Author Topic: What have you done today? (Pt 2)  (Read 157390 times)

Offline lutra

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • nosce te ipsum
Re: What have you done today? (Pt 2)
« Reply #2730 on: November 08, 2012, 03:48:15 PM »
Today I (finally) connected my interactive TV box (and TV) upstairs with the modem downstairs. Was procrastinating the task of 'laying' the Cat 5 cable for a couple of days already and..

Um,  had to demolish a piece of wooden siding in my bedroom in order to be able to drill a hole in the wall behind the wood. There's now a mattress in front of, and thus covering it up, the ugly part of wood.. which ja, I'll have to fix later on.

Hole in the floor was already there but it was not really easy to get the cable through it. Well, long story shorter.. I now have interactive TV upstairs.. and I'm a tadski disappointed, tbh. It's slow and the remote for the i-box doesn't properly work, I tell ya..

Tomorrow I will dive into it a tadski further.. cos 'me' brain needs to get away from that type of shite, currently.

Also, showered, fed myself at noon, had a coffee, brushed teeth, did some grocery shopping, made dinner (Jamie Oliver's zucchini/courgette alla carbonara recipe I posted, in the form of a youtube video, in 'what are watching at the moment?' thread earlier), did the dishes and plus also.. did some other things this day too.

Should go to bed now.. for my back hurts and I'm tired.. but dunno.. if I'll do that soon.
Solum certum nihil esse certi et homine nihil miserius aut superbius.

Offline 'andersom'

• Pure Chocolate Bovine PIMP of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • well known as hyke.
« Reply #2731 on: November 08, 2012, 03:51:26 PM »
Used bleach today, to de-mould the ceiling of my bathroom.
Only use bleach once a year or so, but, other stuff just doesn't get the job done.
Don't like to use it, but, I do love the feel and smell of it on my hands.
One of my favourite child-memories, sniffing at the hands of my mother, Saturday evening, after she had used bleach for the sink, and to get stains from her hands.

Bleach a very safe (and effective) disinfectant; it decomposes to water and sodium chloride, and doesn't have any of the problems that other disinfectants have with lingering in the environment, causing liver damage, endocrine disruption and that kind of thing.  I use it for disinfecting aquariums and equipment, since it won't leave behind any residue that would cause problems for my creatures.  It's the kind of thing where any harm it does is immediately obvious (stinging eyes, hoarse throat) and generally temporary (barring fatalities in meth labs), rather than the kind of thing where you find out months or years later that you're infertile or have cancer.

Guess that now all sceptic tanks have been overruled, you are probably right.  I am still from the sceptic tank generation, and the regular use of bleach would kill the whole water purification system.
My parents were still on it till two years ago. Cancer treatment made the use of bleach obligatory, within a few weeks their system was destroyed.

If you ever have to deal with a septic tank again, try rinsing bleach away with a solution of vitamin C when you're using it in a place where it'll end up in the tank; 2.5 parts ascorbic acid will react with 1 part of hypocholorous acid to form harmless dehydroascorbic acid, hydrochloric acid and water.  75g of vitamin C should be enough to dechlorinate the contents of a 1 litre bottle of thin (3%) bleach.  I can fill my tanks directly with chlorinated tapwater without disturbing the microbial balance as long as I add ascorbic acid first, and when I sterilise things with bleach, I make up an ascorbic acid solution in a spray bottle and use that to neutralise anything that hasn't rinsed off.

Using Vitamin C To Neutralize Chlorine in Water Systems

Very useful.

And, to get the right bacteria back in the septic tank, adding a dead, rotting chicken does the trick.

Oh, the things that can be learned on I2.  :laugh:
I can do upside down chocolate moo things!

Offline Queen Victoria

• Ruler of Aspie Universe
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #2732 on: November 08, 2012, 03:52:47 PM »
^Hope the PR is ok.

I woke up and got ready to go out
Fed the cats and the magpie
Went to Ceilidh's and then took her to get an ultrasound of her foot done
Went and got something to eat at the shops
Bought Star Trek Catan and a Christmas present for Ceilidh's mum
Went back to Ceilidh's and played the game we bought for ages :)
Came home and fed the cats and magpie again
Did a load of washing and hung it out
Had dinner
Now on here.

The PR is milking it for all it's worth.  She complained a week or so ago about her foot hurting her.  I looked at it and saw a white hard area about 1/4 inch around with a hole in it.  Her complaints were sporadic, so I sort of forgot about it.  She brought it up again yesterday on the way to the Neurologist.  We stopped to buy a corn plaster to put on it.  In the parking lot sunlight I saw where there was a dark spot deep inside.  That evening I knew it was going to be too hard to pick it out, so we went to the Urgent Care clinic (with the additional goal of her flu shot).  When the doc swabbed her foot with betadine it lit up like the Dark Lord's fireworks.  Lots of teeny, tiny specks under the skin.  He managed to work on the 2 largest and got one piece of glass out.  Anyway she's on topical and oral antibiotics.  This morning she told me she had told the doc the wrong foot   :zombiefuck:.  By golly, she was right.  I took a needle to it, but as expected, wasn't successful.  Just told her it was probably a scab formed under her skin, to tough it out.

She's proud of her first "surgery" and expects to be treated like the royalty she is, thus the magazine.

How did Ceilidh's ultrasound come out?
A good monarch is a treasure. A good politician is an oxymoron.

My brain is both uninhibited and uninhabited.

:qv:

Offline 'andersom'

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • well known as hyke.
« Reply #2733 on: November 08, 2012, 03:59:53 PM »
^Hope the PR is ok.

I woke up and got ready to go out
Fed the cats and the magpie
Went to Ceilidh's and then took her to get an ultrasound of her foot done
Went and got something to eat at the shops
Bought Star Trek Catan and a Christmas present for Ceilidh's mum
Went back to Ceilidh's and played the game we bought for ages :)
Came home and fed the cats and magpie again
Did a load of washing and hung it out
Had dinner
Now on here.

The PR is milking it for all it's worth.  She complained a week or so ago about her foot hurting her.  I looked at it and saw a white hard area about 1/4 inch around with a hole in it.  Her complaints were sporadic, so I sort of forgot about it.  She brought it up again yesterday on the way to the Neurologist.  We stopped to buy a corn plaster to put on it.  In the parking lot sunlight I saw where there was a dark spot deep inside.  That evening I knew it was going to be too hard to pick it out, so we went to the Urgent Care clinic (with the additional goal of her flu shot).  When the doc swabbed her foot with betadine it lit up like the Dark Lord's fireworks.  Lots of teeny, tiny specks under the skin.  He managed to work on the 2 largest and got one piece of glass out.  Anyway she's on topical and oral antibiotics.  This morning she told me she had told the doc the wrong foot   :zombiefuck:.  By golly, she was right.  I took a needle to it, but as expected, wasn't successful.  Just told her it was probably a scab formed under her skin, to tough it out.

She's proud of her first "surgery" and expects to be treated like the royalty she is, thus the magazine.

:hug: and some tea, for the caretaker of the PR.

Glass will remove itself, in the end, can take a long time, but, it will get out. I once had this "surgery" done, couple of months after treading in glass. The GP then did not find glass, but, a sub-dermal wart. He then took a soldering iron, to burn it away. My mother fainted, at the sight of the smoke curling upwards.  :laugh:
The PR can now give it some time for the wound to clean and heal itself. Toughing it out is very doable with not to deep glass-wounds.
It will make her a :viking: princess.

Offline MissKitty

• Pet of The Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore
« Reply #2734 on: November 08, 2012, 05:24:56 PM »
Dishes and washing clothes. Got the oldest into the shower and organized his clothes. He unloaded the dishwasher and fixed my tv for me. So thankful. Sorted a bin of things I had been avoiding. Very glad it's done. Made some meals, tidied up the family room. Inspected some potential mouse entry points and made a list of supplies to buy. About to head out to a late night psych appt for the oldest and enjoy the hour to myself in the waiting room.
"Thousands of years ago, cats were worshipped as gods. Cats have never forgotten this." - Anonymous

"Sleep, structure and time are a wonderful loom to weave a life on." ~ Her Majesty

Offline renaeden

• Complicated Case of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #2735 on: November 09, 2012, 06:49:02 AM »
Not sure yet. She had both feet scanned so there was comparison. Won't find out the results until next Thursday. The doctor said it could be plantar fasciitis.

Today I went to see my psych. Got a new med (fluoxetine). The doctor asked about my asexuality again and said that I am missing out on something nice. I think he thinks there is something medically wrong with me.

After that I went back to Ceilidh's and watched Deep Space Nine. Then I came home and brought washing in, swept the floor, fed the cats, magpie and myself, now on here.
Mildly Cute in a Retarded Way
Tek'ma'tae

Offline MissKitty

• Pet of The Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore
« Reply #2736 on: November 09, 2012, 06:54:25 AM »
Not sure yet. She had both feet scanned so there was comparison. Won't find out the results until next Thursday. The doctor said it could be plantar fasciitis.

Today I went to see my psych. Got a new med (fluoxetine). The doctor asked about my asexuality again and said that I am missing out on something nice. I think he thinks there is something medically wrong with me.

