Author Topic: What have you done today? (Pt 2)  (Read 157457 times)

Offline Charlotte Quin

• Abbess from the Abyss
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
Re: What have you done today? (Pt 2)
« Reply #11640 on: August 01, 2022, 06:01:28 AM »
Drove back from my trip to dad's. This time I drove the entire length of Thunderbolts Way as I'd never done it before. It was pretty meh, lots of pot holes, though the Nowendoc to Gloucester leg had nice scenery. I really wanted to do the Bruxner Hwy to Lismore then the Pacific Hwy home but there's only so many hours in the day.

Offline Icequeen

• News Box Slave
  • Insane Postwhore
  • I peopled today.
« Reply #11641 on: August 01, 2022, 02:50:33 PM »
Testing out trash finds.

Portable air conditioner works great.
Oven, air fryer, combo unit is nice also.

So much stuff...so many foreclosures.

Offline rock hound

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • The Lurker at the Threshold.
« Reply #11642 on: August 01, 2022, 05:41:48 PM »
Sweated out the maintenance team of our townhouse, finally responding to a fire sprinkler leak in Ambers room.  Fortunately it was a low slow leak that I kept at bay for the 12 hours it took for them to come by.  Not to mention four towels.  OY
"Some books are to be tasted.  Others to be swallowed.  And some few to be chewed and digested."  --Sir Francis Bacon

"Civilization exists by geologic consent.  Subject to change without notice."  --Will Durant

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
« Reply #11643 on: August 02, 2022, 06:27:05 AM »
Not much, except I had my back problems tended to.

Wow. What was that? Interest piqued.

I used to go to an old Indian Chief who just had a few looks at you in your underwear and cracked my bones and I felt better for days. He taught me things, like if you will do this in the morning and this every night before bed, etc. It worked for a while.

Chiropractic studies have changed. Last time I went to a Chiro-doc I gave blood, took x-rays and she offered dietary corrections.
OK, but can you just help realign my sacro-lumbar area first, before we talk about my diet?
No. It's a whole body approach these days. So, no more relief from a visit.

What did you have done?
« Last Edit: August 02, 2022, 08:27:17 AM by DirtDawg »
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #11644 on: August 04, 2022, 08:03:22 PM »
Well, not today, but last night on a whim, my daughter and I attended a Carlos Santana concert.

Watching news for weather updates I found out Santana was in town last night. My daughter said that there are probably no tickets left. Challenge accepted, "Do you want to go?"  She said, "Yeah!"

I got online and found that many tickets were available and lawn tickets (outdoor arena) were available for under forty bucks!!

I said, "Let's do it! Make us a picnic basket and I'll get everything else together."
Rain was forecast after midnight, so we brought ponchos, towels in the car, figuring the concert would be over on a week night by the time the rain got here. Hoping.
But it was meant to be! Rain started about ten minutes after we returned home, about 1AM.

It was an awesome concert. He did mostly his "Supernatural" more current jazzy, mellow music, but threw in enough old hot Latin flavored early music to keep me wide eyed.
Band was about thirty people, including the singers and horn section that came and went.

We had not done anything so quickly off the cuff since COVID came around. It felt GREAT!!
« Last Edit: August 04, 2022, 08:07:45 PM by DirtDawg »
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline Charlotte Quin

• Abbess from the Abyss
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #11645 on: August 05, 2022, 05:57:07 AM »
I applied for a job at another firm today. Brazen :viking:

It can't hurt to see what they have to offer I suppose.

Offline rock hound

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #11646 on: August 05, 2022, 06:04:19 AM »
I applied for a job at another firm today. Brazen :viking:

It can't hurt to see what they have to offer I suppose.

No, it doesn't.  Good luck!
"Some books are to be tasted.  Others to be swallowed.  And some few to be chewed and digested."  --Sir Francis Bacon

"Civilization exists by geologic consent.  Subject to change without notice."  --Will Durant

Offline rock hound

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #11647 on: August 05, 2022, 12:05:11 PM »
Finally finished my deck table projects.  The last one was replacing a round pressed sawdust or faux wood table top with a new hardwood round top.  Painted with 2-3 coats of rustoleum white paint.  Secured it with the old screws and now my lavender plant sits on it securely.  Those years of doing theatrical set construction boosted my craftsman skills well.   8)

Offline Genesis

• The impostor who isn't from Old Country formerly known as Soviet Union
  • News Box Slave
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • The Blogger Was Here
    • Night Owl Redux
« Reply #11648 on: August 05, 2022, 03:09:30 PM »
Got my last paycheck from work... (a bit too much.... yet I'll take it)

Offline rock hound

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #11649 on: August 05, 2022, 07:45:56 PM »

Take it!  You earned it!

Offline renaeden

• Complicated Case of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #11650 on: August 05, 2022, 07:59:44 PM »
Walmart should get with the times by direct depositing your wages into your bank account. Saves you from having to go to the bank every time you get paid.
Mildly Cute in a Retarded Way
Tek'ma'tae

Offline Genesis

• The impostor who isn't from Old Country formerly known as Soviet Union
  • News Box Slave
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • The Blogger Was Here
    • Night Owl Redux
« Reply #11651 on: August 05, 2022, 08:14:21 PM »
Walmart should get with the times by direct depositing your wages into your bank account. Saves you from having to go to the bank every time you get paid.

They did direct deposit when I was still employed... yet seeing that I was off of the system after my 2 weeks' notice, they needed me to fill out paperwork before handing it to me.

Yes, I'm aware I quit the job (I wanted to because I didn't like being accused of stupid shit)... but why this extra paperwork?

Offline renaeden

• Complicated Case of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #11652 on: August 05, 2022, 08:17:09 PM »
Bizarre. Maybe they wanted a hard copy of your signing off for the last time, who knows. It's cool that you got a bit extra. :)
Mildly Cute in a Retarded Way
Tek'ma'tae

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #11653 on: August 06, 2022, 05:19:55 AM »
Final paperwork documentation is intended to help them cover their own asses, legally.

You are gone and they are done with you, so they make sure that you left of your own will and any future complaints will have no legal footing. The cleverly worded papers you had to sign to get your last paycheck are to protect them from you.

Big corporations have to do this. Or you could contact a lawyer and say that your boss was grabbing your balls. It made you uncomfortable and that is why you had to quit employment.
Lawyers love this stuff!
Most states have an Attorney General who would love to take a bigger bite out of a Walmart store. Taxes are never enough, since many BIG companies negotiate tax breaks with each state in order to set up business there.
« Last Edit: August 06, 2022, 05:33:52 AM by DirtDawg »

Offline Gopher Gary

• sockpuppet alert!
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • I'm not wearing pants.
« Reply #11654 on: August 06, 2022, 06:02:57 PM »
I did my usual Saturday cleaning stuff and I also deep dusted the house. Big dust day sort of snuck up on me so I was unprepared. I thought it was next week, but Sugarbutt was so kind to pick up air filters today since I had already run my weekly errands yesterday. I'm always amazed by the amount of dirt I empty from the vacuume canister after a deep dust. It's the only gratifying part of the job, since I bust my hump all day and the house still looks the same because I'm cleaning hidden areas. It's really funny how excited and satisfied I feel emptying dirt from a vacuume.  :lol1:
:gopher: