Author Topic: Cockroaches and cold sores.  (Read 3409 times)

Psychophant

Re: Cockroaches and cold sores.
« Reply #30 on: October 05, 2011, 11:40:53 AM »
I used to live in an apartment complex in Phoenix, and cockroaches were a constant problem.

You have to keep absolutely ALL food in your house sealed at all times.

Call the apartment manager and have them fumigate your apartment.

This will only drive out the cockroaches temporarily, they will go to neighboring apartments.

As soon as those neighboring apartments get fumigated, the cockroaches will go looking for a new home.

I'f you forgot to keep all your food sealed, the cockroaches will return to your place.

It's a constant battle, and in the long term, the roaches win.

QFT   :plus:  It is a running battle.  The best you can do is keep things very clean and avoid piling paper of any kind anywhere.  They like the glue in books and warm moist places.  There is somekind of abrasive powder that is non toxic that you can buy.  It wears holes in the exoskeleton of the roach.  The name of it escapes me atm.   Most roaches have developed immunity to poisons.

As for the cold sores in the mouth.  A dentist may make a good recommendation.  I had them bad as a teenager and it hurt to eat. 

Psychophant

« Reply #31 on: October 05, 2011, 11:43:30 AM »
OOPS, just noticed Parts mentioned Boric Acid.  Good stuff, spread it where you see them run or congregate. 

Scrapheap

« Reply #32 on: October 05, 2011, 12:09:14 PM »
I hear Americans talking about cockroaches a lot, but I don't think I've ever heard anyone from Scotland mention having them. I can only assume we don't have as big a problem with them. They seem to be rare.
Mice on the other hand... :sick:

Cockroaches thrive in hot climates, that's why they were such a problem in Phoenix and when I was stationed in 29 Palms, both in the desert.

Cockroaches are a lot more rare out here on the coast where it is a lot cooler. Ants on the other hand, are a huge problem.

When I was in elementary school, the ants always targeted the lunches we brought to school. On average, 1 kids lunch got eaten by ants every week. It happened to me 4 or 5 times.

Offline 'Butterflies'

• Mastermind of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #33 on: October 05, 2011, 01:06:05 PM »
I;ve seen a few ant infestations. I remember my gran had one  years ago.

Offline "couldbecousin"

• Invincible Heisenweeble of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore Beyond Teh Stupid
  • You're goddamn right.
« Reply #34 on: October 05, 2011, 06:10:23 PM »
 My apartment building is very well maintained, and evidently has regular visits from an exterminator.
 I've never seen even one cockroach in the building, not even in the midst of all my hoarded paper. 

*fires up the shredder to get rid of the damned paper*  :headbang2:
"I'm finding a lot of things funny lately, but I don't think they are."
--- Ripley, Alien Resurrection

"We are grateful for the time we have been given."
--- Edward Walker, The Village

People forget.
--- The Who, "Eminence Front"

Offline earthboundmisfit

• Mayhem of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #35 on: October 05, 2011, 06:12:51 PM »

and when I was stationed in 29 Palms...

That place can SUCK MY HAIRY ASSHOLE.

Offline Zippo

• psychotic J-DAM of the aspie elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore
  • Click, Click, BOOM!
« Reply #36 on: October 05, 2011, 06:50:23 PM »
never seen a cockroach in my life.... but i have stepped on a gerbil who got out of his cage in the middle of the night when waking up for a pee... lucky for me it bit me and ran away before i could put full weight on it. i cryed... i was only 5

Zippo, Shotgun Surgeon.
if theres bees in the trap im catching them, by the thorax and abdomen. and sanding there stingers down to a rough quill. then i dip em in ink and i scribble a bit, and if the wriggle than i tickle them until they hold still, let me say it again, in my land of pretend, i use bees as a mother fucking pen!

Offline "couldbecousin"

• Elder
  • You're goddamn right.
« Reply #37 on: October 05, 2011, 06:55:28 PM »
never seen a cockroach in my life.... but i have stepped on a gerbil who got out of his cage in the middle of the night when waking up for a pee... lucky for me it bit me and ran away before i could put full weight on it. i cryed... i was only 5

One of my guinea pigs once bit me, just enough to shave the skin a bit.  I was due for that tetanus shot anyway!  :laugh:

People forget.

Osensitive1

« Reply #38 on: October 05, 2011, 07:14:05 PM »
I was due for that tetanus shot anyway!  :laugh:
Was he rusty? :laugh:

Offline "couldbecousin"

• Elder
  • You're goddamn right.
« Reply #39 on: October 05, 2011, 07:31:32 PM »
I was due for that tetanus shot anyway!  :laugh:
Was he rusty? :laugh:

Fortunately not, it was just a precaution!  :laugh:

People forget.

Offline Zippo

• Elder
  • Postwhore
  • Click, Click, BOOM!
« Reply #40 on: October 05, 2011, 09:35:52 PM »
mine was buddy. not quite rusty but close... the name that is... now that i think back he was actually the color of rust so i guess you could have named him rusty... my sister named all the family pets though [2-3 y/o names suck] buddy, blueberry for the dog.... German Shepard/Husky... didn't fit the name at all... blueberry ate the gerbil. never thought of her as an innocent puppy after that.

Zippo, Shotgun Surgeon.
if theres bees in the trap im catching them, by the thorax and abdomen. and sanding there stingers down to a rough quill. then i dip em in ink and i scribble a bit, and if the wriggle than i tickle them until they hold still, let me say it again, in my land of pretend, i use bees as a mother fucking pen!

Offline 'andersom'

• Pure Chocolate Bovine PIMP of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • well known as hyke.
« Reply #41 on: October 06, 2011, 12:49:36 AM »
mine was buddy. not quite rusty but close... the name that is... now that i think back he was actually the color of rust so i guess you could have named him rusty... my sister named all the family pets though [2-3 y/o names suck] buddy, blueberry for the dog.... German Shepard/Husky... didn't fit the name at all... blueberry ate the gerbil. never thought of her as an innocent puppy after that.
:rofl: at the name Blueberry for the German Shepard/Husky. Wonder if your sister tied a pink ribbon around his neck too.
I can do upside down chocolate moo things!

Offline Zippo

• Elder
  • Postwhore
  • Click, Click, BOOM!
« Reply #42 on: October 06, 2011, 01:01:54 AM »
:rofl: at the name Blueberry for the German Shepard/Husky. Wonder if your sister tied a pink ribbon around his neck too.
she tryed the dog would have niped her.... dog was not well behaved when it came to people around her dinner, or people doing things such as tying a ribon around her neck or pulling hair.

Zippo, Shotgun Surgeon.

Scrapheap

« Reply #43 on: October 06, 2011, 01:08:14 AM »

and when I was stationed in 29 Palms...

That place can SUCK MY HAIRY ASSHOLE.

But you might get sand in it. Who wants sand in their ass??  :dunno:

Offline lutra

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • nosce te ipsum
« Reply #44 on: October 06, 2011, 03:39:29 AM »
I've never seen a cockroach in my life too. Glad to.. nasty creatures they appear to be.
Solum certum nihil esse certi et homine nihil miserius aut superbius.