Educational

Author Topic: LeeJosepho - Moderator Genius  (Read 1099 times)

midlifeaspie

LeeJosepho - Moderator Genius
« on: October 19, 2011, 01:02:29 PM »
leejosepho   
Posted: Sun Feb 06, 2011 5:49 am    Post subject: leejosepho's log/blog
re: http://www.wrongplanet.net/postt150986.html
("Do you pee in front of your significant other?")

Getting my feet wet here ...

This thread is obviously *not* about bodily function/s, so I actually helped to keep it going after someone else had suggested otherwise. However, I have since removed a comment someone made about wanting to pee *on* one or more people and I have sent the following PM to MCalavera:

=============
Your comment here crossed the line related to bodily function:

http://www.wrongplanet.net/postt150986.html

leejosepho   
Posted: Mon Feb 07, 2011 6:12 am    Post subject:
re: http://www.wrongplanet.net/posts150986-start15.html

I have edited this:

=============
Yes, I pee and sh** in front of my wife all the time (in the toilet - she'd think I was nuts, otherwise), and she does the same. Our daughter has seen us empty our bowels and bladders, too - I don't want her growing up with the notion that natural bodily functions are shameful. But we use separate tooth brushes - go figure.

-Bill, otherwise known as Kraichgauer
=============

into this:

=============
Yes ... (partial edit by ljo)
Our daughter has seen us ... (partial edit by ljo)
I don't want her growing up with the notion that natural bodily functions are shameful. But we use separate tooth brushes - go figure.

-Bill, otherwise known as Kraichgauer
=============

"Easy, folks. Graphical representations are not required while answering the simple question of whether or not you can use the facility in front of your significant other."

leejosepho   
Posted: Wed Feb 09, 2011 4:49 am    Post subject:
PM to channing28105:

==============
Hi.

I have moved one of your threads to here and I have made a slight edit:

http://www.wrongplanet.net/postp3363485.html#3363485

Please let me know if you might like for me to do anything else.

Lee
==============

leejosepho   
Posted: Wed Feb 09, 2011 5:37 pm    Post subject:
PM to Orwell:

=======
Please go back and remove "dolt" and your other significant attacks here:

http://www.wrongplanet.net/posts150951-start105.html

I thank you.
=======

leejosepho   
Posted: Wed Feb 09, 2011 6:22 pm    Post subject:
PM to "murphycop":

========
This thread has evolved to a point where it belongs in PPR:

http://www.wrongplanet.net/postxf151175-0-30.html

Also, this is now an official warning to you about personal attacks.
========

leejosepho   
Posted: Thu Feb 10, 2011 8:47 am    Post subject:
PM to MasterJedi:

========
The lack of a men's forum here has nothing to do with or in relation to LGBT. So, I have moved your new thread away from public view.
========

leejosepho   
Posted: Thu Feb 10, 2011 5:03 pm    Post subject:
PM related to my moving two threads per request:

Bloodheart wrote:
Hello leejosepho,

Thank you for sending me a PM letting me know this, much appreciated.

If you could edit/delete two posts it would be hugely beneficial - they're nothing bad, it's just my partner may be joining and I didn't think before posting these, I'd rather have these removed if at all possible;
http://www.wrongplanet.net/postp3366078.html&highlight=#3366078
http://www.wrongplanet.net/postp3324978.html&highlight=#3324978

Promise it won't be a regular occurrence.

Jayjay

leejosepho   
Posted: Fri Feb 11, 2011 6:43 am    Post subject:
PM to Squid Thing:

=============
This post has been removed from public view because it is in violation of WP rules related to attacks or derogatory remarks.

Squid_Thing wrote:
Because like Iamnotahomosexual (Iamnotaparakeet) , they're usually in denial   

I wouldn't say its christians per-say who would object to homosexuality more so the extra-deluded ones.
Just my perspective anyway 

=============

leejosepho   
Posted: Fri Feb 11, 2011 10:46 am    Post subject:
re: http://www.wrongplanet.net/postt151539.html

PM to murphycom and blue_bean:

================
This kind of speculation and innuendo is unacceptable:

murphycop wrote:
blue_bean wrote:
League_Girl wrote:
blue_bean wrote:
Some random chick with less than 100 posts called kinftw.

I'd prefer WP mods to be someone people have actually HEARD of

What? kinftw is a new mod too?

Well I just saw her username in green. Alex's current lady squeeze or something I'm guessing.

