Educational

Author Topic: Post something good that happened today, Parts Two  (Read 120112 times)

Offline Bastet

• Psychotic Mentally Deficient Deranged Bitch
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • MeOW!
Re: Post something good that happened today, Parts Two
« Reply #7035 on: June 06, 2019, 06:25:29 PM »
^^^ Cheating on the Mrs. again?? Or did she wise up and divorce you??

I’m curious, too. :D
:kitten: OBSESSIVE AILUROPHILE :kitten:

It is far better for people to hate you for doing the right thing than for people to love you for doing the wrong thing. Never ever forget that.

Offline Queen Victoria

• Ruler of Aspie Universe
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #7036 on: June 12, 2019, 11:35:32 AM »
I heard a piece performed by the Gothenburg Symphony Orchestra on our local classical station.  Well played.
A good monarch is a treasure. A good politician is an oxymoron.

My brain is both uninhibited and uninhabited.

:qv:

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #7037 on: June 13, 2019, 09:43:00 AM »
Guess what, Scrap? You've pissed me off sufficiently to spend time in the sinbin. I've tried to leave you alone, hoping that you'd do the same, but that didn't work. You keep doing your best to piss me off and so I've had it with you.

Do you honestly want to continue pissing me off? Have a think and remember that as an admin, there's plenty of other things I can do, on and off this place.

Enjoy the sinbin. Fucking wanker.

Oh, and DFG - I didn't let you back in for this sort of thing.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #7038 on: June 13, 2019, 09:43:27 AM »
As for good things happening today, see my previous post.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline Bastet

• Psychotic Mentally Deficient Deranged Bitch
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • MeOW!
« Reply #7039 on: June 14, 2019, 03:20:43 PM »
 Of course not! Having opinions you don’t agree with and unintentionally making you butthurt for no reason! Things like that!

You are overreacting to nothing. Seriously. Practice what you preach about “dealing with your butthurt.”

I’ve been curious as to your marital status for a while. I didn’t bother to ask because I figured you wouldn’t reply. I just admitted an internal thought in aspie fashion and you show us your sensitive side.

« Last Edit: June 14, 2019, 03:36:18 PM by Bastet »
:kitten: OBSESSIVE AILUROPHILE :kitten:

It is far better for people to hate you for doing the right thing than for people to love you for doing the wrong thing. Never ever forget that.

Offline sg1008

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • This chicken is Insured.
« Reply #7040 on: June 14, 2019, 06:53:04 PM »
On my day off I took my dog on a nice long walk by the river. Then I read some of my old statistics textbook and fumbled around in R (i dont know what Im doing in R). Then I went to the library to read a screenwriting textbook, but some kid pulled the fire alarm, so I left and continued reading in a cafe where i bought a ginger beer....yummm...... ^_^

how is everyone?
Can't you guys even just imagine it?

Forget practicality, or your experience....can you just....imagine?

It's there. It always was.

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #7041 on: June 15, 2019, 02:14:08 AM »
Of course not! Having opinions you don’t agree with and unintentionally making you butthurt for no reason! Things like that!

You are overreacting to nothing. Seriously. Practice what you preach about “dealing with your butthurt.”

I’ve been curious as to your marital status for a while. I didn’t bother to ask because I figured you wouldn’t reply. I just admitted an internal thought in aspie fashion and you show us your sensitive side.

Fuck off.

- Albert Einstein

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #7042 on: June 15, 2019, 02:20:15 AM »
how is everyone?

Overworked. Work's been demanding and I've been involved in organising a conference. No time for anything, it feels like.

- Albert Einstein

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
« Reply #7043 on: June 15, 2019, 11:21:17 AM »

Got my kid's "new/old" car back yesterday from the body shop and put four new tires on it today.

WOW! As always, a brand new set of fresh tires is an amazing improvement.

Taking it in tomorrow to have the dealer go over it completely and make sure it is as ready as it can be for a teen driver.
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline sg1008

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #7044 on: June 15, 2019, 03:17:35 PM »
how is everyone?

Overworked. Work's been demanding and I've been involved in organising a conference. No time for anything, it feels like.

That sucks...hopefully 1) it pays off, and 2) the little breaks you do have can be filled with pleasurable reminisces of non-work things. Do you drink tea? Sometimes making a cup is a nice vacation for the temporally challenged.

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
« Reply #7045 on: June 17, 2019, 09:07:51 AM »

Well after dropping the car on a Sunday to the dealership shop, not expecting for them to even have time to look at it until this morning some time, they already called and suggested some work to be done.

They found a leaky brake line and so I asked them to replace all the brake lines, replace all the fluid and make sure the brakes are 100%.
After that and replacing the strut bushings and aligning the suspension, the total will be just under seven hundred bucks.
Sounds like a win to me.
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline rock hound

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • The Lurker at the Threshold.
« Reply #7046 on: June 17, 2019, 10:30:42 AM »
I have the day off!   8)
"Some books are to be tasted.  Others to be swallowed.  And some few to be chewed and digested."  --Sir Francis Bacon

"Civilization exists by geologic consent.  Subject to change without notice."  --Will Durant

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #7047 on: June 18, 2019, 11:13:17 AM »
how is everyone?

That sucks...hopefully 1) it pays off, and 2) the little breaks you do have can be filled with pleasurable reminisces of non-work things. Do you drink tea? Sometimes making a cup is a nice vacation for the temporally challenged.

Thank you.

Both pay off but both are also taxing in the extreme. Hopefully things will start calming down by the end of this week.

- Albert Einstein

Offline Jack

• Reiterative Utterance of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • You don't know Jack.
« Reply #7048 on: June 18, 2019, 03:52:02 PM »
how is everyone?
Jack has been really good. Transferred to a new department at work, so now have a personal life back. It's taken a while to feel settled in the new role, due to unexpected limitations. Not sure if it's an issue of building trust, or my new boss being cautious about overworking me. Could be both, but either way, it slowly keeps getting better, and it's been months since I daydreamed about a catastrophe that prevents me from working. :laugh:

Offline sg1008

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #7049 on: June 18, 2019, 07:04:44 PM »
how is everyone?
Jack has been really good. Transferred to a new department at work, so now have a personal life back. It's taken a while to feel settled in the new role, due to unexpected limitations. Not sure if it's an issue of building trust, or my new boss being cautious about overworking me. Could be both, but either way, it slowly keeps getting better, and it's been months since I daydreamed about a catastrophe that prevents me from working. :laugh:

Hey thats excellent news! Glad it seems to be working out for you . :2thumbsup: Not daydreaming about catastrophes is a great sign. :]

My work has been good too. Its not very demanding on the intellectual side of things, but the company I have for coworkers is awesome. Everyone has a bit of nerdy social awkwardness to their character, and also tend to be very interesting. I think just about everyone is an artist, musician, or writer of some sort. Very creative bunch.