Author Topic: Post something good that happened today, Parts Two  (Read 120132 times)

Offline sg1008

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • This chicken is Insured.
Re: Post something good that happened today, Parts Two
« Reply #3855 on: April 25, 2015, 08:10:45 PM »
Did an early celebration of our 24th wedding anniversary!   8)

Congratulations.  We celebrated our 30th ln March.  If we make it to our 50th, PA will be 93 and I'll be 85.

If we make it to our 50th and I am still on this plane of existence, I will be 86 and Carla will be 79.  Only my female bio-progenitor made it into the 80's.  So it will be interesting to see how long I keep going!   8)

Congrats on you both btw...successful marriages are impressive.  :headbang2:
Can't you guys even just imagine it?

Forget practicality, or your experience....can you just....imagine?

It's there. It always was.

Offline Gopher Gary

• sockpuppet alert!
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • I'm not wearing pants.
« Reply #3856 on: April 25, 2015, 08:34:48 PM »
Finished a paper I had been procrastinating on.  Just need a title.  It's on false accusations of domestic violence in custody evaluations.  I was considering "Bitches Be Trippin'"

"Wolves Who Cry Wolf"
"Dishonesty is the Second Best Policy"
"Testifier Pants on Fire"

:zoinks:
:gopher:

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
« Reply #3857 on: April 25, 2015, 09:00:46 PM »
Bullshit.

How about something bad?

I was taking the dog tor a walk. He was running all around my feet -  So fucking happy to go out!!
He tangled me and I went down, smashing my glasses into the pavement (basically ruining them with a massive scratch across both lenses and flattening them out. My forehead hit the pavement first)

I was stunned, disoriented and bleeding from four head wounds. Had to take a minute to understand how badly hurt I was.

In the mean time the dog (who was terribly abused before we got him and scared to death of me at first. I have JUST gained a bit of his trust, then this happens)

He did come back to me, though, to offer help.

I fucking love dogs!! Even when they are scared as fuck, they try to help!!
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline Gopher Gary

• sockpuppet alert!
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • I'm not wearing pants.
« Reply #3858 on: April 25, 2015, 09:07:43 PM »
A living wreath covered with succulents.  :o

It looks a lot like this.  :orly:

:gopher:

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #3859 on: April 26, 2015, 12:25:15 AM »
Bullshit.

How about something bad?

I was taking the dog tor a walk. He was running all around my feet -  So fucking happy to go out!!
He tangled me and I went down, smashing my glasses into the pavement (basically ruining them with a massive scratch across both lenses and flattening them out. My forehead hit the pavement first)

I was stunned, disoriented and bleeding from four head wounds. Had to take a minute to understand how badly hurt I was.

In the mean time the dog (who was terribly abused before we got him and scared to death of me at first. I have JUST gained a bit of his trust, then this happens)

Goodness. Are you OK?

"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline 'andersom'

• Pure Chocolate Bovine PIMP of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • well known as hyke.
« Reply #3860 on: April 26, 2015, 04:08:53 PM »
Did an early celebration of our 24th wedding anniversary!   8)

Congratulations.  We celebrated our 30th ln March.  If we make it to our 50th, PA will be 93 and I'll be 85.

When I read that the first time, somehow I concluded that you were already 85 and PA was 93, and I was amazed that you were on the internet!

Plenty of people that age are on the internet, and the numbers are growing. But none of that age on I2.
I can do upside down chocolate moo things!

Offline 'andersom'

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • well known as hyke.
« Reply #3861 on: April 26, 2015, 04:13:36 PM »
Bullshit.

How about something bad?

The glasses you only got repaired recently?
Hope you are OK.

Brave dog, to step over his fears. And kudos to you, for giving him the safe surroundings that he can let go of those fears bit by bit.

Offline Queen Victoria

• Ruler of Aspie Universe
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #3862 on: April 26, 2015, 05:10:26 PM »
Ow DirtDawg

:doggie: for the dog and
:nurse: for you
A good monarch is a treasure. A good politician is an oxymoron.

My brain is both uninhibited and uninhabited.

