Author Topic: How well did you sleep last night?  (Read 32358 times)

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
Re: How well did you sleep last night?
« Reply #540 on: November 28, 2012, 12:21:50 AM »
Didn't sleep enough.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline Lestat

• Pharmaceutical dustbin of the autie elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Homo stercore veteris, heterodiem
« Reply #541 on: November 28, 2012, 02:14:50 AM »
Why the pacifier, kitt? a sensory toy? (although I guess when used on infants and young kids then that is more or less the point of them to begin with)

If not, aren't you a bit old for them? Please, don't think me rude, or mocking you, I'm not, but asking an honest question.

Wouldn't be my thing personally though, and lol it would likely get tangled and snagged on my metalwork were I for some reason to want one.

Hope you are feeling better over your GI issues btw.

I didn't sleep at all last night, I was being kept busy online by a pretty...fresh..young mom of two, as well as my usual 'perseveration', as curebie bigot types would call it, in terms of furthering my understanding of the sciences, natural history, (pre/ancient)history, medicine, physiology, genetics, etc.

Hyperfocussing and perseverating away, and liking it that way, until I realized it was something like 8:30-9am. So I slept during the day instead, which is not unusual for me. I have weird sleeping patterns...perhaps not so much that it could reasonably be called  a circadian rhythm.

Perhaps I should invest a few £££ and buy myself some melatonin via ebay, unlike the rest of the modern world, it can't be bought off the shelves in health food shops and/or pharmacies here, being rx only. And its DAMN hard to get a  script for melatonin here in the UK at all.

I could only get it because I showed some research journals about us auties/aspies having lower levels of it. Massive fuckabout just for some melatonin, so ebay it is.

I'm sleepy now, time to turn in. Fucking freezing outside though, might be sleeping in my robe tonight. Uggh...after I've gone out and got some fags.
Beyond the pale. Way, way beyond the pale.

Requiescat in pacem, Wolfish, beloved of Pyraxis.

Offline Natalia Evans

• Spokane Tour Guide of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #542 on: November 28, 2012, 03:04:54 AM »
What's GI?

I am an AB/DL so I have some baby items. I gave lot of them to my son after I had him though and it was for temporary use. The pacifiers I didn't give him and he had his own and he didn't use them much. Then he found mine and started playing with them and putting them in his mouth. I had to hide them. He found my husband's and he took it outside and it's still left out in the yard. I even have adult sized baby clothes but I don't wear them often. Only the pajamas. They look just like regular pajamas except they have snaps in the legs and they are barely noticeable.

Offline lutra

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • nosce te ipsum
« Reply #543 on: November 28, 2012, 03:45:04 AM »
Slept okay but not that long. As of late I wake up quite early. Oh well..
Solum certum nihil esse certi et homine nihil miserius aut superbius.

Offline Lestat

• Pharmaceutical dustbin of the autie elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Homo stercore veteris, heterodiem
« Reply #544 on: November 28, 2012, 04:24:06 AM »
GI is short for gastrointestinal, E.g the GI tract-stomach, intestines, rectum etc.

Not sure what an AB/DL is.

S'blood it was COLD out when I went to get my rolling papers, baccy and food/drink/candy. Aside from my combat fatigues, which are nice and warm, I had a shirt on, warm dressing gown/robe over it, leather coat over that, all wrapped in a winter greatcoat, leather gloves, and it was still colder than an icecube made from the waters of the river Styx.

I don't like winter. Snow looks nice, sure, just as long as I'm not out in it, the cold plays hell with my knee and hip joints, and on a particularly frigid day, my big toe on the same side, from where I stepped on a sea urchin whilst in turkey.
Beyond the pale. Way, way beyond the pale.

Requiescat in pacem, Wolfish, beloved of Pyraxis.

midlifeaspie

« Reply #545 on: November 28, 2012, 09:44:56 AM »
Not sure what an AB/DL is.

Adult Baby / Diaper Lover

I thought we went over this.  She shits in a diaper because it gets her husband off to clean it up.

midlifeaspie

« Reply #546 on: November 28, 2012, 09:50:38 AM »
I slept awful last night.  I had a 90 minute practice exam at 9:30 pm, so I drank some caffeine at 7 in an attempt to be more alert.  This worked, but left me jittery at bedtime.  I took a double dose of melatonin in an attempt to stave off the stimulant (2mg instead of 1mg) and this did really screwy things to me.  Got really, really tired, but couldn't get over that edge to actual sleep.  I blame the caffeine

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #547 on: November 28, 2012, 03:47:49 PM »
Caffeine never does that to me except when I've taken too much Ritalin.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

midlifeaspie

« Reply #548 on: November 28, 2012, 03:52:10 PM »

I'm sensitive to it.  It sucks, because I pretty much require it to live now :(

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #549 on: November 28, 2012, 03:56:32 PM »

Sucks for me, too, because I always want that when taking caffeine since everyone else keeps sating it's what supposed to happen. It never does. :(

- Albert Einstein

midlifeaspie

« Reply #550 on: November 28, 2012, 04:00:47 PM »

Sucks for me, too, because I always want that when taking caffeine since everyone else keeps sating it's what supposed to happen. It never does. :(

I'm sure Lestat can suggest something else that might work.  He seems to know a thing or two about pharmaceuticals.  :zoinks:

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #551 on: November 28, 2012, 04:02:30 PM »

I'm sure Lestat can suggest something else that might work.  He seems to know a thing or two about pharmaceuticals.  :zoinks:

Thanks but I'll pass on that one. I am what I am.

- Albert Einstein

midlifeaspie

« Reply #552 on: November 28, 2012, 04:03:12 PM »

Thanks but I'll pass on that one. I am what I am.

Probably for the best if you want to stay that way :)

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #553 on: November 28, 2012, 04:21:17 PM »
I need eye drops, though.

- Albert Einstein

midlifeaspie

« Reply #554 on: November 28, 2012, 04:23:16 PM »