Educational

Author Topic: So happy. My team won a huge game  (Read 300 times)

Offline 'Butterflies'

• Mastermind of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
So happy. My team won a huge game
« on: September 21, 2011, 07:19:43 PM »
Watched my football team, Falkirk beat the best team in Scotland, Rangers in the Cup.

Amazing game. We went 2-0 up. They scored 2 late goals to equalize, and then we scored the winner in the last minute. We were jumping around the house screming when we scored the winner. Even my 59 year old uncle.

We play in the league below them, so this is a massive surprise result.

It's made all the sweeter by the fact that my team almost went out of business during the summer, and to survive they had to release almost all their players, and play with practically their youth team. Thankfully our young players are amazing, and way better than the adult players they replaced.
One of our best players has only recently turned 16, and most of the rest of the team are under 19.

The team broadcasts all its games live over the internet, so we're able to watch the games, even though we live in N.Ireland.
We are pretty drunk at the moment, because we decided to have a drink to celebrate.

Offline renaeden

• Complicated Case of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
Re: So happy. My team won a huge game
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2011, 07:49:09 PM »
Wow, what a young team. They must be pretty talented. And it is always awesome to see the underdogs beat the supposed best in the game. I hope they no longer have threats of going out of business.
Mildly Cute in a Retarded Way
Tek'ma'tae

Offline 'Butterflies'

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2011, 08:05:06 PM »
Wow, what a young team. They must be pretty talented. And it is always awesome to see the underdogs beat the supposed best in the game. I hope they no longer have threats of going out of business.

Thanks.

We still have big money issues for now, but a lot of the young players are likely to be sold on to bigger teams for a lot of money. That should get us out of trouble.

I know that the youngest player is being scouted by Sophs team, Manchester United.

Offline Queen Victoria

• Ruler of Aspie Universe
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2011, 08:45:09 PM »
I know the feeling since I follow the New Orleans Saints.  Will Falkirk have a parade to celebrate?  It's usual in the USA. 

P.S.  Are you sure you only had a drink?
A good monarch is a treasure. A good politician is an oxymoron.

My brain is both uninhibited and uninhabited.

:qv:

Offline skyblue1

• Overlooked of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #4 on: September 21, 2011, 08:49:16 PM »
I know the feeling since I follow the New Orleans Saints.  Will Falkirk have a parade to celebrate?  It's usual in the USA. 

Go Panthers.......we will play them Saints real soon.

Offline 'Butterflies'

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #5 on: September 21, 2011, 08:59:18 PM »

:lol:

I've had lots of drinks :laugh:

There won't be a parade. It was only one game, we haven't actually won any tournament, we'd have to go all the way and win the cup to get a parade. That would be almost impossible.

It was just one unbelievable freak result that comes around once or twice in a lifetime. The combined wage bill of our whole team is barely half that of any one of their players. A fair few of our players are still at school.

P7PSP

« Reply #6 on: September 21, 2011, 09:08:31 PM »
 :thumbup: I know what you mean Butterflies. Having an under dog win is even better when the coach/players of the other teams get their knickers in a knot over it.

Yeah but at least the t'ain'ts have a Lombardi trophy now.