Author Topic: Post something good that happened today, Parts Two  (Read 120125 times)

Offline rock hound

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • The Lurker at the Threshold.
Re: Post something good that happened today, Parts Two
« Reply #4065 on: June 24, 2015, 10:07:54 AM »
 :thumbup:
The cinema rang Kayleigh early this morning and said they had my phone. I went and picked it up shortly afterwards. Honestly, I thought that I would never see it again.
"Some books are to be tasted.  Others to be swallowed.  And some few to be chewed and digested."  --Sir Francis Bacon

"Civilization exists by geologic consent.  Subject to change without notice."  --Will Durant

Offline MLA

• Elitest Aspie of the Aspie Elite
  • Modulator
  • Dedicated Postwhore
  • The internet isn't a library, it's a stage.
« Reply #4066 on: June 24, 2015, 11:07:21 AM »
The award dinner was a lot of fun.  Two hours of cocktails and socializing with good people followed by a mediocre (at $65 a plate anyway) meal, followed by more drinking, being presented on stage, and then a group of us went to a local bar afterwards and drank some more.

I got to take home a professionally framed copy of the article and a really heavy steel trophy/award/thingy.  I get a pdf of the article on Monday for anyone who wants to see it and haven't already on Facebook :)

It was a good time and a nice line item on my resume.  In all It seems to have been a success.   :hadron:

I don't care about the article, post a picture of your heavy steel trophy/award/thingy.  :o

Are you going to post your thingy or not?  >:(

Offline El

• Unofficial Weird News Reporter of the Aspie Elite
  • News Box Slave
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #4067 on: June 24, 2015, 06:51:06 PM »
My boyfriend got a full-time in-field job after 2 years in retail and one year unemployed before that.

We are super fucking happy.
it is well known that PMS Elle is evil.
I think you'd fit in a 12" or at least a 16" firework mortar
You win this thread because that's most unsettling to even think about.

Offline Pyraxis

• Werewolf Wrangler of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • aka Daria
« Reply #4068 on: June 24, 2015, 08:06:21 PM »
Congrats to him!
You'll never self-actualize the subconscious canopy of stardust with that attitude.

Offline Gopher Gary

• sockpuppet alert!
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • I'm not wearing pants.
« Reply #4069 on: June 25, 2015, 02:39:53 AM »
The award dinner was a lot of fun.  Two hours of cocktails and socializing with good people followed by a mediocre (at $65 a plate anyway) meal, followed by more drinking, being presented on stage, and then a group of us went to a local bar afterwards and drank some more.

I got to take home a professionally framed copy of the article and a really heavy steel trophy/award/thingy.  I get a pdf of the article on Monday for anyone who wants to see it and haven't already on Facebook :)

It was a good time and a nice line item on my resume.  In all It seems to have been a success.   :hadron:

I don't care about the article, post a picture of your heavy steel trophy/award/thingy.  :o

Are you going to post your thingy or not?  >:(

:thumbup:    :plus:
:gopher:

Offline rock hound

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #4070 on: June 25, 2015, 06:15:57 AM »
My wife won a hundred dollars on a state lottery scratch ticket!   :2thumbsup:
"Some books are to be tasted.  Others to be swallowed.  And some few to be chewed and digested."  --Sir Francis Bacon

"Civilization exists by geologic consent.  Subject to change without notice."  --Will Durant

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
« Reply #4071 on: June 25, 2015, 07:11:55 AM »

Fuckin' rocks, dude!!

Most I have ever won is ten US$. (Can not even imagine how many hundreds I played to get lucky --- once.)

I rarely do such, being so universally unable to "access" luck and shit, but my wife seems to do better than I can at the "Ghetto lotto."

She actually hit the "Lucky Sevens"  one time (couple of years back)  and brought home a car full of groceries when we really needed it (I was not working or gambling, mostly thought I was dying, but I am back) along with about three hundred bucks to use for what ever!!

OH!  "Lucky Sevens"  is a local game where you play craps and when you win, you take home seven hundred bucks
(I am talking about $US, not sure who I am typing/talking to, but if it was Euros it might be considerably less [kind of funny how so much less/fewer of our worth less/ lower valued  USA$$ can buy so much more valuable shit, right?  One of those true economic quandaries, right??, lol] and in OZ$, sorry it has lost so damn much over the years -when I was a kid the Aussie buck was worth more than two of our continental US$bucks-,   we can talk about that if you need, but I would prefer not)

Anyway, I have NEVER come out ahead!!

Only my (treasured)  wife has won at local lotto.

Your wife may have superpowers, dude!

Sounds like we both have keepers!  I actually can lay claim to a large number of "throwbacks"  in my history. That is one damn good way to know how to recognize a "keeper" when you see one, right?.

edit: sorry, it is not my spelling, as sad and questionable as it might be, my typing seems to be more of an issue today.

:lol:
« Last Edit: June 25, 2015, 07:18:07 AM by DirtDawg »
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline rock hound

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #4072 on: June 25, 2015, 09:35:05 AM »

Fuckin' rocks, dude!!

Most I have ever won is ten US$. (Can not even imagine how many hundreds I played to get lucky --- once.)

I rarely do such, being so universally unable to "access" luck and shit, but my wife seems to do better than I can at the "Ghetto lotto."

She actually hit the "Lucky Sevens"  one time (couple of years back)  and brought home a car full of groceries when we really needed it (I was not working or gambling, mostly thought I was dying, but I am back) along with about three hundred bucks to use for what ever!!

OH!  "Lucky Sevens"  is a local game where you play craps and when you win, you take home seven hundred bucks
(I am talking about $US, not sure who I am typing/talking to, but if it was Euros it might be considerably less [kind of funny how so much less/fewer of our worth less/ lower valued  USA$$ can buy so much more valuable shit, right?  One of those true economic quandaries, right??, lol] and in OZ$, sorry it has lost so damn much over the years -when I was a kid the Aussie buck was worth more than two of our continental US$bucks-,   we can talk about that if you need, but I would prefer not)

Anyway, I have NEVER come out ahead!!

Only my (treasured)  wife has won at local lotto.

Your wife may have superpowers, dude!

Sounds like we both have keepers!  I actually can lay claim to a large number of "throwbacks"  in my history. That is one damn good way to know how to recognize a "keeper" when you see one, right?.

edit: sorry, it is not my spelling, as sad and questionable as it might be, my typing seems to be more of an issue today.

:lol:

Playing the $1 scratch tickets is one of our little indulgences.  So it was pretty cool to win that amount, most of the time it's $1 winners with the occasional $2, $5, $10 and a $20.  Yep, my wife is a keeper!  So it was good that she started off the day with a big smile.   :green:

And yes, we never come out ahead, but, things seem to balance out in the end.  I quit playing the mega bucks tickets and did win $40 once, but, the amount I put in was more than what I won.  But, that's how gambling works!  So we keep it at a little indulgence.  I see many people come into the store and buy vast quantities of tickets or go in with a wad a cash and wad of numbers to play for the big games.  If the mood hits me, I'll play one game and see what happens.   8)

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #4073 on: June 25, 2015, 01:30:25 PM »
^IKEA is the work of the devil.

Does God build from scratch?

He buys from better stores.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline Queen Victoria

• Ruler of Aspie Universe
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #4074 on: June 25, 2015, 06:29:03 PM »
Caramel drizzled apple pie.  What is the best is that I couldn't taste cinnamon.  But the pie was pretty awesome.
A good monarch is a treasure. A good politician is an oxymoron.

My brain is both uninhibited and uninhabited.

:qv:

Offline Jack

• Reiterative Utterance of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • You don't know Jack.
« Reply #4075 on: June 25, 2015, 06:57:09 PM »
^IKEA is the work of the devil.

Does God build from scratch?

He buys from better stores.
Maybe he recycles.

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #4076 on: June 26, 2015, 04:47:27 PM »
Flew back home. :)
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline Gopher Gary

• sockpuppet alert!
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • I'm not wearing pants.
« Reply #4077 on: June 26, 2015, 04:51:28 PM »

Your posting schedule has been weird and it's been freaking me out. :GA:

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #4078 on: June 26, 2015, 05:00:48 PM »

Sorry. :-[

I tend not to post before going to work while in London. I can't get decent coffee in the hotel and so prefer to sleep longer and get the coffee from the shop outside the office instead.

So don't blame me, blame the coffee that they make available at the hotel. :zoinks:

- Albert Einstein

Offline Gopher Gary

• sockpuppet alert!
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • I'm not wearing pants.
« Reply #4079 on: June 26, 2015, 05:12:04 PM »

Sorry. :-[

I tend not to post before going to work while in London. I can't get decent coffee in the hotel and so prefer to sleep longer and get the coffee from the shop outside the office instead.

So don't blame me, blame the coffee that they make available at the hotel. :zoinks:

I blame lots of stuff on coffee, so that works for me.  :zoinks: