Educational

Author Topic: Post something good that happened today, Parts Two  (Read 120116 times)

Offline Charlotte Quin

• Abbess from the Abyss
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
Re: Post something good that happened today, Parts Two
« Reply #6870 on: December 14, 2018, 11:22:55 PM »
Goodness with those 250 and 192mbps speeds. But Australia is considered a third world country when it comes to our telecommunications infrastructure.
Theoretically they say I could have speeds up to 132mbps on my line but the ISP isn't offering NBN150 plans yet (that's how it's gonna go, as each of the POI's around the country get upgraded/expanded, we'll gradually be able to sign up for faster and faster plans)

Mobile 5G will come out next year and be faster than the NBN by times eleventy.

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #6871 on: December 15, 2018, 05:04:27 AM »
Mobile 5G is more about stability and bandwidth, though. End users might not benefit much in the short term.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline Phoenix

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #6872 on: December 15, 2018, 08:03:09 AM »
I made contact with WolFish's spazz nephew. That didn't happen today, what happened today is I bought him a Steam gift certificate, because he is a gamer, and I do not think there is anybody else in his family who would understand.

No I haven't invited him here. Yes, I might at some point.   :autism:
I've thought about inviting my son here but it's kind of hard for a 20 year old guy to make his own mark when his mother has spent the last decade in here referring to him as monkeyboy  :laugh:
“To rise, first you must burn.”
― Hiba Fatima Ahmad

Offline "couldbecousin"

• Invincible Heisenweeble of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore Beyond Teh Stupid
  • You're goddamn right.
« Reply #6873 on: December 15, 2018, 08:06:31 AM »
I made contact with WolFish's spazz nephew. That didn't happen today, what happened today is I bought him a Steam gift certificate, because he is a gamer, and I do not think there is anybody else in his family who would understand.

I've thought about inviting my son here but it's kind of hard for a 20 year old guy to make his own mark when his mother has spent the last decade in here referring to him as monkeyboy  :laugh:

Too old he is to begin the training.  :yoda:  :P
"I'm finding a lot of things funny lately, but I don't think they are."
--- Ripley, Alien Resurrection

"We are grateful for the time we have been given."
--- Edward Walker, The Village

People forget.
--- The Who, "Eminence Front"

Offline Phoenix

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #6874 on: December 15, 2018, 08:29:37 AM »

Too old he is to begin the training.  :yoda:  :P

:lol1:
― Hiba Fatima Ahmad

Offline Queen Victoria

• Ruler of Aspie Universe
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #6875 on: December 15, 2018, 08:32:48 AM »

Be honest.  What you're really afraid of is all the embarrassing things he'll tell us about you
A good monarch is a treasure. A good politician is an oxymoron.

My brain is both uninhibited and uninhabited.

:qv:

Offline Lestat

• Pharmaceutical dustbin of the autie elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Homo stercore veteris, heterodiem
« Reply #6876 on: December 15, 2018, 09:43:04 AM »
Aye, lol.

Possible social anxiety?

I think it'd be a good idea, to invite him miss K, he's your son, and I doubt he'll give a flying fuck about the title 'monkeyboy' online so as not to give his real name out. And I'm sure he'd love to see you, spend time with you for the first time in ages. As for making his own mark, a visit to see you, isn't going to trash his life. You aren't a monster who abuses their kids, you are a good person. And if it weren't for the fact that I find you drop dead gorgeous, I'd have loved to have you for a mother (as it is, it'd be rather fucked up having a mother you can't look at and not think 'damn what a stunner', that, that would be sick and wrong :autism:)

Because I know you'd have been a good mother. I know you ARE one. I don't have the slightest, tiniest bit of reservation as to that being the case.

Why not have him over for xmas. A few shots, few beers, wine, whatever you two favour personally each, loosen up any such anxiety, share a few joints if its your and his thing, nice xmas dinner, exchange gifts, you know the theme, needn't be full of people, just you and your spawn, making merry and having a good time, curl up by the fire, catch up on shit that's gone down of late.

Go for it, my dear miss K, I have a feeling you'd not regret it.

If you like, I could even send you something for anxiety, if social anxiety is really problematic for you, just so you could have and enjoy such an xmas family reunion with your most valued. Wouldn't charge, would do it just so your happiness is ensured, if social anxiety is an obstacle to your joy, at such an occasion.
Beyond the pale. Way, way beyond the pale.

Requiescat in pacem, Wolfish, beloved of Pyraxis.

Offline Phoenix

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #6877 on: December 15, 2018, 11:22:55 AM »
Aye, lol.

Possible social anxiety?

I think it'd be a good idea, to invite him miss K, he's your son, and I doubt he'll give a flying fuck about the title 'monkeyboy' online so as not to give his real name out. And I'm sure he'd love to see you, spend time with you for the first time in ages. As for making his own mark, a visit to see you, isn't going to trash his life. You aren't a monster who abuses their kids, you are a good person. And if it weren't for the fact that I find you drop dead gorgeous, I'd have loved to have you for a mother (as it is, it'd be rather fucked up having a mother you can't look at and not think 'damn what a stunner', that, that would be sick and wrong :autism:)

Because I know you'd have been a good mother. I know you ARE one. I don't have the slightest, tiniest bit of reservation as to that being the case.

Why not have him over for xmas. A few shots, few beers, wine, whatever you two favour personally each, loosen up any such anxiety, share a few joints if its your and his thing, nice xmas dinner, exchange gifts, you know the theme, needn't be full of people, just you and your spawn, making merry and having a good time, curl up by the fire, catch up on shit that's gone down of late.

Go for it, my dear miss K, I have a feeling you'd not regret it.

If you like, I could even send you something for anxiety, if social anxiety is really problematic for you, just so you could have and enjoy such an xmas family reunion with your most valued. Wouldn't charge, would do it just so your happiness is ensured, if social anxiety is an obstacle to your joy, at such an occasion.
I'm so confused. He lives with me. So we see each other every day and we're very close. No social anxiety or having been away from each other or broken relationship or anything like that.  ???
― Hiba Fatima Ahmad

Offline Lestat

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #6878 on: December 15, 2018, 01:51:19 PM »
Oh, right. I thought he'd moved away to a home of his own elsewhere.

I didn't realize he and you live together. Lucky git that he is. I just thought the earlier posts sounded like he'd been away for some time, and that you missed him.

Broken relationship? I can no more see you being a bad mom, than I can see donald trump being a human being fit to shit in the same sewer as diseased medical waste ends up in. Or my getting bad yields on a microwave irradiation-driven amphetamine precursor synthesis, with my personal favourite catalyst blend.

It's like expecting hitler crawl out of the grave in order to attend a synagogue, expecting you to be a bad parent. Or asking bears to stop shitting in the woods.

Sorry, not gonna happen. You, miss K, are a good lass, that I know, I can tell, it just...well some people you can just KNOW. A cutie too ^_^

Offline Queen Victoria

• Ruler of Aspie Universe
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #6879 on: December 15, 2018, 02:51:09 PM »
Phoenix - another thought on how to handle the "monkey boy" predicament.  Tell him the computer automatically corrected 'Tarzan' to "Monkey Boy."

(This post is not meant to be racist or demeaning in any way.  It's just a crappy joke.)
A good monarch is a treasure. A good politician is an oxymoron.

My brain is both uninhibited and uninhabited.

:qv:

Offline Phoenix

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #6880 on: December 15, 2018, 09:26:59 PM »
Oh, right. I thought he'd moved away to a home of his own elsewhere.

I didn't realize he and you live together. Lucky git that he is. I just thought the earlier posts sounded like he'd been away for some time, and that you missed him.

Broken relationship? I can no more see you being a bad mom, than I can see donald trump being a human being fit to shit in the same sewer as diseased medical waste ends up in. Or my getting bad yields on a microwave irradiation-driven amphetamine precursor synthesis, with my personal favourite catalyst blend.

It's like expecting hitler crawl out of the grave in order to attend a synagogue, expecting you to be a bad parent. Or asking bears to stop shitting in the woods.

Sorry, not gonna happen. You, miss K, are a good lass, that I know, I can tell, it just...well some people you can just KNOW. A cutie too ^_^

I think I know where you got confused. When I said invite him here...I mean to I2. Not home. He's already there. :laugh:

Phoenix - another thought on how to handle the "monkey boy" predicament.  Tell him the computer automatically corrected 'Tarzan' to "Monkey Boy."

(This post is not meant to be racist or demeaning in any way.  It's just a crappy joke.)
I suspect he already knows. I'm sure I must have told him. There's not much we don't tell each other anyway.
― Hiba Fatima Ahmad

Offline Lestat

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #6881 on: December 15, 2018, 09:32:26 PM »
Yeh daft pudding ^_^

*pokes playfully and buggers off*

Offline Phoenix

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #6882 on: December 16, 2018, 08:57:56 AM »
Sleeping pupper beside me, hot chocolate, and a book.
― Hiba Fatima Ahmad

Offline sg1008

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • This chicken is Insured.
« Reply #6883 on: December 16, 2018, 07:05:10 PM »
My workmates are really kind. We shared stories about being weird and self-sabotaging, lol.
Can't you guys even just imagine it?

Forget practicality, or your experience....can you just....imagine?

It's there. It always was.

Offline Pyraxis

• Werewolf Wrangler of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • aka Daria
« Reply #6884 on: December 16, 2018, 07:59:26 PM »
Monkeyboy? We have word filters here. We could put them to a good use.  :zoinks:
You'll never self-actualize the subconscious canopy of stardust with that attitude.