Educational

Author Topic: Post something good that happened today, Parts Two  (Read 120090 times)

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
Re: Post something good that happened today, Parts Two
« Reply #3570 on: February 16, 2015, 03:48:44 PM »
Back home. :)
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline renaeden

• Complicated Case of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #3571 on: February 16, 2015, 11:21:09 PM »
Going to be getting a cat  :) Not had anything beyond reptiles since I was a teen and with my family and people have said I should have a companion of some kind. She is white and deaf and very sweet. Now I shall be fretting about getting everything right in meeting her needs.  :lol1:
Awww. I once looked after a neighbour's cats, all three were white and deaf. Very affectionate also. Lovely cats.

Yeah, this one is called Christine...after the Phantom Of The Opera character, which is quite cool as I love the musical. She is apparently a real attention seeker, not an aloof cat at all and needs lots of brushing, petting and love. I shall have to take some photos when I get her. Meanwhile, I am sort of reading all I can as I have no idea the best routine to have for her, given my odd sleeping hours, or whether I need to stick down things on shelves etc... I also have to decide where the best place is to stick a litter tray and food bowls etc as my kitchen is quite small. I am imagining my OCD might have to vanish a little too  :lol1:
The litter tray should be as far as possible from the food and water dishes but I think you already know that. Do you have a laundry room? Good place for a litter tray.
Mildly Cute in a Retarded Way
Tek'ma'tae

Offline Graelwyn

• Elder
  • Incessant Poster
« Reply #3572 on: February 16, 2015, 11:24:49 PM »
Going to be getting a cat  :) Not had anything beyond reptiles since I was a teen and with my family and people have said I should have a companion of some kind. She is white and deaf and very sweet. Now I shall be fretting about getting everything right in meeting her needs.  :lol1:
Awww. I once looked after a neighbour's cats, all three were white and deaf. Very affectionate also. Lovely cats.

Yeah, this one is called Christine...after the Phantom Of The Opera character, which is quite cool as I love the musical. She is apparently a real attention seeker, not an aloof cat at all and needs lots of brushing, petting and love. I shall have to take some photos when I get her. Meanwhile, I am sort of reading all I can as I have no idea the best routine to have for her, given my odd sleeping hours, or whether I need to stick down things on shelves etc... I also have to decide where the best place is to stick a litter tray and food bowls etc as my kitchen is quite small. I am imagining my OCD might have to vanish a little too  :lol1:
The litter tray should be as far as possible from the food and water dishes but I think you already know that. Do you have a laundry room? Good place for a litter tray.

Sadly, no laundry room. I live in a 2 bedroom flat(apartment) with a small kitchen. I was going to put the bowls and tray in the kitchen but although not next to each other, they wouldn't be more than a 3 feet apart. My front bedroom is basically more a storage room for my clothes and books. My bedroom is, well my sleep room, and my living room certainly isn't the place for them. Other than that I have a very long hallway, but did not think that is a very good spot for a litter tray. I already found a local vet who will probably sort any issues for free due to my being on disability and housing help here, so that is one good thing.

Offline renaeden

• Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #3573 on: February 17, 2015, 12:28:15 AM »
I also live in a 2 bedroom place but we have a laundry. Christine will let you know if she has issues with dish and tray placement for sure. ;)

You and I have a few things in common - we are both on disability and housing help.
Tek'ma'tae

Offline 'andersom'

• Pure Chocolate Bovine PIMP of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • well known as hyke.
« Reply #3574 on: February 17, 2015, 12:40:45 AM »
Home alone for awhile.

Tis wonderful.  8)

Enjoy!

If all goes well, that will be happening to me too, today.  :hyke:
I can do upside down chocolate moo things!

Offline Graelwyn

• Elder
  • Incessant Poster
« Reply #3575 on: February 17, 2015, 01:32:07 AM »
I also live in a 2 bedroom place but we have a laundry. Christine will let you know if she has issues with dish and tray placement for sure. ;)

You and I have a few things in common - we are both on disability and housing help.

Yes, I am probably going to be moving this year. I am in a privately rented place right now, but am bidding for a council flat, not sure the USA name for them, but I shall have to be sure I bid on those that allow pets. My mother will not be knowing about the cat too soon as she will see it as an impediment to my moving but at the same time, I do not wish to go somewhere I can never have a pet. I need a companion.
I am guessing you don't have cats now ? Or do you ?

Offline renaeden

• Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #3576 on: February 17, 2015, 06:53:07 AM »

Yes, I am probably going to be moving this year. I am in a privately rented place right now, but am bidding for a council flat, not sure the USA name for them, but I shall have to be sure I bid on those that allow pets. My mother will not be knowing about the cat too soon as she will see it as an impediment to my moving but at the same time, I do not wish to go somewhere I can never have a pet. I need a companion.
I am guessing you don't have cats now ? Or do you ?
I am Australian and not even sure of the Aussie name for council flats, heh. I got my place through an association called Access Housing. Waited nearly 10 years for it.

Me and my flatmate (Ceilidh on here) have two cats, Liam and Mollie. Liam we got as a stray (or so we thought until a neighbour claimed him and then left him behind when she moved so we took him in) and Mollie was my mum's cat until she couldn't take her into a rental place and so we took her.
Tek'ma'tae

Offline 'andersom'

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • well known as hyke.
« Reply #3577 on: February 17, 2015, 06:58:18 AM »
Do you know if she is a loud cat? Some deaf cats have no idea of the sounds they make, but they are aware that making them may trigger their humans to interact with them. Fellow student of mine, long ago, had a white deaf cat who loved to play in the metal paper bin. The sound she made, with her play was deafening, but since she did not hear it, it did not stop her. She also would mew very hard when her human was out of sight.

Offline Walkie

• Wooden sword crusader of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #3578 on: February 17, 2015, 08:32:51 AM »
Hmm are all deaf cats white, all white cats deaf, or are we getting a shitload of coincidences coming up?

Offline Semicolon

• The Punctuated Equilibrium Of The Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
  • I am an echolalic mastodon.
« Reply #3579 on: February 17, 2015, 08:44:10 AM »
Hmm are all deaf cats white, all white cats deaf, or are we getting a shitload of coincidences coming up?

It's not a coincidence. Link
I2 has a smiley for everything. Even a hamster wheel. :hamsterwheel:

Quote from: iamnotaparakeet
Jesus died on the cross to show us that BDSM is a legitimate form of love.
There is only one truth and it is that people do have penises of different sizes and one of them is the longest.

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #3580 on: February 17, 2015, 03:49:01 PM »
Got myself an interview based on a recommendation I got in Prague this weekend.  :headbang2:
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline Graelwyn

• Elder
  • Incessant Poster
« Reply #3581 on: February 17, 2015, 04:17:27 PM »
Do you know if she is a loud cat? Some deaf cats have no idea of the sounds they make, but they are aware that making them may trigger their humans to interact with them. Fellow student of mine, long ago, had a white deaf cat who loved to play in the metal paper bin. The sound she made, with her play was deafening, but since she did not hear it, it did not stop her. She also would mew very hard when her human was out of sight.

Hmm, that is one I wont know until I get her  :lol1: She wasn't making much noise when I met her, but I only saw her for a short time. I shall have to ask when I get her. I wear earplugs at night, fortunately, so it shouldn't impact my sleeping. But I must admit, a lot of noise can be quite aggravating for me.

Offline Walkie

• Wooden sword crusader of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #3582 on: February 17, 2015, 04:23:44 PM »
My ex and I kept several cats. All foundlings.

The one thing you really need to know in advance is:

Your cat will always puke on the living room carpet just before your guests ring the doorbell.  And she will always compete with any other crisis in your life, by suddenly becoming very ill and needing the vet right now.

Aside from that, they are a doddle to care for.

Good luck !

-Walkie

Offline Graelwyn

• Elder
  • Incessant Poster
« Reply #3583 on: February 17, 2015, 04:34:32 PM »

Your cat will always puke on the living room carpet just before your guests ring the doorbell.  And she will always compete with any other crisis in your life, by suddenly becoming very ill and needing the vet right now.

Good luck !

-Walkie

Omg, cat sick is the worst to clear up, it smells so utterly vile.
Any tips on best ways to clean it up, lol ?

Offline 'andersom'

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • well known as hyke.
« Reply #3584 on: February 17, 2015, 05:04:40 PM »

Good luck !

-Walkie

Omg, cat sick is the worst to clear up, it smells so utterly vile.
Any tips on best ways to clean it up, lol ?

Depends on the cat how often they'll get sick, and how bad it is. One of mine does it once a year or less, but it takes time to clean up, when he does and it is gross. The other throws up her food if she ate too fast or ate mice, about every fortnight. It is like a dry sausage, smelling of catfood, with the occasional mouse in it, nothing else, and can be picked up with a tissue. Neighbour cat that used to visit left residue behind daily, slime with grass. No smell, but yucky. Easy to clean.

Quite a few cats like to take care of their human too.

My female cat defends my daughter when we mockfight. She comes up, stares at us, and then slaps me to tell me off.
She is  :viking: