Educational

Author Topic: Post something good that happened today, Parts Two  (Read 120131 times)

Offline Tequila

• Elder
  • Postwhore
Re: Post something good that happened today, Parts Two
« Reply #6660 on: June 16, 2018, 05:34:34 AM »
Coffee. There's nothing quite like a cup of coffee in the morning.

Tea drinkers would disagree.

Offline Yuri Bezmenov

• Drunk-assed squadron leader
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Communist propaganda is demoralizing the West.
« Reply #6661 on: June 16, 2018, 07:25:51 AM »

In Soviet Russia, vodka drinks us for breakfast, you crumpet muncher!  :comrade:

Offline Gopher Gary

• sockpuppet alert!
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • I'm not wearing pants.
« Reply #6662 on: June 16, 2018, 07:41:55 AM »

In Soviet Russia, vodka drinks us for breakfast, you crumpet muncher!  :comrade:

I drink tequila because it's always mexico somewhere.  :zoinks:
:gopher:

Offline Tequila

• Elder
  • Postwhore
« Reply #6663 on: June 16, 2018, 07:43:10 AM »

Vodka is their wine.

Offline Queen Victoria

• Ruler of Aspie Universe
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #6664 on: June 16, 2018, 09:07:16 AM »
I pass up drinking anything with tequila or vodka in it.  Vodka has an odor I don't like (Yes, I know it's tasteless/odorless) and tequila feels oily.

You can have my share.  However, you touch my blackberry wine supply and you die.
A good monarch is a treasure. A good politician is an oxymoron.

My brain is both uninhibited and uninhabited.

:qv:

Offline mdagli1

• Constant Poster
« Reply #6665 on: June 16, 2018, 09:25:14 AM »

Set up a NVR with my X3 elite windows 10 mobile. Seriously, iphone people are knobs and the androids are noobs. Only I have a desktop in my hand.

Offline Icequeen

• News Box Slave
  • Insane Postwhore
  • I peopled today.
« Reply #6666 on: June 16, 2018, 01:02:54 PM »
I pass up drinking anything with tequila or vodka in it.  Vodka has an odor I don't like (Yes, I know it's tasteless/odorless) and tequila feels oily.

You can have my share.  However, you touch my blackberry wine supply and you die.

Did someone say blackberry wine?  :zoinks:

Really isn't one hard liquor I like...and I only can choke down tea if it tastes like lemonade or I'm sick. I've tried so many (boy loves tea)...peppermint is about the best...but it all tastes like grass clippings steeped in water to me. I've given up coffee a few times...but it always lures me back. It's not even the taste, more like that warm security blanket feeling that clears the fog.

Offline Gopher Gary

• sockpuppet alert!
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • I'm not wearing pants.
« Reply #6667 on: June 16, 2018, 04:03:54 PM »

Set up a NVR with my X3 elite windows 10 mobile. Seriously, iphone people are knobs and the androids are noobs. Only I have a desktop in my hand.

How many cameras does your system have? What are they recording?  :orly:

Offline mdagli1

• Constant Poster
« Reply #6668 on: June 16, 2018, 04:19:37 PM »
Just the one right now, and it's pointed at the ceiling. Now that I know it's working reliably, just need to install it somewhere useful...
And stop trying to be a smart arse Gary, I've seen you eat your own hairy shit from it.

Offline Gopher Gary

• sockpuppet alert!
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • I'm not wearing pants.
« Reply #6669 on: June 16, 2018, 04:25:34 PM »
Just the one right now, and it's pointed at the ceiling. Now that I know it's working reliably, just need to install it somewhere useful...
And stop trying to be a smart arse Gary, I've seen you eat your own hairy shit from it.

Will you be allowing others remote access to view your camera? I could suggest somewhere useful to point it.  :zoinks:

Offline Queen Victoria

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #6670 on: June 16, 2018, 04:40:32 PM »

Did someone say blackberry wine?  :zoinks:

Really isn't one hard liquor I like...and I only can choke down tea if it tastes like lemonade or I'm sick. I've tried so many (boy loves tea)...peppermint is about the best...but it all tastes like grass clippings steeped in water to me. I've given up coffee a few times...but it always lures me back. It's not even the taste, more like that warm security blanket feeling that clears the fog.

Sometimes I drink plain brewing temperature water.  Never did y\that until last winter's cold spell.

Offline Queen Victoria

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #6671 on: June 16, 2018, 04:43:14 PM »
Stopped by a Rite-Aid Drug Store that is being closed.  Not too much left, but I got $8O worth of stuff for $24.

Offline Lestat

• Pharmaceutical dustbin of the autie elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Homo stercore veteris, heterodiem
« Reply #6672 on: June 16, 2018, 06:03:12 PM »
I had a nice little victory today, I'd run out of my pain meds because the damn doctors don't give me sufficient to last the last day to two days of a week, so for the last day/two days and last night, I'd either withdraw, buy something, or else (again purchased) round up a whole load of the weak as hell OTC version of dihydrocodeine/paracetamol, remove the paracetamol and work a little magic on the DHC to convert it to 6-monoacetyldihydromorphine, a highly potent (and the most euphoric I have ever tried, including dipropionylmorphine) and effective opioid, in a yield of  up to about 95%.

The 6-monopropionyl ester has yet to be tested, although its high up there on the mental to-do list.

As for the victory, I'd have been feeling like road kill by now, because the wee package that I had next-day-ed to me, it went to the wrong house by mistake, the sender got the house number wrong, but fortunately they were out of the house, and the mail man left one of those 'you got mail' cards.
Went to pick it up, showing ID, giving them the tracking number, but despite the monumentally tiny odds of two unrelated individuals having the exact same first and last name, living just across the street and a fraudster thieving a package in the post dept. by knowing the many-digit and letter tracking number, must be many thousands to one.

Old fart refused to hand it over after I explained my predicament, despite having photo ID, thought my 8th was going to end up undeliverable and that about £130 would end up right down the drain, but I went back early in the morning, and another guy was on shift, and he was decent about it and got me my nice big chunk of some rather naughty remedy to said predicament, one big chunk, straight off the key, well almost only one large block, there were a few chunks in there plus a bit of powder too.

Just as my eyes were starting to water, my nose run, and everything aching, the decent postal worker of the two handed me my parcel, and minutes later, I was home, and feeling better, with that damnable joint and bursitis pain no longer howling and screaming at my doing..well..anything, including sitting or lying down on either side, my front or my back.

Just about to have a wee toot now, before lighting a cigar, munching on a bar of turkish delight, and a load of fizzy sour bubblegum chewy candies, not quite sure whether I'll eat the turkish delight first, or have my cigar, although I am leaning strongly towards chowing down that turkish delight, maybe even two bars.

And for afters, I've two big, icing-slathered (and with some sort of tasty red strips on the top of the icing too) red velvet cakes, with guava juice to wash it down, plus a big bag of assorted candies and a load of those really moreish processed crap sliced cheese packs)

Beyond the pale. Way, way beyond the pale.

Requiescat in pacem, Wolfish, beloved of Pyraxis.

Offline renaeden

• Complicated Case of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #6673 on: June 19, 2018, 11:59:08 PM »
I had a big mug of coffee flavoured with caramel this morning. It's things like this that makes winter my favourite season.
Mildly Cute in a Retarded Way
Tek'ma'tae

Offline Lestat

• Pharmaceutical dustbin of the autie elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Homo stercore veteris, heterodiem
« Reply #6674 on: June 20, 2018, 08:23:33 AM »
Just got out of having to wear those really close fitting unbreathable surgical nitrile gloves for my chem project, after finding my looser fitting, elbow length rubber gloves. Not perfect but they don't get so awful horrid and sweaty after being worn for ages. Which the surgical gloves do, its nasty.
Beyond the pale. Way, way beyond the pale.

Requiescat in pacem, Wolfish, beloved of Pyraxis.