Educational

Author Topic: What have you done today? (Pt 2)  (Read 157661 times)

Celticgoddess

Re: What have you done today? (Pt 2)
« Reply #180 on: October 21, 2011, 04:35:49 PM »
Woke up with a killer headache which took nearly 9 hours to relieve. Beyond the usual domestic/teaching duties I went to the grocery store. Hung out with monkeyboy. Talked to my lawyer. Played with monkeygirl.

Offline Trigger 11

• Dark Jedi Master
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • May the FORCE be with you...always!!!
« Reply #181 on: October 21, 2011, 04:38:45 PM »
I need a lawyer!
Crazy, I'm halfway to crazy
Suicide would waste me
Homicide would break me
Tongue tied and tied to the tongue
Oh, is life as bad as dreams
I guess that's just the way it seems

Celticgoddess

« Reply #182 on: October 21, 2011, 04:40:52 PM »

Offline Trigger 11

• Dark Jedi Master
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #183 on: October 21, 2011, 04:42:57 PM »
Bitch wife!
Suicide would waste me
Homicide would break me

Celticgoddess

« Reply #184 on: October 21, 2011, 04:47:45 PM »
Bitch wife!
Ah. Gotcha. You guys still living together? Ex drama when kids are involved is never fun.  :P

Offline Trigger 11

• Dark Jedi Master
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #185 on: October 21, 2011, 04:53:59 PM »
What are yo talking about? It's the bees knees, especially when they are psychotically irrational and utterly delusional. When I am alone with the minions they say they want me to buy a second house so they can live with me. She is clueless and/or delusional regarding how negatively she impacts them.
Suicide would waste me
Homicide would break me

Celticgoddess

« Reply #186 on: October 21, 2011, 04:55:46 PM »
What are yo talking about? It's the bees knees, especially when they are psychotically irrational and utterly delusional. When I am alone with the minions they say they want me to buy a second house so they can live with me. She is clueless and/or delusional regarding how negatively she impacts them.
Totally could have written that about what's going on here as well.

eris

« Reply #187 on: October 21, 2011, 04:57:59 PM »
I know this is totally random, but now that you 2 are engaged in covo I have a q for you both, as I am also still married.

Ever find someone doesn't want to go out with you because you are still technically married ? It is really holding me back I think...

Offline Trigger 11

• Dark Jedi Master
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #188 on: October 21, 2011, 04:59:57 PM »
Yes, I've tried at times to think o your situation and how you were handling it. To put the minions in the middle is just wrong and I am forced to slowly gather evidence to her outbursts, which makes me feel guilty.
Suicide would waste me
Homicide would break me

Celticgoddess

« Reply #189 on: October 21, 2011, 05:05:00 PM »
Yes, I've tried at times to think o your situation and how you were handling it. To put the minions in the middle is just wrong and I am forced to slowly gather evidence to her outbursts, which makes me feel guilty.

I know. Every crazy making action/reaction/delusional argument and I'm firing off yet another letter to my lawyer to document it. Yet I have to keep going back to the realization that it's not *my* fault that he's unstable and it's my job as a parent to protect my kids so I do what I have to do. Easier said than done though.

Celticgoddess

« Reply #190 on: October 21, 2011, 05:06:18 PM »
I know this is totally random, but now that you 2 are engaged in covo I have a q for you both, as I am also still married.

Ever find someone doesn't want to go out with you because you are still technically married ? It is really holding me back I think...
Yup. I think people can be skeptical though thinking....is she REALLY separated or is this an affair. And then people think that if you haven't gotten divorced yet, you'll go back to your ex and they're nervous about letting themselves get involved, especially emotionally.

eris

« Reply #191 on: October 21, 2011, 05:08:26 PM »
yes same thing happens to me, they think i might just be wanting an affair. They say, "If you arent with your husband anymore why aren't you divorced ? "

I say, "good question, ask him ! "

Celticgoddess

« Reply #192 on: October 21, 2011, 05:14:06 PM »
yes same thing happens to me, they think i might just be wanting an affair. They say, "If you arent with your husband anymore why aren't you divorced ? "

I say, "good question, ask him ! "
yeah one thing that really pisses me off is people who make assumptions about the court system and that it's so easy to navigate. You just walk in and get your divorce. ::) God, wish it were that easy! Where I live, you can only apply for a divorce at certain times and if you miss that window, you need to wait for the next. You need to have attempted mediation first and before you even start court both of you have to go to a class which basically tells you the benefits of mediation and you should be doing that instead of being at court because the only ones who win at court are the lawyers. True. But in order to mediate both sides have to be willing to make concessions. In my case, I'm willing, but the ex only wants it HIS way. By the time we've been through all that, it's over 2 years later and now I'm *almost* at the point of being able to apply for a court hearing.

eris

« Reply #193 on: October 21, 2011, 05:23:39 PM »
If I could get my husband to agree to a divorce, and did not fight about anything, it would still take 6 -7 months from the time of the first paperwork till the dissolution of marriage.

That's if he ever agrees. Luckily we do not have a house or kids, and I dont think he can take my car. But he won't.  I had to wait one year to petition without him agreeing, and that is up in November and you better be damn sure that I am going to petition for one on Nov 1st, but then that is just the beginning...

If he doesnt want a divorce, there is little I can do but wait. He finally has a girlfriend now, took him goddamn long enough. Maybe she will convince him to let this shit go.

Celticgoddess

« Reply #194 on: October 21, 2011, 05:27:08 PM »
Exactly. But people don't really get it unless they've been through the process.