That would be very wrong if thats the case. I didn't know when people said you need to earn the right to be a mod, they meant it in that way.

================

leejosepho   
Posted: Fri Feb 11, 2011 11:22 am    Post subject:
re: http://www.wrongplanet.net/postt151544.html

PM to 'keet:

==============
I do understand your issues and concern, but I have removed this post because we are not to publicly discuss other members.

iamnotaparakeet wrote:
leejosepho wrote:
Dame_Edna wrote:
I think you appear to my readings to be very fair and even-handed but without the ability to know what had been presented and said, it makes your position rather difficult.

Acknowledged, and that is why I have asked folks to break me in gently here.

Here would be Volodja's continuation of the type of replying to me he started in my WP.Net thread in which I requested a subforum for Conservative Christians:

http://www.wrongplanet.net/postp3367929.html&highlight=#3367929

Namely, this is where he started the "you're so gay" rhetoric.

==============

leejosepho   
Posted: Fri Feb 11, 2011 11:41 am    Post subject:
re: inflammatory question posted to iamnotaparakeet:

My PM to Squid_Thing:

==============
I am too new at moderating to discern who is trolling and who is not, so I have simply removed this from your second post here on WP:

Oh btw how's your husband? 
==============

leejosepho   
Posted: Fri Feb 11, 2011 7:24 pm    Post subject:
PM to "ikorack":

================
Hi.

I have removed some of your post in the thread about bullying, but not because you have done anything wrong. Rather, I have only removed everything directly tied to iamnotaparakeet at the personal level.

Please let me know if you have any thoughts or questions about that.

Lee
================

leejosepho   
Posted: Mon Feb 14, 2011 4:42 am    Post subject:
PM to TheKing:

=================
I have removed the following from your posts here:

http://www.wrongplanet.net/postp3375947.html#3375947

Quote:
God soo lazy arent you

your pathetic you know that?

for your own incompetence you stupid ignorant religious nut-job SOB troll!!

=================

leejosepho   
Posted: Mon Feb 14, 2011 5:34 pm    Post subject:
PM to Nambo:

re:http://www.wrongplanet.net/posts150223-start75.html

==============
I hear your passion, but this is the beginning of a flame war and I have removed it:

Quote:
Still, as the very word Nazi has now become so associated with mass murder and ethnic cleansing, and any defence of such now identifies a poster as being a "Nazi", can you prove therefore that you yourself are not a Nazi?

==============

leejosepho   
Posted: Tue Feb 15, 2011 8:26 am    Post subject:
PM to SCPOlympics:

==================
Your thread has been removed from public vew, but I thought you might appreciate this response:

SPCOlympics wrote:
Is there an appropriate place in WrongPlanet to list used media for sale that might help other parents? Is it ok to list in this forum?

I am not aware of any specific rule about that, but I do know WP does not have a "classifieds" section.

Also, http://www.alibris.com/ is a very reputable site for handling both new and used books and so on.
==================

leejosepho   
Posted: Tue Feb 15, 2011 8:35 am    Post subject:
PM to Brianruns10:

============
I have removed some unacceptable comment from your post:

http://www.wrongplanet.net/postt151927.html
============

leejosepho   
Posted: Tue Feb 15, 2011 5:43 pm    Post subject:
PM to Oaglor:

Quote:
Hi.

Please reduce the lines in your signature to six:

===================
WrongPlanet Rules Excerpt

* Signatures should be no more than 6 lines long and may not contain any images or scripts of any kind.
===================

http://www.wrongplanet.net/forums-profile-viewprofile-u-45952.html

leejosepho   
Posted: Tue Feb 15, 2011 5:54 pm    Post subject:
PM to Beauty_pact:

Quote:
I have removed your solicitation for "death formula".

http://www.wrongplanet.net/postp3380358.html#3380358

PM #2:

Quote:
Dead would be dead, and your mother would certainly be devastated.

Beauty_pact wrote:
leejosepho wrote:
I have removed your solicitation for "death formula".

Okay, thanks a lot. I'm sure my mother will appreciate finding me with a cut up throat, instead.