:qv:

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #3863 on: April 26, 2015, 05:29:18 PM »
A living wreath covered with succulents.  :o

It looks a lot like this.  :orly:

I like that :thumbup:
"Eat it up.  Wear it out.  Make it do or do without." 

'People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it.'
George Bernard Shaw

Offline Lord of the Ales

• Elder
  • Postwhore
  • Will work for beer
    • Last.fm thingy
« Reply #3864 on: April 27, 2015, 03:43:16 AM »
Got my shit together early and crossed several things off my to do list  :chores:
arsebiscuits!

Retired despot, landlord and shitstirrer :deadhorse:

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #3865 on: April 27, 2015, 04:04:56 PM »
Bullshit.

How about something bad?

Goodness. Are you OK?

Mostly OK, yes.

I took a pic this morning. As you can see, I hit my forehead with quite a large force. The "stereo black eyes" is just a bonus. I did not break anything, but MAN!!!! my sinuses are terribly sore.

Everyone is telling me to make up some incredible story about how this happened, because the truth is just lame. Honestly, I fell down some stairs and hit my head on a concrete sidewalk (I don't know - try it. It is rather dramatic).
Only story I can think of that sounds funny is that "I am having second thoughts about joining the Fight Club."

Maybe if it did not hurt so much I could be a little more funny.

Today I got my completely destroyed eyeglasses replaced. Unfortunately I do not use cheap glasses. I have to have invisible line bifocals and anti-glare treatments and I like "space-age" super light frames. Mine cost over three hundred dollars to get them in less than one day. (This was an emergency, understand!)

Anyway, help me come up with a great story to "explain"  how I look this way.

:2thumbsup:

I forgot to mention.  Sorry about how ancient I look. Please understand that my sixtieth birthday occurs in a few months. I AM OLD!
« Last Edit: April 27, 2015, 05:16:26 PM by DirtDawg »
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline 'andersom'

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • well known as hyke.
« Reply #3866 on: April 27, 2015, 04:11:09 PM »
Something heinous that could have happened to you?

Plastic surgery?  :zoinks:

Glad you got out so well. Hope your sense of smell hasn't suffered from this fall.

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #3867 on: April 27, 2015, 04:52:32 PM »

Glad you got out so well. Hope your sense of smell hasn't suffered from this fall.

Not sure why you would mention my sense of smell. I am fairly sure that that part of me is neurological. Just feeling pain in knowing what scents are left behind is just because of the injury.

Pretty sure all the rest of me is still OK and my face will be back to normal scary very soon.

As far as plastic surgery, it would not work.  Any one who knows me also knows that I have no alterations, no tats, no piercings, no nothing. It is just me as I was born. All I have ever done to alter my body's natural state is cut my nails and my hair.

Well OK! NOw I am busted!!
I occasionally use a skin conditioner.

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #3868 on: April 27, 2015, 04:57:05 PM »
Bullshit.

How about something bad?

The glasses you only got repaired recently?
Hope you are OK.

Brave dog, to step over his fears. And kudos to you, for giving him the safe surroundings that he can let go of those fears bit by bit.

HOnestly, this little dog is amazing.

What a natural friend!!

As much as he had fear of me (He was abused terribly by an alpha in his early life. It has taken a bit of patience to win him over   ---   then this scary thing happened to both of us.  He was the hero, though. He could easily have run away and left me there but he came back to help me.  He is A REAL dog!!)

OH and I love this dog dearly!!

He is MY Dog!!
« Last Edit: April 27, 2015, 05:00:30 PM by DirtDawg »

Offline 'andersom'

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • well known as hyke.
« Reply #3869 on: April 27, 2015, 05:18:23 PM »

Not sure why you would mention my sense of smell. I am fairly sure that that part of me is neurological. Just feeling pain in knowing what scents are left behind is just because of the injury.

Pretty sure all the rest of me is still OK and my face will be back to normal scary very soon.

As far as plastic surgery, it would not work.  Any one who knows me also knows that I have no alterations, no tats, no piercings, no nothing. It is just me as I was born. All I have ever done to alter my body's natural state is cut my nails and my hair.

Well OK! NOw I am busted!!
I occasionally use a skin conditioner.

I mentioned the sense of smell because my grandmother lost hers completely after a fall, it never came back.