Educational

Author Topic: Mechanima, Step Into The Ring  (Read 6586 times)

Offline Pyraxis

• Werewolf Wrangler of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • aka Daria
Re: Mechanima, Step Into The Ring
« Reply #150 on: September 30, 2011, 07:57:59 PM »
If the Haven isn't for whining, what's it for then?

Once upon a time it was a safe space for people who'd never had one before. Witnessing was a form of meaningful acceptance outside of the trite platitudes that society forces down your throat when you say something's wrong. It was meant to be a place to speak and heal and then move on with your life, not a cesspool of enabling bullshit.
You'll never self-actualize the subconscious canopy of stardust with that attitude.

Offline Pyraxis

• Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • aka Daria
« Reply #151 on: September 30, 2011, 07:59:37 PM »
Yup.  Up until 4 or 5 months ago.

Did the same thing happen to you as happens to everyone?
You'll never self-actualize the subconscious canopy of stardust with that attitude.

midlifeaspie

« Reply #152 on: September 30, 2011, 08:08:17 PM »

I got fed up with Alex and quit after he went 6 weeks without replying to emails while retaining the only permissions needed to fix serious problems.  Most of the mods who left before me were fired as he kept sweeping the ranks every few months.  I think it goes back and forth between waves of firing and quitting.

midlifeaspie

« Reply #153 on: September 30, 2011, 08:09:11 PM »

Offline Pyraxis

• Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • aka Daria
« Reply #154 on: September 30, 2011, 08:12:51 PM »
I got fed up with Alex and quit after he went 6 weeks without replying to emails while retaining the only permissions needed to fix serious problems.  Most of the mods who left before me were fired as he kept sweeping the ranks every few months.  I think it goes back and forth between waves of firing and quitting.

The more things change, the more they stay the same.  :puke:

Frolic_Fun

« Reply #155 on: September 30, 2011, 08:28:58 PM »
Don't particularly care about the whole WP logs thing, to be honest. Not really a good argument to use.

Pyraxis, I understand and relate to your need to put people outside their comfort zones. Nothing wrong with questioning things and doing a bit of stirring to keep people on their toes, I do this quite a fair bit too. The only issue I have is the overly pretentious manner you come across when doing it and how it seems more like a vendetta over past butthurt due to past drama.

The reason why I get that impression is how you always seem to only question certain members on I2 anytime you come on as of late, such as Odeon, Callaway etc. Noty particulary fans of either myself, but it's an almost amusing pattern nonetheless. The percieved pretentiousness is more general impression rather than anything to quote, really.

midlifeaspie

« Reply #156 on: September 30, 2011, 08:40:47 PM »
Don't particularly care about the whole WP logs thing, to be honest. Not really a good argument to use.

What was I trying to argue?   :dunno:

I was expressing to her a bit of shared history and context.

Offline Pyraxis

• Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • aka Daria
« Reply #157 on: September 30, 2011, 09:19:12 PM »
Yeah, I didn't see an argument either. Caught me off guard - I'd practically forgotten about WP and I didn't know I had any reputation there whatsoever.

The only issue I have is the overly pretentious manner you come across when doing it and how it seems more like a vendetta over past butthurt due to past drama.

The reason why I get that impression is how you always seem to only question certain members on I2 anytime you come on as of late, such as Odeon, Callaway etc. Noty particulary fans of either myself, but it's an almost amusing pattern nonetheless. The percieved pretentiousness is more general impression rather than anything to quote, really.

I don't know what to do about the pretentiousness. I've been accused of that most of my life and I want to get rid of it, but whatever it is, it's pretty ingrained.

But yeah, you're right, I always target Odeon and Callaway. I have a pretty deep dislike for both of them, though with Odeon it's getting less and less so.  :viking: If that comes off as butthurt, so be it. I don't get how it's pretentious, though. Should I be an equal opportunity abuser regardless of how I feel about all the other people here? I think that would be more elitist, to be a liberal values snob at the expense of common sense.

There are other things I could get mad about. Like WP's stubborn refusal to die a miserable death, because every crop of noobs falls for the same tricks, year after year. The day I find a way to break that pattern would be an awesome day indeed.  :orly:

Scrapheap

« Reply #158 on: October 01, 2011, 12:32:45 AM »

Example:  http://www.wrongplanet.net/postt176028.html

:zombiefuck:

Holy fucking Alpaca shit Batman!!!!