OP response:

Beauty_pact wrote:
Thanks for removing my request, by the way. -_-;; Kind of ironic, in a way, but whatever, won't go into that.

midlifeaspie

Re: LeeJosepho - Moderator Genius
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2011, 01:04:25 PM »
leejosepho   
Posted: Wed Feb 16, 2011 9:27 am    Post subject:
I am undecided as to whether or not this member is either part of or at least in sympathy with the I2 crew possibly planning a new sally on iamnotaparakeet:

http://www.wrongplanet.net/forums-profile-viewprofile-u-45995.html

I have had various PM discussions with him and would like to believe he is legit, but NathaA and I think one other really had me fooled before. So, I simply continue watching while hoping nothing more ever actually happens. Also, I just made a post out on the board to subtly give 'keet some thoughts to ponder himself:

leejosepho wrote:
iamnotaparakeet wrote:
... a topical subforum pertaining to history is something I had requested months ago. Alex claimed the reason he wouldn't do such is because there weren't enough threads to justify it. However, it appears that having enough threads to justify the opening of a subforum doesn't matter to Alex anymore.

Alleged appearances can be deceiving, and innuendo or conjecture against Alex is no more acceptable here than people going after alleged 'phobics.

(remainder of post regarding subforums removed here)

midlifeaspie

« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2011, 01:05:19 PM »
leejosepho   
Posted: Wed Feb 16, 2011 11:39 am    Post subject:
@Sallamandrina:

Squid_Thing has already been banned, and (according to reports from Dox47) we now know Butterflies is a/the mastermind behind the overall "'keet attack" situation. I am going to go now and remove the few Butterflies posts not already removed from public view, and here below is the evidence I present as justification for now also banning Butterflies completely since her very own words clearly show her specific reason for joing WP (as here excerpted from some discussion about who might be up to what):

Natty_Boh wrote:
Butterflies wrote:

Don't worry. I haven't come here to steal your toys

The toy soldiers are off-limits. All the rest are up for grabs.

Quote:
I'm far more likely to respond to something I disagree strongly with, than something I agree with. I saw some disagreeable posts that were made by somebody else ('keet, obviously), and thought I'd sign up to comment on them. (emphasis added)

Please note "... and thought I'd sign up to comment ..."

Quite an understatement, that is! Her obvious reason for even joining WP was to troll.

MidlifeAspie   
Posted: Wed Feb 16, 2011 11:43 am    Post subject:

I still want to point out that this is all hearsay. I understand that you trust Dox47 implicitly, but everything you are acting on is nothing more than third party information.

midlifeaspie

« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2011, 01:06:18 PM »
leejosepho   
Posted: Wed Feb 16, 2011 11:50 am    Post subject:
MidlifeAspie wrote:
I still want to point out that this is all hearsay. I understand that you trust Dox47 implicitly, but everything you are acting on is nothing more than third party information.

Other people have already been banned in the situation on far less information before we had heard anything at all from Dox47.

leejosepho   
Posted: Wed Feb 16, 2011 11:54 am    Post subject:
Correction to my own post:

My evidence presented for banning Butterflies is her very own post -- "... and thought I'd sign up to comment ..." -- in combination with her many attack posts -- http://www.wrongplanet.net/postxf151574-0-15.html -- already removed from public view and not even needing any substantiating hearsay at all.

midlifeaspie

« Reply #4 on: October 19, 2011, 01:07:18 PM »
MidlifeAspie   
Posted: Wed Feb 16, 2011 12:04 pm    Post subject:
I don't see anything in the topic you posted above that would warrant a ban. People are allowed to sign up to post comments, even if their purpose is to disagree with someone. That's what PPR is for, debating the ideas. Unless they attack this guy personally I don't see a violation of the rules.

leejosepho   
Posted: Wed Feb 16, 2011 12:14 pm    Post subject:
No problem. I simply took offense to a seeming implication Dox47 was somehow leading me to see something beyond reality.

Sallamandrina wrote:
I can't find any records of Squid_Thing having been banned ...

I think I have a recollection of TallyMan having done that, but my recollections do not always serve me well!

midlifeaspie

« Reply #5 on: October 19, 2011, 01:08:32 PM »
leejosepho   
Posted: Wed Feb 16, 2011 12:15 pm    Post subject:

MidlifeAspie wrote:
I don't see anything in the topic you posted above that would warrant a ban.

Just as you do, I will ask for an opinion when one is being sought.

MidlifeAspie   
Posted: Wed Feb 16, 2011 12:17 pm    Post subject:

leejosepho wrote:
No problem. I simply took offense to a seeming implication Dox47 was somehow leading me to see something beyond reality.

I don't really know what that means. What I was saying was that I had seen nothing occur on WP that would warrant a banning and if the information you had that made you feel that a banning was warranted was in any way related to Dox's allegation that Butterflies was a ringleader of some sort - that this assertion was hearsay.

midlifeaspie

« Reply #6 on: October 19, 2011, 01:09:16 PM »
MidlifeAspie   
Posted: Wed Feb 16, 2011 12:18 pm    Post subject:

leejosepho wrote:
Just as you do, I will ask for an opinion when one is being sought.

So your intention is to go "lone wolf"?

Offline Natalia Evans

• Spokane Tour Guide of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #7 on: October 19, 2011, 01:11:05 PM »
So lee was against butterflies because she was from here? Did I interpret that right?

midlifeaspie

« Reply #8 on: October 19, 2011, 01:11:25 PM »
leejosepho   
Posted: Wed Feb 16, 2011 12:23 pm    Post subject:
Sallamandrina wrote:
There were also past instances when mods made banning decisions without being solidly backed up by the TOS.

I definitely understand there.

Sallamandrina wrote:
So I'm very careful to put aside my likes and dislikes ...

Same here, and MidlifeAspie placed me (and all of us, actually) in a tough spot when he publicly commented about the political spectrum represented by moderators. One thing you (or anyone, actually!) can take to the bank: I neither play nor tolerate "politics".

Sallamandrina wrote:
BTW 'keet or dox should report that fake account to MySpace and ask them to take it down.

That was done and the account was removed, and then Butterflies just made a new one along with several others (at least six, as far as I know, including FB). I have a list somewhere, but I cannot find it at the moment.

Anyway, all is well at the moment ...

leejosepho   
Posted: Wed Feb 16, 2011 12:28 pm    Post subject:
Sallamandrina wrote:
leejosepho wrote:

He's not leading you on, he's correct about their intentions, but this just doesn't constitute a reason for banning.

I know he is not leading me on, but MidlifeAspie must think differently.

Anyway, and as I recall, that Vlodja (or whatever) was banned for nothing greater than what we have already seen from Butterflies right here on WP.

But again, all is well at the moment ...

Whew.

Sallamandrina   
Posted: Wed Feb 16, 2011 12:32 pm    Post subject:
Volodja directly called 'keet gay, while Butterflies said that in her opinion most people with homophobic views are latent homosexuals. As I said, sneaky. Volodja was also in violation of the rules in other ways.

MidlifeAspie   
Posted: Wed Feb 16, 2011 12:33 pm    Post subject:

leejosepho wrote:
Same here, and MidlifeAspie placed me (and all of us, actually) in a tough spot when he publicly commented about the political spectrum represented by moderators.

My statement was "Don't worry - I can assure you that Moderators from both ends of the political spectrum are watching this debate". Explain the "tough spot" that put you in.

leejosepho   
Posted: Wed Feb 16, 2011 12:42 pm    Post subject:

Although I certainly do sincerely assume that was not your specific intent, that comment came in at a time when someone (I do not recall who) was challenging me or at least probing me a bit as to politic or religion or whatever, and your comment then gave him/her an open opportunity to ask who was on which end -- I am sure you can find that question posed -- to which I played off by saying something about my own not knowing one end from the other and that his/her (the poster's) best guess would likely be better than my own.

Point: Never give the membership at large even the slightest insight opportunity to get between any two of us or to play any one of us against the other.

And again, all is well now ...

I have had my little stompie-footie and it is about nap time anyway!

midlifeaspie

« Reply #9 on: October 19, 2011, 01:13:11 PM »
leejosepho   
Posted: Wed Feb 16, 2011 1:27 pm    Post subject:
Ah ... hold the phone ... maybe ... and take a look at this avatar:

http://www.wrongplanet.net/forums-profile-viewprofile-u-45937.html

I was really *not* being a bulldog clenching a bone here. I only went to remove posts (like I had said much earlier) and then happened to see a 'keet ... and I cannot possibly imagine that pic belonging to anyone else since Butterflies is using many of 'keet's pics of 'keets while registering 'keet impostors all over the internet ...

midlifeaspie

« Reply #10 on: October 19, 2011, 01:14:04 PM »
leejosepho   
Posted: Wed Feb 16, 2011 2:19 pm    Post subject:

Okay, so maybe I am trying to move too fast on Butterflies.

I have just gone through and split out all the posts I can find that are *directly* related to 'keet either being talked about or talking about someone else or others. You can find those posts under "squid" and "volo" and "butt" here in Global Moderators. If anyone ever complains about any of those posts being split out, please direct him or her to me personally for an explanation if any of you are in any way uncomfortable with what I have done and I will take all the heat. The intent here was *only* to remove any possible "fuel" anyone might ever use to re-start a previous 'keet-related firestorm of any intensity beyond that required for roasting a marshmellow ...

... and now I can finally go take my much-needed nap!

midlifeaspie

« Reply #11 on: October 19, 2011, 01:14:41 PM »
Bucephalus was here a minute ago and now the guests are streaming in  :zoinks:

midlifeaspie

« Reply #12 on: October 19, 2011, 01:16:19 PM »
leejosepho   
Posted: Thu Feb 17, 2011 4:28 am    Post subject:

I know I am usually "fair" and all of that, but I also know WP is now (while nearing the end of an Aspie life) the only place I actually interact with people other than my wife or the occasional phone solicitor ... and that means I sometimes end up being a bit more "needy" than even I would like to always have to tolerate. That is not likely to change any time soon, but I do want everyone to know I am always very approachable if someone might believe I need to be reigned in a notch or two.

leejosepho   
Posted: Thu Feb 17, 2011 5:21 am    Post subject:
As related to the GLBT subforum, here is the thought/suggestion (from BrendaEM) in question at this particular moment:

"Making hateful and derogatory comments about groups of people you are not a member of is ban-worthy, and your post might be deleted as not to offend others."

Since WP's posting rules already well cover "hateful and derogatory comments", as such, special rules for subforms are just not necessary. Nevertheless, people still do occasionally try to make some special rules for use in PPR, a "christian" subforum or whatever ... and now (as just above) we have the same thing being sought in relation to GLBT.

midlifeaspie

« Reply #13 on: October 19, 2011, 01:18:47 PM »
leejosepho   
Posted: Fri Feb 18, 2011 1:58 pm    Post subject:
PM to Beauty_pact:

=================
I can respect your passion, but I have removed this from one of your posts I found unacceptable:

Quote:
You're on the winning side, though. Good for you! Thank you for, with your ignorant attitude, being one of the causes to making things illegal that should never have been. I hope your children grow up loving manga and anime, like me. What a nightmare that would be, would it not?

=================

leejosepho   
Posted: Fri Feb 18, 2011 3:18 pm    Post subject:
PM to murphycop:

#1 in this round
========================
I can enjoy an impassioned debate, but your flaming is completely intolerable. You have now lowered yourself to the point of directly insulting Macbeth and Macbeth's family, intelligence and more, and you have been dragging that kind of stuff across and through several threads.

Cease and desist any and all of that kind of posting here on WP.

I thank you.
========================

#2 in response to a response
========================
Brick wall or not, and no matter who started what: Cease and desist your flaming.
========================

#3 in response to a response
========================
You do not get away with insults simply because insults are unacceptable.
========================

leejosepho   
Posted: Fri Feb 18, 2011 5:14 pm    Post subject:
My response to PM from iamnotaparakeet:

===============
Re: Any recent developments?

Things seem relatively civil and quiet at the moment, and my only advice might be to not directly challenge anyone or anything so any possible trolls might just get bored and move along for a while.

iamnotaparakeet wrote:
So, what is the status of the situation as far as you can see it? I've been trying to ignore PPR as much as I can so as to not be enticed to reply and give them a place to issue calumniation or whatever, but how does the situation look like? Are they getting bored finally or are they still waiting or attempting to provide rhetorical bait?

===============

midlifeaspie

« Reply #14 on: October 19, 2011, 01:21:19 PM »
leejosepho   
Posted: Sun Feb 20, 2011 4:17 am    Post subject:

This thread for example is concerning;

http://www.wrongplanet.net/postp3390934.html&highlight=#3390934

===============================

To other mods: Please note that I did not post to that member in the form of a quotation from MidlifeAspie, and that I did not even say the answer had come from another moderator. Rather, I only gave a time line showing when I had received an answer myself. We must all speak as one voice, yet I clearly understand we never speak for or repeat one another ... and that is why I had hollered like I did my first day here on the job when TallyMan suggested MidlifeAspie tell someone a certain decision had essentially come from all of us when it had not.

(He had some very strange ideas about what a mod could say about another mod.  Never did understand him - cuz he's nuts)