Author Topic: What have you done today? (Pt 2)  (Read 157686 times)

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
Re: What have you done today? (Pt 2)
« Reply #2925 on: December 12, 2012, 02:08:09 PM »
Worked. Went to the psych doctor with my son and yelled at the former. Worked some more.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline Pyraxis

• Werewolf Wrangler of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • aka Daria
« Reply #2926 on: December 12, 2012, 06:25:58 PM »
What did he do? The psych doctor I mean.
You'll never self-actualize the subconscious canopy of stardust with that attitude.

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #2927 on: December 12, 2012, 06:39:29 PM »
Took a razor to my wrists :zoinks:  I got a load of spray foam stuck on the hairs on my wrists at work, plucking was very painful so I shaved my wrists
"Eat it up.  Wear it out.  Make it do or do without." 

'People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it.'
George Bernard Shaw

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #2928 on: December 13, 2012, 12:33:59 AM »

It was a she.

My kid turned 18 in October, which means that he is to be transferred to the adult psych care from the kids equivalent here.

In June, he dot a comorbid dx, ADD, and was suggested Ritalin at the meeting we had. The kid wanted to think about it but instead of following the law and waiting for his decision and prescribing it when and if he said yes, the she-doctor simply initiated the paperwork for handing him over to the adult psych care.

When my kid had thought about it, which took a week plus the holidays happening in the summer, he wanted to try it but the adult care had no doctor's appointments to offer in several months--as it turned out, their doc quit and there ARE NO permanent docs around there right now. The kids psych care wanted no part of it, OTOH, because he would be an adult in short order, giving some pathetic excuses to that effect.

So we complained to the she-doctor's boss because she is bound by law to remain his doctor until a transfer has actually taken place and he gets the help he needs, so reluctantly she finally produced another appointment for us, after MONTHS of stalling. That appointment was yesterday.

When we arrived there, what happened was that instead of giving him a prescription and a new appointment for monitoring the meds for the first week, she handed over a postit note with an appointment with a doctor at the adult health care at the end of fucking January next year, saying that this was simply a closing meeting and she wouldn't be responsible for his medication now that he had a scheduled appointment. Which is breaking the law since a scheduled appointment does not equal a transfer.

And that's where I blew my top. It's her fucking responsibility until he's been admitted which can only happen after an evaluation. I told her what I thought of this whole thing and said I'd go to her boss again.

I'm making a formal complaint.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline Calavera

• The Intellectually Deficient of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #2929 on: December 13, 2012, 04:34:13 AM »
I agree with making the complaint.

Offline Calavera

• The Intellectually Deficient of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #2930 on: December 13, 2012, 07:20:20 AM »
Managed to shave off most of the hair on my chest and stomach and ruined the soap cleaning my body after it (it itched like hell). I'll figure out tomorrow how to delicately get rid of the hair around my nipples.

Offline MissKitty

• Pet of The Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore
« Reply #2931 on: December 13, 2012, 12:20:15 PM »

It was a she.

My kid turned 18 in October, which means that he is to be transferred to the adult psych care from the kids equivalent here.

In June, he dot a comorbid dx, ADD, and was suggested Ritalin at the meeting we had. The kid wanted to think about it but instead of following the law and waiting for his decision and prescribing it when and if he said yes, the she-doctor simply initiated the paperwork for handing him over to the adult psych care.

When my kid had thought about it, which took a week plus the holidays happening in the summer, he wanted to try it but the adult care had no doctor's appointments to offer in several months--as it turned out, their doc quit and there ARE NO permanent docs around there right now. The kids psych care wanted no part of it, OTOH, because he would be an adult in short order, giving some pathetic excuses to that effect.

So we complained to the she-doctor's boss because she is bound by law to remain his doctor until a transfer has actually taken place and he gets the help he needs, so reluctantly she finally produced another appointment for us, after MONTHS of stalling. That appointment was yesterday.

When we arrived there, what happened was that instead of giving him a prescription and a new appointment for monitoring the meds for the first week, she handed over a postit note with an appointment with a doctor at the adult health care at the end of fucking January next year, saying that this was simply a closing meeting and she wouldn't be responsible for his medication now that he had a scheduled appointment. Which is breaking the law since a scheduled appointment does not equal a transfer.

And that's where I blew my top. It's her fucking responsibility until he's been admitted which can only happen after an evaluation. I told her what I thought of this whole thing and said I'd go to her boss again.

I'm making a formal complaint.
Good for you. It is bloody ridiculous considering by age of majority yes he is indeed an adult but that doesn't mean his emotional/cognitive age matches it and he has every right to take the time he needs to think over his options without being pushed through a system without his knowledge or consent. Makes me upset on your behalf.  >:(

As for me I taught more lessons and have figured out a way to teach content that is more easily retained by the oldest. Did more cleaning, dishes, laundry and tidying up. Got my lists ready for the remainder of my christmas shopping tomorrow, emailed the ex, call a company who is supposed to be delivering my package which has yet to show up and started my reading for puppy training. Looking forward to picking up the youngest. Haven't seen her since Tuesday evening.
"Thousands of years ago, cats were worshipped as gods. Cats have never forgotten this." - Anonymous

"Sleep, structure and time are a wonderful loom to weave a life on." ~ Her Majesty

Offline Queen Victoria

• Ruler of Aspie Universe
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #2932 on: December 13, 2012, 01:30:07 PM »
Odeon, I totally understand your frustration.  New Orleans has a shortage of mental health care professionals and beds.  When the PR was suicidal about 4 years ago, she was too old for adolescent/pediatric care and too mentally retarded to be placed with adults.  So I ended up spending 3 weeks watching her.  I will say that she had virtually no chance of actually committing suicide.  I was there mostly to hold her and pet her.  Still it was exhausting.
A good monarch is a treasure. A good politician is an oxymoron.

My brain is both uninhibited and uninhabited.

:qv:

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #2933 on: December 13, 2012, 04:45:07 PM »
They are just moving people around the system instead of helping them and if the poor bastard in need happens to be a young autistic person, they won't even stop to think about it. It's a fucking disgrace and I wonder if they ever really moved past the refrigerator mum theories cos they don't seem to realise that some people can really be at their mercy.

So fucking pissed off by this.

- Albert Einstein

P7PSP

« Reply #2934 on: December 13, 2012, 05:21:39 PM »
Found a bunch of check stubs to take to my union hall to get health care cleared up on the one hand and get my NEBF (International retirement fund) credit for 2011 cleared up. It was a bit of a nuisance but at least I like the officers at my Local. It was nice seeing them. Now I have to work out whether to go to tomorrow night's meeting/Christmas party.

Offline Pyraxis

• Werewolf Wrangler of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • aka Daria
« Reply #2935 on: December 13, 2012, 06:46:48 PM »
They are just moving people around the system instead of helping them and if the poor bastard in need happens to be a young autistic person, they won't even stop to think about it. It's a fucking disgrace and I wonder if they ever really moved past the refrigerator mum theories cos they don't seem to realise that some people can really be at their mercy.

It's ridiculous and I don't have the foggiest idea what can be done about it. I hope they're not as bad as France but from what you described it doesn't sound good.
You'll never self-actualize the subconscious canopy of stardust with that attitude.

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #2936 on: December 13, 2012, 07:44:08 PM »
Finished spray foaming a small kitchen renovation

George Bernard Shaw

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #2937 on: December 14, 2012, 04:23:15 PM »

It's ridiculous and I don't have the foggiest idea what can be done about it. I hope they're not as bad as France but from what you described it doesn't sound good.

I don't know what to do either, tbh. I won't shut up about it, but I don't know what to do to help my kid.

- Albert Einstein

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #2938 on: December 14, 2012, 05:35:23 PM »
Managed to shave off most of the hair on my chest and stomach and ruined the soap cleaning my body after it (it itched like hell). I'll figure out tomorrow how to delicately get rid of the hair around my nipples.

How did I miss this one?  Got to ask why and if you thought it itched now wait till it starts to come back in and is all stubby :zombiefuck:

George Bernard Shaw

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #2939 on: December 15, 2012, 05:52:33 AM »
:laundry:

- Albert Einstein