Author Topic: Post something good that happened today, Parts Two  (Read 120117 times)

Offline WolFish

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
Re: Post something good that happened today, Parts Two
« Reply #5160 on: August 15, 2016, 05:11:50 PM »
it was a temperature where the air conditioner did not have to be on.
Mark Twain: “Never argue with a [troll], onlookers may not be able to tell the difference.”

#Dancewithgarygopher

Offline "couldbecousin"

• Invincible Heisenweeble of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore Beyond Teh Stupid
  • You're goddamn right.
« Reply #5161 on: August 16, 2016, 06:21:17 AM »
I can look froward to three days off!    :yawn:

I'm beginning my two days off.  Enjoy!  :2thumbsup:
"I'm finding a lot of things funny lately, but I don't think they are."
--- Ripley, Alien Resurrection

"We are grateful for the time we have been given."
--- Edward Walker, The Village

People forget.
--- The Who, "Eminence Front"

Offline rock hound

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • The Lurker at the Threshold.
« Reply #5162 on: August 16, 2016, 10:37:19 AM »
I can look froward to three days off!    :yawn:

I'm beginning my two days off.  Enjoy!  :2thumbsup:

I will!   8)

Got the laundry done, deposited my work check in our account, hung up on a robo call telemarketer!    :P
"Some books are to be tasted.  Others to be swallowed.  And some few to be chewed and digested."  --Sir Francis Bacon

"Civilization exists by geologic consent.  Subject to change without notice."  --Will Durant

Offline Lestat

• Pharmaceutical dustbin of the autie elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Homo stercore veteris, heterodiem
« Reply #5163 on: August 16, 2016, 09:19:33 PM »
Fucking hate phone spammers. Dickheads, really sad, greedy, pathetic dickholes.

The biggest pisstake is when they complain 'buuuuutt...buut I'm JUST doing my job!'

Because they should have thought about the reception they would get, before calling me, and indeed before taking a 'job' like that working for the kind of spam-peddling filth that employ them. If they can't take the heat, then they should take their faces away from the fire before someone jams it in there with a foot on the back of their neck, so to speak.

Because when the telemasturbator is a living entity (I won't sully the terms 'person' or 'human being' by befouling them with such an association) and I get called up, day after day after day, fuckwit after dipshit after pestilent bag of dogshit after cretin. Then, well, lets just say I get very fed up of it. Have even had the bastards call up at near 8am before. And when I get cranky because of such liberties being taken then I'm not inclined to be particularly pleasantly disposed to them. My general response is to tear strips off the bugger calling, and rip them to shreds.

Although occasionally I change tack and play things a little more subtly, and just have them wait, repeatedly failing to take down their phone number accurately and read out the wrong one, play it thick as shit, putting on a slight arab accent and affecting crap english (not of use if the caller sounds like a towelhead of course), especially useful if the caller sounds as though they are coming from a southeast asian country and already has an obvious linguistic disconnect between english and whatever they natively speak, so things get doubly confusing for them, but I let them think they are likely to get a sale. And keep them hanging for as long as possible, to rack up big phone bills for them :D
Beyond the pale. Way, way beyond the pale.

Requiescat in pacem, Wolfish, beloved of Pyraxis.

Offline rock hound

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #5164 on: August 16, 2016, 09:26:39 PM »
Fucking hate phone spammers. Dickheads, really sad, greedy, pathetic dickholes.

The biggest pisstake is when they complain 'buuuuutt...buut I'm JUST doing my job!'

Because they should have thought about the reception they would get, before calling me, and indeed before taking a 'job' like that working for the kind of spam-peddling filth that employ them. If they can't take the heat, then they should take their faces away from the fire before someone jams it in there with a foot on the back of their neck, so to speak.

Because when the telemasturbator is a living entity (I won't sully the terms 'person' or 'human being' by befouling them with such an association) and I get called up, day after day after day, fuckwit after dipshit after pestilent bag of dogshit after cretin. Then, well, lets just say I get very fed up of it. Have even had the bastards call up at near 8am before. And when I get cranky because of such liberties being taken then I'm not inclined to be particularly pleasantly disposed to them. My general response is to tear strips off the bugger calling, and rip them to shreds.

Although occasionally I change tack and play things a little more subtly, and just have them wait, repeatedly failing to take down their phone number accurately and read out the wrong one, play it thick as shit, putting on a slight arab accent and affecting crap english (not of use if the caller sounds like a towelhead of course), especially useful if the caller sounds as though they are coming from a southeast asian country and already has an obvious linguistic disconnect between english and whatever they natively speak, so things get doubly confusing for them, but I let them think they are likely to get a sale. And keep them hanging for as long as possible, to rack up big phone bills for them :D

I like the way you think!    >:D
"Some books are to be tasted.  Others to be swallowed.  And some few to be chewed and digested."  --Sir Francis Bacon

"Civilization exists by geologic consent.  Subject to change without notice."  --Will Durant

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #5165 on: August 17, 2016, 12:25:13 AM »
Coffee happened. :)

I don't understand how people who don't drink coffee get by without killing anyone.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline WolFish

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #5166 on: August 17, 2016, 12:58:10 AM »
We drink lots of tea.

packed up to go home today. everything fit with room to spare, and i won't be violating any canadian sensitivities by bringing things they don't like over the border. the things they dislike most are meat, fruit, plants and drugs.
Mark Twain: “Never argue with a [troll], onlookers may not be able to tell the difference.”

#Dancewithgarygopher

Offline "couldbecousin"

• Elder
  • You're goddamn right.
« Reply #5167 on: August 17, 2016, 05:15:03 AM »
Coffee happened. :)

I don't understand how people who don't drink coffee get by without killing anyone.

Coffee is happening here right now. :coffee:   Don't know how I went my first 31 years without.

People forget.

Offline Lestat

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #5168 on: August 17, 2016, 05:56:06 AM »
A package just arrived in the mail for me:)

LETTERS I can't say as I am too enthusiastic about, because they can as easily be something I don't wish to hear as something I do. More so possibly.

But parcels are good. People don't send bad news or demands in boxes.

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #5169 on: August 17, 2016, 11:25:27 AM »
My favourite dog is visiting. :)
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline rock hound

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #5170 on: August 17, 2016, 12:40:08 PM »
Feeling pretty good.

Offline "couldbecousin"

• Elder
  • You're goddamn right.
« Reply #5171 on: August 17, 2016, 01:20:09 PM »

Whose dog, and what breed?  :doggie:  :)

People forget.

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #5172 on: August 18, 2016, 12:07:40 AM »

My sister-in-law's, a Bichon Havanese. Like this one:

- Albert Einstein

Offline Lestat

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #5173 on: August 18, 2016, 01:07:58 AM »
I'm not a dog person, I'm really not. All that slobber, that simple-headed slavishness even to abusive 'owners' (ugh, I fucking despise pieces of shit who abuse animals, thats one thing that will reliably press my black-rage-button. With a lump hammer. Until said button has been pressed so far down that it pops right out the other side. Its one reason that sadly, I could never work in most research laboratories, other than my own or those of fellow bees), the need to be walked on a lead rather than taking themselves for a walk, the leaving everywhere pissed and beshitten (and don't even get me started about their stopping to bag their turd up and then not bothering taking it home, or even dumping it in a red bin, but hanging the bags from the low-to-medium hanging branches/twigs of bushes, hedges and trees; the inconsiderate furry bastards) And then theres the SOCIAL. Ew. And the noise, with them barking at all hours, especially irritating in the summertime when its been scorching hot at night so I've had the windows left open to let out some heat.

I'm through and through, a cat person. And why can be excellently put in a nutshell by the expression 'dogs have owners, cats have staff':D and cats are cute too; although I've had all manner of other kinds of pets. From various wounded and rescued birds (wounded that is by things or events other than myself, I didn't mean that I did it to capture them, I didn't and wouldn't either, although I'd hope everyone here knows that of me by now) to lizards to leeches, widow spiders, even a baby hedgehog that I found one winter, too young to have survived hibernation, poor tiny thing was emaciated and freezing cold, barely let out a squeak when I scooped the little wee mite up, took off my shirt and made sure the little one was all wrapped up warm whilst I carried the little hedgehog-parcel back to my place and got some food and water ready, and rigged up a nest-box lined with soft and comfortable materials. I forget what I used for bedding and breakfast the first time chow-time came* although IIRC it was dog food once I could go and get some.

*(for the hedgehog, I mean..although it was quite some time ago so I haven't the faintest what *I* ate either. Although  I am pretty sure it wasn't dog food:P
For some reason, I don't find it particularly appealing)

Offline "couldbecousin"

• Elder
  • You're goddamn right.
« Reply #5174 on: August 18, 2016, 05:15:07 AM »

My sister-in-law's, a Bichon Havanese. Like this one:

What a sweet little face, I can see why this is your fave.  :) :heart:

People forget.