Educational

Author Topic: Post something good that happened today, Parts Two  (Read 120118 times)

Offline rock hound

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • The Lurker at the Threshold.
Re: Post something good that happened today, Parts Two
« Reply #3765 on: April 12, 2015, 09:19:08 AM »
Nice one. Feels good to have work.  :2thumbsup:

I just found out I lost 9lb (4kg) in the last few weeks... only another 85 or so to go  :cbc:

Wow. Have you picked up hiking again?

Not yet but planning to start having a regular morning walk again, as of this coming week. My fitness is way off hiking at the moment sadly - I hope to be ready for that again in a few months if I can shift a bit more weight - don't want to give myself a heart attack.  :smashviolin:

Heart attacks are no pleasure indeed. I've subscribed myself to the local gym. Very calm and small gym. Exercises are tough enough, but no unnecessary boosting inputs in nasty sportive colourschemes and even worse sporty types of background music. Never more than 10 people in the building, most elderly ladies. Just right for me.
 :hyke:

That is like my yoga classes, mostly women, older, rarely is the studio full.   Sets a relaxing focused mind set for my day!
"Some books are to be tasted.  Others to be swallowed.  And some few to be chewed and digested."  --Sir Francis Bacon

"Civilization exists by geologic consent.  Subject to change without notice."  --Will Durant

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #3766 on: April 12, 2015, 11:29:06 AM »
Does yoga help you?
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline rock hound

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #3767 on: April 12, 2015, 12:27:44 PM »
Yes it does.  Physically and mentally.  My focus is better, especially since I went off the ritalin.  My doctor was concerned about the rapid heartbeat I was having with it.  And at 60 that's not a good thing.  My heart rate and BP have gone down to very good levels. 
"Some books are to be tasted.  Others to be swallowed.  And some few to be chewed and digested."  --Sir Francis Bacon

"Civilization exists by geologic consent.  Subject to change without notice."  --Will Durant

Hannah

« Reply #3768 on: April 12, 2015, 12:30:32 PM »
surprisingly tempted to of all things cut myself, and I didn't give in!!! :headbang2: so to reward myself I'm dyeing my hair  :2thumbsup: (it's this dang time of year bleh) it'll get better with time but I'm so proud of myself

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #3769 on: April 12, 2015, 12:51:15 PM »
Yes it does.  Physically and mentally.  My focus is better, especially since I went off the ritalin.  My doctor was concerned about the rapid heartbeat I was having with it.  And at 60 that's not a good thing.  My heart rate and BP have gone down to very good levels.

I tried yoga for the very first time the other day, but it turned out my back was in poor shape so the instructor told me to stop. I'm interested in trying again, though, once my back is better.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #3770 on: April 12, 2015, 12:51:45 PM »
surprisingly tempted to of all things cut myself, and I didn't give in!!! :headbang2: so to reward myself I'm dyeing my hair  :2thumbsup: (it's this dang time of year bleh) it'll get better with time but I'm so proud of myself

Glad to hear that you didn't give in. :hug:

- Albert Einstein

Offline rock hound

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #3771 on: April 12, 2015, 02:08:44 PM »

I tried yoga for the very first time the other day, but it turned out my back was in poor shape so the instructor told me to stop. I'm interested in trying again, though, once my back is better.

You do have to listen to your body and a GOOD teacher will emphasize that a lot.  Go only as far into the pose as you can without pain. Or move slower than the others are.  The emphasis should be on the breath.  If my shoulder or hip or back give me a twinge or is stiff.  I'll will either slow down or do a different pose or go into child's pose and rest or do some cat/cow poses to stretch the back and hip out.  We have a lady in our class with MS and she goes only as far as she can.  I've been at it now for 3 years and there are still things I can't do.  Oh well.   8)

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #3772 on: April 12, 2015, 11:08:55 PM »
She did talk about breathing a lot, yes. Half of the time I forgot to breathe properly.

- Albert Einstein

Offline rock hound

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #3773 on: April 13, 2015, 02:21:39 PM »
Got my 3 mile walk in.  Gorgeous sunny day in the 70's F.  Found a handful of coins and even a dollar bill!  Well, that pays for our paper tomorrow!   :green:

Offline rock hound

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #3774 on: April 13, 2015, 02:22:34 PM »
She did talk about breathing a lot, yes. Half of the time I forgot to breathe properly.

Easy to do.  Especially when the pose is a tad strenuous. 

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #3775 on: April 13, 2015, 03:47:09 PM »

Do you hold your breath or breath too much?  I tend to hold my breath a lot sometimes I do it on purpose as a stim other times I don't even realize I'm doing it
"Eat it up.  Wear it out.  Make it do or do without." 

'People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it.'
George Bernard Shaw

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #3776 on: April 13, 2015, 03:48:50 PM »
My brother stopped by and gave me a check for materials I had bought for him :thumbup:  Then he told me not to put it in the bank until he calls me  :thumbdn:  Overall a good thing though
"Eat it up.  Wear it out.  Make it do or do without." 

'People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it.'
George Bernard Shaw

Offline rock hound

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #3777 on: April 13, 2015, 04:15:19 PM »
The Crocuses and snowdrops are bursting into bloom today!   :headbang2:

Offline Queen Victoria

• Ruler of Aspie Universe
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #3778 on: April 13, 2015, 05:02:27 PM »
A stove.
A good monarch is a treasure. A good politician is an oxymoron.

My brain is both uninhibited and uninhabited.

:qv:

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #3779 on: April 13, 2015, 11:07:00 PM »

Do you hold your breath or breath too much?  I tend to hold my breath a lot sometimes I do it on purpose as a stim other times I don't even realize I'm doing it

Hold my breath. And yes, I do that too, sometimes.

- Albert Einstein