Author Topic: Post something good that happened today, Parts Two  (Read 120110 times)

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
Re: Post something good that happened today, Parts Two
« Reply #4020 on: June 07, 2015, 02:46:34 AM »
Coffee happened. It's been a while since I could last have a cup of coffee before leaving the house.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline Queen Victoria

• Ruler of Aspie Universe
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #4021 on: June 07, 2015, 10:48:32 AM »
Shashigai showed me how to use a sewing machine and I made something and did not stitch my finger.

I'd laugh, but my mom did that once.  And she was an experienced seamstress.
A good monarch is a treasure. A good politician is an oxymoron.

My brain is both uninhibited and uninhabited.

:qv:

Offline 'andersom'

• Pure Chocolate Bovine PIMP of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • well known as hyke.
« Reply #4022 on: June 07, 2015, 03:30:08 PM »
Shashigai showed me how to use a sewing machine and I made something and did not stitch my finger.

My mum is an experienced seamstress, she did it a few times. Long, fast, boring stretches to sew, that is were the danger is.
Always was afraid one day I would do that to me. When it happened, it was no worse than any splinter. Pretty amazing, to have a needle going up and down a finger, leaving a hole on both sides, one of them through the nail.
The thread was a bit weird.  :autism:
I can do upside down chocolate moo things!

Offline Pyraxis

• Werewolf Wrangler of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • aka Daria
« Reply #4023 on: June 07, 2015, 05:31:07 PM »
I sliced my fingernail with a jigsaw once. I suppose it would be less damage than that.
You'll never self-actualize the subconscious canopy of stardust with that attitude.

Offline 'andersom'

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • well known as hyke.
« Reply #4024 on: June 07, 2015, 11:45:58 PM »
I sliced my fingernail with a jigsaw once. I suppose it would be less damage than that.

Ouch!!!

No neat edgings of the wound either, with a jigsaw. And sawdust sucking up the blood right in the wound. We need CBC around to marvel about this.

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #4025 on: June 09, 2015, 12:23:28 AM »
Try crushing a light bulb with your fingers. I still have the scar to remind me of that mishap.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline 'andersom'

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • well known as hyke.
« Reply #4026 on: June 09, 2015, 01:36:36 AM »
Try crushing a light bulb with your fingers. I still have the scar to remind me of that mishap.

My godson crushed a Christmas ball, at the age of nearly two, ending up covered in shimmering glass and blood.
For months he would freeze in his movements, look at his hands with glazy eyes, muttering: "ball....broken". Then he would lift his head again and go on with what he was doing.

I have a a scar left from stepping into buried broken beer-bottles. The wound healed weird, so I had to get it checked every other week for months. That in a time when you could not make appointments, just had to go sit in the waiting-room, and hope it was your turn within two hours. Ahh, the good old times.

Offline rock hound

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • The Lurker at the Threshold.
« Reply #4027 on: June 09, 2015, 08:43:42 AM »
Received my Loop Magnifier in the mail today.  It is everything I had hoped it would be.  Looked at a few of my rock and crystal specimens with it and saw a whole lot more to them than with just my eyes or a regular magnifying glass.    :dwave: :woohoo: :celebrate:
"Some books are to be tasted.  Others to be swallowed.  And some few to be chewed and digested."  --Sir Francis Bacon

"Civilization exists by geologic consent.  Subject to change without notice."  --Will Durant

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #4028 on: June 09, 2015, 01:00:25 PM »
I got a call back on a house I bid work on about scheduling I looked at it  awhile ago and figured I didn't get it
"Eat it up.  Wear it out.  Make it do or do without." 

'People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it.'
George Bernard Shaw

