Educational

Author Topic: Post something good that happened today, Parts Two  (Read 120136 times)

Offline "couldbecousin"

• Invincible Heisenweeble of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore Beyond Teh Stupid
  • You're goddamn right.
Re: Post something good that happened today, Parts Two
« Reply #5670 on: March 06, 2017, 06:32:52 AM »
  I found this radio edit of this great song. 
   It's the perfect version, just the right length.  :2thumbsup:

"I'm finding a lot of things funny lately, but I don't think they are."
--- Ripley, Alien Resurrection

"We are grateful for the time we have been given."
--- Edward Walker, The Village

People forget.
--- The Who, "Eminence Front"

Offline Lestat

• Pharmaceutical dustbin of the autie elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Homo stercore veteris, heterodiem
« Reply #5671 on: March 09, 2017, 04:17:31 PM »
Playing fallout II, its set me back several (in game) months of play, but I reloaded a special encounter in the desert wilderness, where there is a bridge, and a bridge-keeper, dressed in a robe, kind of grim reaper guy type, you have to answer 3 questions, get the third wrong and he releases a mad mutated two-headed cow that runs up to you, explodes, instant death.

Only I saved the game before talking to the guy but the save was bugged. Still, managed to take a targeted shot, and blast his kneecaps out with a combat auto-shotgun, before blinding him with a shot right in the eyes. He released the cow, but by then managed to make the player character run away in front of where the guy was trying to crawl away, and when the cow approached, start combat again and take it out with a direct shotgun blast straight to the eyes, one hit, dead meat.

And blocking the slowly escaping bridgekeeper's path, just kept there, occasionally more cow-bombs were released but took down each one with a shot in the eyes, or a headshot, preventing the otherwise instant death. One cow originally got me, but managed to survive, barely, with just a few health points. So I went and kept firing into this guy's undamaged leg, blowing out BOTH his kneecaps, and whilst he was on the floor, rammed a souped-up high voltage shock baton into his eyesockets, at first doing massive damage, the second, killing him instantly. In order to steal his clothing. Have a travelling companion formerly wearing old metal plate armor, turns out the robe the bridge keeper wears, or rather, wore, is rather special, being lightweight and equal to advanced combat armor. Making me able to give my much better set of mark II metal armor to the companion, as well as equipping him with an advanced assault rifle, the in game version of the real-world heckler and koch G11, firing a high velocity, high damage caseless round.

Basically outright murder, but oh well, its a lot lighter than combat armor too, which in any case I'd only get much later in the game. A robe that even resists laser and plasma weaponry, or flamethrowers and worse.
Beyond the pale. Way, way beyond the pale.

Requiescat in pacem, Wolfish, beloved of Pyraxis.

Offline Lestat

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #5672 on: March 10, 2017, 02:43:29 PM »
Now that robe thing has taken some 30-40-50lb off my carry weight, since i don't need any of the metal plate armors or even advanced combar armor. A murder was necessary both of the owner, first blasting both his kneecaps out with a combat automatic shotgun and then getting in front of the direction he was trying to crawl away, slamming him to the floor and putting repeated stabs in the eyes with my turbocharged shock-baton whilst any of those mad cow bombs couldn't get to me due to me no longer being on the bridge, going the wrong way, and if they did pose any threat, just taking them out with shots to the eyes with said combat shotgun, which typically killed them instantly. I am glad I saved my game around that encounter, albeit it should have saved  before answering his  questions, but it tried to and didn't for whatever reason, so murder was the only way to get that unique cloak-armor item. Its light and resistant as hell to hollowpoints, to armor-piercing ammunition, flamethrower discharges, even laser, electric and plasma bolts, yet its a fraction of the weight of even advanced combat armor. Which is really handy especially late on in the game when you are carrying a fuckton of ammunition for various weapons, from everything to sniper rifles, heavy machineguns that take high-velocity sniper rifle bullets and fires them in automatic-fire bursts (which needless to say does one fucking hell of a lot of damage, often as not blasting their arms and chest open, blowing off their heads and leaving just a pair of legs, and a waist with a spine poking out of the top. If you just out and out murder the bridge-keeper you are meant to lose a bit of karma, but in this case for some reason it didn't happen, so I was free to shred him like a piece of meat in a blender with a burst from my combat auto-shotgun after first blowing both his arms and kneecaps out :D

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #5673 on: March 10, 2017, 04:36:03 PM »
Met with a friend. :)
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline Lestat

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #5674 on: March 11, 2017, 06:44:17 AM »
Got a lot more fallout II playing 'work' to be done on my game in progress now I reloaded from that long-time earlier save. But at least now I have something better than near enough the best available protection bar hardened powered exoskeleton-type armor or power armor. Which IIRC (not the powered armor because it enhances strength afaik, long time since I've played the game, but certainly the robe 'found' during the special encounter after first making sure the grim reaper guy wearing it could only move a hex or maybe two at a time by blasting his kneecaps out with the full-auto combat shotgun I was carrying, and crippling the mutated cow with explosives strapped to it so it would run and hide, but not die and thus prevent more being sent my way, that way, was a crafty way of being able to close in on reaper-features and blast him in the eyes, blinding him, and then blowing away the other kneecap, flooring him, and executing him in cold blood by means of first getting a high-damage critical hit with a conventional whacking with the sidearm i was carrying at the time, a modified, turbo-charged shock baton, then again a critical hit, this time lethally, rammed through his eyeball straight into his brain. Zap, splat, dead. Yoink, nice, extremely effective armor with resistance to everything, from explosives to conventional, to armor-piercing, even plasma weaponry. Doesn't have the almost complete resistance to laser weaponry that polished-up metallic armor of advanced models of the latter have, but few use laser weapons to begin with, and only late in the game, although I already have a laser pistol, stolen from the leader of a gang, pickpocketed from his private locker should I wish to use it. long range, fairly high damage and with a good critical will slice somebody into two pieces. Got to do some traveling and fighting to re-acquire the flamethrower, squad-support heavy .223 armor-piercing machinegun and 5mm heavy minigun I was carrying, but the heavy machinegun, or alternately, an even heavier .223 cal machinegun/autocannon type weapon can be stolen from the same guy outside the same heavy weapons shop I can pinch the heavy machinegun from. The heavy version though empties the magazine in just three bursts whilst the  one larger still does so in two pulls of the trigger. And its especially good for those occasions where the likes of highwaymen try and jack you up traveling through the wastelands, because it'll shred an entire group of enemies and leave them with just half a torso with part of a spine poking out and a great big hole through what was left of their chests en-masse. The downside is its heavy and uses a lot of ammunition. The weight is easily offset though by the fact I have a pair, so far of companions that I can use to carry surplus kit and arm and armor them also, and am carrying not far off a thousand rounds of .223 armor-piercing rounds. This thing makes a MESS if used on just a single target. Forget a dead body, it splatters them limb from limb and sprays insides, outside. Of course, quite fatal. Even heavily-armored targets take heavy damage from a non-critical shot, and a critical can often as not, still do massive damage, if not an instant kill if you get lucky.

Just had such a random stickup happen. By a bunch of thug types stupid enough to take me on with a couple of shotguns and leather jackets. No imagine needed to picture the result. By  the time ONE of them managed to close (my companion having my previous weapon, a H&K G11 caseless-round assault rifle helping make mincemeat of those stupid enough to try and attack with KNIVES (lol) I just switched to that rather lethal souped-up shock prod and rammed it first in the nadgers and then through the eyesocket whilst the were on the ground struggling to breathe.

