Educational

Author Topic: Post something good that happened today, Parts Two  (Read 120147 times)

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
Re: Post something good that happened today, Parts Two
« Reply #6840 on: December 04, 2018, 06:44:42 AM »

This is bordering on "Bitchin' about things" in reality.
I took my daughter shopping at a Hobby Lobby store yesterday. The place was packed with older, heavily perfumed Christmas shoppers, but I made her a promise.
 :GA:

The good part is that it is DONE as I had promised her!
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #6841 on: December 04, 2018, 07:58:14 AM »
My thyroid tumor is Non Cancerous

That's great news!
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline Queen Victoria

• Ruler of Aspie Universe
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #6842 on: December 04, 2018, 10:19:28 AM »

Great news. 
A good monarch is a treasure. A good politician is an oxymoron.

My brain is both uninhibited and uninhabited.

:qv:

Offline Lestat

• Pharmaceutical dustbin of the autie elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Homo stercore veteris, heterodiem
« Reply #6843 on: December 04, 2018, 11:01:48 AM »
Well something good happened to me, too, then Ren. Finding out I put a smile on your face, put one on mine.

I've still got quite a bit of metadata-stripping from already taken pics to do, but sure, I can do some photo shots if you'd like me to?
Beyond the pale. Way, way beyond the pale.

Requiescat in pacem, Wolfish, beloved of Pyraxis.

Offline Jesse

• My mirror shows black (Otherwise known as nigger)
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • where mountains throne
« Reply #6844 on: December 04, 2018, 12:50:09 PM »
Thanks Renaeden, Odeon and  her majesty
:skywarp:

Offline Lestat

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #6845 on: December 04, 2018, 04:58:23 PM »
I'm damn relieved myself, +'ed you when I read of it being benign. I hope I did, I certainly meant to.

As, I know there is a wide distance between the various members, but the core of us, there are people that if we lost them, due to death, it would be like a death in the family. People like your good self, Ren, CBC, Walkie, Al, Bastet/ducky, I'd be fucking gutted if such non-genetically related family died.

Essentially, sort of, I've got blood relatives, autie/aspie/Rett's speshul spazz family, plus a clandestine chemist set of brothers and sisters.

And it fucking blows to have it happen. I lost a bee sister dear to me, we were kind of..ahem...sweet on each other, lass from albania, real talented clandestine chemist, as well as a really, REALLY talented artist.

She took her own life earlier this year, after a lot of misery from some serious illness, she had this really idiosyncratic  way of talking, not sure if it is entirely due to her native linguistic differences, but came off as spazzy too somewhat, not sure if she was spesh, but she WAS special TO me, we'd corresponded a lot via PM in the forum we shared, and just days before she took her own life, my friend, clandestine chemist CLOSE family, not just a more distant brotherhood, of nevertheless respected colleagues in CC, this girl was different, oh man, even so affectionate towards me to call me 'daddy' at times, real sweet, smart girl.And days before one of  her normie blood family made a quick few posts on our board, to tell us that she had taken her own life,  she'd taken the time and effort to draw me, personally, a special artwork picture of the two of us, her, topless, me, same, and carrying pieces of glassware on our hands together.

To find  out she'd fucking died, quite honestly, broke my heart. I still miss her, and she won't ever bee forgotten. She was a bee, a fine bee, and a fine artist too, I'm honoured she and I shared close cells on the same honeycomb as we did. And  her parting gift...I'll never forget her. I just wish I could  have known, that I could have said something, talked her out of it, because she didn't let on at all beforehand.

When I read the arc-hives of  old posts and threads, every time I see her, and her idiosyncratic communication style, it brings it all back, like a punch in the stomach, knowing  I'll never hear from her again, never see another beautiful work of art drawn by her, or share behind the scenes close moments in PM, discussing the arts of the arcane, the verboten, like a pair of  bees coming together in the shadows to swap knowledge of the best ways to ensure nectar and pollen turns to honey.

Hell, she WAS a real honey herself, sweet girl, and yes, I'd have eaten her too.