Offline Arya Quinn

• The Mad Queen
  • Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
  • UwU
« Reply #4029 on: June 09, 2015, 04:19:11 PM »
THE PUNISHER GOT CONFIRMED FOR SERIES 2 OF DAREDEVIL THE PUNISHER GOT CONFIRMED FOR SERIES 2 OF DAREDEVIL THE PUNISHER GOT CONFIRMED FOR SERIES 2 OF DAREDEVIL THE PUNISHER GOT CONFIRMED FOR SERIES 2 OF DAREDEVIL THE PUNISHER GOT CONFIRMED FOR SERIES 2 OF DAREDEVIL THE PUNISHER GOT CONFIRMED FOR SERIES 2 OF DAREDEVIL THE PUNISHER GOT CONFIRMED FOR SERIES 2 OF DAREDEVIL THE PUNISHER GOT CONFIRMED FOR SERIES 2 OF DAREDEVIL THE PUNISHER GOT CONFIRMED FOR SERIES 2 OF DAREDEVIL THE PUNISHER GOT CONFIRMED FOR SERIES 2 OF DAREDEVIL THE PUNISHER GOT CONFIRMED FOR SERIES 2 OF DAREDEVIL THE PUNISHER GOT CONFIRMED FOR SERIES 2 OF DAREDEVIL THE PUNISHER GOT CONFIRMED FOR SERIES 2 OF DAREDEVIL THE PUNISHER GOT CONFIRMED FOR SERIES 2 OF DAREDEVIL THE PUNISHER GOT CONFIRMED FOR SERIES 2 OF DAREDEVIL THE PUNISHER GOT CONFIRMED FOR SERIES 2 OF DAREDEVIL THE PUNISHER GOT CONFIRMED FOR SERIES 2 OF DAREDEVIL THE PUNISHER GOT CONFIRMED FOR SERIES 2 OF DAREDEVIL THE PUNISHER GOT CONFIRMED FOR SERIES 2 OF DAREDEVIL THE PUNISHER GOT CONFIRMED FOR SERIES 2 OF DAREDEVIL THE PUNISHER GOT CONFIRMED FOR SERIES 2 OF DAREDEVIL THE PUNISHER GOT CONFIRMED FOR SERIES 2 OF DAREDEVIL THE PUNISHER GOT CONFIRMED FOR SERIES 2 OF DAREDEVIL THE PUNISHER GOT CONFIRMED FOR SERIES 2 OF DAREDEVIL THE PUNISHER GOT CONFIRMED FOR SERIES 2 OF DAREDEVIL THE PUNISHER GOT CONFIRMED FOR SERIES 2 OF DAREDEVIL THE PUNISHER GOT CONFIRMED FOR SERIES 2 OF DAREDEVIL THE PUNISHER GOT CONFIRMED FOR SERIES 2 OF DAREDEVIL THE PUNISHER GOT CONFIRMED FOR SERIES 2 OF DAREDEVIL THE PUNISHER GOT CONFIRMED FOR SERIES 2 OF DAREDEVIL THE PUNISHER GOT CONFIRMED FOR SERIES 2 OF DAREDEVIL THE PUNISHER GOT CONFIRMED FOR SERIES 2 OF DAREDEVIL THE PUNISHER GOT CONFIRMED FOR SERIES 2 OF DAREDEVIL THE PUNISHER GOT CONFIRMED FOR SERIES 2 OF DAREDEVIL THE PUNISHER GOT CONFIRMED FOR SERIES 2 OF DAREDEVIL THE PUNISHER GOT CONFIRMED FOR SERIES 2 OF DAREDEVIL THE PUNISHER GOT CONFIRMED FOR SERIES 2 OF DAREDEVIL THE PUNISHER GOT CONFIRMED FOR SERIES 2 OF DAREDEVIL THE PUNISHER GOT CONFIRMED FOR SERIES 2 OF DAREDEVIL THE PUNISHER GOT CONFIRMED FOR SERIES 2 OF DAREDEVIL THE PUNISHER GOT CONFIRMED FOR SERIES 2 OF DAREDEVIL THE PUNISHER GOT CONFIRMED FOR SERIES 2 OF DAREDEVIL THE PUNISHER GOT CONFIRMED FOR SERIES 2 OF DAREDEVIL THE PUNISHER GOT CONFIRMED FOR SERIES 2 OF DAREDEVIL THE PUNISHER GOT CONFIRMED FOR SERIES 2 OF DAREDEVIL THE PUNISHER GOT CONFIRMED FOR SERIES 2 OF DAREDEVIL THE PUNISHER GOT CONFIRMED FOR SERIES 2 OF DAREDEVIL THE PUNISHER GOT CONFIRMED FOR SERIES 2 OF DAREDEVIL THE PUNISHER GOT CONFIRMED FOR SERIES 2 OF DAREDEVIL

Offline WolFish

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #4030 on: June 11, 2015, 08:34:53 AM »

My mum is an experienced seamstress, she did it a few times. Long, fast, boring stretches to sew, that is were the danger is.
Always was afraid one day I would do that to me. When it happened, it was no worse than any splinter. Pretty amazing, to have a needle going up and down a finger, leaving a hole on both sides, one of them through the nail.
The thread was a bit weird.  :autism:
My mom said everyone had to learn how to sew, even me. I saw how useful it was (it costs mucho bux to have a hem done or a seam fixed so I've always owned a sewing machine). My mother worked as a seamstress when she was 12 to help family income.
To me it's just like working with a jigsaw which I did in shop class. I have never put a needle through but I have put a post the size of a box nail through my finger. I was so fascinated that I just stared at it for a little while. I was playing with it and a rubber band during fifth grade class.
It was more painful when I stepped on a 1.25 inch roofing nail in my attic. It went through the ball of my foot all the way to the head. It didn't bleed very much but I was worried because it was rusty and had roof gunk on it. It didn't get infected, but I did limp for a while after that.
Mark Twain: “Never argue with a [troll], onlookers may not be able to tell the difference.”

#Dancewithgarygopher

Offline MLA

• Elitest Aspie of the Aspie Elite
  • Modulator
  • Dedicated Postwhore
  • The internet isn't a library, it's a stage.
« Reply #4031 on: June 11, 2015, 08:39:18 AM »
Really excited that there were 13 new posts overnight!  :zoinks:

Offline WolFish

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #4032 on: June 11, 2015, 09:53:18 AM »
My credit rating is good. With ADHD and marginal employment, it was very bad at one time. But I've paid off most of my "buy groceries with credit card" debt and so many on time payments that when my pre-scheduled payment didn't go through and I got a late notice, it doesn't seem to have counted for much - I think I lost two points. I don't get the "apply for this" notices any more because they can't find me in Canada.
Mark Twain: “Never argue with a [troll], onlookers may not be able to tell the difference.”

#Dancewithgarygopher

Offline sg1008

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • This chicken is Insured.
« Reply #4033 on: June 11, 2015, 04:39:30 PM »
Kids had a good time with the science experiments today. They learned Newton's second law...and later, through the socratic method, they figured out what makes objects float.
Can't you guys even just imagine it?

Forget practicality, or your experience....can you just....imagine?

It's there. It always was.

Offline Queen Victoria

• Ruler of Aspie Universe
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #4034 on: June 11, 2015, 07:52:55 PM »
The PR has been taking her meds regularly.  She's much easier to live with now.

The second Wii Game we ordered came.
A good monarch is a treasure. A good politician is an oxymoron.

My brain is both uninhibited and uninhabited.

:qv: