Author Topic: Post something good that happened today, Parts Two  (Read 120107 times)

TheoK

Re: Post something good that happened today, Parts Two
« Reply #2595 on: December 06, 2013, 06:58:24 PM »
 :agreed:

Offline 'andersom'

• Pure Chocolate Bovine PIMP of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • well known as hyke.
« Reply #2596 on: December 06, 2013, 06:59:24 PM »
I just had an awesome evening, celebrating St. Nic.

Have you been good this year? :santa:

St. Nic. was pleased with all of us.
He had written great poems, and got us laughing a lot.
The presents were good too.
I can do upside down chocolate moo things!

Offline Semicolon

• The Punctuated Equilibrium Of The Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
  • I am an echolalic mastodon.
« Reply #2597 on: December 06, 2013, 07:04:07 PM »

:GA:

If he had come later in the year, he wouldn't have been able to start his sleigh. :orly:
I2 has a smiley for everything. Even a hamster wheel. :hamsterwheel:

Quote from: iamnotaparakeet
Jesus died on the cross to show us that BDSM is a legitimate form of love.
There is only one truth and it is that people do have penises of different sizes and one of them is the longest.

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
« Reply #2598 on: December 06, 2013, 07:51:48 PM »

Again, as I look at these dying plants, there are many just set blooms and a number of young fruit just becoming established.

I have resisted growing gumbo for a number of years, due to the fact that I live in a northern climate = dead freeze of everything in early October. Plants which need many months to grow to fruition are planted in the earliest of spring.  Yet these plants need very warm temps just to germinate.

Next year, I plan to start my okra in my greenhouse (I have a design in mind  of using a simple lightbulb to create a mini oven to raise temps inside one small space) and keep it going until the final freeze.

Had I been more attentive this year, I would have harvested quite a bit more gumbo for the table....Have not figured how to to preserve it yet, except for freezing, but that means only a "soup" will revive it.
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
« Reply #2599 on: December 06, 2013, 09:13:45 PM »
:tard:

You've posted a number of single smilies today.

Curiously, it is usually the "Tard" smilie that he posts, singly

Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #2600 on: December 07, 2013, 02:01:08 AM »
I like  :CanofWorms: and  :GA: more. But  :zoinks: is my favourite.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline Semicolon

• Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
« Reply #2601 on: December 07, 2013, 07:15:06 AM »
:tard:

You've posted a number of single smilies today.

Curiously, it is usually the "Tard" smilie that he posts, singly

He also likes :orly: and :M.

I like  :CanofWorms: and  :GA: more. But  :zoinks: is my favourite.

Perhaps you should immortalize them in a smiley ballet. :P

:CanofWorms::GA:
:zoinks:

There is only one truth and it is that people do have penises of different sizes and one of them is the longest.

Offline Lestat

• Pharmaceutical dustbin of the autie elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Homo stercore veteris, heterodiem
« Reply #2602 on: December 07, 2013, 10:07:32 AM »
Wanted to go into town to buy something from the head shop, but hadn't enough money for both the product I wanted, and a tram ticket to manchester city center. So I waited around at the station, until somebody returning from there dumped their ticket. Checked a couple, and eventually got a passenger's discarded return ticket.

Got there, on my free ride, only to find that the half gram ethylphenidate bags were £12 not half the price of the full gram ones (only had a tenner on me). But the guys that work there know my face, and that I spend a fair bit when I shop there, and that I go in there quite frequently, so were happy to let me off the two quid until monday when I planned to go in there anyhow.

Just wanted a little pick me up, for a couple of days so to speak. The head shop staff/owner recognized a loyal customer. I don't usually want to do business with head shops, save for the likes of pipes, bong downpipes, books etc. As I have a virulent dislike of the whole shitty business model of the 'research chemical' proprietary products. As far as I'm concerned, the sort of compounds sold, should be freely available, as they are, but they should never be branded. I.e if for instance, 5-n-ethyl-aminopropylbenzofuran (aka 5-EAPB, the benzofuran homolog of MDE, where the methylenedioxy ring is substituted for a benzofuran, 1 oxygen, rather than two in the ring attached to the phenyl ring of MDxx, the other methylenedioxy oxygen replaced by carbon, and in the case of 5-EAPB, the entire secondary ring system shifted up a position on the phenyl ring, from 3,4-methylenedioxy to a 5,6-benzofuran, in this case, the 5-position oxygen were it 5,6-methylenedioxy rather than the single oxygen of the benzofuran, is where the O is, rather than the 6-position. The MDA homolog, got sold until banned, under the name 'benzo fury', and now theres a 'benzo fury xtreme'. Thats the sort of shit I don't like. These things should not be marketed, but sold as-is, under their real names, not some stupid fucking branding.)

But this place is pretty decent, and they know what they are selling. I don't think they would sell something they didn't know the identity of. Like, their branded cannabinoid products are all ones that, despite the obvious intent of being smoked, weed leaf packaging and flavoring etc., nevertheless list the chemical ingredients, and in most cases even the inert carrier plant material species used, and how much of each is present by percentage/per weight of inert carrier.

And they seem to have some sense of responsibility about what they sell too. So I do buy there sometimes, if I just want a (albeit fucking pricy) synthetic smoke NOW, same day, rather than buying bulk chemical online, which is far, far cheaper. But then I'd have to wait a day for next day shipping etc.  This place refuses to stock/sell certain things, the sort of things that could well prove dangerous to incautious users that go solely seeking something to get off on, without knowing really what they are doing.
Beyond the pale. Way, way beyond the pale.

Requiescat in pacem, Wolfish, beloved of Pyraxis.

Offline 'andersom'

• Pure Chocolate Bovine PIMP of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • well known as hyke.
« Reply #2603 on: December 07, 2013, 03:52:45 PM »

If he had come later in the year, he wouldn't have been able to start his sleigh. :orly:

What sleigh. We're not having the Coca Cola fiction here.

He came through snow, hail, thunder and lightning, and wind force 10. St. Nic has been brave and awesome. And he comes by boat and horse.  :M  :viking:
I can do upside down chocolate moo things!

Offline Semicolon

• Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
« Reply #2604 on: December 07, 2013, 08:14:11 PM »

What sleigh. We're not having the Coca Cola fiction here.

He came through snow, hail, thunder and lightning, and wind force 10. St. Nic has been brave and awesome. And he comes by boat and horse.  :M  :viking:

That's the mail carrier. :M

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed rounds.

Santa Claus comes in a sleigh led by eight reindeer (nine if you include Rudolph). :smarty:

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #2605 on: December 08, 2013, 03:02:31 AM »
Can't he just beam down?
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline Semicolon

• Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
« Reply #2606 on: December 08, 2013, 07:14:20 AM »
Can't he just beam down?

He does, in a way. He lands his sleigh on the roof of a house, slides down the chimney with his sack full of toys and puts some presents under the tree. :viking:

Offline Lestat

• Pharmaceutical dustbin of the autie elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Homo stercore veteris, heterodiem
« Reply #2607 on: December 08, 2013, 11:07:09 AM »
Found a few kilos of powdered poppy pod in a mixing bowl in the kitchen I had completely forgot about. Right when I was in absolute excruciating pain with my hip and knee even despite oxy, to the extent I don't think I could have made the 10-minute walk to the local shops if I wanted to do so, and got back again. And when I was having a bit of a comedown thanks to spending last night banging ethylphenidate.

Wasn't sure it would be all that good given the age of it, but that was until I tasted the first pot of pod tea. Some of the bitterest, vilest tasting (indicative of high alkaloid content) pods I'd been lucky enough to get from a crop in a long time. Had two pots today, one about 9am, the other just about now, and even the first one alone left me droopy-eyed, barely able to keep from falling asleep face first into my newspaper whilst lazing on top of my bed listening to music. And considering my tolerance to shooting my OC80s thats fucking saying something from pod tea. It can be pretty strong, yes, but THAT strong...damn.

Just waiting for the second brew to absorb its way past the plateful of toad-in-the-hole that followed it down the hatch.

No pain to speak of, at all. I don't get pain free days often now, at all. Right now though, I don't feel like moving one bit..but in a good way for a change :)
Beyond the pale. Way, way beyond the pale.

Requiescat in pacem, Wolfish, beloved of Pyraxis.

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #2608 on: December 08, 2013, 11:22:12 AM »
Can't he just beam down?

He does, in a way. He lands his sleigh on the roof of a house, slides down the chimney with his sack full of toys and puts some presents under the tree. :viking:

Couldn't he just land on the front lawn and use the door?

- Albert Einstein

Offline Semicolon

• Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
« Reply #2609 on: December 08, 2013, 04:41:05 PM »
Can't he just beam down?

Couldn't he just land on the front lawn and use the door?

He might set off burglar alarms that way. Who alarms their chimney?

Besides, the children would hear the door opening. :ninja: