Educational

Author Topic: Post something good that happened today, Parts Two  (Read 120139 times)

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
Re: Post something good that happened today, Parts Two
« Reply #3285 on: September 01, 2014, 10:49:55 PM »
Coffee happened.

There's not a lot to be happy about right now.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline Lestat

• Pharmaceutical dustbin of the autie elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Homo stercore veteris, heterodiem
« Reply #3286 on: September 01, 2014, 11:35:57 PM »
The industrial-sized can of red bull I bought just now is easing my hung over headache.
Beyond the pale. Way, way beyond the pale.

Requiescat in pacem, Wolfish, beloved of Pyraxis.

Offline Lestat

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #3287 on: September 02, 2014, 12:40:27 AM »
Found this paper in JOC, interesting, looks very amenable to cathinone synthesis. Two steps, potentially a onepot. I'll have to get some borohydride to try this out, would do it already, but the only hydride reducing agent I have on the shelves is LiAlH4, and of course LAH isn't the most friendly of reagents, has a nasty tendency to catch fire if exposed to air, inert gas is a must. Not quite so unstable as to require Schlenk lines but it does like to burst into flames. Not good if one is using it as is usually the case, in ether or THF.

Barely started reading the paper but already fascinating and innovative and useful chemistry.

Transition-Metal-Free Oxidative α‑C−H Amination of Ketones via a
Radical Mechanism: Mild Synthesis of α‑Amino Ketones

Offline Queen Victoria

• Ruler of Aspie Universe
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #3288 on: September 02, 2014, 01:54:19 AM »
Coffee happened.

There's not a lot to be happy about right now.

:hug:
A good monarch is a treasure. A good politician is an oxymoron.

My brain is both uninhibited and uninhabited.

:qv:

Offline 'andersom'

• Pure Chocolate Bovine PIMP of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • well known as hyke.
« Reply #3289 on: September 02, 2014, 03:36:13 AM »
Not today, but only a few days ago, I found out that the city of Zwolle has a decent second hand bookstore again. Guy working at "de Slegte" started it, after the nation wide "de Slegte/selexys/polaris" drama.

I was very pleased when I noticed.
 :hyke:

Nationwide drama in the Netherlands sounds tame. :P

In the setting of second hand bookstores, it was big.

We do have some bigger dramas now and then. Relief for them is less easy.
I can do upside down chocolate moo things!

Offline Lestat

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #3290 on: September 02, 2014, 03:54:56 AM »
190mg of intravenous morphine sulfate happened, in addition to 60-70mg of oxycodone by mouth about half an hour ago. The morphine wasn't that long ago though, just finished my shot, and now feel fucking wonderful :D

Going to pick up a couple of grams of white later though too, so I can have some speedballs as well as just plain vanilla morphine/heroin/dipropionyl morphine/oxy. Nice enough as they are true, but a wee dash of coke, meth or ethylphenidate/methylphenidate thrown into the same syringe barrel as the opiate(/s) is really the icing on the cake, maybe with some cyclizine (a sedating antihistamine that for some reason, really enhances the rush and subsequent euphoriant effects of opiates when shot alongside them)

Mmmm yum yum, just prepping another shot with another 50-60mg of oxy.
Lurvely. I just love the taste of morphine when I can taste it after doing a shot. After that, time for a rollup, a handful of candy and some of the lovely 'KA' brand black grape soda I bought earlier, I just adore the stuff, it really is quite delicious. Hehe, my doctor so kicks arse for not being way overconservative and a stingy arsebag like many GPs are with opiates and sleepers, a script for 120mg morphine a day and 20 of oxy is a lot more generous than most docs are willing to be, as well as a script for tizanidine (a muscle relaxer and adrenergic release inhibitor like clonidine, its relative, that I get on my rx too), and a twice daily dose of chlormethiazole, an oldschool sedative-hypnotic
that is much more effective than the modern Z-drugs and benzos, being far more like the barbiturates, although admittedly I've only tried a small number of those, that very, very VERY rarely get used these days, aside from butalbital as a part of a migraine treatment, or phenobarb as an anticonvulsant. Even willing as per my request to give me some cyclizine too, and doesn't seem to mind the fact that I do use other substances from time to time, and like a nice juicy bong or ten, without taking my meds off me.  Possibly figures that I'd simply go and make my own shit if he didn't allow me to have my medication, but he is a really compassionate guy who won't just leave someone out in the cold to wallow in their misery if they have a need that needs attending by the medical profession. Knows I blaze, occasionally like a wee bit of charlie, have a passion for chemistry that can 'bee' applied in the pharmaceutical and pharmacological directions, sometimes grow/use/pick shrooms if I'm either lucky enough to find any on my hunts for more regular fungal treats or can obtain spores to run a culture and grow or tissue from the fruitbody for cloning and of course further stashing of spores from the mushrooms raised. 'Tis a bit more technically involved and requires of course, exacting standards for sterility, but anybody can learn to grow a huge variety of psilocin/psilocybin containing mushrooms, either on substrates like grain, or some can be grown outdoors on woodchip beds. I like to surreptitiously spawn any woodchip piles/beds I see that aren't on private residential properties. Even had three big patches of Psilocybe cyanescens lurking outside a local macdonalds bwahahahaha, that fruited a good few kg of shrooms a season (wet weight) every winter, very welcome those were too, as P.cyanescens is a cold-appreciating woodlover that fruits much later than most other psilocybin mushrooms, and cyans are REALLY strong too, not the best for longterm storage unless its done carefully, preferably vacuum-dried and then stored under inert gas like argon to preserve them, with some silica gel desiccant packs to keep them all dry, as there is a very high ratio of psilocin to the more stable psilocybin in P.cyanescens. But they really do pack a motherfucking hefty wallop, I've actually started tripping pretty pleasantly without even having consumed any mushrooms, solely off cleaning the harvest, presumably the psilocin and psilocybin/baeocystin content absorbing through my skin and that of the person who was assisting with the clean of our harvest from my lovely clandestine patch outside maccy D's, both of us started tripping part way through the cleaning process, to remove soil and leaf debris, bits of woodchip etc. Totally unexpected, but very welcome, first thing I knew about it was seeing my assistant at the time's pupils dilate to dinnerplate-mode and noticing that colours looked deeper and richer, while the walls were breathing and waving :D

1g of those little brutes was enough to trip hard, two grams sufficient (more than in fact) for a really fucking hard trip and 3-4g of cyans is enough to floor more or less anyone with a seriously intense whomping great trip. a kilo of wavy caps is enough to last for the rest of the season and the next year with one or two people consuming them, even a half gram can be enough for a moderate trip, although nothing overwhelming. so a kilo can be as many in theory as a thousand trips, although I do like a bit more than 1g (dry weight), for my average mushroom sesh, a light-moderate dose, just a few wavycap fruitbodies is lovely for a walk out in the woods to pick more mushrooms for the table and for use as spices/condiments for my favoured, rather mycologically heavy style of cooking. I just lurve my shiitake, oyster, honshimeiji and enokitake for shop bought mushies, and my wild larch boletes, slippery jacks, chicken of the woods/sulfur polypore, honey fungus and of course, the ever so scrummy puffballs, ceps and chanterelles, plus the sheer joy of going out to pick them for myself in the forests, hedgerows, fields and woodlands, coming home with a pair of tired feet to a nice revivifying shot of morphine and a muscle relaxer after walking from the crack of dawn to the onset of darkness, knocking up a tasty treat out of whatever I happen to find growing, with something different for supper, and a nice big plate of fried, stewed etc. mushrooms or a bowl of steaming hot and spicy mushroom soup made in advance for brekky the next day so all that needs doing is to pop whatever is made into the microwave for a quick blast of the nuker then eating. There is something inherently satisfying to me, about the harvesting my own free chow as well as the munching
so as to be able to enjoy the fruits of one's own labor, even better when it costs not a penny more than is needed for a bit of refreshment and some snacks for the trail, and transport if its not local (I'm not above traveling for a good few hours, if I have a good reason to believe that I'm in with a good chance of finding something that will make me a top notch noshup, or something exotic that I don't find in many places. Got a very, very good memory for what species I find where, right down to what patches of bushes and trees I might do best looking under (or on in the case of polypores and other woodlovers like honey fungus), for instance I know exactly where I found some liberty caps at lamaload reservoir, where I found also the quite rare Hygrocybe calyptriformis, a species I have seen only once, or maybe twice as a child outside the area surrounding this particular english reservoir, but that fruits in profusion there, a good thing as its redlisted for conservation status in quite a few countries all over europe according to wiki. I knew it was rare, but I didn't realize just quite how scarce it is. Next time I'm down there at the reservoir at the right time of year if I find any, I'll take a few for sporeprints and knock out some cultures, with which to introduce them to other pastures and grassland all over the place.