Very few enemies seem to get the chance to get more than perhaps one shot/burst off after being drilled by this big fucking great handheld cannon of a machinegun with its heavy caliber armor-piercing ammo. It fires the same rounds intended for use in a high-velocity sniper rifle, only something like bursts of 25 at a time :pwned:

And its rather neat using the same rounds as the conventional sniper rifle (late in game apparently there is another sniper-function weapon, although IIRC capable of full auto, but thats a 2mm railgun-like weapon) Because it means I can carry a long-ranged extremely accurate sniper rifle as a sidearm to pick off and/or cripple enemies at long range before they ever get close, walk up whilst they try to crawl away then just shred them to meatpaste at point blank range with a burst from this autocannon-thing. Although the next robber to carry one, I'll swap it for one of the miniguns or laser cannon-miniguns and as soon as possible swap the sniper rifle for a plasma rifle and have one of the weapons vendor shops in cities upgrade it to a higher yielding, more accurate 'turbo' plasma rifle.
« Last Edit: March 11, 2017, 07:00:38 AM by Lestat »

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #5675 on: March 11, 2017, 07:19:59 AM »
Finally slept more than five hours.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #5676 on: March 15, 2017, 02:43:20 PM »
Wrote a pretty cool conversion script.

- Albert Einstein

Offline Queen Victoria

• Ruler of Aspie Universe
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #5677 on: March 15, 2017, 04:42:48 PM »
Bamboozled The PR.  I usually give her $1 to buy a drink at therapy.  She's been reluctant to go, so I offered her $2 to go.  But I only gave her the $2.  So............

In case you think I'm cruel here is what I spend on her "fun" money each month.

Bowling games $80
Refreshments at bowling $16
Breakfast soda $30
Soda at therapy (until now) $12
Allowance $40.
Whatever else she cons out of me at the store and for fast food.

Her expenses have to come out of her disability check, which is slightly above subsistence according to the government.  So, it's not really a bamboozle, just a budgetary realignment.
« Last Edit: March 15, 2017, 04:48:26 PM by Queen Victoria »
A good monarch is a treasure. A good politician is an oxymoron.

My brain is both uninhibited and uninhabited.

:qv:

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
« Reply #5678 on: March 15, 2017, 05:37:22 PM »

Kind of a clever way to hammer home a point.

Hope it works.
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #5679 on: March 15, 2017, 05:44:38 PM »
Got a lot more fallout II playing 'work' to be done on my game in progress now I reloaded from that long-time earlier save. But at least now I have something better than near enough the best available protection bar hardened powered exoskeleton-type armor or power armor. Which IIRC (not the powered armor because it enhances strength afaik, long time since I've played the game, but certainly the robe 'found' during the special encounter after first making sure the grim reaper guy wearing it could only move a hex or maybe two at a time by blasting his kneecaps out with the full-auto combat shotgun I was carrying, and crippling the mutated cow with explosives strapped to it so it would run and hide, but not die and thus prevent more being sent my way, that way, was a crafty way of being able to close in on reaper-features and blast him in the eyes, blinding him, and then blowing away the other kneecap, flooring him, and executing him in cold blood by means of first getting a high-damage critical hit with a conventional whacking with the sidearm i was carrying at the time, a modified, turbo-charged shock baton, then again a critical hit, this time lethally, rammed through his eyeball straight into his brain. Zap, splat, dead. Yoink, nice, extremely effective armor with resistance to everything, from explosives to conventional, to armor-piercing, even plasma weaponry. Doesn't have the almost complete resistance to laser weaponry that polished-up metallic armor of advanced models of the latter have, but few use laser weapons to begin with, and only late in the game, although I already have a laser pistol, stolen from the leader of a gang, pickpocketed from his private locker should I wish to use it. long range, fairly high damage and with a good critical will slice somebody into two pieces. Got to do some traveling and fighting to re-acquire the flamethrower, squad-support heavy .223 armor-piercing machinegun and 5mm heavy minigun I was carrying, but the heavy machinegun, or alternately, an even heavier .223 cal machinegun/autocannon type weapon can be stolen from the same guy outside the same heavy weapons shop I can pinch the heavy machinegun from. The heavy version though empties the magazine in just three bursts whilst the  one larger still does so in two pulls of the trigger. And its especially good for those occasions where the likes of highwaymen try and jack you up traveling through the wastelands, because it'll shred an entire group of enemies and leave them with just half a torso with part of a spine poking out and a great big hole through what was left of their chests en-masse. The downside is its heavy and uses a lot of ammunition. The weight is easily offset though by the fact I have a pair, so far of companions that I can use to carry surplus kit and arm and armor them also, and am carrying not far off a thousand rounds of .223 armor-piercing rounds. This thing makes a MESS if used on just a single target. Forget a dead body, it splatters them limb from limb and sprays insides, outside. Of course, quite fatal. Even heavily-armored targets take heavy damage from a non-critical shot, and a critical can often as not, still do massive damage, if not an instant kill if you get lucky.

Just had such a random stickup happen. By a bunch of thug types stupid enough to take me on with a couple of shotguns and leather jackets. No imagine needed to picture the result. By  the time ONE of them managed to close (my companion having my previous weapon, a H&K G11 caseless-round assault rifle helping make mincemeat of those stupid enough to try and attack with KNIVES (lol) I just switched to that rather lethal souped-up shock prod and rammed it first in the nadgers and then through the eyesocket whilst the were on the ground struggling to breathe.

Very few enemies seem to get the chance to get more than perhaps one shot/burst off after being drilled by this big fucking great handheld cannon of a machinegun with its heavy caliber armor-piercing ammo. It fires the same rounds intended for use in a high-velocity sniper rifle, only something like bursts of 25 at a time :pwned:

And its rather neat using the same rounds as the conventional sniper rifle (late in game apparently there is another sniper-function weapon, although IIRC capable of full auto, but thats a 2mm railgun-like weapon) Because it means I can carry a long-ranged extremely accurate sniper rifle as a sidearm to pick off and/or cripple enemies at long range before they ever get close, walk up whilst they try to crawl away then just shred them to meatpaste at point blank range with a burst from this autocannon-thing. Although the next robber to carry one, I'll swap it for one of the miniguns or laser cannon-miniguns and as soon as possible swap the sniper rifle for a plasma rifle and have one of the weapons vendor shops in cities upgrade it to a higher yielding, more accurate 'turbo' plasma rifle.

My son is trying to get me into World Of Tanks.  Played it a few times. I Hate driving with a keyboard but after a few games, I found that I was just as good at driving the tanks with the keyboard as my son was, even after him playing for a few weeks.

He is eighteen. I will take any bonding experience I can fathom (where no one bleeds) at this point.
 :viking:
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline Pyraxis

• Werewolf Wrangler of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • aka Daria
« Reply #5680 on: March 15, 2017, 10:20:43 PM »
What does he like about World of Tanks? I haven't played it but I thought it skirted the edge of pay-to-win bullcrap.
You'll never self-actualize the subconscious canopy of stardust with that attitude.

Offline 'andersom'

• Pure Chocolate Bovine PIMP of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • well known as hyke.
« Reply #5681 on: March 16, 2017, 06:19:05 AM »
The peroxide populist did not gain first place in the elections.
I can do upside down chocolate moo things!

Offline MLA

• Elitest Aspie of the Aspie Elite
  • Modulator
  • Dedicated Postwhore
  • The internet isn't a library, it's a stage.
« Reply #5682 on: March 16, 2017, 09:48:36 AM »

Offline Queen Victoria

• Ruler of Aspie Universe
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #5683 on: March 16, 2017, 11:29:18 AM »
Bamboozled The PR.  I usually give her $1 to buy a drink at therapy.  She's been reluctant to go, so I offered her $2 to go.  But I only gave her the $2.  So............

In case you think I'm cruel here is what I spend on her "fun" money each month.

Bowling games $80
Refreshments at bowling $16
Breakfast soda $30
Soda at therapy (until now) $12
Allowance $40.
Whatever else she cons out of me at the store and for fast food.

Her expenses have to come out of her disability check, which is slightly above subsistence according to the government.  So, it's not really a bamboozle, just a budgetary realignment.

Two days in a row!   :thumbup:
A good monarch is a treasure. A good politician is an oxymoron.

My brain is both uninhibited and uninhabited.

:qv:

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #5684 on: March 18, 2017, 02:19:16 PM »
What does he like about World of Tanks? I haven't played it but I thought it skirted the edge of pay-to-win bullcrap.

Well, we play the free version and gain points for succcesses which are redeemed for upgrades to weaponry and better, faster tanks.
He is a beginning player of games, only been playing games for a little over a year.
We have never tried the pay versions.