but hey! can't eat pixels either, so just for once i'm at no particular disadvantage
so  :plus:

Offline Walkie

• Wooden sword crusader of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #7094 on: July 31, 2019, 04:03:48 PM »
my good thing is also food -related, but let's start with last week, when my son's elder sister and her partner came round for the birthday.  Now, i've recently had to cut even more edibles out of my diet and i had loads of tinned,  frozen and packet  food just taking up precious space. so i passed a lot of it on to them.  They were really pleased and offered me some money, but i wouldn't take it. 

Now, my son's sister's partner (heck, is there no simple way to say that?) works at an organic garden, and today he dropped round with a box full of delicious-looking  organic veg for me, freshly picked from his workplace.  And he wouldn't take money for that either.  it was especially useful because i'd run out of greens, and the only shop that i can reastically walk to is utterly useless for thst sort of thing.  But even better than that, i was missing my son's company and it really cheered me up to have a vistor.

« Last Edit: July 31, 2019, 04:06:34 PM by Walkie »