Educational

Author Topic: OH MY GOD, THIS IS SO RANSID!  (Read 370 times)

Offline Zippo

• psychotic J-DAM of the aspie elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore
  • Click, Click, BOOM!
OH MY GOD, THIS IS SO RANSID!
« on: October 05, 2011, 09:32:23 PM »
so after a completely misleading subject line you are here now reading about zippo once again [i know im an attention whore, i just cant help it].

so im going on two train trips in the near future. one tomorrow and one on the 25th. i would like to know. how many of you have been on a train before? any of you enjoy it?

im going up to my mothers to see her and my sister in Kamloops, british columbia, canada. and than on the 25th im going down to Saskatoon and than a ranch one of my great aunts own in Saskatuwan. ones a day long trip and the others a three day long trip. the first i will be riff raff and the second i will be going first class... will be in debt to my grandmother dearly for both.

anyone been to saskatuwan? i have not been there since i was three. whats it like? is it all just endless wheat fields and horse ranches? ive heard the general consensus that it has roads that never turn and that you can watch your dog run away for three days straight.

Zippo, Shotgun Surgeon.
if theres bees in the trap im catching them, by the thorax and abdomen. and sanding there stingers down to a rough quill. then i dip em in ink and i scribble a bit, and if the wriggle than i tickle them until they hold still, let me say it again, in my land of pretend, i use bees as a mother fucking pen!

Offline Callaway

• Official Spokesperson for the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
Re: OH MY GOD, THIS IS SO RANSID!
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2011, 09:37:43 PM »
I have ridden the Amtrak train back and forth between Anniston, Alabama and New Orleans, Louisiana a few times.

I have ridden another Amtrak train between Denver, Colorado and Glenwood Springs, Colorado a couple of times. 

Both were nice, but both were also less than one day, so I didn't have to sleep on the train.

Offline Zippo

• Elder
  • Postwhore
  • Click, Click, BOOM!
« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2011, 09:39:15 PM »
I have ridden the Amtrak train back and forth between Anniston, Alabama and New Orleans, Louisiana a few times.

I have ridden another Amtrak train between Denver, Colorado and Glenwood Springs, Colorado a couple of times. 

Both were nice, but both were also less than one day, so I didn't have to sleep on the train.

i dont sleep in the first place so i dont care either way.

Zippo, Shotgun Surgeon.
if theres bees in the trap im catching them, by the thorax and abdomen. and sanding there stingers down to a rough quill. then i dip em in ink and i scribble a bit, and if the wriggle than i tickle them until they hold still, let me say it again, in my land of pretend, i use bees as a mother fucking pen!

Offline "couldbecousin"

• Invincible Heisenweeble of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore Beyond Teh Stupid
  • You're goddamn right.
« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2011, 09:40:07 PM »
 I have been on a train and liked it, except for the time I sat "backwards."  Next time I go somewhere on a train,
 I will figure out in advance which way the train will be heading, and I will sit so I am facing forward, because facing
 backward just looked WRONG and really annoyed me!

:trainwreck:
"I'm finding a lot of things funny lately, but I don't think they are."
--- Ripley, Alien Resurrection

"We are grateful for the time we have been given."
--- Edward Walker, The Village

People forget.
--- The Who, "Eminence Front"

Offline Zippo

• Elder
  • Postwhore
  • Click, Click, BOOM!
« Reply #4 on: October 05, 2011, 09:42:34 PM »
I have been on a train and liked it, except for the time I sat "backwards."  Next time I go somewhere on a train,
 I will figure out in advance which way the train will be heading, and I will sit so I am facing forward, because facing
 backward just looked WRONG and really annoyed me!

:trainwreck:

good to know. when i go overnight to saskatoon i will be in my own room both there and back so thats not going to be a problem... was the Trainwreck gif really necessary? i would not want that to be all thats going through my mind tomorrow... or have nightmares about it tonight... not that ill be sleeping.

Zippo, Shotgun Surgeon.

Offline "couldbecousin"

• Invincible Heisenweeble of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore Beyond Teh Stupid
  • You're goddamn right.
« Reply #5 on: October 05, 2011, 09:43:31 PM »
 Anyway, sit facing forward and have fun visiting family!  Do you ride horses or herd livestock on the ranch?   :sheep:
"I'm finding a lot of things funny lately, but I don't think they are."
--- Ripley, Alien Resurrection

"We are grateful for the time we have been given."
--- Edward Walker, The Village

People forget.
--- The Who, "Eminence Front"

Offline Zippo

• Elder
  • Postwhore
  • Click, Click, BOOM!
« Reply #6 on: October 05, 2011, 09:48:45 PM »
Anyway, sit facing forward and have fun visiting family!  Do you ride horses or herd livestock on the ranch?   :sheep:

i have rode horses... i know how to, not very comfertable at anything more than a canter though. i prefer to just trail ride. I dont heard livestock but i may go touring or follow them around on a quad when they do. that would be kinda fun. i bileve they have horses. i think my grandma mentioned livestock but not 100% on that one. know its not wheat though. i should be packing for the first trip right now....

Zippo, Shotgun Surgeon.

Offline Callaway

• Official Spokesperson for the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #7 on: October 05, 2011, 09:53:44 PM »
Have fun.

Offline 'andersom'

• Pure Chocolate Bovine PIMP of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • well known as hyke.
« Reply #8 on: October 06, 2011, 12:53:40 AM »
Have fun.

I like trains. Am on them quite often, because of not owning a car. Haven't made that many long trips though, and only two trips where the cabin was changed into a sleeping cabin over night. Loved that, btw. Not sleeping, but the dark, and then listening to the sound of the train. Did miss the visual of the Alps and the tunnels there. But, since tunnels do scare me a bit, that was not too bad.
I can do upside down chocolate moo things!

eris

« Reply #9 on: October 06, 2011, 01:53:11 AM »
it's ok if you're a whore. just don't announce it before you fall asleep on the train.

P7PSP

« Reply #10 on: October 06, 2011, 02:01:31 AM »
Train trips suck in my experience. Tough it out and enjoy your vacation.

Offline 'Butterflies'

• Mastermind of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #11 on: October 06, 2011, 06:36:40 AM »
I've been on trains lots. They were my main source of transport growing up, and I still prefer to take the train into the city than drive. Mostly fairly short journeys though.

When I travel from Ireland to Scotland I have to take a long train journey in Scotland. About 3  hours. I quite enjoy it, as long as nobody comes and sits next to me. Sometimes I just like to stare out the window at the scenery. Sometimes I like to use the internet.
I like the train.
CBC is right though. Always try and get a forward facing seat if you're going a long distance. It's easier to see stuff through the window, and sitting bacwards makes me a bit sick sometimes.