Educational

Author Topic: Post something good that happened today, Parts Two  (Read 120135 times)

Offline Minister Of Silly Walks

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
Re: Post something good that happened today, Parts Two
« Reply #6825 on: November 26, 2018, 05:25:14 PM »
Bundy is close to water and pretty warm all year 'round.

I have to live in a city because of work. If I had enough to retire now and I could choose somewhere in Australia to live it would be either the South Coast of NSW (somewhere like Batemans Bay or Merimbula) or the north coast of NSW (somewhere near Forster, or Coffs Harbour, or similar). Clean, kinda reminiscent of how I imagine Australia was like when I was a kid.
“When men oppress their fellow men, the oppressor ever finds, in the character of the oppressed, a full justification for his oppression.” Frederick Douglass

Offline Lestat

• Pharmaceutical dustbin of the autie elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Homo stercore veteris, heterodiem
« Reply #6826 on: November 27, 2018, 01:46:39 AM »
I just had my way pointed, quite by chance, while I was just generally reading and soaking up chemistry-oriented information, being a typical spazz and indulging one of my speshul interests, towards what from the title, I'm just about to begin reading it, looks to be a VERY interesting paper indeed.

Specifically, it's about a precious metal type reduction catalyst that is derived from a divalent ruthenium-organic complex.
For performing catalytic reduction of ketones and imines. The really interesting bit, that's nothing new in and of itself, reduction of either ketones or imines, but this catalyst is chiral, and it can be prepared as one or other isomer, rather than a racemic mixture, and in the case of the chirally resolved catalyst, it is capable of enantioselective reduction of chiral ketones and imines to give one or other sought isomer!

Thats fucking golden. Ruthenium ain't cheap, but it's one  of the less expensive platinum group metals, AFAIK something like 1/5th the price of palladium. And such catalysts are reusable, so are always recovered and recycled.

I think this warrants a lot more study...oh yes, does this  ever!

Edit--OOOOOOoohhhh....asymmetric catalytic transfer hydrogenation! oh shit yes..

This I have to try out.

https://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/full/10.1002/tcr.201600084
« Last Edit: November 27, 2018, 01:48:58 AM by Lestat »
Beyond the pale. Way, way beyond the pale.

Requiescat in pacem, Wolfish, beloved of Pyraxis.

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
« Reply #6827 on: November 27, 2018, 09:40:42 AM »
If she goes I'm sure as hell not staying in town. Freedom!!
Where should I move to? :orly:

Central Oregon.   :zoinks:

Horny bastard!

I know you want to, but you can't have ALL the women.
 :autism:
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline renaeden

• Complicated Case of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #6828 on: November 27, 2018, 07:52:46 PM »
Charlotte, you should move to the West. ;)
Mildly Cute in a Retarded Way
Tek'ma'tae

Offline Lestat

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #6829 on: December 03, 2018, 01:40:14 PM »
Sitting back, after a couple of lines of oxycodone (40mg total), an energy drink of some unheard of brand, that was discounted to 25p a can, but tastes exactly like red bull, bought the lot, as they were so cheap, plus the relaxing effects of my antiseizure med, sprawled over the comfy leather couch, watching star trek-enterprise and sucking back a nice chily bottle of peroni (a rather pricy lager, but with, to my tastes, an excellent flavour, and just popping back to grab another bottle from the fridge and either a few bags of various candies, or maybe a tub of honeycomb ice cream, a double raspberry or almond magnum ice cream (although I have to wrap the plastic round that wooden handle they have as the touch is a textural sensory abomination, that crawls right through my teeth and claws behind my eyeballs...ugh)

Or else an ice pop, I've got orange, cola and bubblegum flavour. I think I might just start with a bubblegum one, another cheapo red bull knockoff, and one of the 30-pack of cans of coke I got discount from a local corner shop, who, as I'd bought a lot of food and drink and condiments such as honey, marmalade, nutella and brown sugar with which to top my morning bowl of porridge, over 100 quid worth of nosh, sweets, beer, coke, knockoff energy drinks, ice creams, ice lollies, cakes and cigars, they saw I was walking still using a crutch, and with heavy bags of shopping, the lady at the counter told her other half to give me a ride home for free in his truck with the shopping so I'd not be weighed down and struggle to drag it all back, with the likes of heavy cans of rice pudding, glass jars, beers and loads of coke, etc.

Even volunteered to take me right to my doorstep, and pretty much insisted on grabbing most of my shopping bags and taking them into the house for me, after packing them for me at the counter of the shop, again on their insistance, before she sent her other half with his truck, to stick my stuff in the boot, and then the free ride straight my place.

Really kind of them, and saved me a lot of heavy lifting. Not a really far walk, but the weight of the items could bust the bags, I'd two strong ones of my own with me but the other merchandise had to go in the ones they use, that are thinner, and can break in the time it takes.

As it was, I only had to lift anything from the shop's door to the owner's husband's truck boot, hop in, and then take it from my porch to the kitchen to get the frozen stuff into the freezer and the beer and coke etc. to the fridge.

Not, as said, a long distance walk by any means, even with my leg as it is, although it is recovering well, using only one crutch and only when going out, now, if I expect to require support of weight, but with 6 or 7 bags full of bottles, tins, cans and other bits and pieces, still a considerable trek as it ends up, due to the weight of about 150 quid worth of food, drink, candy, and both a four-pack of peroni and a six pack of budweiser, bottled, not canned. The bud is just average, but cheaper, the peroni is the icing on the cake, since I like it so much compared to other lagers. Nice and frosty from the fridge, just perfect to flop onto the couch in a warm lounge, watching enterprise, with a bit of oxy to pep things up and take the edge off the caffeine (I'm not a big fan of caffeine as stimulants go, I prefer more selective DARI (dopamine reuptake inhibitor) type stimulants, or triple reuptake inhibitors favouring primarily DAT blockade, then SERT inhibition or 5HT releaser effect, and low levels as possible of noradrenergic stimulation, which adds to jitteriness, and I block it with clonidine.

