Author Topic: F%$#ed up my hand  (Read 767 times)

Offline Zippo

• psychotic J-DAM of the aspie elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore
  • Click, Click, BOOM!
F%$#ed up my hand
« on: October 30, 2011, 11:39:52 PM »
so today i was cutting a piece of wood with a hand saw that for some strange reason had blades on both sides... only ever seen one like it... but thats not the point of this little bitch

i was holding the board above where the saw was cutting by about a inch. it was straight up in the air and i was cutting downwards... the cutting was iffy and the saw started getting up so i lifted it up about an inch in the cut and pulled the saw out... felt like someone had shoved a syringe in my finger, nothing major.... but i cut myself good, nicked a small artery because bright red blood was pouring down my hand.

before i wrapped my hand in my shirt and went inside to sterilize and bandage it.... i could not help but think "this is fucking cool...."

than i had to sterilize it with hydrogen peroxide .... that hurt like a bitch... more than the cut did... so now i have a fucked up finger, a fucked up shoulder and feel like shit.... they say bad things happen in threes.... maybe ill be the unlucky one and get four...

Zippo, Shotgun Surgeon.
if theres bees in the trap im catching them, by the thorax and abdomen. and sanding there stingers down to a rough quill. then i dip em in ink and i scribble a bit, and if the wriggle than i tickle them until they hold still, let me say it again, in my land of pretend, i use bees as a mother fucking pen!

eris

Re: F%$#ed up my hand
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2011, 03:09:53 AM »
:O

ouch :(

Osensitive1

« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2011, 03:19:37 AM »
Bummer. Have you thought about when was your last tetanus shot?

Offline "couldbecousin"

• Invincible Heisenweeble of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore Beyond Teh Stupid
  • You're goddamn right.
« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2011, 03:38:50 AM »
Bummer. Have you thought about when was your last tetanus shot?

Jack's right, tetanus would be a pretty awful (and preventable) "fourth thing."
 I'd get the hand looked at by a doc if I were you, anyway, and definitely ask about
 getting a tetanus shot.  :viking:
"I'm finding a lot of things funny lately, but I don't think they are."
--- Ripley, Alien Resurrection

"We are grateful for the time we have been given."
--- Edward Walker, The Village

People forget.
--- The Who, "Eminence Front"

Offline bodie

• Reflective Katoptronaphiliac of the Aspie Elite
  • News Box Slave
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • busy re arranging deck chairs on board the Titanic
« Reply #4 on: October 31, 2011, 06:40:11 AM »
Ouch
blah blah blah

Offline lutra

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • nosce te ipsum
« Reply #5 on: October 31, 2011, 07:54:06 AM »

That sucks. Not sure a tetanus shot is needed but maybe best to try to keep the wound clean. Well, in this sense, sticking the finger/wound under cold (gently running) tap water helped me before.
Solum certum nihil esse certi et homine nihil miserius aut superbius.

Offline Zippo

• Elder
  • Postwhore
  • Click, Click, BOOM!
« Reply #6 on: October 31, 2011, 12:43:22 PM »
my last tetanus shot was a while ago but i am still covered.... i checked it a couple months ago, they gave us at the school a fancy little card with a date and everything... the cool thing about it was a week later i was doing work with my dad and stepped on a rusty nail! haha! cheating god out of a perfectly good condition. thanks for your concern though guys

more so than this sucks [because it dosnt really, no pain or nothing] the subject was more i found it cool... i just have the bad habbit of writing the whole back story when i make a post.... i could have just as easily said "I fucked up my hand, cut an artery with a saw, bled alot and i thought it was super cool.

Zippo, Shotgun Surgeon.
if theres bees in the trap im catching them, by the thorax and abdomen. and sanding there stingers down to a rough quill. then i dip em in ink and i scribble a bit, and if the wriggle than i tickle them until they hold still, let me say it again, in my land of pretend, i use bees as a mother fucking pen!

Offline bucephalus

• Part of the Chaos
  • apparently
    • my band
« Reply #7 on: October 31, 2011, 03:30:25 PM »
the last time i did something rather bad to my hand the first thing i said was "Wow"

that is before i even looked at the cut.  there was no swearing or pain or nothing but i was rather annoyed.  zippo, i don't know you per se but i hope it heals up fast :)
« Last Edit: October 31, 2011, 03:34:12 PM by bucephalus »

Offline Zippo

• Elder
  • Postwhore
  • Click, Click, BOOM!
« Reply #8 on: October 31, 2011, 03:37:12 PM »
yeah... i found the no pain odd... and the thought of it as cool even more odd...

thank you for the kind wishes, it was my pinky finger though so i doubt it would matter to much if i lost it.

Zippo, Shotgun Surgeon.

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #9 on: October 31, 2011, 04:29:18 PM »
With cuts I find about a half of the time they hurt very little when you get them and I get them a lot at work.  Sometimes I don't even know till someone comments on the blood.  Your lucky it was not a power saw I saw a guy cut all all the way through and half way across his hand once with a circular saw at work and another time someone cut their thumb completely off :aff: 

"Eat it up.  Wear it out.  Make it do or do without." 

'People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it.'
George Bernard Shaw

Offline Queen Victoria

• Ruler of Aspie Universe
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #10 on: October 31, 2011, 04:40:45 PM »
With cuts I find about a half of the time they hurt very little when you get them and I get them a lot at work.  Sometimes I don't even know till someone comments on the blood.  Your lucky it was not a power saw I saw a guy cut all all the way through and half way across his hand once with a circular saw at work and another time someone cut their thumb completely off :aff:

One of my Mom's uncles by marriage was a butcher.  He had lost most of his fingers in a butchering accident and was on disbility.  Don't know when the accident happened, but I don't ever recall seeing Uncle John with fingers on his right hand.
A good monarch is a treasure. A good politician is an oxymoron.

My brain is both uninhibited and uninhabited.

:qv:

Offline Zippo

• Elder
  • Postwhore
  • Click, Click, BOOM!
« Reply #11 on: October 31, 2011, 04:43:36 PM »

parts, in my entire time working in the high school shop [six years] i have never cut myself... once i got a splinter... i think... yet i have cut myself with a butter knife trying to open a banana...

Zippo, Shotgun Surgeon.

Offline Queen Victoria

• Ruler of Aspie Universe
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #12 on: October 31, 2011, 04:47:15 PM »

parts, in my entire time working in the high school shop [six years] i have never cut myself... once i got a splinter... i think... yet i have cut myself with a butter knife trying to open a banana...

At least you weren't my Mom.  She walked into the living room and said, "Lester can you get this out of my finger?"  She was trying to break off a bit of frozen butter with a fork and managed to push the fork all the way through her finger, bending the tines around the bone. 
A good monarch is a treasure. A good politician is an oxymoron.

My brain is both uninhibited and uninhabited.

:qv:

Offline Zippo

• Elder
  • Postwhore
  • Click, Click, BOOM!
« Reply #13 on: October 31, 2011, 04:52:58 PM »

At least you weren't my Mom.  She walked into the living room and said, "Lester can you get this out of my finger?"  She was trying to break off a bit of frozen butter with a fork and managed to push the fork all the way through her finger, bending the tines around the bone.

my mother once split her head open once on the counter while running to hug my grandfather as a child...

also i once made some blade-heavy throwing weapons out of forks in psych ward... snuck them into my room. one of them ended up stuck into a stud and i got in shit when a staff member came in to hear what the racket was and found me pulling forks out of the wall.... youth psych wards are very badly policed...

Zippo, Shotgun Surgeon.

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #14 on: October 31, 2011, 05:39:59 PM »
I have a friend whose father was a shop teacher and cut off part of his thumb while demonstrating how to safely use a table saw to students
"Eat it up.  Wear it out.  Make it do or do without." 

'People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it.'
George Bernard Shaw