Educational

Author Topic: Post something good that happened today, Parts Two  (Read 120111 times)

Offline "couldbecousin"

• Invincible Heisenweeble of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore Beyond Teh Stupid
  • You're goddamn right.
Re: Post something good that happened today, Parts Two
« Reply #4965 on: May 22, 2016, 10:27:25 PM »
Hey, didn't die.  :autism:

Me neither.  And I did a good job at work.  8)
"I'm finding a lot of things funny lately, but I don't think they are."
--- Ripley, Alien Resurrection

"We are grateful for the time we have been given."
--- Edward Walker, The Village

People forget.
--- The Who, "Eminence Front"

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
« Reply #4966 on: May 23, 2016, 01:00:24 PM »

Not today, as is usual with me, but, yesterday, I was at the Indianapolis Motor Speedway for the Final Qualifying Round for TeH Indianapolis 500!!

It was actually very cool. I saw cars go two hundred forty miles per hour down the (tailwind enhanced back stretch. Many of them hit 238 or so but three drivers hit the elusive 240 mark on the straightaway.) Remember twice in history they have hit these speeds and the cars were slowed down to keep the game more safe.

But every time they slow them down with "rules" the engineers just improve the cars and get there again. This happened all week long in practice, but qualifying at Indy is not so simple as going fast; you have to do it twice now to get in the first three rows AND you can still be left out of the field at the end of the day with a really fast car, if you can not average four laps at a competitive average.

:yikes:

I missed the warm ups and practice set up runs during the morning, because of work, but I got into my seat by two PM and things were already going hot!

Every racing fan should be here. They added nearly fifty thousand seats this year and STILL sold out tickets.

Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline Yuri Bezmenov

• Drunk-assed squadron leader
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Communist propaganda is demoralizing the West.
« Reply #4967 on: May 23, 2016, 01:34:16 PM »

Not today, as is usual with me, but, yesterday, I was at the Indianapolis Motor Speedway for the Final Qualifying Round for TeH Indianapolis 500!!

It was actually very cool. I saw cars go two hundred forty miles per hour down the (tailwind enhanced back stretch. Many of them hit 238 or so but three drivers hit the elusive 240 mark on the straightaway.) Remember twice in history they have hit these speeds and the cars were slowed down to keep the game more safe.

But every time they slow them down with "rules" the engineers just improve the cars and get there again. This happened all week long in practice, but qualifying at Indy is not so simple as going fast; you have to do it twice now to get in the first three rows AND you can still be left out of the field at the end of the day with a really fast car, if you can not average four laps at a competitive average.

I missed the warm ups and practice set up runs during the morning, because of work, but I got into my seat by two PM and things were already going hot!

Every racing fan should be here. They added nearly fifty thousand seats this year and STILL sold out tickets.

Are they still racing "spec" cars??

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
« Reply #4968 on: May 23, 2016, 05:08:50 PM »

Are they still racing "spec" cars??

Do you mean like NASCAR? (Which I also follow, lightly).  Giant  set of rules that everyone follows?

If you mean this; http://www.indycar.com/Fan-Info/INDYCAR-101/The-Car-Dallara/IndyCar-Series-Chassis-Specifications   ......  then, yes. Ever since the beginning of "The Indy Car Series"  there have been specs to follow. A lot of people bitched about it way back then and some dropped out of the event, but all in all, it is more competitive than ever, since there can never be a clear winner. It comes down to the teams, execution at every step, etc.

The race has become more than just one guy showing up with a turbine engine (a long time ago, btw) and everyone else mainly just watching. UNfortunately, in the final laps, the turbine car lost a transmission and coasted to a stop, not finishing.

It is still great fun to watch!
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline "couldbecousin"

• Elder
  • You're goddamn right.
« Reply #4969 on: May 24, 2016, 12:22:34 PM »
  I found this video,
   which identified songs I love so I can look them up on Youtube.  8)

People forget.

Offline Arya Quinn

• The Mad Queen
  • Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
  • UwU
« Reply #4970 on: May 24, 2016, 01:45:41 PM »
  I found this video,
   which identified songs I love so I can look them up on Youtube.  8)

That's very helpful, thank you.

Offline "couldbecousin"

• Elder
  • You're goddamn right.
« Reply #4971 on: May 24, 2016, 01:59:30 PM »
  You're welcome!  Here's Part 2!  8)

People forget.

Offline WolFish

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #4972 on: May 24, 2016, 11:53:37 PM »
five plagiarists from my last class enrolled in my next class, argh!

all of them dropped today.
could have something to do with the fact that i made radical changes in the assignments. these are students who went through to week 3 in a five week class, which means they had all the materials. it would have been easy to upload the assignments to a pay per tutoring site and have everything done by the time the new class started. unless of course the instructor is me and changes them every time he teaches the class.

not only does this relieve me of having to police them, it also means that instead of 19 in my class I now have 14. Of those, one has already identified himself as having bought the course. their posts usually start out with: "This chapter was very interesting. I learned [summary of some part of the chapter]. It was very informative.
These posts actually qualify as plagiarism since no one ever cites and references the textbook. But I don't say that, I just mark them unsatisfactory because they violate the instructor policies which say no summaries without original scholarship.

Those who bought the course will drop when they see the week 3 quiz, or they will tank on it and get perhaps 2 out of 5 points. Note that there is no restriction on looking the answers up in the textbook which is free.
Mark Twain: “Never argue with a [troll], onlookers may not be able to tell the difference.”

#Dancewithgarygopher

Offline "couldbecousin"

• Elder
  • You're goddamn right.
« Reply #4973 on: May 29, 2016, 08:06:39 PM »
  I colored my hair today, and I did a good job of it too.  I bought a box of permanent color
  in "brown/black" and followed the instructions, and my hair is now several shades darker brown than
  its natural chestnut color ... now it's a dark ash brown, almost black in some lights.  It's soft too.  I love it.  :)
« Last Edit: May 30, 2016, 05:56:36 AM by couldbecousin »

People forget.

Offline renaeden

• Complicated Case of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #4974 on: May 29, 2016, 09:45:24 PM »
I remember what your hair looks like from photos. What you have done would be quite a change!
Mildly Cute in a Retarded Way
Tek'ma'tae

Offline "couldbecousin"

• Elder
  • You're goddamn right.
« Reply #4975 on: May 29, 2016, 11:08:12 PM »
I remember what your hair looks like from photos. What you have done would be quite a change!

It is, yet it looks like the color my hair should have been all along.  It's a good match.  8)

People forget.

Offline Queen Victoria

• Ruler of Aspie Universe
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #4976 on: May 30, 2016, 08:42:30 AM »

It is, yet it looks like the color my hair should have been all along.  It's a good match.  8)

Portrait, please.
A good monarch is a treasure. A good politician is an oxymoron.

My brain is both uninhibited and uninhabited.

:qv:

Offline 'andersom'

• Pure Chocolate Bovine PIMP of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • well known as hyke.
« Reply #4977 on: May 30, 2016, 10:35:39 AM »

Portrait, please.

Pretty please  :puppy:
I can do upside down chocolate moo things!

Offline Arya Quinn

• The Mad Queen
  • Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
  • UwU
« Reply #4978 on: May 30, 2016, 10:46:41 AM »
Hey, didn't die.

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #4979 on: May 30, 2016, 11:13:17 AM »
Are you sure? Would you know? :tinfoil:
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein