Author Topic: Cockroaches and cold sores.  (Read 3411 times)

Offline Charlotte Quin

• Abbess from the Abyss
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
Re: Cockroaches and cold sores.
« Reply #45 on: October 06, 2011, 03:58:40 AM »
There seems to be a slight roach problem in my house. I don't even think the previous owners bothered with pest control (or the tenants didn't tell the agent about it). There's also a tavern over the fence so that's where they might come from. Tried that 6 month surface spray stuff and the smell gave me a headache. Might have to use roach bombs while on a weekend away or something.

Offline Queen Victoria

• Ruler of Aspie Universe
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #46 on: October 06, 2011, 11:46:20 AM »
Cockroaches are the official pet of any warm water port.  They will come in from the neighbors, through the drain pipes, etc.  As someone said, boric powder mixed with something like peanut butter will kill them.  If you have it in your local stores, Bengal Roach Spray seems to be the best of the spray insecticiedes.

I loved the roach motels, they checked in, but they didn't check out.  So putting something enticing on an upside down piece of duct tape might work too.  But duct tape is a bitch to work with sticky side up. 

Moving won't be a solution since the egg capsules can be carried to the new place and the neighbors there may already have them. 

Best of luck.
A good monarch is a treasure. A good politician is an oxymoron.

My brain is both uninhibited and uninhabited.

:qv:

Offline Phallacy

• Witchfinder General of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore
« Reply #47 on: October 06, 2011, 12:18:06 PM »
Cockroaches are the official pet of any warm water port.  They will come in from the neighbors, through the drain pipes, etc.  As someone said, boric powder mixed with something like peanut butter will kill them.  If you have it in your local stores, Bengal Roach Spray seems to be the best of the spray insecticiedes.

I loved the roach motels, they checked in, but they didn't check out.  So putting something enticing on an upside down piece of duct tape might work too.  But duct tape is a bitch to work with sticky side up. 

Moving won't be a solution since the egg capsules can be carried to the new place and the neighbors there may already have them. 

Best of luck.

Thanks. My apartment had some of those Combat things laying around. I should get a roach motel or something. My desk is a roach hotel. I don't usually see but a few per day. I usually do not have food contaminated by them since I try to keep everything in the fridge.

Offline Queen Victoria

• Ruler of Aspie Universe
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #48 on: October 06, 2011, 04:37:19 PM »
Black Flag used to make the Roach Motels, but I haven't seen any on the grocery shelves for ages. 
A good monarch is a treasure. A good politician is an oxymoron.

My brain is both uninhibited and uninhabited.

:qv:

Offline "couldbecousin"

• Invincible Heisenweeble of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore Beyond Teh Stupid
  • You're goddamn right.
« Reply #49 on: March 21, 2016, 05:43:57 AM »
  I remember Roach Motels.  I'm guessing the roaches outnumbered them.  Everyone used Roach Motels
  till there were none left in the world.  I have seen a single insect, months ago, in my hall ... just before
  I killed it, I got a close enough look to be 95% sure it was a roach.  However, I've not seen another,
  and a friend of mine mentioned that she occasionally gets one in her house from inside a paper bag,
  and that if she kills it immediately there are no more.  That seems to have been the case for us both.  :orly:
"I'm finding a lot of things funny lately, but I don't think they are."
--- Ripley, Alien Resurrection

"We are grateful for the time we have been given."
--- Edward Walker, The Village

People forget.
--- The Who, "Eminence Front"