But, only other stimulant to be easily available without making a phonecall and having some coke mailed, would be amphetamine, methamphetamine, or N-ethylamphetamine, depending on which one might choose to be prepared from a single polyfunctional precursor plus various other techniques to reductively aminate it, or directly reduce the nitroalkene precursor to the primary, unfunctionalized amphetamine itself, in all cases bar one for sure, involving a biosynthetic route using Brebibacterium linens, derived from limburger stinky cheese and a bioreactor, that can produce enantiopure D-amphetamines from benzaldehydes at up to 10g/liter, as well as a chirally selective ruthenium based catalyst for reductive aminations, that  can produce, selectively either dextrorotatory (the desirable isomer of amphetamine) or laevorotarory enantiopure amphetamines in reductive amination of phenylacetone, the ketone produced by subjection of that nitropropene precursor, P2NP to an acidic dissolving iron reduction in either glacial acetic acid with added catalytic ferric chloride, or in concentrated refluxing hydrochloric acid, and then either formation of an imine and reduction with borohydride or cyanoborohydride, formed by reacting potassium cyanide with sodium borohydride IIRC, good for imine reductions to amines, This ruthenium catalyst would be tricksy to prepare, a complex molecule, but reusable, and just as well for ruthenium is a precious metal of the platinum group. But depending on the isomer of the chiral ruthenium catalyst used for catalytic hydrogenation reductions, will be very clean, selective, and able to provide enantioselective reductions that would far be superior to most reductions, other than perhaps the enzymatic reductive amination using Brevibacterium linens in a fermentation bioreactor.

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #6830 on: December 03, 2018, 03:41:49 PM »
Got paid CASH
"Eat it up.  Wear it out.  Make it do or do without." 

'People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it.'
George Bernard Shaw

Offline Queen Victoria

• Ruler of Aspie Universe
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #6831 on: December 03, 2018, 04:11:34 PM »
A good monarch is a treasure. A good politician is an oxymoron.

My brain is both uninhibited and uninhabited.

:qv:

Offline Queen Victoria

• Ruler of Aspie Universe
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #6832 on: December 03, 2018, 04:12:29 PM »
shoved some things around in the dining room.  Found a large bag of dark clothes.  Winter here I come.
A good monarch is a treasure. A good politician is an oxymoron.

My brain is both uninhibited and uninhabited.

:qv:

Offline Jesse

• My mirror shows black (Otherwise known as nigger)
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • where mountains throne
« Reply #6833 on: December 03, 2018, 06:41:18 PM »
My thyroid tumor is Non Cancerous
:skywarp:

Offline Gopher Gary

• sockpuppet alert!
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • I'm not wearing pants.
« Reply #6834 on: December 03, 2018, 06:58:43 PM »
:gopher:

Offline Gopher Gary

• sockpuppet alert!
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • I'm not wearing pants.
« Reply #6835 on: December 03, 2018, 07:07:22 PM »
Got paid CASH

I could use some cash.  :zoinks:
:gopher:

Offline Jesse

• My mirror shows black (Otherwise known as nigger)
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • where mountains throne
« Reply #6836 on: December 03, 2018, 07:11:28 PM »
Thank you Gopher Gary
:skywarp:

Offline renaeden

• Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #6837 on: December 03, 2018, 08:51:53 PM »
My thyroid tumor is Non Cancerous
Excellent, Jesse. News I wanted to read. :)
Tek'ma'tae

Offline Lestat

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #6838 on: December 04, 2018, 02:58:29 AM »
Got paid the every other fortnightly second lot of money, for my official govt. subsidy to make sure I keep sure to stay a proud Kanner's autie and do not slack off and fall from grace into the morass of the NT normie herd haha.

Helps pay the rent, helps buy food, helps buy chemicals and glassware I desire and need.

And, last but not least:

A Renster happened. Rensters are a most lovely species, both in mind and in physical beauty.

And our resident  member of the genus is a very foxy indeed example, with a delightful autie death-glare and arch-looking delivery of same over her custom lenses, which I might add, suit the I2 holotype of the species wonderfully. Bright, intelligent and overall, what we here, would call a jolly good egg all round (this idiom doesn't imply similarity to an egg shape, it simply means 'a damn good sort of person'). You might put yourself down as short and fat, but  to me Ren, you do NOT look fat hun. You have a body that in your posted pics, is most pleasing to look upon.

You could so  spike my pint with a handfull of roofies (you might want to ask rough sensitivity to strong and similar benzos like the nitrazepam I'm used to as I have a script for it so I could help advise you how strong a dose to sneakily hide in my pint of bitter) tie me up in a basement and molest me and I'd not go to the filth even if I was raped repeatedly, and even if I was a filthy little grassing snitch, which I am !!!NOT!!!.

Fat? bugger off wi'tha' young lady!

It's not often at all that you talk bollocks Ren, but there, I have actually seen you, talk complete and utter fucking shit in saying that of yourself. You are a good egg, but a GORGEOUS good egg too :) I'm somewhat surprised you don' t need to strap a combat shotgun to your back every time you go out just to fend off undesired advances who cannae' help but see that smile and find out it's attached to our favourite Renster, and think 'phwoar, damn, she could be my SISTER and I'd still fancy her!'

Offline renaeden

• Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #6839 on: December 04, 2018, 05:57:13 AM »
Something good that happened to me today... reading the above post. You certainly know how to cheer a girl up, Lestat. :)

Since you have a new phone with a camera, can we expect a few photos of you?
Tek'ma'tae