Educational

Author Topic: Does intuition favor God's existence?  (Read 6805 times)

Offline Jack

• Reiterative Utterance of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • You don't know Jack.
Re: Does intuition favor God's existence?
« Reply #165 on: August 24, 2014, 05:30:30 AM »

But it implies *knowing*, which just isn't the case here.
Will agree with that. Knowing is attributed to conscious thought, while intuition isn't.

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
« Reply #166 on: September 25, 2014, 08:21:51 PM »

There are these funny things that never end.  Like,

which may indicate that advanced math is actually God. Just seems fun, but in reality, whether or not there is a divine altruistic entity, I can demonstrate that there is a GOD of torture/DEVIL or what ever.

Go here;      and you will know that there is most certainly a God of deciept/ Loki/Prince of Lies/Devil/Lord of the Hidden/a Seth/Dolos, etc.

What I am MORE terrified by is the possibility of the Circle Of Gods being true, such that for all manner of heathen and lordly GODS one can imagine, there is always an equal AND OPPOSITE GOD TO MATCH.

Fuck us all!
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline awiddershinlife

• Frequent Poster
Re: Does Occam's razor favor God's existence?
« Reply #167 on: September 25, 2014, 08:39:45 PM »
Because I thought that's how the mind usually works ... attributing the seemingly order and beauty of this universe to a supernatural entity with unlimited powers. That's why humans from days past used to worship gods and goddesses and such, and that's why many people today believe in God (regardless of what god exactly).

No.  That was ignorance combined with fear.

That may be part of the god thing or just folk stories, but religion is all about social control. Its been extraordinarily successful.
I love everyone yet like no one    WTF

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #168 on: September 25, 2014, 11:19:03 PM »
Religion is actually based on fear.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline Gopher Gary

• sockpuppet alert!
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • I'm not wearing pants.
« Reply #169 on: September 26, 2014, 12:16:36 AM »
I miss Calavera.  :(  Not many people enjoy playing the devil's advocate for God.
:gopher:

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #170 on: September 26, 2014, 12:50:14 PM »
What happened to him? Does anyone know?
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline Gopher Gary

• sockpuppet alert!
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • I'm not wearing pants.
« Reply #171 on: September 26, 2014, 02:37:48 PM »
The last time he was here I got the impression he's too busy filling his brains, so good for him.  :dunno:
:gopher:

Offline Yuri Bezmenov

• Drunk-assed squadron leader
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Communist propaganda is demoralizing the West.
« Reply #172 on: September 26, 2014, 04:13:36 PM »
That may be part of the god thing or just folk stories, but religion is all about social control. Its been extraordinarily successful.

These 2 statements don't contradict eachother, quite the opposite, they go hand in hand.

Hannah

« Reply #173 on: September 29, 2014, 03:45:14 PM »
I am a follower of God and this thread has actually been really neat to read (the coherent responses not just the cheap jab responses) I respect other points of views and I've been told I'm not a very typical Christian well I'm not really even a Christian I am a Messianic Believer in Christ which is even more of a minority :laugh: I love it actually because I can be who I was created to be and not feel guilt and condemnation for there isn't any condemnation for those who are in Christ...His love that is patient and kind and is something that drives out fear...I'd go on but you as the reader get the point I'm sure...

Religion is the opposite of what I believe in, sadly some don't see this or cannot differentiate between religion and a relationship or I have been mocked for having a relationship with God...re: "I believe in the flying spaghetti monster" etc...it used to actually hurt me, but now I find it amusing :lol1: I can't expect all to understand faith and that is OK, I'm comfortable enough with who I am to be more then OK with that... :laugh:

Faith has been a huge anchor for me, and it has given me a sense of community when I didn't have any two years ago, faith has freed me from self-harm as mentioned before faith has given me an identity that complements who I am because I am free to be who I am without fear of being odd because that is how I was meant to be...

I'm OK with being the someone who breaks down walls in a conversation or in groups irl and from my experiences when I open up with others it's funny (neat) when I get feed back of 'wow you made me feel comfortable in my own skin' or 'you have given me hope that there is still goodness' I only point back to my faith that has caused it for really there isn't anything good in me but that which was put in me through walking with the God I love... :yarly:
« Last Edit: September 29, 2014, 04:28:40 PM by Hannah »

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #174 on: September 29, 2014, 04:00:03 PM »
Which is perfectly fine, of course. We all have to live with our beliefs.

- Albert Einstein

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #175 on: September 29, 2014, 04:01:14 PM »

These 2 statements don't contradict eachother, quite the opposite, they go hand in hand.

They certainly don't have to, but I meant that fear is most likely how religion started. Fear of the unknown, combined with the need to explain.

- Albert Einstein

Offline Yuri Bezmenov

• Drunk-assed squadron leader
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Communist propaganda is demoralizing the West.
« Reply #176 on: September 29, 2014, 04:09:34 PM »
Religion is the opposite of what I believe in,

I forget who said this first, "religion is for those who are afraid of hell, spirituality is for those who've already been there".

Hannah

« Reply #177 on: September 29, 2014, 04:31:33 PM »
Religion is the opposite of what I believe in,

I forget who said this first, "religion is for those who are afraid of hell, spirituality is for those who've already been there".

that is a good quote... :2thumbsup:

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #178 on: October 01, 2014, 11:25:02 PM »

Basic fear of God, right?

Who would not be afraid of a God who decides to sacrifice his own son just to make the point that he can do this as often as he wishes.

While we both know that many myths are based upon some distortion of fact,  where the hell did these people (who have burned others at the cross) decide that, instead of a kind and benevolent God or gods, such as most seem to worship, their God should speak in terms of boiling brimstone and hellfire.

Every pagan form of religion has a nice god for every harsh god just to keep a balance in nature. WTF is this whole one God does everything and he is terribly jealous and ridiculously vengeful, bullshit?

Oh shit, forgot to mention, the "Savior/Risen Son of God" sounds like a Zombie, by most definitions.  Go figure.
« Last Edit: October 01, 2014, 11:46:01 PM by DirtDawg »
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #179 on: October 01, 2014, 11:39:26 PM »
My intuition says there is NO god.

My experience, however, suggests that I have had too many coincidences and hands up from nowhere I can define to completely ignore the possibility that something more powerful than I am is helping me at times.

When I die, I will either know the truth and I will become some of sort of evolved and advanced soul, never again able to post here or I will just simply be dead and I will never again be able to post here.

It may be up to you guys to help figure this out.

:laugh: