Educational

Author Topic: Not so serious: Domesticated animals.  (Read 2482 times)

Offline Phallacy

• Witchfinder General of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore
Re: Not so serious: Domesticated animals.
« Reply #15 on: October 04, 2011, 04:27:25 PM »
I'm not talking about the dogs that provide protection and personal assistance, like seeing-eye dogs or K9 dogs. I'm talking about pets the way Adam is keeping them. When he says that his pets get to do nothing but sleep and fuck around, that was exactly what I was talking about. Those animals of his are living absolutely meaningless lives. Companions?!? Give me a fucking break. Those animals of yours don't give two shits about you, except from when they are hungry. There is no human and animal companionship. That's bestiality.

Offline Adam

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #16 on: October 04, 2011, 04:29:03 PM »
my last cat and I were actually really really close by the time she died. and no I don't mean that in a creepy way :P

it's meaningless yeah, but then wouldn't it be just as ,meaningless (only also shorter and much more dangerous) in the wild?

Offline Phallacy

• Elder
  • Postwhore
« Reply #17 on: October 04, 2011, 04:39:45 PM »
my last cat and I were actually really really close by the time she died. and no I don't mean that in a creepy way :P

it's meaningless yeah, but then wouldn't it be just as ,meaningless (only also shorter and much more dangerous) in the wild?

Not really, because the animals actually have to try to survive, eat, and mate. Whereas in a home situation, it doesn't have any predators or in a lot of cases, potential mates.

Wild animals contribute to the ecosystem. If a domesticated animal were to be loose, or even breed feral animals, it would be destructive to the ecosystem and perhaps a danger to the public, depending on the animal.

I've gotten harassed by a few stray dogs in the neighborhood. Even bitten in the ankle once (just a few scratches though). Fucking ignorant fools not keeping those animals at bay. And why does 9 out of 10 people have to have a fucking dog in the yard?

Offline 'Butterflies'

• Mastermind of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #18 on: October 04, 2011, 04:46:57 PM »
I'm not talking about the dogs that provide protection and personal assistance, like seeing-eye dogs or K9 dogs. I'm talking about pets the way Adam is keeping them. When he says that his pets get to do nothing but sleep and fuck around, that was exactly what I was talking about. Those animals of his are living absolutely meaningless lives. Companions?!? Give me a fucking break. Those animals of yours don't give two shits about you, except from when they are hungry. There is no human and animal companionship. That's bestiality.

You've just described my life :lol:

And yes, my life is meaningless but mostly happy.

Not everything needs meaning. I wouldn't want to live a life where everything I done was important or meaningfull.
I like lying in my bed until mid afternoon, and then just getting up and doing nothing.

Offline Phallacy

• Elder
  • Postwhore
« Reply #19 on: October 04, 2011, 04:49:07 PM »

Not everything needs meaning. I wouldn't want to live a life where everything I done was important or meaningfull.
I like lying in my bed until mid afternoon, and then just getting up and doing nothing.

Whoops. I may have inadvertently described mine as well. :P

Offline Calavera

• The Intellectually Deficient of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #20 on: October 04, 2011, 04:52:15 PM »

Is this a trolling post, too. Or are you serious?

If serious, that is fucking ridiculous. Dogs show unimaginable love to their human owners (even if he's the most hated person on the planet), love that never fades away with time. You'll rarely see that coming from your fellow human being.

Try having a dog for once, and you'll see what I mean.

midlifeaspie

« Reply #21 on: October 04, 2011, 04:53:42 PM »

If serious, that is fucking ridiculous. Dogs show unimaginable love to their human owners (even if he's the most hated person on the planet), love that never fades away with time. You'll rarely see that coming from your fellow human being.

Penty prefers sheep.  Speaking of which, sheep are domesticated animals you know.  Don't bag on them too.

Offline Phallacy

• Elder
  • Postwhore
« Reply #22 on: October 04, 2011, 04:54:37 PM »

Of course, a foolish Christian like you could believe that an animal is capable of LOVE, let alone for a human being.

Let me say this again, and you cannot prove me wrong: The only reason your dog sticks around is for FOOD. That's it.

Offline "couldbecousin"

• Invincible Heisenweeble of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore Beyond Teh Stupid
  • You're goddamn right.
« Reply #23 on: October 04, 2011, 04:55:42 PM »

That's it, we're going to turn you loose in the wild.  For your own good, of course.  :P
"I'm finding a lot of things funny lately, but I don't think they are."
--- Ripley, Alien Resurrection

"We are grateful for the time we have been given."
--- Edward Walker, The Village

People forget.
--- The Who, "Eminence Front"

Offline 'andersom'

• Pure Chocolate Bovine PIMP of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • well known as hyke.
« Reply #24 on: October 04, 2011, 04:55:58 PM »

I need to get a cat.

I too have been craving Chinese food today :zoinks:

Winter mice infestation not happening yet? :P
I can do upside down chocolate moo things!

Offline 'andersom'

• Pure Chocolate Bovine PIMP of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • well known as hyke.
« Reply #25 on: October 04, 2011, 04:56:45 PM »

That's it, we're going to turn you loose in the wild.  For your own good, of course.  :P

Nooooo, he and Butterflies would wreck the ecosystem.
I can do upside down chocolate moo things!

Offline Phallacy

• Elder
  • Postwhore
« Reply #26 on: October 04, 2011, 04:57:12 PM »

Penty prefers sheep.  Speaking of which, sheep are domesticated animals you know.  Don't bag on them too.

Sheep (along with other farm animals, like the PIGS that I seem to love so much, according to certain members!) generally serve a purpose, unlike your average housecat. Like getting their fur trimmed for clothing, or getting slaughtered for food.

All a housecat does is just stagnate for about a decade from birth, until its painful death. It does not even get eaten after it dies.

midlifeaspie

« Reply #27 on: October 04, 2011, 04:58:08 PM »

Sheep (along with other farm animals, like the PIGS that I seem to love so much, according to certain members!) generally serve a purpose, unlike your average housecat. Like getting their fur trimmed for clothing, or getting slaughtered for food.

All a housecat does is just stagnate for about a decade from birth, until its painful death. It does not even get eaten after it dies.

Did you really just correct me in stating that your fondness is for pigs, not sheep?  :laugh:

Offline Phallacy

• Elder
  • Postwhore
« Reply #28 on: October 04, 2011, 05:00:05 PM »

Did you really just correct me in stating that your fondness is for pigs, not sheep?  :laugh:

Yes, I am extremely fond of pigs. Not so much sheep.

midlifeaspie

« Reply #29 on: October 04, 2011, 05:01:19 PM »
Yes, I am extremely fond of pigs. Not so much sheep.

Thanks.  Have been missing a sig since I went back to MLA  :laugh: