Educational

Author Topic: What have you done today? (Pt 2)  (Read 157551 times)

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
Re: What have you done today? (Pt 2)
« Reply #11850 on: November 05, 2022, 05:22:47 PM »
While I was gone, my wife invaded my privacy.
 :lol1:

I made an agreement with the entire family that the music room is mine and all others must fuck off. (I put it differently during the negotiation stage.)
Today she she violated that agreed upon edict. I have made the mistake of allowing my daughter to put some plants in there. I fucked up with that nonsense. Because,  I like plants.

However, my wife came in and moved my speakers and put plants in places that I can not tolerate. She said I was not doing enough, but the speakers go where I decide the speakers go, End of story. It is MY MUSIC ROOM!!

So now, no more Mr. Nice Guy! All plants the fuck out, no one enters and no one touches anything, most especially my speaker positions.

All non music items are evicted and only my stuff goes in MY MUSIC ROOM!
She will awaken from her nap with all those non music items else-the-fuck-where and I am reclaiming my territory.
GOD DAMN IT!!!!

I did not want it to be this way, but hey, a gauntlet was thrown down. She felt like I was not doing enough to make the room ... hers?  BULLSHIT!!!

My speakers go where I decide my speakers go!! End of story!!

She may not get how close my speakers are to me compared to already having many women act this way. Those women are in my past!

She needs to get a grip. My room is MY room! Do not move my shit!!

... and no more fucking plants, since that may be what created this kerfuffle between us.

Hear, hear.

So many things here. Do not move my shit as a starter. This should be a given. And no, I should not need to provide an explanation.

They often mean well. It's not an excuse but it is an explanation.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline Gopher Gary

• sockpuppet alert!
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • I'm not wearing pants.
« Reply #11851 on: November 06, 2022, 01:05:57 PM »
Last night I bought a small electric pressure washer and today I washed the whole outside of the house. :hadron: There's some stubborn spots I need to go back and scrub and then I want to go over the whole thing one more time. I'm looking forward in the upcoming weeks to spraying all the things.  :zoinks: It's going to be a lot of work the first time because it was so dirty, but I think if I put it on my two month spring cleaning schedule then it will easily be a one day job to keep up with the house, fence and pavement. The windows are all messed up again but I don't even care because I'm so pleased with my new tool. I told sugarbutt, the robovac better watchout, because if this thing has any sort of longevity then it might become my new favorite appliance. That probably wont happen though. It's hard to beat a machine that does all the work for me.  :lol1:
:gopher:

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #11852 on: November 06, 2022, 05:33:43 PM »
Last night I bought a small electric pressure washer and today I washed the whole outside of the house. :hadron: There's some stubborn spots I need to go back and scrub and then I want to go over the whole thing one more time. I'm looking forward in the upcoming weeks to spraying all the things.  :zoinks: It's going to be a lot of work the first time because it was so dirty, but I think if I put it on my two month spring cleaning schedule then it will easily be a one day job to keep up with the house, fence and pavement. The windows are all messed up again but I don't even care because I'm so pleased with my new tool. I told sugarbutt, the robovac better watchout, because if this thing has any sort of longevity then it might become my new favorite appliance. That probably wont happen though. It's hard to beat a machine that does all the work for me.  :lol1:

They are great. The small electric ones are quiet and not really strong enough to cause any trouble.
"Eat it up.  Wear it out.  Make it do or do without." 

'People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it.'
George Bernard Shaw

Offline Gopher Gary

• sockpuppet alert!
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • I'm not wearing pants.
« Reply #11853 on: November 06, 2022, 06:27:26 PM »

They are great. The small electric ones are quiet and not really strong enough to cause any trouble.

It's perfect for someone like me. I've been talking about getting one for a while and Sugarbutt was concerned I would end up with something ineffective because he's never used an electric one. I told him I read it's like buying an electric weed eater, lower cost up front, but also less powerful and not as long lasting or well made. If I had to weed eat, then I would need an electric weed eater too. I just want something small I can use and maintain without help, and I also wanted something I can use on the cars. There's things he can no longer do, and this is something I need to figure out for myself. I just hope it lasts for a while. Some of the negative reviews have me worried, but also I wonder if some of those people read the instruction manual. I'm glad I read it. I plan to work the crap out of it this month, and then do it all again in two months. If it lives past the 90 day return window, then I'll feel better it can work out long term.  :thumbup:

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
« Reply #11854 on: November 06, 2022, 10:49:15 PM »
Rested, mostly. Slept through some football on the TV.
Played some music and re-set my listening chair, speaker postions and performed an inspiring hermit interpretation.
It turned into a nice, light contact day for me.
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline Gopher Gary

• sockpuppet alert!
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • I'm not wearing pants.
« Reply #11855 on: November 07, 2022, 06:15:13 PM »
I finally ordered some tarnx from the interwebs, so today I de-tarnished all the tarnishes. :hadron: I wanted to work outside a little this evening, but next thing I knew it was dark. I forgot about the time change and now I get to watch the sunset while I'm eating lunch.  :lol1:

Offline Genesis

• The impostor who isn't from Old Country formerly known as Soviet Union
  • News Box Slave
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • The Blogger Was Here
    • Night Owl Redux
« Reply #11856 on: November 07, 2022, 06:19:34 PM »
Went walking with Mom... stopped at the Thrift Shop, got some movies, and Mom a coat... Thought the coat was going to be a hefty price, turns out it wasn't.

Offline Gopher Gary

• sockpuppet alert!
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • I'm not wearing pants.
« Reply #11857 on: November 07, 2022, 06:49:43 PM »
Went walking with Mom... stopped at the Thrift Shop, got some movies, and Mom a coat... Thought the coat was going to be a hefty price, turns out it wasn't.

That's sweet you bought your momma a coat.  :eyelash: Did you buy the coat because she got cold while she was walking?  :orly:

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #11858 on: November 08, 2022, 06:17:59 AM »
Went down early for a long nap.
Got up earlier than normal to enjoy the Lunar Eclipse. This is the last total eclipse until April, 2024. A couple of partials between now and then.
But this morning sight was spectacular!

We were blessed with a super clear sky for once. Cold, but clear. Those seem to go hand in hand here.

Still partial right now, but moon set is happening and the moon has gone below the treeline from my perspective.

Anyone else get a half decent view of the eclispe?
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline rock hound

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • The Lurker at the Threshold.
« Reply #11859 on: November 08, 2022, 08:42:39 AM »
I voted!   8)
"Some books are to be tasted.  Others to be swallowed.  And some few to be chewed and digested."  --Sir Francis Bacon

"Civilization exists by geologic consent.  Subject to change without notice."  --Will Durant

Offline Genesis

• The impostor who isn't from Old Country formerly known as Soviet Union
  • News Box Slave
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • The Blogger Was Here
    • Night Owl Redux
« Reply #11860 on: November 08, 2022, 03:16:32 PM »

That's sweet you bought your momma a coat.  :eyelash: Did you buy the coat because she got cold while she was walking?  :orly:

No... she just didn't have her wallet with her. We were taking Louie for a walk.

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #11861 on: November 08, 2022, 04:42:44 PM »
Yep, I voted too and canceled yours.
 :LOL:

Actually the big issue here is the state Attorney General's race.
We have suffered a weak one for too long. We need a Roy Bean type working for us in this state!

"If he's here, he's guilty of something. Hang him!" 
Kidding, Judge Roy never said that. I tell that to people to say during the preliminary interviews who want to shirk jury duty.

I just hope Cook County, IL can fix theirs too.
« Last Edit: November 08, 2022, 04:52:57 PM by DirtDawg »

Offline Gopher Gary

• sockpuppet alert!
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • I'm not wearing pants.
« Reply #11862 on: November 08, 2022, 06:41:17 PM »
I finished cleaning the last of the fragile stuff. :hadron: Now I can stop holding my breath for another year.  :lol1:

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #11863 on: November 09, 2022, 02:28:42 PM »
Burned stuff  :flamer:
Mostly branches and some scrap wood

"Eat it up.  Wear it out.  Make it do or do without." 

'People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it.'
George Bernard Shaw

Offline renaeden

• Complicated Case of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #11864 on: November 09, 2022, 07:55:03 PM »
^I see you still have your decorative bowling balls. :)
Mildly Cute in a Retarded Way
Tek'ma'tae