Author Topic: Post something good that happened today, Parts Two  (Read 120119 times)

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
Re: Post something good that happened today, Parts Two
« Reply #4860 on: April 17, 2016, 02:43:57 AM »
Coffee happened.

And soon it will happen again.  :2thumbsup:
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline Icequeen

• News Box Slave
  • Insane Postwhore
  • I peopled today.
« Reply #4861 on: April 17, 2016, 06:04:43 AM »
  After decades of trying to push myself into a conventional monogamous romantic pairing in which
  I would of course have to be the guy's everything, and in which of course I would be devastated if
  either of us ever had feelings for someone else ... I finally recognized that I am free.

I'm not cut out for that degree of responsibility for another person, and living at that pitch of jealousy
  would be toxic for me.  Besides which, I've been celibate forever and I don't know what kind of partner
  I would be, even on my best day.  But I finally accept myself as I am, which means I can finally get
  out of my own way and enjoy my time on the planet, with all the natural benefits of being the way I am.
  Which means I may or may not have a friend-with-benefits at some point, or I may just continue on as a
  celibate dreamer basking in the warmth of attractive men till I die.

But I won't consider myself a failure.  Nie wieder.  :)

You are living the good life weeble. Trust me. :hug:

Start living it to the fullest and celebrate your freedom.  :asthing:

The next time you see that cute old couple holding hands don't go "awww how cute" ....realize the reality of the situation like I have....

One of them obviously has dementia and it's more acceptable to hold hands than it is to have them wear a leash.

Offline "couldbecousin"

• Invincible Heisenweeble of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore Beyond Teh Stupid
  • You're goddamn right.
« Reply #4862 on: April 17, 2016, 06:37:52 AM »
You are living the good life weeble. Trust me. :hug:

Start living it to the fullest and celebrate your freedom.  :asthing:

The next time you see that cute old couple holding hands don't go "awww how cute" ....realize the reality of the situation like I have....

One of them obviously has dementia and it's more acceptable to hold hands than it is to have them wear a leash.

:evilplus:  This made me smile.  And in the dementia ward some of them actually were led around by
          belts that the staff wore and hooked onto them, tethers I guess you'd call them, so ... yeah.  :rofl:
"I'm finding a lot of things funny lately, but I don't think they are."
--- Ripley, Alien Resurrection

"We are grateful for the time we have been given."
--- Edward Walker, The Village

People forget.
--- The Who, "Eminence Front"

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #4863 on: April 21, 2016, 01:54:21 PM »
Won $71 by getting 4 of the 6 numbers in the Ct lottery
"Eat it up.  Wear it out.  Make it do or do without." 

'People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it.'
George Bernard Shaw

Offline MLA

• Elitest Aspie of the Aspie Elite
  • Modulator
  • Dedicated Postwhore
  • The internet isn't a library, it's a stage.
« Reply #4864 on: April 21, 2016, 03:38:27 PM »

I actually wrote an article entitled Lawyers, Guns & Money.  Based off the song of course :)
What did you end up titling the false abuse accusation paper?

??? 

I don't remember that one.

I had the one on why white collar criminals shouldn't be sentenced to prison time, but I won't publish the name of that here as it has a unique name and is available on Google Scholar.

There was the one on why a history of spousal abuse doesn't necessarily make you more likely to abuse your children and therefore shouldn't play as big a role in the "best interests of the child" standard in custody cases.  That was named "How Proper Categorization of Domestic Violence Can Improve Understanding and Ensure More Positive Outcomes".  It wasn't publication quality, just something I whipped out for a quick A.  This might be what you were thinking of.
« Last Edit: April 21, 2016, 03:41:31 PM by Hubert, Esq. »

Offline Lestat

• Pharmaceutical dustbin of the autie elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Homo stercore veteris, heterodiem
« Reply #4865 on: April 21, 2016, 04:01:46 PM »
Lawyers, odeon? does the world hell need more.