('honey' among bees is a bit of a dialect-ism, meaning products sought for and realized from whatever things are required to create such sought after constructs, without a specific individual product being hard and fast as a definition)

Offline renaeden

• Complicated Case of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #6846 on: December 04, 2018, 07:50:22 PM »
Well something good happened to me, too, then Ren. Finding out I put a smile on your face, put one on mine.

I've still got quite a bit of metadata-stripping from already taken pics to do, but sure, I can do some photo shots if you'd like me to?
For sure. There's not much of you in the threads. Last one was of your eyes looking surprised/shocked behind your mask.

I haven't known of anyone doing metadata stripping from pictures before.
Mildly Cute in a Retarded Way
Tek'ma'tae

Offline Minister Of Silly Walks

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #6847 on: December 04, 2018, 08:34:10 PM »
That's great news Jesse.

But please make sure that you get whatever treatment is needed on it. Even non-cancerous tumours can cause problems.
“When men oppress their fellow men, the oppressor ever finds, in the character of the oppressed, a full justification for his oppression.” Frederick Douglass

Offline Lestat

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #6848 on: December 04, 2018, 09:16:44 PM »
Yeah, especially with glandular squelchy bits. Sometimes they can be nonmalignant and still secrete hormones inappropriately. Others don't, and are otherwise harmless when benign and not large. Apparently adrenal adenomas are pretty common, and often discovered by total chance, when non-malignant and not composed of secretory tissue releasing too much cortisol, or the horrid sounding phaeochromocytomas, which pour massive  amounts of adrenaline into one's system, turning people into strung out nervous (or aggressive when startled if already disposed to it in any degree potentially), heart-racing, trembling fucked up sleepless wrecks with blood pressure you could use to launch torpedoes with.

Goddamn, I'd hate to have a phaeochromocytoma.

And Ren-seriously?!?

You kidding me? damn hun...do you actually realize what many cameras and phones add in terms of exif data, and even GPS coordinates?

For me, that is WAY too intrusive to be permissible. Could literally, actually tie me to the region of meatspace the photos were taken, and if it were something sensitive, then lead people to my doorstep. I'm not having anybody, unofficial or worse, from some pack of porkers, or some gits with a three letter acryonym know where the pictures were taken, what they were taken with, when they were taken, the camera settings used, and getting my door booted in because of it.

It's basic OpSec, to scrub pictures for metadata. Plenty free tools to do so available online for different file formats, and for removing data like that embedded in .jpg, .gif, .pdf, and a host of other formats. It's not something useful to a lot of people to have in there, and IMO only detrimental to privacy
and to my ability to sleep soundly at daybreak when the sun comes up and I go to sofa. Err..well I'd have said 'bed' but...no, it's a sofa. With an eye-shade mask on over a dark clean T-shirt top that I stick my head in the reverse direction down inside it through the neck hole and then double it up, and pull down my sleep mask over the top, leaving my eyes/head wrapped up in nice darkness to sleep at day, with just my nose sticking out and my mouth.

As for metadata, free tools downloadable as well as hosted online that one can just use without DLing anything but the finished file, cleansed and assigned a temporary name until you see fit to rename it as  you want it, both for cleaning such filthy, squealing, nasty hidden mouths before they can shout into the ears of people that ought not to be hearing such information, and indeed to look through the metadata yourself, and even alter it to suit one's whims as per whatever purpose one may have to do such a thing.

I strip EVERYTHING I upload here, or on chem forums, or anywhere else, with the exception of pointing a forum to the likes of a snarky cat picture joke hosted elsewhere online. If I've taken it myself, I've burned the hidden data out of it first. I  have good reason to, as  well as liking my privacy to remain my own, and  for what I share, to be what I knowingly decide I am going to share, without anything hidden and giving out my home address for example.

And as a chemist, well, there are so many chemical reagents, that although not illegal to possess, the filth would LOVE  to know who DOES possess them. 2kg of red phosphorus? got that, just as  one example, well, minus the portions  I've used for any experiments or syntheses, but still plenty of it, AFAIK it isn't actually illegal to own red phosphorus, but it's very popular with the methamphetamine cook (and not chemist) crowd, who use it in the Nagai  reduction of ephedrine or pseudoephedrine to meth in conjunction with iodine in elemental form. I happen to have a  fair  size tub of iodine in the reagent fridge (it's fairly volatile so it gets to live in the chemical fridge so it doesn't go and sublime away, or  diffuse through the plastic of the container  it arrived in when purchased).

Doesn't mean I'm using that red phosphorus and that iodine to cook up loads of cold medicine extracts, but you bet, either one, although ESPECIALLY the phossy, would  get attention I don't want to lead back to my doorstep if someone were to decide to look and if there was GPS satellite tracking information encoded into a picture showing it. Because pork have a major hard-on for  red phosphorus just because of such things.

Not that it's the only way to make meth (not in a million years), or even to reduce pseudoephedrine or ephedrine to meth, but it is one way, using the Nagai reduction, and it's a well known route, known and loved by millions of  safety match book striker pad-hoarding-and-extracting tweakers in the US, probably plenty in the UK, aus, and all over the show.

And besides, it's a general principle, I do not wish my home address, marked down in GPS coordinates, to be tied in to online usernames, much less so my various reagents can be ogled by dumb bastards pointing and screaming 'HERESY! BURN THE WARLOCK!', from some inquisition type chemophobic tool.

And even if I weren't a chemist, why would I wish to allow the inclusion of such data as  could literally, put me in a given place at a given time performing a given action, of ANY kind? it's just not on, IMO. Tagging that sort of thing in to metadata. It makes me sick, the very principle of it is abhorrent to me. As it should be to all who care about their own personal right to decide who they tell what about themselves.

Metadata, all that exif tagging and with many models, especially phone cameras and newer digicams, it is monstrous, GPS, exif crap, oh hell no!

So, every picture or other file, is examined forensically, by me, before somebody less benign and less inclined to guard my privacy jealously, can have a forensics team do so. And scrubbed cleaner than the pope's own arse ring after a constipated rabbit dropping turd.

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #6849 on: December 05, 2018, 07:34:45 AM »

This is great news, pal!!

Keep your motor running!
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #6850 on: December 05, 2018, 08:01:11 AM »
So taking my son on his shopping spree, my daughter wanted to tag along (this means that he will need to go again to shop for her - she has a birthday shortly as well as Christmas things to shop for) seemed OK at first.

BUT the fucking line to check out was a nightmare after we had already been there way too long. Both kids were DONE and DONE with all this shit. We were in line for over twenty five minutes.

The good out of all this is that I got a very heavily thought out compliment from a complete stranger.

The lady in front of us waited and asked me if she could talk to me for a minute. WTF!?! I have offended someone and now I have to be gracious to some bitch I do not even know or care about.  BUT NO!!  She apologized and said how she tries not to interfere (here we go - WTF is this?!?) but just had to tell me that she also raised two autistic children and felt the need compliment me on how I handled them each individually and I said the exact right thing to each one every time they showed how over stimmed they were.

My jaw just continued to drop. I always think of the best thing to say a few minutes later after it is too late. Compliments? Wow! I figured all these people just wanted to be away from us, but she was listening and also told me how she wished she could have handled her kids as well in public (a troubling challenge) as I had.

It was a very strange encounter. I tried to thank her for her kind words, but reminded her that I had to go. She concluded by telling me that hers were in their thirties, living alone and doing fine and mine will be even better off with a parent like me.

I tend to think that my kids are doing OK with learning to deal with public exposure, but this "experienced" lady recognized us right away.
I guess I have a great deal more work to do and maybe getting them out into the horrors of public might be something we should work on.

« Last Edit: December 05, 2018, 08:03:52 AM by DirtDawg »

Offline Lestat

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #6851 on: December 05, 2018, 08:46:07 PM »
Did you tell her you are a spazz and all?

Or introduce her to/press gang her into, I2?

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #6852 on: December 05, 2018, 09:27:22 PM »

No, sorry. I am just enough of a spazz case to REALLY need to get away from that.

Sitting here comfortably with my tea, I can think about it.
 :tard:

Offline renaeden

• Complicated Case of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #6853 on: December 05, 2018, 09:46:55 PM »
Tea? I feel like having some now. Thanks DirtDawg! :)
Mildly Cute in a Retarded Way
Tek'ma'tae

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #6854 on: December 05, 2018, 09:59:32 PM »
 :thumbup: