Author Topic: Post something good that happened today, Parts Two  (Read 120130 times)

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
Re: Post something good that happened today, Parts Two
« Reply #4950 on: May 18, 2016, 01:04:47 PM »

I am glad you guys enjoyed my pics.

I have a few more when I get time to re-size them down to postable.  My twenty four megapixel camera produces fairly large images.

"A Night At The Odeon" would feature our  own illlustrious Odeon giving birth to a full grown cow if I began atttempting to post full size images.

:lol1:

That, I would NEVER do. Although, if someposted pics of Odeon having a cow, I would laugh and then offer empathy toward him and plusses to the poster.
 :tard:
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
« Reply #4951 on: May 18, 2016, 01:08:59 PM »
The red is beautiful in the pictures.

The reason I chose that image instead of about one hundred others possibilitiies is that one shows the variation of colors more clearly.
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #4952 on: May 19, 2016, 12:23:57 AM »

I have a few more when I get time to re-size them down to postable.  My twenty four megapixel camera produces fairly large images.

"A Night At The Odeon" would feature our  own illlustrious Odeon giving birth to a full grown cow if I began atttempting to post full size images.

That, I would NEVER do. Although, if someposted pics of Odeon having a cow, I would laugh and then offer empathy toward him and plusses to the poster.

If you do find and post one, I'll LOL and plus you.:laugh:
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline 'andersom'

• Pure Chocolate Bovine PIMP of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • well known as hyke.
« Reply #4953 on: May 19, 2016, 02:31:08 AM »

Odeon is my daddy?
I can do upside down chocolate moo things!

Offline "couldbecousin"

• Invincible Heisenweeble of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore Beyond Teh Stupid
  • You're goddamn right.
« Reply #4954 on: May 19, 2016, 06:33:03 AM »

Odeon is my daddy?

We were hoping to have this discussion when you were older, but ... sit down, dear.  :prude: :apondering:
"I'm finding a lot of things funny lately, but I don't think they are."
--- Ripley, Alien Resurrection

"We are grateful for the time we have been given."
--- Edward Walker, The Village

People forget.
--- The Who, "Eminence Front"

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #4955 on: May 19, 2016, 01:59:30 PM »
:P
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline Lestat

• Pharmaceutical dustbin of the autie elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Homo stercore veteris, heterodiem
« Reply #4956 on: May 19, 2016, 02:21:49 PM »
Pasiphae (of classical greek mythology) managed it, (sort of)

My feel good of the day : lazing about in bed all day playing fallout 2 , and just now found a couple of bowls full of smoke and a dose of morphine that I found under my laptop, not shooting that though  as I haven't a clue where its been and its been in solution and kept toasty by the CPU heat, perfect breeding ground for things that one wouldn't want introduced into a cut.

got two rhubarb pies  for when I get hungry later
Beyond the pale. Way, way beyond the pale.

Requiescat in pacem, Wolfish, beloved of Pyraxis.

Offline WolFish

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #4957 on: May 20, 2016, 08:03:52 AM »
The PR bowled her highest game yet.  A 165.
awesome! i could only hope to bowl so well.

i got a raise. it amounts to taxes, but it still feels good. the other school has given no raises and i have been there just as long.
Mark Twain: “Never argue with a [troll], onlookers may not be able to tell the difference.”

#Dancewithgarygopher

Offline Jack

• Reiterative Utterance of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • You don't know Jack.
« Reply #4958 on: May 20, 2016, 06:10:58 PM »
Congratulations.

Offline Lestat

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #4959 on: May 21, 2016, 07:27:21 AM »
What, just fried onions? I bet shes either single or celibate.....probably both.

Offline Queen Victoria

• Ruler of Aspie Universe
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #4960 on: May 21, 2016, 10:30:01 AM »
What, just fried onions? I bet shes either single or celibate.....probably both.

Actually Little Kelsey (there are 2 Kelseys in bowling) is both single and celibate, but not by choice. 

