Educational

Author Topic: How well did you sleep last night?  (Read 32362 times)

Offline 'andersom'

• Pure Chocolate Bovine PIMP of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • well known as hyke.
Re: How well did you sleep last night?
« Reply #945 on: July 01, 2017, 07:10:15 AM »
I have only been taking it for a week. 2mgs before bed. I was taking haloperidol before which worked but was blocking the positive effects of dexamphetamine (for ADHD). I would like to try Abilify (aripiprazole) but I can't afford it. My friend said what about clonidine so I think I will ask the psych next week when I phone him.

Maybe the dosage is too high for you.

Kid had sideffects on 0,5 mg already. (Even on 0,25 mg).
Abilify works more activating than risperidone and can increase restlessness. Might be a horror if you want it for ticks. But for some it works well.
I can do upside down chocolate moo things!

Offline renaeden

• Complicated Case of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #946 on: July 01, 2017, 07:18:31 AM »
I have only been taking it for a week. 2mgs before bed. I was taking haloperidol before which worked but was blocking the positive effects of dexamphetamine (for ADHD). I would like to try Abilify (aripiprazole) but I can't afford it. My friend said what about clonidine so I think I will ask the psych next week when I phone him.

Abilify works more activating than risperidone and can increase restlessness. Might be a horror if you want it for ticks. But for some it works well.
Yeah, could be too high. But I don't know if a higher or lower dose would help stop the tics.

I didn't realise before that 5mg of haloperidol every night was a pretty high dose. The pharmacist told me.
Mildly Cute in a Retarded Way
Tek'ma'tae

Offline Phoenix

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #947 on: July 01, 2017, 12:27:56 PM »

Yeah, could be too high. But I don't know if a higher or lower dose would help stop the tics.

I didn't realise before that 5mg of haloperidol every night was a pretty high dose. The pharmacist told me.
2 weeks isn't a lot of time to figure out if it works or not. I would jot down your concerns about what you're one, what you're considering and see what he/she says. That way you're making an informed decision. Figuring out meds can be really frustrating.
“To rise, first you must burn.”
― Hiba Fatima Ahmad

Offline lutra

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • nosce te ipsum
« Reply #948 on: July 02, 2017, 01:54:18 PM »
I've been sleeping quite okay the last couple of weeks. Not always getting up as fit as I like to, sometimes neck hurts/tinnitus on high or sometimes legs seem to not had a proper rest during the night but it's not that bad as of late.

Been quite an awful 'sleeper' since my puberty days.. more or less so (I confess). Well, at times, for sure..

A good night's sleep is golden, I say..
Solum certum nihil esse certi et homine nihil miserius aut superbius.

Offline Phoenix

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #949 on: July 02, 2017, 03:58:19 PM »
Fireworks going off plagued one of the dogs who leaped into my bed out of fear and promptly sat ON MY HEAD. I was sound asleep so it scared the heck out of me. Pushed her off my head, got her lay down stretched out beside me and she had the vibrate/panting feature turned up on high. So threw an arm over her and let the bed shake. Not much could be done until the fireworks stopped and then she jumped off and went to lay on the floor again.
― Hiba Fatima Ahmad

Offline 'andersom'

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • well known as hyke.
« Reply #950 on: July 03, 2017, 04:33:48 AM »
Too short. Though I must have slept after five am too, because I woke so many times from weird dreams.

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #951 on: July 04, 2017, 12:26:37 AM »
Not nearly enough.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline lutra

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • nosce te ipsum
« Reply #952 on: July 04, 2017, 04:27:59 AM »
The night before yesterday was a bad one but luckily last night I slept quite well. Feel fit today.
Solum certum nihil esse certi et homine nihil miserius aut superbius.

Offline Phoenix

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #953 on: July 04, 2017, 06:44:06 AM »
Much better. Pain meds kicked in and it was just nice to be in bed and off my legs for such a long chunk of time.
― Hiba Fatima Ahmad

Offline Lestat

• Pharmaceutical dustbin of the autie elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Homo stercore veteris, heterodiem
« Reply #954 on: July 04, 2017, 09:21:06 AM »
Yeah clonidine I reccomend too my dear. I take it daily. And it isn't an antipsychotic/neuroleptic which really aren't nice generally. And can produce profound and indeed sometimes permanent side effects of a truly terrible nature. ANY of the APs however, are superior to haloperidol, and perhaps the other butyrophenone antipsychotics, of which haldol is one, I have not calculated the potential for each to dock with monoamine oxidases and be metabolized intracellularly into a charged, lethally cytotoxic metabolite like HPP/HPP+ (it enters the cell uncharged as HPP, the haldol metabolite, which IS formed, this as known a fact and indisputable as is the fact that morphia comes from the opium poppy and that strychnine is a convulsant poison in excess dose. Simple, researched, known, scientific fact. It DOES produce this neurotoxin, and the damage is chronic and cumulative, this stuff causes brain damage and whilst tranquilizing a raging out of control frank psychotic during a schizophrenic violent episode is one thing, dosing anybody daily with this AP cannot be justified. It LITERALLY shrinks brain matter, erodes it, and specifically targets the nigrostriatal tract, a part of the brain composed of the striatum, involved in pleasure, reward, incentive salience and task-orientation, goal seeking capacity. And the substantia nigra, which, like the striatum is a part of the brain LOADED with DAT (dopamine transporter) with which the cells can take up the uncharged HPP and MAO-b the neurological isoform of monoamine oxidase (primarily selective for dopamine, as opposed to monoamine oxidase-a which is primarily selective for noradrenaline/adrenaline and for serotonin, the MAOIs used as antidepressants, with the exception primarily of selegiline are MAO-A inhibitors (the PNS isoform), moclobemide being a reversible (I.e competitive) MAO inhibitor, at least I think its competitive, It may work via an allosteric site, can't remember but if you wish me to find out  just say so and it will take me but moments to determine its binding profile with monoamine oxidase type A. Selegiline is a MAO-b inhibitor save for at high doses when it produces a crossover into being a dual inhibitor of MAO-b and MAO-a and is the main common MAO-b inhibitor. Clinical MAOIs are almost all of the MAO-a inhibitor type though)

And ANY alternative to haloperidol is a good and truly advisable thing, this stuff is a NEUROTOXIN of a nasty ass nature. The uncharged form is uptaken via dopamine transporters (DAT) into the cytoplasm, metabolised to quaternary cationionic form, HPP+, which carries an electrical charge, this renders it trapped within the cell where it then goes on to produce reactive oxidant species which destroy the cells, particularly those of the substantia nigra. This is the region of the brain containing that population of dopaminergic neurons which controls voluntary movement, and with its destructive effects makes those taking it longterm more susceptible to a kind of chemically induced parkison's disease (permanent in nature rather than transient and can be severe), a modality of toxicity first observed in a particularly nasty incident, the 'case of the frozen addicts'

In this, some clandestine chemists took to producing a reverse ester derivative of one of the prodine family opioids (related to pethidine, aka meperidine, as well as things like ketobemidone and the other bemidones), only they during a run, tried to shortcut an acylation step, needing to dose their opioid, a bf and gf, and this involved increasing the temperature by removing cooling at the critical acylation step resulting in a loss of a molecule of propionic anhydride by dehydration-elimination producing a methylphenyltetrahydropyridine, or MPTP for short. This is metabolised to the corresponding methylphenyltetrahydropyridinium cation once uptaken by DAT and acted upon intracellularly by MAO-b producing the pyridinium cation, and locking it in cells for oxidant species to be generated, killing the cell. This produced a rapid and incredibly severe parkinsonian toxicity which left the two effectively locked into their own bodies, crippled for life, after the standard L-DOPA/carbidopa (or other DOPA decarboxylase peripheral inhibitor (without one of the latter, L-DOPA gets metabolized to dopamine before it crosses the blood-brain barrier and so just gets chewed up and shat out by monoamine oxidases quick as you can say 'the renster gives me the warm fuzzlies' so cannot do its job.

It left them locked in, with massively severe, advanced parkinson's disease. They were (dubiously) lucky to be discovered and not to have stayed there, locked in, until they starved to death.

Haldols metabolite HPP is obviously introduced to the body in smaller quantities since it as a metabolite is dose-dependent in the quantity produced in-vivo, more cannot be produced than what exists to produce it FROM, of course. But damage is done, slowly over time and haloperidol, IMO should long, long have been tossed onto the vast scrapheap of failed and recalled medicines for this reason. You take this stuff into your old age and it'll fuck you in the ass via your eyesockets with a bifurcated dog knob on a red hot stick. It eats brains. And yours is a lovely, tasty brain that should be kept in one piece.

For an activating AP (via different reasons than most), have you tried amisulpiride or sulpiride? it has weak effects on the GHB receptor, producing at low doses, activating effects separate from its antidopaminergic D2 type antagonism (common to all APs). I think it may well help with depression too. These effects are unique to amisulpiride and sulpiride, other APs do not possess this GHBr affinity.

But any of them are less noxious than haloperidol. This stuff ain't a medicine, its a poison. A cumulative, nasty ass kind of poison too. Its an archaic, NOTORIOUSLY side-effect-laden, even amongst its class, member of the APs that never should have remained on the market, stocks should have been shipped to the third world medical systems until they disappeared, or else forced down the throat of politiciansf;sf,am pcj         j                  .

All the APs can have foul side effects but the rest at least do not have this chronic, cumulative specific mode of cytotoxicity, makes haldol one nasty, posonous, outmoded,noxious heap of shite.

Miss K my dear one, you have pain meds now? did you get my PM? tell me you got something proper, not ome worthless fob-off dungheap paracetamol or worse. My offer is still open if you need it and have no legit pain meds.
Beyond the pale. Way, way beyond the pale.

Requiescat in pacem, Wolfish, beloved of Pyraxis.

Offline Lestat

• Pharmaceutical dustbin of the autie elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Homo stercore veteris, heterodiem
« Reply #955 on: July 04, 2017, 09:26:18 AM »
*me checks on miss K and makes sure her pillow is plumped, her quilt fluffed, a hot water bottle nice and toasty by the bedside, sheets clean and both cold beer and if need be bottles to piss in available, gently squeezes a non-painful bit of her hand and brushes a stray strand of that pretty blonde hair out of the way of her face whilst checking up*

Offer is open, read the PM if you haven't. For me, I can compensate adequately enough through my dark arts don't you worry. Let me know what you think m'ilady. I can't stomach the thought of you hurting easily. Those are eyes that should be shining brightly with the light of the smile that should light them up sparkling like miniature H-bomb flashes.
Beyond the pale. Way, way beyond the pale.

Requiescat in pacem, Wolfish, beloved of Pyraxis.

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #956 on: July 04, 2017, 01:15:22 PM »
Pretty good despite being woken up a couple times due to fireworks
"Eat it up.  Wear it out.  Make it do or do without." 

'People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it.'
George Bernard Shaw

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #957 on: July 06, 2017, 12:31:22 AM »
Well but not enough.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline Phoenix

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #958 on: July 06, 2017, 07:10:11 AM »
*me checks on miss K and makes sure her pillow is plumped, her quilt fluffed, a hot water bottle nice and toasty by the bedside, sheets clean and both cold beer and if need be bottles to piss in available, gently squeezes a non-painful bit of her hand and brushes a stray strand of that pretty blonde hair out of the way of her face whilst checking up*

Offer is open, read the PM if you haven't. For me, I can compensate adequately enough through my dark arts don't you worry. Let me know what you think m'ilady. I can't stomach the thought of you hurting easily. Those are eyes that should be shining brightly with the light of the smile that should light them up sparkling like miniature H-bomb flashes.
No worries about me. I'm totally good and being well taken care of and have everything that I need.
― Hiba Fatima Ahmad

Offline 'andersom'

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • well known as hyke.
« Reply #959 on: July 07, 2017, 04:06:16 PM »
Would love a decent night. Will not mind waking a few times, as long as I can sleep in between. No matter what day it is, what I drank or did not drink, what time I started sleeping, I'm wide awake around 5 am or earlier, lately.