Author Topic: Post something good that happened today, Parts Two  (Read 120127 times)

Offline Lestat

• Pharmaceutical dustbin of the autie elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Homo stercore veteris, heterodiem
Re: Post something good that happened today, Parts Two
« Reply #2700 on: March 31, 2014, 07:39:30 AM »
Went into town and got a few things I wanted, some new music, and some stuff for my stash mainly.
Beyond the pale. Way, way beyond the pale.

Requiescat in pacem, Wolfish, beloved of Pyraxis.

Offline Queen Victoria

• Ruler of Aspie Universe
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #2701 on: March 31, 2014, 08:59:20 AM »
Went into town and got a few things I wanted, some new music, and some stuff for my stash mainly.

And the doctor/hospital?
A good monarch is a treasure. A good politician is an oxymoron.

My brain is both uninhibited and uninhabited.

:qv:

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #2702 on: March 31, 2014, 11:11:45 AM »
Finished editing the user guide for our system. I've been meaning to do it for months but something always got in the way.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline bodie

• Reflective Katoptronaphiliac of the Aspie Elite
  • News Box Slave
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • busy re arranging deck chairs on board the Titanic
« Reply #2703 on: March 31, 2014, 01:35:51 PM »
Today,  was a bouncy happy day
:tigger: :lutra:  :tigger:  :lutra:  :tigger:
blah blah blah

Offline 'andersom'

• Pure Chocolate Bovine PIMP of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • well known as hyke.
« Reply #2704 on: April 01, 2014, 01:25:20 AM »
Coffee is happening, right now.
I can do upside down chocolate moo things!

Offline 'andersom'

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • well known as hyke.
« Reply #2705 on: April 01, 2014, 01:25:56 AM »
The cookies were very nice too, they are all gone now.

Offline skyblue1

• Overlooked of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #2706 on: April 01, 2014, 05:21:10 AM »
I woke up

Offline Lestat

• Pharmaceutical dustbin of the autie elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Homo stercore veteris, heterodiem
« Reply #2707 on: April 01, 2014, 10:46:46 AM »
Went on sunday QV.

Good? cold day, but when I got to subway early in the morning on the way to pick up my scripts and kill some time, the lady serving had JUST begun to take the first batches of freshly baked. steaming squishly gooey triple chocolate cookies, spent just enough on cookies and a big sugary black coffee to get enough loyalty card points to get half of my footlong triple extra double roast beef, triple extra double cheeses (only had the sliced kind in store. Wanted shredded too :/) and meatballs, and more or less carpetbombed in black olives)

Found 2 dropped baggies, which on inspection, both turned out to contain a small but serviceable quantity of rather strong bolivian marching candy :P

Found a new e-ciggie, just when the shit early version model I bought broke.
This one is not only one of the expensive models, but much higher quality, and with a bigger battery to boot.

Nipped a potential ice comedown from tartarus neatly in the bud at the zygote stage thanks to my rx being due today.

Got an extra £80-something in my7 bank I didn't expect too today.
Beyond the pale. Way, way beyond the pale.

Requiescat in pacem, Wolfish, beloved of Pyraxis.

Offline Queen Victoria

• Ruler of Aspie Universe
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #2708 on: April 01, 2014, 12:59:06 PM »
Went on sunday QV.

Good? cold day, but when I got to subway early in the morning on the way to pick up my scripts and kill some time, the lady serving had JUST begun to take the first batches of freshly baked. steaming squishly gooey triple chocolate cookies, spent just enough on cookies and a big sugary black coffee to get enough loyalty card points to get half of my footlong triple extra double roast beef, triple extra double cheeses (only had the sliced kind in store. Wanted shredded too :/) and meatballs, and more or less carpetbombed in black olives)

Found 2 dropped baggies, which on inspection, both turned out to contain a small but serviceable quantity of rather strong bolivian marching candy :P

Found a new e-ciggie, just when the shit early version model I bought broke.
This one is not only one of the expensive models, but much higher quality, and with a bigger battery to boot.

Nipped a potential ice comedown from tartarus neatly in the bud at the zygote stage thanks to my rx being due today.

Got an extra £80-something in my7 bank I didn't expect too today.

Black Olives for the win! 
A good monarch is a treasure. A good politician is an oxymoron.

My brain is both uninhibited and uninhabited.

:qv:

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
« Reply #2709 on: April 02, 2014, 01:32:44 AM »

MY "frenemy"  came back to work today. His right arm is in a sling.

He wanted to apologize to me and say that it is over, but he would not take back the write up on the noob that started our argument.

(Honestly, I am just glad he is man enough to not press charges against me for his childishness)

I will never turn my back on him.

:dunno:
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline Pyraxis

• Werewolf Wrangler of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • aka Daria
« Reply #2710 on: April 02, 2014, 07:40:57 AM »
Ugh.

Maybe you could be a reference for the noob if he tries to get a job somewhere else.
You'll never self-actualize the subconscious canopy of stardust with that attitude.

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #2711 on: April 03, 2014, 11:06:59 PM »
Coffee. What else is there?
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
« Reply #2712 on: April 04, 2014, 11:56:37 PM »
Ugh.

Maybe you could be a reference for the noob if he tries to get a job somewhere else.

It is worse than that.

I had to sit through an hour and a half write up ceremony with the "injured"  and the big boss.  They made up shit about me, put it in writing and expected to get me to sign off on it after saying the lies were true for an hour. I was accused of "reading a novel" while I was supposed to be in charge of security and they had photographic proof. (actually I did hold a paperback for a few minutes. It was brand new book, never even had the binding cracked, which I was inspecting as a co-worker walked out the door with it. I did read the back cover, but it was a "friends" brand new book. I never even tried to open it, but it is enough for them to have proof they need.)
They also have "proof" that I was reading a magazine,, instead of doing my job. I was actually glancing through our new buyers' guide, published every month. It is a duty of all of us to know what we a re advertising, right? Anyway, they are twisting the truth in order to get rid of me.

There is another problem with me continuing work. I have been there a long time. I have mentioned that I have already been eliminated from full time work - which means no more employee benefits, which had become substantial due to my extended tenure.  There is also the problem of my wage. If they get me out and hire someone new onto my position, they will only have to pay that person two thirds what my wage is.

Whether I like it or not, I am on my way out. Stupid punk supe thought he could hit me in the parking lot and put me off, but he is the one with a dramatically dislocated elbow (I caught his arm straight out as he swung at me and popped his elbow up from below to about ninety degrees beyond straight out, then grabbed it and raked it about one hundred twenty more degrees around, ripping his shoulder completely out of joint and leaving it sticking out from under his scapula, several inches from home) and shoulder which will end up being far worse than a clean break of either bone as his recovery proceeds. That is why he was unconscious when I was about to pound his face. He was already in shock from the pain.

... but as I can see now what is happening (I have been through this once before remember - from back ten years ago and another job, remember?), I am a target for dismissal, just as are all others who have been there too long.

« Last Edit: April 04, 2014, 11:59:00 PM by DirtDawg »
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline 'andersom'

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • well known as hyke.
« Reply #2713 on: April 05, 2014, 02:24:03 AM »
That sucks, DD.

I hate it how nowadays companies get rid of their long-term, skilled, people, to cut back their costs. It will bite them in the ass, they lose their expertise.

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #2714 on: April 05, 2014, 02:25:30 AM »
That is so fucked up, DD. I get mad just thinking about it.

- Albert Einstein