She's developmentally disabled, is deaf (has a choclear implant now) and her hips are fused so that she can only walk below the knees (hard to explain.  She throws her legs to the outside to walk.)  She lives with her grandmother (Mom died a couple of years ago) who lets her do NOTHING.  Thinks she's not capable of anything.  Her Dad has her on Friday nights until 3 o'clock Saturday.  He recognizes her abilities and gives her more freedom than Gran.  Hence the onion b'fast that she cooked.

It's a touchy situation.  But we all try to make the best of the situation. She's now really interacting with Big Kelsey and Nellie.

Oddly enough, we enjoy Gran and Don (Dad).
A good monarch is a treasure. A good politician is an oxymoron.

My brain is both uninhibited and uninhabited.

:qv:

Offline Lestat

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #4961 on: May 21, 2016, 01:38:34 PM »
Well I take it back. Although the fried onion joke centered on the implication of not by choice.  I'd personally have to wait for several half-lives to decay before, well.. for I cannot even be in the same kitchen when my old man is frying onions.  Reminds me of a particular bit of sulfur chem I once accidentally inflicted upon myself that left a wake of the most eyewatering- toenail-curling followed me round for days. A bit different but between the two they remind me of a third, namely durian fruit and its a sort of menage a trois of mental associations that makes me heave. I can EAT cooked onion if I really have to, as long as I can't sense the texture I try to just crush the juices out and add that.

As for the relative's attitude, thats something that really does make me steaming pissed off. I think those with MR, physical issues, both, or indeed one of each to make a pair, as in some of my past relationships (thinking of the knee and hips mainly, although for the most part its difficult because pain gets in the way rather than a mechanical impediment to movement although I can't straighten the leg if its lifted, that doesn't really get in the way that much for there are not all that many reasons to do it. And my legs do something really odd if I stretch myself out fully, cat-fashion to work out sore muscles/joints, it makes my legs start to shake violently, the entire waist down does, looks like I'm having a tonic-clonic full blown seizure, when it happens almost although theres nothing more dramatically wrong at the time then needing to uncoil and unwind tense muscles.

Pains me to see people who perhaps, are the very least deserving of all people of such shit being heaped on them. Nothing infuriated me more as a really young kid than being patronized. Being deaf must be pretty shit, I bet she was delighted (and confused possibly if deaf by birth) when it was turned on (the implant) I speak ASL sign (rusty atm as i've not used it in a couple of years, learned it from an american who came from the US, met via AFF when it was still up (damn those were the days) but who I had to kick out (literally speaking, crazy bitch went gfor me with a bloody samurai sword. a repro, but still, not something I really wantto go round wearing internally. I prefer my body piercings to take the form of voluntary transactions, and damned if somebody I invite here out of the goodness of my heart, is going to make me feel so unsafe in my own cunting home that I slept with a revolver under my pillow. Fucking psychotic little bitch from hell. EVERYONE I know, both my exes, kassiane, anyone else that ever got on skype with her around that I am aware of, although I am uncertain in CBCs case. Wouldn't blame her if she did though,, because she wasn't just a nutcase, but a damn dangerous nutcase and a snake to boot, got others to do her dirty work through lies and backstabbing as her main MO.

