Author Topic: Post something good that happened today, Parts Two  (Read 120130 times)

Offline Pyraxis

• Werewolf Wrangler of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • aka Daria
Re: Post something good that happened today, Parts Two
« Reply #2715 on: April 05, 2014, 10:50:11 AM »
Yeah. It so badly sucks how companies are just dispensing with experienced full time people whenever they can get away with it, to bring on part-timers whom they won't have to give health insurance. What you did to the guy must have hurt like hell but it's hard to have much sympathy for him.
You'll never self-actualize the subconscious canopy of stardust with that attitude.

Offline Queen Victoria

• Ruler of Aspie Universe
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #2716 on: April 05, 2014, 01:21:15 PM »
Sorry to hear about this DD.  I sincerely hope things work out well for you.
A good monarch is a treasure. A good politician is an oxymoron.

My brain is both uninhibited and uninhabited.

:qv:

Offline Icequeen

• News Box Slave
  • Insane Postwhore
  • I peopled today.
« Reply #2717 on: April 05, 2014, 04:39:18 PM »
I would have refused to sign and walked out probably.

Sounds like the guy you ploughed has been kissing the boss's ass in all the right places.

What an ass...I hope he heals slowly. >:D

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #2718 on: April 05, 2014, 07:47:23 PM »
Your a better man than me I would have never been able to sit though a meeting like that.  I am somewhat surprised they even had it considering the paranoia about workplace violence and shootings.  My son was fired last week in a management shake up and replaced by someone they had him training the last month and was going to be doing his job at 2/3 the pay he was making.  They were quick about it though just ten minutes.  He is sure they will not oppose his unemployment though  he had a flash drive full of unflattering emails and memos and could easily prove a hostile work environment  add in the fact his girlfriend is going to have a baby any day now they would surly look bad.
"Eat it up.  Wear it out.  Make it do or do without." 

'People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it.'
George Bernard Shaw

Offline Jack

• Reiterative Utterance of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • You don't know Jack.
« Reply #2719 on: April 05, 2014, 08:45:17 PM »

Sounds like the guy you ploughed has been kissing the boss's ass in all the right places.

In this day and age of zero tolerance, it's actually surprising they're not both being dismissed.

Offline Queen Victoria

• Ruler of Aspie Universe
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #2720 on: April 05, 2014, 11:27:57 PM »
I had a wonderful talk with someone about a situation I was uncomfortable with.  The advice helped me gain comfort and confidence.
A good monarch is a treasure. A good politician is an oxymoron.

My brain is both uninhibited and uninhabited.

:qv:

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
« Reply #2721 on: April 06, 2014, 08:06:44 PM »
That sucks, DD.

I hate it how nowadays companies get rid of their long-term, skilled, people, to cut back their costs. It will bite them in the ass, they lose their expertise.

I am one of three who have been there more than two years.

OUr "oldest guy" Has been there since last summer, when all this started.
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #2722 on: April 06, 2014, 08:14:32 PM »
Yeah. It so badly sucks how companies are just dispensing with experienced full time people whenever they can get away with it, to bring on part-timers whom they won't have to give health insurance. What you did to the guy must have hurt like hell but it's hard to have much sympathy for him.

I think to me, the worst part of all this is that they could not do it all above board, so to speak. They had to put false testimonies against me into my write up and then expected me to sign it.

There were three outright lies written into my latest "final warning."

NOthing much I can do. I can see that the big boss is on his way out. There is no way he will survive this latest "Physical Inventory."  Last time's pi s what put HIM in final warning as well. This is why he is writing up every one in sight, on his way out, trying to grasp at straws.  He makes Too Much money as well and has been here too long, but he has let things slip due to his health being in jeopardy over the past three years.

Our store is too much in "violation"  and out inventory integrity is non-existent. Our expected "total inventory"  was over one hundred thousand in the red last time. He went on final notice. I am sure it is even worse this time around. He will not survive this year's  inventory analysis.

NOt sure I can last to his final days, either.

Actually, I am one year away from being able to access my investments with not penalty; three years away from accessing a bit more in the way of social security benefits.  I went to work at this store as a "kind of bridge"  measure to get me to the end game of my life's works.

I am within only a year of making it.
« Last Edit: April 06, 2014, 08:17:09 PM by DirtDawg »
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #2723 on: April 06, 2014, 10:42:21 PM »
It makes me angry just to think about how they've treated you.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #2724 on: April 07, 2014, 03:42:31 AM »

Actually, the company treated me quite well, up to the point where this boss saw his last days inhand and had to remove everyone with tenure and every one with higher wage and everyone with lower scores in the sales grid.

He has to save his ass!  edit : (He has young children starting in college. HE HAS to save his ass!!  He will not.)

I just hope I survive his demise,   but I am still worried ... what comes next may be worse.

I actually have (had for five weeks since the first one) several other menial job interviews open and pending, in theory.

I hope to finish my last menial jobs as something I can stomach before I can fully retire from having to work (about one and one half more years, FFS!).
« Last Edit: April 07, 2014, 03:47:27 AM by DirtDawg »

Offline 'andersom'

• Pure Chocolate Bovine PIMP of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • well known as hyke.
« Reply #2725 on: April 07, 2014, 08:56:03 AM »
Two layers of red made the walls look pretty and evenly covered.
I can do upside down chocolate moo things!

Offline Lestat

• Pharmaceutical dustbin of the autie elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Homo stercore veteris, heterodiem
« Reply #2726 on: April 07, 2014, 10:24:14 AM »
Went into town, it was raining cats and dogs, got absolutely piss wet through.

But day was improved by, when I got to the head shop, the owner let me owe him a bit, as I was just £1.50 short of what I needed to get 3 caps of methiopropamine (analog of meth, where a thiophene ring replaces phenyl), I thought I'd only have enough money for two.

Beyond the pale. Way, way beyond the pale.

Requiescat in pacem, Wolfish, beloved of Pyraxis.

Offline Icequeen

• News Box Slave
  • Insane Postwhore
  • I peopled today.
« Reply #2727 on: April 07, 2014, 02:13:10 PM »

Actually, the company treated me quite well, up to the point where this boss saw his last days inhand and had to remove everyone with tenure and every one with higher wage and everyone with lower scores in the sales grid.

He has to save his ass!  edit : (He has young children starting in college. HE HAS to save his ass!!  He will not.)

I just hope I survive his demise,   but I am still worried ... what comes next may be worse.

I actually have (had for five weeks since the first one) several other menial job interviews open and pending, in theory.

I hope to finish my last menial jobs as something I can stomach before I can fully retire from having to work (about one and one half more years, FFS!).

You will survive...you must be there to eat cake when he is handed his walking papers.  >:D

Hopefully it can only get better, not worse DD.

Offline Jack

• Reiterative Utterance of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • You don't know Jack.
« Reply #2728 on: April 07, 2014, 03:49:01 PM »
If you're being presented with a warning, DirtDawg, even a final one, that's a very good thing. Didn't really expect that result.

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #2729 on: April 07, 2014, 10:11:36 PM »

You will survive...you must be there to eat cake when he is handed his walking papers.  >:D

Hopefully it can only get better, not worse DD.

Thank you for the positivity. I need some of that right now!