Author Topic: Post something good that happened today, Parts Two  (Read 120119 times)

Offline Lestat

• Pharmaceutical dustbin of the autie elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Homo stercore veteris, heterodiem
Re: Post something good that happened today, Parts Two
« Reply #2895 on: May 07, 2014, 05:47:43 AM »
Oooohhh, nice!

It just got better still.

Found out that the doc this time gave me the capsule form rather than MS-contin tablets for the morphine XR 30s. The entire dose is contained in a little pinch of tiny beads, rather than a big pill with a vastly excessive lot of binding agents and inert excipients. No gelling up at all, they filter like a dream come true, no more trying to draw up something that has the consistency of thick, slimy nasal mucus. And judging by the taste of the resulting solution, bitterness-wise, grinding up allows almost if not all the morphine to be drawn into solution, less binders means less inert crap to absorb some of the water for my shots too.

Although as they say, the proof of the pudding, is in the eating. Or in this case shooting up. Time to find out I think :D
Beyond the pale. Way, way beyond the pale.

Requiescat in pacem, Wolfish, beloved of Pyraxis.

Offline Semicolon

• The Punctuated Equilibrium Of The Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
  • I am an echolalic mastodon.
« Reply #2896 on: May 07, 2014, 04:07:21 PM »
Have yet again confirmed that the ancient greeks ruined everything. -_-

Oh, the good thing was learning that things might have been very different...and thus I have new possibilities to ponder.

Except for all of their cultural advancements. :orly:
I2 has a smiley for everything. Even a hamster wheel. :hamsterwheel:

Quote from: iamnotaparakeet
Jesus died on the cross to show us that BDSM is a legitimate form of love.
There is only one truth and it is that people do have penises of different sizes and one of them is the longest.

Offline sg1008

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • This chicken is Insured.
« Reply #2897 on: May 07, 2014, 05:10:20 PM »

Oh, the good thing was learning that things might have been very different...and thus I have new possibilities to ponder.

Which they STOLE from more sophisticated societies after burning them to the ground and calling them barbarians.   :facepalm2:
Can't you guys even just imagine it?

Forget practicality, or your experience....can you just....imagine?

It's there. It always was.

Offline Semicolon

• The Punctuated Equilibrium Of The Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
  • I am an echolalic mastodon.
« Reply #2898 on: May 07, 2014, 06:54:48 PM »

Which they STOLE from more sophisticated societies after burning them to the ground and calling them barbarians.   :facepalm2:

???

Do you have any proof of this?
I2 has a smiley for everything. Even a hamster wheel. :hamsterwheel:

Quote from: iamnotaparakeet
Jesus died on the cross to show us that BDSM is a legitimate form of love.
There is only one truth and it is that people do have penises of different sizes and one of them is the longest.

Offline sg1008

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #2899 on: May 07, 2014, 08:33:08 PM »
My father came by and we had a nice philosophical conversation. :)

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
« Reply #2900 on: May 07, 2014, 10:07:29 PM »
Congrats. The assholes can suck it.  :thumbup:

Biggest boss came to me today and told me he had thirty hours to use next week and offered me my choice  as long as I do not go into overtime.

I took twenty.

I am really at a loss to understand what has happened. The altercation in the parking lot, about six weeks ago,  I was sure meant the death of my job! (I mean, I put that young punk supe in the hospital with a severely dislocated shoulder, bruised face, broken ribs (all in about a stretch of four seconds, by the watchful eyes of other "over /elder"supe and his underling girlfriends which he is "suping to his benefit")(they said I looked like Yoda - walking with a cane half the time and then whipping awesome ass on someone who needed it).

I have not contacted HR since the first time they tried to make me sign something that was not true; some time in October. This last bit, when they said I was reading a novel on the job. - know whut? I do not read novels these days. I mostly read online, I never contacted HR.  I just assumed that it was over and I resolved myself to finding another job for a couple of years while I wind down into retirement.

I am at a loss to understand what is going on without my knowing. I know the big boss still respects me and supports me, but his punk kid supe of mine has never taken to me. Hence the parking lot scene. It may have been HIS undoing, instead of mine despite the fact that I walked away without a scratch and he had to have an ambulance on that night. I do not know.

Anyway, the big boss has offered me extra hours next week.
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline sg1008

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #2901 on: May 07, 2014, 10:17:21 PM »
Glad to hear the boss seems to appreciate you DD  :thumbup:

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #2902 on: May 10, 2014, 07:24:33 PM »

Remains to be seen how far this can go.

I am positive, but I am also reserved to remembering what has already happened.
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline sg1008

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #2903 on: May 10, 2014, 10:31:35 PM »

Sensible.

I wish I had had a better experience with a team I was working with. I ended having to put my foot down by leaving when one person decided to go dictator on the decision making. I tried contacting her several times when finally she couldn't avoid me she properly blew me off. Quite needless of her... Not only that, turns out she's a closet racist...which is another matter entirely, but it adds insult to injury. Luckily its not a real job...everyone I've talked to has told me she has a massive ego and two others stepped away for good. A third was already stepping away, and a fourth is about ready to leave. Imagine...you have an awesome team but one member shits on everything. That type of thing should not be allowed to happen.... :scratchhead:

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #2904 on: May 11, 2014, 01:17:47 AM »
I made coffee.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #2905 on: May 11, 2014, 01:43:18 AM »

Sensible.

I wish I had had a better experience with a team I was working with. I ended having to put my foot down by leaving when one person decided to go dictator on the decision making. I tried contacting her several times when finally she couldn't avoid me she properly blew me off. Quite needless of her... Not only that, turns out she's a closet racist...which is another matter entirely, but it adds insult to injury. Luckily its not a real job...everyone I've talked to has told me she has a massive ego and two others stepped away for good. A third was already stepping away, and a fourth is about ready to leave. Imagine...you have an awesome team but one member shits on everything. That type of thing should not be allowed to happen.... :scratchhead:

Talk about insult to injury? Are you Asking AgAIN!

Dude, MY BOSS (young, stupid punk, etc.) took a fucking swing at my face!!

Now, understand, I wear glasses. One can not attempt to hit someone who wears glasses without expecting some sort of resistance!

Wearing glasses is dangerous to begin with.

Having some asshole take a swing at one who wears glasses might start a regular fight, if things go wrong.

All I can say at this point is that that son of a bitch tried to hurt me by starting to swing at me. I would not allow it to happen.

I think I have already mentioned this, but I stopped his punch with my forearm, flipped his elbow around about one hundred twenty degrees, then, dislocating his shoulder radically, I slammed his head into the asphalt. I then came down "as hard as I could" (I only weigh about two hundred twenty pounds) directly on his gut (aiming for his solar plexus, I missed by a foot because of how fucking BIG the stupid fucker is and how he fell so fucking tall.)

Then I hit him, hard, but then realized that if I really hit him again, I could kill him. His head was in contact with the pavement.  If I actually hit himn as I NEEDED/wanted to, I would beat him to death with about three or four blows. I stopped. I only hit him once and then I backed off and stood up as eight other assholes approached to "pull me off of him".  It was already over and I was vibrating. I was so stoked, I had a hard time settling down.

One "supe"  came up to me and TOLD me I had to wait for the police. I took two steps toward him an asked if he really wanted to stop me from going home.

He just lifted his arms an said, "No!"

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #2906 on: May 11, 2014, 01:56:09 AM »
It seems as if this shit has kept me on edge a bit and it has for six fucking weeks, it seems.

I fucking keep mentioning it, right?  The whole thing disturbed me. Not so much keeping my head past the stupid kid, but how things have gone since. There was never a question that that punk kid could touch me physically and THAT might have been part of the problem between he and me. He KNEW he could do anything he wanted; I never gave it a second thought, because I KNEW he could not touch me.

That punk kid has never done a second of actual work in his entire life, let alone try to "whatever" to someone four times as strong and ten times as smart and one hundred times as deviant as me.

Well, as I mentioned, the punk has (been forced?)  to give me "MEDALS"  (shit we earn for doing tests)  all the way past silver and gold but awarded me platinum status.  FUCK!! WTF!!
« Last Edit: May 11, 2014, 02:19:36 AM by DirtDawg »

Offline Pyraxis

• Werewolf Wrangler of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • aka Daria
« Reply #2907 on: May 11, 2014, 09:10:24 AM »
Yeah you do seem on edge about it. Re-reading SG's comment, I can't figure out where he implied that he might not have understood what happened.

Best I can figure without actually knowing anyone else involved, young punk must have been really widely hated, to the point where it reached critical mass of enough people feeling glad that someone finally snapped and beat his ass, that they don't feel too inclined to lift a finger to defend him. And young punk isn't canny enough to rally people with outrage of his own.
You'll never self-actualize the subconscious canopy of stardust with that attitude.

Offline sg1008

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #2908 on: May 11, 2014, 12:56:36 PM »
Are you Asking AgAIN!

No...I was just sharing my recent experience. But I appreciate you filling me about exactly what went down...I would be on edge too if I knew I almost killed a man.

Offline "couldbecousin"

• Invincible Heisenweeble of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore Beyond Teh Stupid
  • You're goddamn right.
« Reply #2909 on: May 11, 2014, 05:56:57 PM »
I made coffee.

Yesterday I brought home a bottle of coffee from work.  Free stuff is good.  :green:
"I'm finding a lot of things funny lately, but I don't think they are."
--- Ripley, Alien Resurrection

"We are grateful for the time we have been given."
--- Edward Walker, The Village

People forget.
--- The Who, "Eminence Front"