Still, I don't get HOW, someone can just sit down and bite into a whole fried onion/chopped ones asa meal, good god thats beyond the vilest, most jimmy-savile-esque estimations of horrid. My old man told me (think it was him) about someone he knew that would just peel the papery skin off and munch them like we might an apple, raw and...fragrant...as they get. (irony intended) I think I could use that image to make myself yak if I wanted to by thinking about it in detail. Not that it'd put me off someone if I did care about them, just as long as they warn me to vacate the cooking space, or if sharing food prep, if they would just be kind enough to let me run upstairs and grab my mask. (only fair, if I keep anything organic and featuring sulfur, selenium (worse,much worse) or tellurium (I've read some real horror stories, and would sooner avoid anything to do with it, ever, because its truly imfamous for rendering people walking stench-based implements of olfactory chemical warfare, through absorption of even traces, which come back out and are reputedly in some cases so utterly foul books touched by the fingers of people so afflicted have had to be retired. And I believe it too after that terrible sulfur experience (not the element, I like the smell of sulfur itself, but what I did prompted the formation and excretion slowly and for ages, of a truly harrowing stench...especially when its being secreted in your nasal fluid too!) Assuming it wouldn't simply have poisoned me even the selenium version might have had me tying a noose and staring longingly at it for a week or so, and I had to burn the clothing I wore, for some of it couldn't go in the outside bin. All I could keep were my shoes, because those were tough enough to be exposed to things the other clothing would not have survived. Even my leather belt needed to be burnt.  I didn't like the smell of onions to begin with, but like durian, the sulfur species though that stank of a mixture of rotting onions, bad eggs/H2S, hints of SO2 and decayed garlic and christ wept did it carry for a long way. Even isocyanides, at least the least stinky and low volatility examples have been less gut-wrenchingly nasty. Plus I hate veg, so I don't use very much when I do use it to cook. Dried is preferable as the isothiocyanates in them are volatile and decline as such, with age (unlike people, which start off nasty, get better in the middle and then start getting nastier again eventually.
« Last Edit: May 21, 2016, 02:28:48 PM by Lestat »

Offline Queen Victoria

• Ruler of Aspie Universe
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #4962 on: May 21, 2016, 02:00:52 PM »
Well I take it back. Although the fried onion joke centered on the implication of not by choice.  I'd personally have to wait for several half-lives to decay before, well.. for I cannot even be in the same kitchen when my old man is frying onions.  Reminds me of a particular bit of sulfur chem I once accidentally inflicted upon myself that left a wake of the most eyewatering- toenail-curling followed me round for days. A bit different but between the two they remind me of a third, namely durian fruit and its a sort of menage a trois of mental associations that makes me heave. I can EAT cooked onion if I really have to, as long as I can't sense the texture I try to just crush the juices out and add that.

As for the relative's attitude, thats something that really does make me steaming pissed off. I think those with MR, physical issues, both, or indeed one of each to make a pair, as in some of my past relationships (thinking of the knee and hips mainly, although for the most part its difficult because pain gets in the way rather than a mechanical impediment to movement although I can't straighten the leg if its lifted, that doesn't really get in the way that much for there are not all that many reasons to do it. And my legs do something really odd if I stretch myself out fully, cat-fashion to work out sore muscles/joints, it makes my legs start to shake violently, the entire waist down does, looks like I'm having a tonic-clonic full blown seizure, when it happens almost although theres nothing more dramatically wrong at the time then needing to uncoil and unwind tense muscles.

I'm fond of onions.  So it's best there is an ocean between us.  My sister and her ex-husband had a difficult marriage.  He hated garlic and she hated all seafood.  They wouldn't kiss if the other had eaten the offending food that day.  I knew that marriage was doomed.

IIRC you like cinnamon.  I'll send you my cinnamon if you'll send me your alliums.
« Last Edit: May 21, 2016, 02:07:29 PM by Queen Victoria »
A good monarch is a treasure. A good politician is an oxymoron.

My brain is both uninhibited and uninhabited.

:qv:

Offline "couldbecousin"

• Invincible Heisenweeble of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore Beyond Teh Stupid
  • You're goddamn right.
« Reply #4963 on: May 21, 2016, 08:20:29 PM »
  My swollen parotid gland is responding well to home care, especially salt water rinses.  8)
"I'm finding a lot of things funny lately, but I don't think they are."
--- Ripley, Alien Resurrection

"We are grateful for the time we have been given."
--- Edward Walker, The Village

People forget.
--- The Who, "Eminence Front"

Offline Arya Quinn

• The Mad Queen
  • Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
  • UwU