Educational

Author Topic: How well did you sleep last night?  (Read 32362 times)

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
Re: How well did you sleep last night?
« Reply #1515 on: May 21, 2020, 02:39:14 AM »
More than I thought I would. I guess I compensated for the last several nights.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline Lord of the Ales

• Elder
  • Postwhore
  • Will work for beer
    • Last.fm thingy
« Reply #1516 on: May 21, 2020, 06:54:50 AM »
Like shit, too warm. Even a skinful of lager didn't do the trick·  :yawn:
arsebiscuits!

Retired despot, landlord and shitstirrer :deadhorse:

Offline Phoenix

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #1517 on: May 21, 2020, 07:21:53 AM »
^ I'm miserable if it's too warm at night. I think I'm one of those people who would die without A/C  :laugh:

Slept pretty good last night except for the 12:50am trip to the loo when I suddenly decided I absolutely had to have to bread with peanut butter before going back to sleep
“To rise, first you must burn.”
― Hiba Fatima Ahmad

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #1518 on: May 22, 2020, 01:49:56 AM »
OK-ish.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline Phoenix

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #1519 on: May 22, 2020, 06:17:12 AM »
^ this
― Hiba Fatima Ahmad

Offline postpaleo

• Part of the Chaos
« Reply #1520 on: May 25, 2020, 12:13:42 AM »
I'm vitamin D deprived, blood work says so. Not surprising because I am a recluse and can get away with it now. Doc said get some, so I did. It was like taking LSD or something akin to it. The dreams were horrible. Living color nightmares. He never mentioned such a thing. Over the course of time I stopped taking it and then it was suggested, through a conversation, I take it in the morning and not at night. That has helped, but the dreams are still more pronounced, but easier to handle. I'm doing a smaller dose too.

In hind sight, I wonder. If part of my diet and my habit of not liking to go outside is part of a "the body is telling me". I hope that makes sense. There are some real pros and cons to that statement, I think, and vitamin D, perhaps others.

I've never been able to do it, but my Father had PTSD from the war (WW2, B-17 gunner) and he had a habit of sleeping with one foot out from under the covers and I know why he did it. Heat brings it on. Point is, you don't have to have been in combat to have PTSD.

Sleep sometimes is my enemy and sometimes the only thing that saves me. One little trick I learned in the Army is the cat nap and it will get you through a lot for a little while. Naps are your friend and it sometimes is just that moment you catch before real sleep and the wake that can get you through more. I hope that makes sense too.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2020, 12:43:45 AM by postpaleo »

Offline Jack

• Reiterative Utterance of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • You don't know Jack.
« Reply #1521 on: May 25, 2020, 04:09:18 AM »
I'm vitamin D deprived, blood work says so. Not surprising because I am a recluse and can get away with it now. Doc said get some, so I did. It was like taking LSD or something akin to it. The dreams were horrible. Living color nightmares. He never mentioned such a thing. Over the course of time I stopped taking it and then it was suggested, through a conversation, I take it in the morning and not at night. That has helped, but the dreams are still more pronounced, but easier to handle. I'm doing a smaller dose too.

In hind sight, I wonder. If part of my diet and my habit of not liking to go outside is part of a "the body is telling me". I hope that makes sense. There are some real pros and cons to that statement, I think, and vitamin D, perhaps others.

I've never been able to do it, but my Father had PTSD from the war (WW2, B-17 gunner) and he had a habit of sleeping with one foot out from under the covers and I know why he did it. Heat brings it on. Point is, you don't have to have been in combat to have PTSD.

Sleep sometimes is my enemy and sometimes the only thing that saves me. One little trick I learned in the Army is the cat nap and it will get you through a lot for a little while. Naps are your friend and it sometimes is just that moment you catch before real sleep and the wake that can get you through more. I hope that makes sense too.
Jack is also vitamin D deficient, though over the counter supplements aren't working. Was very recently given a prescription level dose to take for a few months. Will see how that works out.

Offline SBI_Patience

• It all happens in the Aspies Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore
  • Patience² = Banter&¾
    • Midnight's Instagram
« Reply #1522 on: May 25, 2020, 04:27:13 AM »

Loved those naps in between the all day shifts, helped me through it all.

Depends on what you've been eating, junk food generally tend to from time to time makes me feel lazy and sluggish generally. Lack of nutrients is not good. I tend to cook a whole lot more and it's helped quite a bit surpassingly. Vitamin D is a lack of iron I assume (don't know why I always forget that) but you'll find that eating a whole lot more fish should improve the vitamin D intake and being outside helps also.

Your right, you don't have to be in combat to have PTSD. Generally anything traumatic causes PTSD.
Formerly known as superboyian.
i2 is well better than watching daytime TV. :zoinks:

Offline Lord of the Ales

• Elder
  • Postwhore
  • Will work for beer
    • Last.fm thingy
« Reply #1523 on: May 25, 2020, 08:08:00 AM »
Didn't get much. I'm paggered.  :zzz:
arsebiscuits!

Offline Phoenix

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #1524 on: May 25, 2020, 08:16:54 AM »
I got 2 hours. I'm completely knackered. Figured it wasn't so bad and I could go to bed when HB got up since he's on afternoons this week and wake up before he leaves but then they called him in for overtime so that idea has flown the coop.
― Hiba Fatima Ahmad

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #1525 on: May 26, 2020, 07:48:02 AM »

Jack is also vitamin D deficient, though over the counter supplements aren't working. Was very recently given a prescription level dose to take for a few months. Will see how that works out.

Me too. I was prescribed the stronger stuff and it's finally starting to help.

- Albert Einstein

Offline Lord of the Ales

• Elder
  • Postwhore
  • Will work for beer
    • Last.fm thingy
« Reply #1526 on: May 26, 2020, 08:02:51 AM »
pretty crap but better than yesterday
arsebiscuits!

Offline Phoenix

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #1527 on: May 26, 2020, 08:03:14 AM »
It sucked
― Hiba Fatima Ahmad

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #1528 on: May 26, 2020, 02:48:50 PM »
OK-ish.

- Albert Einstein

Offline renaeden

• Complicated Case of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #1529 on: May 26, 2020, 09:12:58 PM »
Not bad until 5:30am.
Mildly Cute in a Retarded Way
Tek'ma'tae