That Moog fucker is about as arrogant of a misanthropic piece of pig shit as Quatermass was.

He's the kind of person that if you met in person, you'd punch in 5 min or less.

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #159 on: October 01, 2011, 02:40:32 AM »
I think I'm entitled to an answer so we'll have to differ re this.
Gave up on reading it all. Did that answer ever surface?

No, not to my knowledge.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #160 on: October 01, 2011, 02:51:24 AM »
Yeah, I didn't see an argument either. Caught me off guard - I'd practically forgotten about WP and I didn't know I had any reputation there whatsoever.

The only issue I have is the overly pretentious manner you come across when doing it and how it seems more like a vendetta over past butthurt due to past drama.

I don't know what to do about the pretentiousness. I've been accused of that most of my life and I want to get rid of it, but whatever it is, it's pretty ingrained.

But yeah, you're right, I always target Odeon and Callaway. I have a pretty deep dislike for both of them, though with Odeon it's getting less and less so.  :viking: If that comes off as butthurt, so be it. I don't get how it's pretentious, though. Should I be an equal opportunity abuser regardless of how I feel about all the other people here? I think that would be more elitist, to be a liberal values snob at the expense of common sense.

There are other things I could get mad about. Like WP's stubborn refusal to die a miserable death, because every crop of noobs falls for the same tricks, year after year. The day I find a way to break that pattern would be an awesome day indeed.  :orly:

I think you should be an equal opportunity abuser. :zoinks:

The difference between you and Schleed as I2's two main shit stirrers is that while you both have people you dislike (as do most of us), he is far better at using anyone as a suitable target. I think you need to dislike someone first.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline Al Swearegen

• Pussycat of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Always front on and in your face
« Reply #161 on: October 01, 2011, 05:45:02 AM »
It does make it seem like you are attacking the person rather than what they said. in effect making it look that Odeon or Callaway could say any damn thing and you woudl seek to find a way to spin doctor it to try to make them look bad/ineffective/corrupt/shady or whatever.

Not even saying that is what you are doing but it sure looks like it and rather than "trying to present different viewpoints" it simply looks like you are trying to be contradictory.
I2 today is not i2 of yesteryear. It is a knitting circle. Those that participate be they nice or asshats know their place and the price to be there. Odeon is the overlord

.Benevolent if you toe the line.

Think it is I2 of old? Even Odeon is not so delusional as to think otherwise. He may on occasionally pretend otherwise but his base is that knitting circle.

Censoring/banning/restricting/moderating myself, Calanadale & Scrapheap were all not his finest moments.

How to apologise to Scrap

Offline Pyraxis

• Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • aka Daria
« Reply #162 on: October 01, 2011, 11:53:35 AM »

But beating up on the weak and infirm is boring. You and Callaway at least put up a fight.  :zoinks:

The difference between you and Schleed as I2's two main shit stirrers is that while you both have people you dislike (as do most of us), he is far better at using anyone as a suitable target. I think you need to dislike someone first.

Damn me and my good heart and sincerity.

Offline Pyraxis

• Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • aka Daria
« Reply #163 on: October 01, 2011, 12:06:05 PM »
It does make it seem like you are attacking the person rather than what they said. in effect making it look that Odeon or Callaway could say any damn thing and you woudl seek to find a way to spin doctor it to try to make them look bad/ineffective/corrupt/shady or whatever.

Well, with Callaway, it's because my real beef with her is "forbidden", so there's nothing else to do but go about it indirectly. Actually that's where passive-aggression comes from. When for whatever reason, something is preventing honest confrontation. Though there are times I've attacked her words because they pissed me off too, like her treatment of Kayleigh.

rather than "trying to present different viewpoints" it simply looks like you are trying to be contradictory.

Is there anything more than a stylistic difference?

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #164 on: October 01, 2011, 02:55:17 PM »

But beating up on the weak and infirm is boring. You and Callaway at least put up a fight.  :zoinks:

Nothing feels so good as a well-placed kick, after the first brought the weak down. :zoinks:

Damn me and my good heart and sincerity.

Yes, you do need to work on that.

- Albert Einstein