Johnny appleseed, only with fungus :autism:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hygrocybe_calyptriformis

As for dutch argy-bargey, the low level of intensity of said dramawhoring might be due to everybody getting baked and as as result, laid back unless some tight bastard starts bogarting :P

Offline Semicolon

• The Punctuated Equilibrium Of The Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
  • I am an echolalic mastodon.
« Reply #3291 on: September 02, 2014, 03:37:31 PM »
Not today, but only a few days ago, I found out that the city of Zwolle has a decent second hand bookstore again. Guy working at "de Slegte" started it, after the nation wide "de Slegte/selexys/polaris" drama.

:GA:
I2 has a smiley for everything. Even a hamster wheel. :hamsterwheel:

Quote from: iamnotaparakeet
Jesus died on the cross to show us that BDSM is a legitimate form of love.
There is only one truth and it is that people do have penises of different sizes and one of them is the longest.

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #3292 on: September 02, 2014, 11:12:46 PM »
Can't think of anything. I have a headache.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline Semicolon

• Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
« Reply #3293 on: September 03, 2014, 06:33:31 AM »

Scandal in the Netherlands: Mayor Denies Grabbing Queen's Buttocks

There is only one truth and it is that people do have penises of different sizes and one of them is the longest.

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #3294 on: September 03, 2014, 03:45:38 PM »

I'd grab some of that :2thumbsup:
"Eat it up.  Wear it out.  Make it do or do without." 

'People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it.'
George Bernard Shaw

Offline "couldbecousin"

• Invincible Heisenweeble of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore Beyond Teh Stupid
  • You're goddamn right.
« Reply #3295 on: September 03, 2014, 11:14:40 PM »
  The repair job I did on my glasses, using stiff waterproof tape, is holding up!  :nerdy:
"I'm finding a lot of things funny lately, but I don't think they are."
--- Ripley, Alien Resurrection

"We are grateful for the time we have been given."
--- Edward Walker, The Village

People forget.
--- The Who, "Eminence Front"

Offline Semicolon

• Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
« Reply #3296 on: September 04, 2014, 05:20:57 AM »

I'd grab some of that :2thumbsup:

Are you trying to start Dutch drama? :GA:

Offline Queen Victoria

• Ruler of Aspie Universe
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #3297 on: September 05, 2014, 11:17:07 AM »

Adopt or fuck?  Adopt or fuck?
A good monarch is a treasure. A good politician is an oxymoron.

My brain is both uninhibited and uninhabited.

:qv:

Offline "couldbecousin"

• Elder
  • You're goddamn right.
« Reply #3298 on: September 05, 2014, 05:47:10 PM »
     :lol1:    I love our little Queen and her dirty mind!

People forget.

Offline "couldbecousin"

• Elder
  • You're goddamn right.
« Reply #3299 on: September 05, 2014, 05:48:50 PM »
  My laundry-hogging neighbor appears to be getting the laundry done.

Maybe by tomorrow I can do mine!  :crossed:

People forget.