Author Topic: Post something good that happened today, Parts Two  (Read 120097 times)

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
Re: Post something good that happened today, Parts Two
« Reply #4110 on: July 02, 2015, 08:35:35 AM »
My favourite dog came to visit today.  :)

NIce.

My favorite dog (for the length of his life, anyway) lives with me.

OH!!  Did I mention we have a dog?

Yes, I distinctly remember you mentioning it. :)

I would like to have a dog.

I am glad you remember. 
We rescued a dog from the "Humane Society" which unfortunately had been terribly abused by an alpha male human.  I love dogs and I have usually done well with even stray dogs which had been abandoned, which I brought home and loved until the day they died.

This beautiful dog, after four months of my best love giving, still does not fully trust that I will not injure him in some way.

He is a "Standard Chihuahua,"  and is fucking awesome (twenty two pounds - not like two pounds or some other little squeaky toy, manmade breed thing that could never exist in nature) and I love him. He welcomes me at the door when I return home, like any good dog. He will obey all my commands he understands, he respects my eating area and does not even sniff my food, he is perfectly house "pleasant"  and nothing but a pleasure.

We were doing great until yesterday, even if just a little tentative and  "iffy" at times.   BUT!!!!   Yesterday, my wife was injured at work and came home with a cast on her arm. The dog saw this and immediately blamed me and today he is terrified again to have any contact with me.

So, what ever asshole mistreated and abused this beautiful little dog probably mistreated and abused the rest of the family as well.

We (the dog and I) were doing fine, until he saw the cast on my wife's arm this morning. NOW he avoids me again, even after four months of progress, loving him, talking to him, never ever hurting him, etc.

This is going to be a long road, but if I can give this little beautifully loving dog a decent end to his life, knowing that we can never make up for the abuse he has already suffered, I will feel like I have done all that anyone could ever have done for him.

I cry for how difficult it is to show him the love I feel for him.
 :'(

Some might take that one should NEVER take in a "rescue dog"  but I would disagree, even today. This little guy NEEDS some kind of stable home and I intend to provide one for him.

Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline 'andersom'

• Pure Chocolate Bovine PIMP of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • well known as hyke.
« Reply #4111 on: July 03, 2015, 12:32:07 AM »
Poor dog.

How's your wife? Will her injury heal quickly?
I can do upside down chocolate moo things!

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
« Reply #4112 on: July 04, 2015, 11:04:09 AM »
Poor dog.

How's your wife? Will her injury heal quickly?

Turned out to be a massive sprain with no fractured bones. Thank God and alll the angels of mercy and fuck and all!!  Problem is, it is her right hand and she is right hand dominate.
Fucking crazy is the fact that she was forced to come in to work the next day, despite showing all the managers that she could find, a doctor's recommendation that she not use her hand for four days. She had to come in to work and go through hours and hours of "safety training" bullshit. (Punishment?  Maybe.)

Then, still, she had to come in the next day to fill out a fucking mountain of forms (using a pen on paper, ffs) all about how well she had learned all the safety crap that she had gone through the day before.  She objected at length, then used her left hand to write in all the forms and, according to her assessment, most of what she wrote was illegible.  :hahaha:

Anyway, except for having been abused (in my book) by her bosses covering their collective asses, she is fine and healing well.

There is a huge, large, massive, enormous amount of shit, speckled with brilliance and deep understanding of the way the world works I can say about how management's just getting a small amount of leverage over the union this past vote has changed how her UPS job works, which might take weeks to express in its entirety.  However, therefore, and or but, it would best be left for another time and thread.  :LOL:

As far as the dog, we all know how brave dos are. This little guy has impressed me many times with his courage; trying to know me, trying to allow me to be the alpha he needs, trying to find a way to live near a person (leader of the pack, let's say, thinking in the terms a dog understands) with whom he is terrified to be around. He still tries AND I try my best to be as gentle and gracious as possible with him.

Now, after two days, the dog and I are getting back on track. He sees me caring for my wife's injury and seems to allow the possibility that I did not do this to her.
I think that dogs are way more intelligent than "science"  gives them credit for. (I know I am personifying him a bit, but anyone who does not get this should try living with one. Then you will understand) We know they love with no bounds. I only hope that he feels my unbound love for him.

BTW, this little dog was there in "humaine"  care for over seven months before we got him. He was not the dog we had met, chosen and fallen for over about three weeks time (that one was a small beagle mix). But, on the day we went to pick up the other dog, the "foster family" who had been caring for that dog had decided they were keeping him, so we had to begin choosing again.

We saw this guy and he was perfect and, even though he seemed scared of me, he took up with my wife and daughter instantly. (I nicknamed him "The Lady's Man") So, we chose this "full sized" chihuahua and never looked back. Admittedly, I often feel that I might never have a normal relationship with him, but we are both working on it.

« Last Edit: July 04, 2015, 11:28:10 AM by DirtDawg »
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline sg1008

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • This chicken is Insured.
« Reply #4113 on: July 04, 2015, 02:05:28 PM »
Started the day with a nice thought :)
Can't you guys even just imagine it?

Forget practicality, or your experience....can you just....imagine?

It's there. It always was.

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #4114 on: July 05, 2015, 01:40:08 AM »
Coffee. :M
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #4115 on: July 05, 2015, 02:30:27 PM »
Found a nice handle for a hewing axe I am restoring
"Eat it up.  Wear it out.  Make it do or do without." 

'People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it.'
George Bernard Shaw

Offline Arya Quinn

• The Mad Queen
  • Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
  • UwU
« Reply #4116 on: July 05, 2015, 05:05:55 PM »
A character I like in a show I'm watching got into a dangerous situation and actually lived through it.

Also a friend who was looking for more players for a custom D and D game he made found one player and two potential players.

Offline sg1008

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #4117 on: July 05, 2015, 08:39:33 PM »
Decided to get icecream at this expensive ice cream shop. Didn't have enough for a sundae, but counted my cash and had enough to get myself a scoop of Mocha chocolate chip....got up to the counter and they said "you're taken care of"...I said "really!?" and they said "yup, you're good". I was sooo happy, and gave them a $2 tip.

:)

Offline Jack

• Reiterative Utterance of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • You don't know Jack.
« Reply #4118 on: July 05, 2015, 11:08:14 PM »
Decided to get icecream at this expensive ice cream shop. Didn't have enough for a sundae, but counted my cash and had enough to get myself a scoop of Mocha chocolate chip....got up to the counter and they said "you're taken care of"...I said "really!?" and they said "yup, you're good". I was sooo happy, and gave them a $2 tip.

Did you ask who covered you?

Offline sg1008

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #4119 on: July 06, 2015, 11:36:34 AM »

Did you ask who covered you?

At the time I assumed it was the staff...only later did I wonder if another customer covered me. I would have thanked them if I knew...  :-[

Offline 'andersom'

• Pure Chocolate Bovine PIMP of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • well known as hyke.
« Reply #4120 on: July 06, 2015, 12:26:27 PM »
Buying shoes with the ladies was a piece of cake.
Very nice.
Even managed to get two pairs for the one who always has real problems finding good fitting shoes, and we got both pairs at maximum summer-sale discount too. (Last two pairs in her size, so no way it would have gotten any better).
Other kid found the shoes she had been dreaming about for over a year, not at a discount, but they are good shoes and will last her a long time. So, we all are content.
I can do upside down chocolate moo things!

Offline Bastet

• Psychotic Mentally Deficient Deranged Bitch
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • MeOW!
« Reply #4121 on: July 06, 2015, 05:55:17 PM »
Replaced my busted shower head with a new fancy one.
:kitten: OBSESSIVE AILUROPHILE :kitten:

It is far better for people to hate you for doing the right thing than for people to love you for doing the wrong thing. Never ever forget that.

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #4122 on: July 07, 2015, 12:40:37 PM »
I had just over $100 in materials left over after I finished an addition I was working on that I can return for credit
"Eat it up.  Wear it out.  Make it do or do without." 

'People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it.'
George Bernard Shaw

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #4123 on: July 07, 2015, 02:39:35 PM »
Drove along Loch Ness.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline MLA

• Elitest Aspie of the Aspie Elite
  • Modulator
  • Dedicated Postwhore
  • The internet isn't a library, it's a stage.
« Reply #4124 on: July 07, 2015, 03:49:59 PM »
Drove along Loch Ness.

See anything in the water?