Educational

Author Topic: What have you done today? (Pt 2)  (Read 157257 times)

Offline MissKitty

• Pet of The Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore
Re: What have you done today? (Pt 2)
« Reply #1785 on: July 05, 2012, 07:31:25 PM »
Today started off as a "if I just make it through the day that will be enough" type of day but it eventually got better. Lots of swimming and outdoor play. Followed by cooking, dishes, laundry, tidying kitchen counters and the front hall.
"Thousands of years ago, cats were worshipped as gods. Cats have never forgotten this." - Anonymous

"Sleep, structure and time are a wonderful loom to weave a life on." ~ Her Majesty

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #1786 on: July 05, 2012, 11:28:51 PM »
Saw my orthoptist today. She said that the results from the surgery last year are no longer visible. Whatever the surgery managed to correct in terms of eye alignment is now gone. :(
Ugh you're kidding me. :( Now what?

Possibly, surgery to strengthen the weak muscle on the inside of my left eye that is causing it. If the opthamologist thinks it's safe enough, that is. The really fucked-up thing about this is that the problem is likely to worsen over time because everything I do with the eyes will strain the muscles--it's enough to focus on close range. The weak muscle can't cope with the others pulling away on that eye.

Interestingly, she thought correcting the optical defects through laser surgery might help because then there would be one less cause for muscle strain. I'm going to look into that next week.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline bodie

• Reflective Katoptronaphiliac of the Aspie Elite
  • News Box Slave
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • busy re arranging deck chairs on board the Titanic
« Reply #1787 on: July 06, 2012, 02:24:32 AM »
I think laser surgery is amazing.   My Dad had it done.  The day after her sat down and read his newspaper and said it was the first time he was able to actually read it for about ten years.

I think it is expensive, though.
blah blah blah

Offline Peter

• Amazing Cyber-Human Hybrid
  • Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
« Reply #1788 on: July 06, 2012, 03:04:44 AM »
I looked into laser surgery, but I was put off by the decreased night vision, increased floaters, glare and halos and the fact that you can end up needing glasses again in 5-10 years.
14:10 - Moarskrillex42: She said something about knowing why I wanted to move to Glasgow when she came in. She plopped down on my bed and told me to go ahead and open it for her.

14:11 - Peter5930: So, she thought I was your lover and that I was sending you a box full of sex toys, and that you wanted to move to Glasgow to be with me?

Offline MissKitty

• Pet of The Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore
« Reply #1789 on: July 06, 2012, 08:43:55 AM »
Saw my orthoptist today. She said that the results from the surgery last year are no longer visible. Whatever the surgery managed to correct in terms of eye alignment is now gone. :(
Ugh you're kidding me. :( Now what?

Possibly, surgery to strengthen the weak muscle on the inside of my left eye that is causing it. If the opthamologist thinks it's safe enough, that is. The really fucked-up thing about this is that the problem is likely to worsen over time because everything I do with the eyes will strain the muscles--it's enough to focus on close range. The weak muscle can't cope with the others pulling away on that eye.

Interestingly, she thought correcting the optical defects through laser surgery might help because then there would be one less cause for muscle strain. I'm going to look into that next week.
at least you still have some viable options :hug:
"Thousands of years ago, cats were worshipped as gods. Cats have never forgotten this." - Anonymous

"Sleep, structure and time are a wonderful loom to weave a life on." ~ Her Majesty

midlifeaspie

« Reply #1790 on: July 06, 2012, 08:58:58 AM »
I finally beat Adam:

User MAX smiting other users:                   Atticus Fincher [370]

Offline MissKitty

• Pet of The Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore
« Reply #1791 on: July 06, 2012, 09:16:05 AM »
So far I've made cinnamon rolls for the kids for breakfast which made me Mum of the year
took the compost, garbage and recycling out before the truck arrived early in the morning
Waited for the ex show up to pick up his mail
Dinner is in the crockpot
Kitchen is clean
Thinking about what to make for lunch  :apondering:

Offline Lestat

• Pharmaceutical dustbin of the autie elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Homo stercore veteris, heterodiem
« Reply #1792 on: July 06, 2012, 01:08:34 PM »
Gone shopping, for ingredients for a chilli.

Going to do it as follows:

A lean steak mince, (about a half kilo ish, to 3/4kg) kidney bean and chickpea chilli con carne
Added at the last few minutes:
Some conchiglie pasta shells, some fried oyster mushrooms in butter.
Some mushrooms (Agaricus spp.)
Spices/herbs:

Some tabasco sauce, some habanero tabasco, a smoked chipotle dried chilli, a fresh birdseye chilli, some cracked black pepper,a sprinkle of salt and ground pepper, two teaspoons full of powdered fly agaric (Amanita muscaria), a couple of bay leaves, some hot chilli powder, going to throw in a handful of dried Cep (Boletus edulis, the penny bun bolete, it has an intense mushroomy flavour, the archetypal 'mushroomy' taste, so unlike those tasteless white button mushrooms one finds in supermarkets), and to finish it off; some dried, powdered Chalciporus piperatus, the peppery bolete.

I am gutted that the final two ingredients I wanted I couldn't find in the shops, fresh shiitakes and dried morels. I thought I had some dried Morchella elata, the black morel; one of my favourite species but I used them all the last time I did some steaks. Searched all over the fucking place in tesco and the house.

To be served in enchilada wraps, and topped with a little grated mix of mozarella and cheddar (don't really like cheddar but there is only a bit in there), and some finely shredded emmental.

Not had a chilli in AGES. Wish I had some morels though, and shiitakes.

Pudding is going to be a simple and refreshing pair of melons. One cantaloupe, one watermelon and one gala melon, sprinkled with a little fresh lime juice and grated lime zest.

And of course, a couple of nice cold beers. Picked up a couple of light, yet strong chinese lagers. Ones I have never tasted before. Gordon fucking ramsey eat your heart out (served with gravy of course:D)s
Beyond the pale. Way, way beyond the pale.

Requiescat in pacem, Wolfish, beloved of Pyraxis.

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #1793 on: July 06, 2012, 03:49:48 PM »
Went to a few tag sales
Lots of yard work I must be getting sick or something  :zombiefuck:
Worked on some projects about the house
"Eat it up.  Wear it out.  Make it do or do without." 

'People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it.'
George Bernard Shaw

Offline Queen Victoria

• Ruler of Aspie Universe
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #1794 on: July 06, 2012, 06:06:54 PM »
Ate b'fast out.  Bought shoes and 7 tops for the PR, 6 tops for me ($3 each on closeout), unsuccessfully aided the PR in searching for the magazines she bought and lost in the store along with the change from the $20 bill.  The store told her to just go pick out the magazines again.  Took her to bowling, home to feed the family.  Will call it an early night soon.
A good monarch is a treasure. A good politician is an oxymoron.

My brain is both uninhibited and uninhabited.

:qv:

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #1795 on: July 06, 2012, 07:07:20 PM »
Plugged a cord in that must have had something metal across the prongs and had it blow back off with an arc, smoke and flames  :o
"Eat it up.  Wear it out.  Make it do or do without." 

'People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it.'
George Bernard Shaw

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #1796 on: July 09, 2012, 02:57:20 AM »
I looked into laser surgery, but I was put off by the decreased night vision, increased floaters, glare and halos and the fact that you can end up needing glasses again in 5-10 years.

What was the laser surgery method you looked into? I'd like to know more about the risks you mention--I have heard about the decreased night vision, glares and halos, but the floaters are new to me.

I already have a problem with floaters. My eye muscles probably already cause more of those than is the case for most people, when pulling and straining the eyes.

Re halos and glare: Does these have to do with the optical area the laser works on being too small?
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #1797 on: July 09, 2012, 02:58:04 AM »
I think laser surgery is amazing.   My Dad had it done.  The day after her sat down and read his newspaper and said it was the first time he was able to actually read it for about ten years.

I think it is expensive, though.

It is expensive, yes, but I think my options are limited.

- Albert Einstein

Offline ShyOne

• Elder
  • Intense Poster
« Reply #1798 on: July 09, 2012, 05:35:39 AM »
I had that job interview. I aced it, answering everything pretty well. They never asked for that bloody form I spent ages worrying over last night and I found out more about the job.

I'm gonna be working in their complaints department if I get the job, bloody great. :GA:

I wish I did horribly on the interview but I think I aced it :/

Offline 'andersom'

• Pure Chocolate Bovine PIMP of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • well known as hyke.
« Reply #1799 on: July 09, 2012, 05:49:09 AM »
I had that job interview. I aced it, answering everything pretty well. They never asked for that bloody form I spent ages worrying over last night and I found out more about the job.

I'm gonna be working in their complaints department if I get the job, bloody great. :GA:

I wish I did horribly on the interview but I think I aced it :/

Scary, but, very awesome too.

Would you like the job, if you got it?
I can do upside down chocolate moo things!