Educational

Author Topic: Post something good that happened today, Parts Two  (Read 120139 times)

Offline rock hound

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • The Lurker at the Threshold.
Re: Post something good that happened today, Parts Two
« Reply #5190 on: August 20, 2016, 07:33:41 PM »
We shall see, I work for fools and I work helping fools!  :poo:

Fools abound, in every corner of the universe!  We must strive to maintain our serenity!  :meditate:

After my yoga class I felt some clarity about the situation.........that's why this "make or break" week.  Either I make it work or break it off and cut my losses!   
"Some books are to be tasted.  Others to be swallowed.  And some few to be chewed and digested."  --Sir Francis Bacon

"Civilization exists by geologic consent.  Subject to change without notice."  --Will Durant

Offline Lestat

• Pharmaceutical dustbin of the autie elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Homo stercore veteris, heterodiem
« Reply #5191 on: August 26, 2016, 03:35:38 AM »
When aiming the goodly generous (indeed rather extravagantly generous) 5ml rig loaded with a preeeety damned concentrated solution of dipropionylmorphine, the fine needle I used (31ga) slid right in and hit the aimed for vein first time without more than a slight pinprick sensation in terms of pain. And owing to the small needle bore, it means the solution must go in slowly, a bit inconvenient really unless one's hands are steady, but it also means that the contents are delivered slowly and steadily, so with an opioid of considerable strength indeed, that can mean that the rush, once sufficient is administered to cause it in the first instance,  is sustained by what is in essence, a short-lived infusion, in practical terms at least, so its sustained for quite some time.

Lovely, so far in my entire collective experience with any opioids, DPM is, with one other also containing it, the absolute rolls-royce of MOR-agonist opiates.
Wonderful smooth, long lasting, warm and fuzzly, relaxing as hell, fantastic legs, good muscle relaxant properties, makes a given quantity of morphine sulfate spread out a lot longer without spreading thin on the ground, and turns a pretty good opiate into a truly delightful one:)

Lol, I almost nodded off earlier into my bowl of golden grahams haha.
Beyond the pale. Way, way beyond the pale.

Requiescat in pacem, Wolfish, beloved of Pyraxis.

Offline rock hound

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #5192 on: August 26, 2016, 08:37:16 AM »
Went to yoga.
"Some books are to be tasted.  Others to be swallowed.  And some few to be chewed and digested."  --Sir Francis Bacon

"Civilization exists by geologic consent.  Subject to change without notice."  --Will Durant

Offline Queen Victoria

• Ruler of Aspie Universe
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #5193 on: August 26, 2016, 08:39:21 AM »
Two days in a row to the ARC for The PR.  Yesterday she found someone she went to school with.  All is beautiful
A good monarch is a treasure. A good politician is an oxymoron.

My brain is both uninhibited and uninhabited.

:qv:

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #5194 on: August 26, 2016, 11:18:18 AM »
Got to reschedule some work till next week freeing up my weekend
"Eat it up.  Wear it out.  Make it do or do without." 

'People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it.'
George Bernard Shaw

Offline Lestat

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #5195 on: August 26, 2016, 11:59:42 AM »
Firing up the glassware and making with some chem.

Offline Lestat

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #5196 on: August 28, 2016, 08:34:11 AM »
http://www.calculators.org/math/chemistry.php

Just found this site. Being dyscalculic, if I wasn't autie as hell, then I doubt it would have come naturally to me. But such as the luck of the draw is, this is what I got born with for a hobby.  But the math side is a MAJOR headache, literally, it leaves my head pounding after and during sometimes.  Now I just have to input the likes of molar mass, concentration desired in solution and volume and get what I want with a click of a button. NICE. I like it.

The boiling xylene might have something to do with it but the vents are on full whack. Extractor is on. So I don't think so, especially as I've been checking on that every so often and spending a lot of time in the lounge rather than at the workspace. Check every  few to make sure not overdone and burnt.

The math this sorted is the best though, started some chlormethiazole and accidentally fucked up placement of a decimal point and got ten times the concentrations required for the starting compound mass, in terms of quantity of bisulfite needing added. Plus some accidental metal contamination resulting in an oily green crap I don't even want in my stills, for it might bake on and be a total swine to remove. I think I'll scrap that and start again. Not too difficult anyhow, although with a slight modification, namely rather than waiting for the desired crystals of the intermediate vitamin B1 cleavage fragment to precipitate out of water solution at room temp. An  ice/diethylene glycol/calcium chloride bath will be used after its had a bit of time to react, in order to shock-freeze the solution, then slow warming to melting point or careful exposure to the cryo bath will be used in order to hurry things up and get nice fine easily filterable, cleanable crystals ready to be dried from methanol evaporation and then chlorinated with thionyl chloride. Which will be it. Job done. Hydrolyse residual SOCl2, collect the target compound and recrystallize from HCl gas-solution in methanol.or just don't bother even trying to salt it and precipitate the base as an oil by adding water.

