Author Topic: Mechanima, Step Into The Ring  (Read 6512 times)

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
Re: Mechanima, Step Into The Ring
« Reply #105 on: September 28, 2011, 12:21:09 PM »
She'd love that, I think. She likes playing the victim.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

P7PSP

« Reply #106 on: September 28, 2011, 12:26:05 PM »
 :lol:

Offline Pyraxis

• Werewolf Wrangler of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • aka Daria
« Reply #107 on: September 28, 2011, 08:07:22 PM »
I understand the dislike for Odeon and his peculiar butthurt indifference to emotion, believe me I do, but it ain't worth it.

:asthing:

???

I know you don't like me, but I don't really get this one.

I've gotten into too many fights with people who think that the first person to show emotion is the loser. Now I just see that tactic, of escalating bullshit under the thin veneer of logical control and a big heaping dose of contempt, as yet another face of butthurt.
You'll never self-actualize the subconscious canopy of stardust with that attitude.

Offline Calavera

• The Intellectually Deficient of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #108 on: September 28, 2011, 09:03:55 PM »
I understand the dislike for Odeon and his peculiar butthurt indifference to emotion, believe me I do, but it ain't worth it.

???

I've gotten into too many fights with people who think that the first person to show emotion is the loser. Now I just see that tactic, of escalating bullshit under the thin veneer of logical control and a big heaping dose of contempt, as yet another face of butthurt.

That's bullshit talk. It looks more like Mechanima has some psychological issues that Odeon is not responsible for in any way. As Bodie said, it could've been anyone - not just Odeon.

Offline Callaway

• Official Spokesperson for the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #109 on: September 28, 2011, 09:19:46 PM »

???

That's bullshit talk. It looks more like Mechanima has some psychological issues that Odeon is not responsible for in any way. As Bodie said, it could've been anyone - not just Odeon.

It didn't make any sense to me either.

Offline Pyraxis

• Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • aka Daria
« Reply #110 on: September 28, 2011, 10:29:02 PM »

Huh? Odeon's the one who started the callout. Because what, Mechanima was ignoring him?
You'll never self-actualize the subconscious canopy of stardust with that attitude.

Offline ProfessorFarnsworth

• Mad scientist at work
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Good news everyone!
« Reply #111 on: September 28, 2011, 10:40:01 PM »

Huh? Odeon's the one who started the callout. Because what, Mechanima was ignoring him?

I thought it was about the fact she made allegations of his character that sparked the callout. ???
Existence actually has two broad meanings despite its apparent meaningless. The constant reconciliation of all its parts, and the conservation of any closed system as a whole.

Morality can be extrapolated from these meanings to make these two commandments of godless morality: 1). Be in harmony with one another and 2). Care for the environment.

Offline Pyraxis

• Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • aka Daria
« Reply #112 on: September 28, 2011, 10:41:56 PM »
What thread did it originate from? All I've seen is what was in the first post of the callout.

Offline Callaway

• Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #113 on: September 28, 2011, 10:44:49 PM »

Odeon didn't call Mechanima out for ignoring him, it was for diaparaging his character and calling him, among other things, a "negative of some kind in the heart of his own community."  He laid out the reasons that he called her out here:

You wrote this, among other things:

I am not going to call it inappropriate to state that as an opinion, especially given some of what we post here for kicks, but I would consider it better argumentation for you to put some links, 2 or 3 would do, empirically backing your claim.

Well I am not going to, because it is the only honest way *I* feel, and the only honest reason why *I* will always ignore Odeon...and it is irrevocable...and I am not going to make up some bullshit you would prefer instead, but I am not interested in persuading anyone else to share that feeling with me.

Apart from the fact that most of you have a very different perspective on life to me (which is a factor in why you have such a solid group, that I will never be part of, after all), and see things, and people, a very different way to me...doomed to failure or not...striving to "prove" that Odeon is a negative of some kind in the heart of his own community would be a tacky thing to do.

Or, to put in very small simple words, I know you would love to have a row about this, because that is *your* way, but I wouldn't because it isn't *mine* , so that's not going to be able to happen.

...and this is probably where I should take my leave for another year or so. When I realised you could see me logged in to pm I didn't want to act like you all weren't even worth saying "Hi" to...because that is not how I feel...but I am so incompatible with the group here (and most of the planet too) that even saying "Hi" is such a minefield...I'd probably better not do it again.

Sorry about that...and I mean really sorry...

I'm a "negative"? Back it up instead of insulting me among the people I consider to be my friends.

I don't mind people disliking me or what I do, but enough guts and honesty to tell me why wouldn't hurt. You post about me, several times, but instead of telling me or others why, you tell us that you are not like that but you just *know*. After which you leave, like the sensitive little flower you are. a few surprise insults, then up and away for another year. That is just so *brave*.

And to top it, you hint that since it's my board, proving my negativeness would be tacky.

Laughable is also how you imply that if only I were as old and experienced as you are, I would agree that I'm such a negative force:

Was that a reply to MLA or to me? In any case, I'd say that you were being sensitive. It'll be interesting to see if you've grown a thicker one since.

I sincerely hope I haven't...

I ignore you because your whole attitude to life is cruelly misguided and bound to do someone who doesn't deserve it some serious damage some day, and whether it is deliberate on your part or not, it genuinely turns my stomach, to look at that - and it always will.

If you don't like that, it's your board, you can ban me for it, any time you like, but what you cannot do is get me to pretend to change who I am, and how I think to suit you. If you were really smart you might even recognise that I am older than you, and I have seen and experienced a lot more of life, and I might just have a point worth thinking about.

Only reason I can see you at all is because the board format has changed and I haven't found the ignore button...not yet.

It's understood that unless I agree with your bullshit, I'm simply not that smart.

It might not be how you work but if you are to visit again, I expect you to back up your words. I know, it might take another year, but I will remind you when that time comes, ignore or no ignore.

He wanted her to explain where or how she got that view of him.

Offline Callaway

• Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #114 on: September 28, 2011, 10:47:51 PM »

Offline Pyraxis

• Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • aka Daria
« Reply #115 on: September 28, 2011, 11:04:57 PM »
Wow... it started with an argument about who held responsibility when a spaz had a meltdown.

Then as far as I can tell without seeing Mechanima's deleted posts, she showed up and said hi to people in general, Odeon asked if she was still ignoring him ("still"? what happened in the past?) and everything went downhill from there.

Offline Callaway

• Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #116 on: September 28, 2011, 11:58:49 PM »
Wow... it started with an argument about who held responsibility when a spaz had a meltdown.

Then as far as I can tell without seeing Mechanima's deleted posts, she showed up and said hi to people in general, Odeon asked if she was still ignoring him ("still"? what happened in the past?) and everything went downhill from there.

I think that it might have started when she posted about her problems with Aspire and McJagger asked her if she thought that she was obsessing over it and Odeon agreed with that assessment, but it also could have started earlier.

I still like her and wish her well.  I think that it is normal to kind of obsess over a lawsuit when someone is suing you.

I wish she had accepted that her account would have been deleted in a week and hadn't threatened to hack the site to find a delete button, though.

Frolic_Fun

« Reply #117 on: September 29, 2011, 12:38:14 AM »
To be fair Pyraxis, if she did the same to me I'd also call her out. I'm pretty sure most people in general like to see justification rather than someone playing the victim and not giving any real reason for it. Regardless of what Odeon said, it was herself who escalated it. She could have easily left without this drama if she felt like this place was not for her.
« Last Edit: September 29, 2011, 12:41:14 AM by Schleed »

eris

« Reply #118 on: September 29, 2011, 12:41:01 AM »
She wasn't just saying hi to people in general. She was being very passive-agressive, pretending to be nice while always implying that she did not care and was not affected by what they said and that she was above this place and everyone in it.

Offline ProfessorFarnsworth

• Mad scientist at work
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Good news everyone!
« Reply #119 on: September 29, 2011, 12:45:02 AM »
She wasn't just saying hi to people in general. She was being very passive-agressive, pretending to be nice while always implying that she did not care and was not affected by what they said and that she was above this place and everyone in it.

Why yes, she was so "not affected by us" she had to reply to everything said about her to get the last word. :zoinks:
Existence actually has two broad meanings despite its apparent meaningless. The constant reconciliation of all its parts, and the conservation of any closed system as a whole.

Morality can be extrapolated from these meanings to make these two commandments of godless morality: 1). Be in harmony with one another and 2). Care for the environment.