The world needs more lawyers like baby daycare centers need more sado-masochistic necropaedophile hatchet killers :P

Nice win parts. Don't play any lotteries myself though, for that matter, I very, very very seldom ever, or indeed HAVE ever gambled. The only two times I can actually remember, are two short sessions playing on a pub 'fruit machine', one time on nothing at all, other than the daily meds I can't stop abruptly without causing some form of withdrawal or rebound of the system targeted. The other was a short time after the administration of a solid IV dose of ethylphenidate (I do MEAN ethyl, not methylphenidate here, it isn't a typo, the ethyl ester of ritalinic acid) because I wished to study how psychostimulants affected my/general capacity to exercise impulse control (result-it did seem to make me more impulsive, and liable to spend some more, to a middling sort of extent, although not so dramatically as to result in a massive increase in total spend, the individual sums of money wagered PER single spin of the  reels however tended to be greater, up until the
predetermined sum was reached.

Didn't really do it to win, or expect to for that matter. It was more, using the fruit machine as a tool to conduct the measurements. Set a limit of £20 each time, 20 for the control measurement to determine a baseline and
the same again, another 20 for the use of the machine whilst under the influence of the stimulant (I respond, it should be said, in the typical manner most people do to  NE/DA releasers/reuptake inhibitors, that is, I don't to the best of my knowledge have AD(h)D, tendencies and a wandering mind certainly, but I exhibit the typical sort of effect and dose-response curve that others without AD(h)D would and do)

Did get a few pounds back, but not much.

Other than that, I have never bought a lottery ticket, played the football pools, if I knew a damn thing about football to begin with, I try to avoid sport as far a possible. Gambled on races, or card games. Did play cards for matches and cigarettes when I got wrongly nicked and remanded, but that was just something nearly everybody did to pass the time, or to bum a few smokes if having none, but something else to wager.

And as a kid, some fairground attractions similar to the gameshow 'tipping point', where small change is input and output, a few 10, 20 pence coins in other low value fruit machines as a kid, the very rare pound coin. Really though gambling has absolutely NO attraction for me whatsoever, never has done. If I make somebody a wager, its because I already KNOW the outcome before hand, and am simply perfectly fine with letting whoever go and lose to me. If someone is willing to play the sucker to me, I won't stop them. (I would, situation depending, if it were someone I really cared about. General day to day people though, if they want to cut their own purse strings, and hand me the contents? thats not robbery, thats voluntarily pissing money or goods down the drain :P)

For example, I remember when I was still in primary school, some adult challenged my saying that I had a good knowledge of botany, and was more or less implying that I was a liar. They were foolish enough to go and start pointing to a load of plants growing nearby, and telling me that, more or less, I was full of it, if I claimed, not being far out of preschool, to be sufficiently knowledgeable on the subject to be able to identify them.

They were dumb enough to put up first a few pounds, and then after, 'bet you £10 you don't really know much', or words to that effect.

I left them with a considerably lighter, emptier wallet, a smug grin on my face and them looking like an arse. Made my school day that did. Serves 'em right for being condescending because of
a factor not within my control and thus no 'fault' of mine, namely, age. I just didn't appreciate the disrespect shown, when I myself had never given a reason to make anybody think, fairly, of me that
I was less competent than I was, and am.

Can't remember their name, or face now, but I definitely do not remember their ever taking me for a fool, or braggart again. Nor, sadly, did they ever present such an opportunity for self-enrichment again :P When you just about come up to adult knee height, or a bit above, then almost fifteen pounds is a LOT of money, when your typical income starts at about 50 pence a week in allowance. Barely enough even then to buy a chocolate bar. So I was quite simply beside myself with delight. I can't remember most of what I actually spent
it on, for the most part, although I do remember buying myself a 'beano' comic, and at least one fresh, ripe mango, which have always been a favourite of mine. Still are.

Dementia is such an awful, awful set of conditions. I've seen what its done to my mom. And while I'm not about to and kill her off, thats only because of the potential for legal implications and lack of knowledge of the family financial situation in respect of how it would change if, and indeed when she dies (I doubt she has all that long, now, shes got a lot worse over the past year or two, keeps choking on her food and drink, now everything liquid has to be thickened with some sort of powdered polymer intended for those with dysphagia)

Might not sound nice, but I wish her dead. If she didn't wake up this morning, or if she dropped dead of a sudden stroke, and never saw it coming, I would not be cut up about it, quite the opposite.
Although that isn't in the least, out of malice, or envy of some possession, or want of money (she hasn't got any money to envy, and couldn't get out of her wheelchair or leave the house to spend it if she had), but because I've had to watch the combination of MS and I think Pick's, some sort of frontal lobe affecting dementia anyway, slowly eat away at what made her who she was.

And I don't want that for her. If it were ME that it was destroying, I would pull the trigger on myself, absofuckinglutely, its not me wishing anything for her, that I would not also apply the very same to myself. She has been turned from, well, a human being into a gutted burnt out shell of a person. Wheelchair bound, incontinent, almost mute, although not quite, she can still indicate she wishes to be wheeled into the kitchen for another fag, although shes got such shit memory, or the vestiges thereof, now, that we can wheel her back into the lounge, back to the TV, and a minute or two later sometimes she often demands another wheeling and another cancer-stick, because she can't remember that she has already just had one moments previous. Aggressive and obnoxious towards
the carers who come for her in the morning. I am actually quite surprised they haven't turned round and refused to deal with her in future, I would, if somebody behaved the way she does to them, assuming they were business, not related. And totally irrational, when things weren't so bad, I did offer what aid I had the ability to render, and she would barely even listen to me speak of what I might have been able to do, let alone accept the offers (such as to buy her some piracetam/aniracetam/or even share my own, very pricy, pramiracetam, which I can barely afford for myself. As well as offering to buy the stuff and synthesize her an AMPAkine, tried to explain in very simplistic terms what they were for, supporting memory and helping guard against neurological damage) IIRC, one of the replies was 'fuck off', otherwise, I was pretty much ignored totally, despite awareness of my being there and what I had offered, at the time.

She barely eats either, I end up eating most of the large majority of her meals, after she leaves them, having taken only a few halfhearted mouthfuls.

But for the being always inside the house, a sudden, massive bolt of lightening and instant fatality, with no time to suffer, would be a good thing to happen, although of course, impossible.

Its good to see that recent research has been making some massive advances in the treatment of at least the  beta-amyloid and Tau-dependent, alzheimer's type. But even if it was/is alzheimer's, chances are that even rushed through the usual clinical trial stages, any actual treatment born of the research and its drugs, will take far too long to be available from the script pad of a GP, and of course I haven't a damn hope of convincing her to try something that comes from my own hand, even if it IS the exact same as would have been provided by a medical establishment source.

By 'history of spousal abuse' do you mean, on the part of those who perpetrate the abuse, or the people who are on the receiving end of it FROM the abuser?
if its the former, then I'm afraid the sympathy well is bone-dry when it comes to them. Some wife/husband beating piece of shit loses custody of their children to the other half of the abusive relationship (the abused, I mean), GOOD. Unless they are worse. But generally, I truly haven't the time of day for such worthless, less-than-human garbage as thinks it alright
to beat on their partners. If someone strikes a partner in self defense who were in the middle of committing their own violent attack in order to prevent being harmed, disarm of a weapon,or to prevent them targeting the kids, then that is different. But those who simply want to hurt their partners can go fuck off and die.

And if you happen to be the sort of verminous little pond life that simply gets off on domestic violence, then de facto, they don't have a problem with doing just that. If they are willing to batter ONE family member, what on earth is to stop them doing it, or make it less likely they will do, to children present? they are similarly vulnerable, more so. And everybody knows bullies target those they believe to be weaker than they are. Just like kids. Just like an oppressed spouse that an abuser manages to cow into submission. That kind of filth thrives on, and rules by fear. Just the kind of turd that gets out of their depth if they have to float in anything deeper than the kiddy paddling pond section of the shallow end of the gene pool.

Less gene pool, more 'toilet bowl U-bend' IMO

They suffer by losing their children, as well as having their spouse turn on them and take them to court/or remove them, Permanently.Boo hoo, thats too fuckin' bad for them. Just don't come crying on MY shoulder, unless you want its attached elbow driven into your face, fucking shitbags.
Beyond the pale. Way, way beyond the pale.

Requiescat in pacem, Wolfish, beloved of Pyraxis.

Offline Jack

• Reiterative Utterance of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • You don't know Jack.

Offline MLA

• Elitest Aspie of the Aspie Elite
  • Modulator
  • Dedicated Postwhore
  • The internet isn't a library, it's a stage.
« Reply #4867 on: April 21, 2016, 04:53:24 PM »
« Last Edit: April 21, 2016, 04:57:38 PM by Hubert, Esq. »

Offline Jack

• Elder
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • You don't know Jack.
« Reply #4868 on: April 21, 2016, 04:56:10 PM »
Indeed. :laugh:

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #4869 on: April 22, 2016, 12:24:44 AM »
Lawyers, odeon? does the world hell need more.

Based on the fact that their unemployment figures are rather low, probably yes.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline Arya Quinn

• The Mad Queen
  • Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
  • UwU
« Reply #4870 on: April 22, 2016, 05:17:43 AM »
Didn't die.

Offline Lestat

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #4871 on: April 22, 2016, 10:00:19 AM »
Grub is about to be 'up', as the saying goes.

Offline Jack

• Elder
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • You don't know Jack.
« Reply #4872 on: April 22, 2016, 05:03:32 PM »
The not-so-new-anymore system is finally feeding to the data warehouse; very excited about the new tables and used them for the first time today. Though their relationships aren't easily recognizable so made me feel like a n00b.

Offline Lestat

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #4873 on: April 22, 2016, 05:38:21 PM »
Custard donuts, raspberries, banana milkshake and morphine sulfate all happened. The last three are about to happen again.

And in the x-com, terror from the deep game I've got going on my laptop, managed to, after fighting a protracted and bloody campaign, managed to take down the fucker without a fatal casualty on my part, but not only that, but a facility crewed by some of the toughest, nastiest little bastards of all the alien races making war against the player, and at that, armed to the teeth, even more heavily than usual, since I'm playing it on a far higher difficulty setting than ever before.  But managed to, once I'd located its controlling nerve center,  which had 3 of the real hardcase critters, which after a displayed message about one panicking and dropping their weapons (although they still have enough melee capacity in claws alone to destroy a battle tank, let alone take out a combat diver in light armor, not ones to get close to, plenty of them if unarmed, can't fight, but these bastards are about 6 feet tall, with three pairs of limbs, the top two sets ending in vicious claws are every scrap
as dangerous totally unarmed, as they are with a firearm and grenades. The only difference is they then have to actually get close enough to the squad members to use them, without having a big rifle or cannon let off in the face :P

Three of the little fuckers where tucked away outside of any line of fire, and the missions to destroy base facilities end once the control center is destroyed, OR all aliens are either incapacitated or dead. Managed to arrange and time things perfectly, by blowing the walls out of their hiding spot and rushing the troops in through the gaps, tazering and firing stun grenades to take the high-ranking, and very important to capture commanders, all three of them, out of the picture, sent another couple of guys in to grab their unconscious bodies to avoid killing them with the end mission turn, the same as the turn I captured those buggers, the last in the facility,  and drag them to 'safety', safety applying in the form of being moved out of the range of the grenade then dumped on top of their computer control system thing and bugger off again. Scoring for both the captures/extermination of the base crew AND the control center rather than one or the other.

They are PISSED now though it seems, launching a lot of terrorist attacks on civilian populations, cruise liners, ports, cities, etc. presumably in reprisal for my raiding them and wiping out a major
center of their activities. Took some fucking doing though, I'd been fighting the same facility and its occupants for about four (real-world time) days and nights.

Offline Lestat

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #4874 on: April 22, 2016, 09:32:23 PM »
Just found some oxy on my bedroom floor, I'd been busy preparing my evening morphine dose, but had ran out of oxy days ago (I get the two morphine scripts for knee/hip pain, while
the oxy is for those occasions when the other two alone aren't enough to bring relief, for days that are especially, out of the ordinary-kind of suck. I'd run out of those, or so i believed.
I did actually KNOW that I dropped some oxy, but had forgotten it even existed.

And just for an easier time of it, I managed to find a vein I'd never even SEEN before, in perfect condition, located in my right forearm, and managed to actually get in there flawlessly, with very little pain at all from the needle tip, and not a drop extravasated. A lot nicer when that happens, compared to having to try more than once, changing points etc, not this time, bullseye!

And oh my! that absolutely took my breath away for a moment. I'm not a chew toy, so I am not MEANT to sqquueak  haha.

I do love it when everything goes all easily and smoothly like that rather than having to use a fingertip to stroke the arm, hand, etc. and feel for a target, trying to hit more than once or twice because I can't tell if I can't see, and can only feel a little part  of the whole. *slouches back down on his duvet  feeling all warm and fuzzy inside :junkie:* Mmmm that was  lovely, and my hips arem't bellowing in pain any more, that was exactly what I needed right then. That and some coke, and even better, the coke I have in the fridge is cherry too, nice and cold. The other thing that hasn't quite yet but needs to happen is a post-shot smoke. Not an electronic one, a real, satisfying, actual, bona fide cancer stick. Which whilst smoking tobacco usually isn't really much to write home  about at all, but after the administration of an  opioid, smoking becomes really pleasurable, but this at least appears to be true of actual tobacco with it's MAOI content and other trace bits and pieces that modify the effects of the nicotine quite significantly, as nicotine on its own, with no other substance used with it, isolated ni
cotine and nothing but, bar the likes of propylene glycol, glycerine flavours and possibly colorings from an e-fag, or measured doses of the liquid itself (carefully mind you, it only takes somewhere between 40 and 60mg of nicotine to kill a full grown adult, and it is just as toxic by skin contact as it can be if ingested), on its own though, it actually isn't particularly
addictive or even all that reinforcing. I assume these factors are the ones dictating that   fact.

Found a carrier bag in my room, was about to throw it out, until I felt a little weight, and objects inside. Turns out there was a wee stash of giant sour fizzy bubblegum bottles in there. Ten pence chews that are sold loose in newsagents quite often, half pink half blue, bubblegum flavoured, and covered in crystals of, I'm guessing something like citric, maleic, or tartaric, etc. acids. Some sour organic acid suitable for human eating anyway. Love those. Anyone who's ever had giant 'cola bottles', cola flavoured ten penny chews a few inches long and about 1 1/2 '' wide, chewy, translucent brownish? these are the same thing, exactly, only with bubblegum instead of cola flavor, two colors and the sprinkling of really quite sour something or other in the way of a coating. One of my favourite sweets. Didn't find a HUGE lot of them, 6-8 or so, still, I'm quite pleased at finding any at all. In the past with a different shopkeep, a real friendly, decent, non-paki guy. Indian dude and his english wife or partner, but not a muhammasturbating towelheaded dune-coon and just
outright asked him up front how much he pays per trade sized tub of those bubblegum bottles, found out, and made him an offer on the lot, new tub, telling him if he  cuts  me a good  deal on price reduction, rather than 10p each, I'd buy the whole tub, then and there. Managed to get them for a few pounds over the market price, for big, dirty great tubs of the bubblegum bottle chews, they are usually meant to be ten pence per single chew. Can't remember how much we settled on now, and sadly he went out of business, couldn't make it profitable because the govt keep stealing shopkeeper's incomes in taxes where tobacco is concerned. Until he made just two pence profit a pack of smokes, the rest, bar 6-7pence is sponged and stolen off them by the govt, because of the way they act like they can simply tax, and tax and tax (I.e rob blind), and ever increase the taxes too, bastard fucking cunts
are never satisfied, once they have increased it, they keep doing so, and get greedier and greedier and greedier.

Targeting Big Tobacco I wouldn't have a problem with, but when its a shopkeeper who depend on tobacco to draw in customers who then buy other items, on his pension, HE
doesn't deserve to be squeezed until not another penny nor another drop of blood exists to squeeze. Makes me really angry the way tobacco is taxed, not because of the price I'd pay if I want baccy, but because of how it targeted so disproportionately the shopkeepers running a hardworking honest business, trying to make ends meet, yet get crushed out of business. Big Tobacco, I really, really cannot find within myself so much as a scrap of sympathy, they can go fuck a pig. But people like you or I, or those owning the shops, the poorest gets
squeezed dry and are made to suffer all the more. The less well off, the more punishment they are forced, with threats equating to kidnap, robbery and physical assault upon their  persons and properties both, if they refuse or cannot cough up, because the bastards have taken everything and theres no more, the well has run dry. Disgusting treatment, just fucked up disgusting.

Lol shit, I can't keep my eyelids from falling and closing my eyes evetsssss