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #5197 on: August 28, 2016, 05:21:16 PM »
Had a good day at the flea market
"Eat it up.  Wear it out.  Make it do or do without." 

'People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it.'
George Bernard Shaw

Offline Pyraxis

• Werewolf Wrangler of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • aka Daria
« Reply #5198 on: August 28, 2016, 05:25:42 PM »
Made fried rice for dinner and WolFish loved it.
You'll never self-actualize the subconscious canopy of stardust with that attitude.

Offline Lestat

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #5199 on: August 28, 2016, 05:46:40 PM »
Bought a big slab of fillet steak for less than a fiver. Yum, I KNOW what I am having for breakfast.

Offline rock hound

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #5200 on: August 28, 2016, 07:06:32 PM »
Survived a hellish day at work!

Offline Lestat

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #5201 on: August 28, 2016, 07:15:43 PM »
My 5-(2-hydroxyethan-2-yl)-4-methyl-1,3-thiazole is almost ready. Filtering now, then drying, dissolving the freebase in solvent then reacting with thionyl chloride.

Washing with water to remove residual bisulfite (prepared it via cleavage of vitamin B1 using metabisulfite) and then after drying, chlorination with the SOCl2. Nice, clean, byproducts gaseous so easy to strip out. And finally, strip product from solvent and clean it.

It is then chlormethiazole, the antiquated, but excellent and most hangover-free sedative hypnotic. makes benzos look like candy, don't drink on it (will kill you easily) and it is infinitely more effective than for example, valium or shite z-drugs.

Offline "couldbecousin"

• Invincible Heisenweeble of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore Beyond Teh Stupid
  • You're goddamn right.
« Reply #5202 on: August 28, 2016, 07:16:25 PM »
Survived a hellish day at work!

Celebrate with some fine wine!  :wine:
"I'm finding a lot of things funny lately, but I don't think they are."
--- Ripley, Alien Resurrection

"We are grateful for the time we have been given."
--- Edward Walker, The Village

People forget.
--- The Who, "Eminence Front"

Offline Lestat

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #5203 on: August 28, 2016, 07:24:15 PM »
Celebrating  a nice relaxed days labwork well done, with a mug of ice cold russian standard wodka. Slugged down in one gulp and washed down with a mouthful of coke (not sugar free crap either, renaeden;))

And finding this song, by ASP. Love it!

Offline Lestat

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #5204 on: August 28, 2016, 07:58:23 PM »
I just love the way the mandolin goes so well with the synth and the both the vocals and the vocal rhythm. Unusual to see a mandolin in a metal band, violin sometimes but not mandolin. Going to play it once more and then go stick some steeleye span on, its got me in the mood. That and the hefty belt of wodka I just had. Good shit that russian standard. Expensive, but its SO much smoother than the vile likes of smirnoff. Ew. This  burns yes but its smooth going down the hatch after the initial shockwave of epithelium and mucus membrane being met by the insult of spirituous liquor. I rarely engage in its consumption these days. Indeed seldom indeed are days that I CAN taste but a mouthful of spirit and avoid being KO'ed flat out, because of my taking chlormethiazole as seizure prophylaxis.

It inhibits alcohol dehydrogenase. Quite potently at that. So a tiny quantity (read, a couple of two-finger measures of average proof spirit is enough to make one feel hit pretty hard and pissed as a fart) currently, given the fact my script is limited in quantity and insufficient to totally control seizures. So I take it thrice daily for prophylaxis but this BARELY controls things. BARELY. And insufficently at that. I'd like to change to something  like an ultramicrodosed phenobabarbital for my night time dose because phenobarb has a LOOOOOOOOOONG duration of action, and a steady-state plasma level builds up over days of initial onset and it would help prevent me seizing in my sleep.  Because it wouldn't wear off, and I could easily start back on the pram' to combat the memory-fucking effects of the barbs. The barbiturates of course being long-trapping antagonists at AMPA receptors  with one HELL of a long washout time to return to baseline in electrophysiological studies at least. The inverse of AMPAkines, which I am extremely keen to start on, but first I am trying to get a memantine script (its a NMDA antagonist, but not just a simple ligand of ligand-gated ion channel, its an antagonist of NMDARs but voltage-gated, which means that it only blocks excessive glutamatergic activity, rather than baseline.