After that I went back to Ceilidh's and watched Deep Space Nine. Then I came home and brought washing in, swept the floor, fed the cats, magpie and myself, now on here.
Wonder how much experience he has dealing with asexuality. It's nothing you can "cure" or "talk a person into doing." Sounds like he's exploring whether or not you have a mental block against it.
"Thousands of years ago, cats were worshipped as gods. Cats have never forgotten this." - Anonymous

"Sleep, structure and time are a wonderful loom to weave a life on." ~ Her Majesty

Offline renaeden

• Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #2737 on: November 09, 2012, 07:21:15 AM »
I don't even know myself whether I have a mental block against it or not. I have just known this about myself since before puberty. I always knew I would not have kids and maybe never have a boyfriend or girlfriend (although I have had boyfriends). I have tried sex and from that experience come to the conclusion that it is not for me.

It does make it hard when sex is a big thing in the media and people discuss it a lot. And I don't know if I will ever have a relationship again because sex is a big part of "normal" relationships.
Tek'ma'tae

Offline Peter

• Amazing Cyber-Human Hybrid
  • Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
« Reply #2738 on: November 09, 2012, 07:58:22 AM »
I think my own hyposexuality and lack of enjoyment from sex is due to a medical issue.  If I'm diagnosed with dopa-responsive dystonia and put on levodopa, it might resolve the sexual issues too.  Then again, I might end up with hyper-sexuality as a result of hedonistic homeostatic dysregulation after prolonged treatment with levodopa.
14:10 - Moarskrillex42: She said something about knowing why I wanted to move to Glasgow when she came in. She plopped down on my bed and told me to go ahead and open it for her.

14:11 - Peter5930: So, she thought I was your lover and that I was sending you a box full of sex toys, and that you wanted to move to Glasgow to be with me?

Offline renaeden

• Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #2739 on: November 09, 2012, 08:06:26 AM »
You could probably tell that by how you felt in the past about sex and what experiences you have had. If you have slowly been leaning towards hyposexuality over time, then it could very well be a medical issue.
Tek'ma'tae

midlifeaspie

« Reply #2740 on: November 09, 2012, 10:02:56 AM »
Low testosterone levels in a woman can cause a complete lack of libido.  Sex-drive (sexuality) is driven by hormones, have you ever been tested?

Offline MissKitty

• Pet of The Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore
« Reply #2741 on: November 09, 2012, 10:28:50 AM »
I don't even know myself whether I have a mental block against it or not. I have just known this about myself since before puberty. I always knew I would not have kids and maybe never have a boyfriend or girlfriend (although I have had boyfriends). I have tried sex and from that experience come to the conclusion that it is not for me.

It does make it hard when sex is a big thing in the media and people discuss it a lot. And I don't know if I will ever have a relationship again because sex is a big part of "normal" relationships.
I say whatever the outcome, just be true to yourself, Ren. That is by far more important than trying to be something that you're not, and doing things that feel foreign to your body. It's perfectly okay that sex is not for you and if you wanted a companion I hope you find someone who fits your needs. Shared interests, and shared disinterests so that sex isn't an issue for either of you. At the same time, being on ones own is perfectly fine too. I think we're pressured to live our lives a certain way and to conform. The pressure makes it difficult. I hope you can make peace with whatever your decisions are and live your life according to what feels right for you :hug:

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #2742 on: November 09, 2012, 11:06:20 AM »
I was at work but I'm not sure if I did anything useful between meetings. :P
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #2743 on: November 09, 2012, 11:33:30 AM »
Priced materials for a couple jobs I am bidding
Looked at two houses that I will be working on in the next two weeks
One I repaired storm damage on last year and now am going back and repairing the same thing again
"Eat it up.  Wear it out.  Make it do or do without." 

'People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it.'
George Bernard Shaw

Offline 'andersom'

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • well known as hyke.
« Reply #2744 on: November 09, 2012, 12:24:26 PM »

I say whatever the outcome, just be true to yourself, Ren. That is by far more important than trying to be something that you're not, and doing things that feel foreign to your body. It's perfectly okay that sex is not for you and if you wanted a companion I hope you find someone who fits your needs. Shared interests, and shared disinterests so that sex isn't an issue for either of you. At the same time, being on ones own is perfectly fine too. I think we're pressured to live our lives a certain way and to conform. The pressure makes it difficult. I hope you can make peace with whatever your decisions are and live your life according to what feels right for you :hug:
:indeed:

I know sexual orientation and sex drive sometimes does indicate something going on in someone, but, a lot of times, sex drive and sexual orientation just are part of who you are, without any deeper or problematic thing being the cause for who and how you are.