Educational

Author Topic: What have you done today? (Pt 2)  (Read 157472 times)

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
Re: What have you done today? (Pt 2)
« Reply #11490 on: May 10, 2022, 10:53:48 AM »
Measured some rooms in a basement the people wanted to have sound deadening done in
Measured another house for insulation
Sold an adze to the builder on the first house
"Eat it up.  Wear it out.  Make it do or do without." 

'People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it.'
George Bernard Shaw

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
« Reply #11491 on: May 10, 2022, 03:32:14 PM »
Got my order of electronic components confirmed in its entirety. Nothing on backorder. That feels good!
Should be here next week.

It was mainly the big filter capacitors I was worried about. I've pulled all the caps out from one end already and checked them for continuity, looking for any shorts.
Nothing like that found, but better safe than sorry.

Many times I've opened up someone's messed up, not working amplifier and it looked like Mardi Gras went on in there, because of an old paper cap exploding. Unfortunately, when that happens a cascade of other failures is common.
Not here! Not today!
All new caps, soon.
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #11492 on: May 10, 2022, 04:21:41 PM »
I did not mention the tubes. It has seven tubes inside, but tubes do not age until you power them up and this radio was working the last time I turned it on. I am not expecting to have any trouble there.
I have four of the output tubes to use as replacements from my other tube amp escapades, if necessary.

The other three I will have to buy, if need be. Those are not oddballs, very common, and they are fairly cheap if I need to order the RF tubes.
There is also a tube looking lamp which illuminates the front dial from behind. It's a lamp, but looks like a tube and it works like a tube, kind of, but it's a lamp. Those are cheap and common as well.
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline Genesis

• The impostor who isn't from Old Country formerly known as Soviet Union
  • News Box Slave
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • The Blogger Was Here
    • Night Owl Redux
« Reply #11493 on: May 10, 2022, 04:38:16 PM »
The Troll is a dark empath? WTF???

Offline Genesis

• News Box Slave
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • The Blogger Was Here
    • Night Owl Redux
« Reply #11494 on: May 10, 2022, 04:39:01 PM »
The Troll is a dark empath? WTF???

Oh... I worked for about 5 hours straight, now I just want to go upstairs and have supper with my parents....

Offline Pyraxis

• Werewolf Wrangler of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • aka Daria
« Reply #11495 on: May 11, 2022, 08:04:40 AM »
What the hell is a dark empath?  :laugh:
You'll never self-actualize the subconscious canopy of stardust with that attitude.

Offline rock hound

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • The Lurker at the Threshold.
« Reply #11496 on: May 11, 2022, 08:27:25 AM »
Laundry, loaded my regular tires into the car for my appt. to get the snow tires switched out.
"Some books are to be tasted.  Others to be swallowed.  And some few to be chewed and digested."  --Sir Francis Bacon

"Civilization exists by geologic consent.  Subject to change without notice."  --Will Durant

Offline renaeden

• Complicated Case of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #11497 on: May 11, 2022, 09:51:35 PM »
Saw my psychiatrist. He reminds me of Dr Phlox from Enterprise. Has the same way of talking. Anyway, he raised my dose of dexamphetamine in the afternoon to 2. I'm glad because taking one doesn't do anything. So now all my medications are at good levels.
Mildly Cute in a Retarded Way
Tek'ma'tae

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #11498 on: May 13, 2022, 02:48:43 PM »
Took our older dog to the vet. He has been a little off his food for a couple of days, a bit lethargic, but yesterday he seemed to stop drinking water.
Still peed, but very resistant to going out, so ten seconds later he went on the floor. Trying to tell us something, it seems.

He got "looked at," severely, samples taken, stool (yep, live sample), urine, (catheterized, unpleasant, but I restrained him during the procedure. He still loves me and thinks I saved him. God bless him!) and blood (Leg, so not bad, he really did not mind after all the other) and vet gave us some antibiotics to give him. They will notify us of the results of all the tests.

I thought and asked, Wait, if we don't know what might be wrong yet, how do we know what medicine to give him?

She assured me that it was a very wide ranging penicillin equivalent to help build his own defenses and it will only help whatever might be wrong.

Honestly, he seemed better at the vet than he did last night. So, maybe nothing big is wrong yet. He is assessed by the vet as way older than the shelter told us four years ago. Maybe twelve to fourteen years old, not eight. We were told by the Humaine Society that he was three or four when we got him.

I've had old dogs. He has cataracts. I knew he was old, but the news from a trusted source seemed to bother my daughter. I tried to tell her.

Should call me by Monday with formal test results.
« Last Edit: May 13, 2022, 03:57:26 PM by DirtDawg »

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #11499 on: May 13, 2022, 04:02:19 PM »
Worked in the garden early before it got too hot out.
A bit more editing to do still, on the plants I recognize, but it is all growing so fast and some plants are still too small to identify.

Brand new mystery garden all around me. Kind of fun.

Offline renaeden

• Complicated Case of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #11500 on: May 13, 2022, 09:42:14 PM »
I hope your dog will be ok.

It's funny how vets can tell the age of pets when the shelters can't.
Mildly Cute in a Retarded Way
Tek'ma'tae

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #11501 on: May 13, 2022, 10:15:30 PM »
It is possible that I worry too much when one of my "best friends" changes behavior so quickly, but I see no reason to take chances. I mean, we're all they've got. They can only depend upon us.

I try to believe in what the experienced doctors say. I think they just want to give the best care, mostly. Plus, my vet showed me evidence of advanced tooth wear, which would not be visible in a younger dog.

I am going to put on my tin foil hat for a moment, but I believe that the shelters downplay age in order to move the pets out and into homes as quickly as possible. Someone who would not consider a seven or eight year old animal, would be less hesitant to take on the care of a three year old.
 :tinfoil:
« Last Edit: May 13, 2022, 10:29:09 PM by DirtDawg »

Offline Gopher Gary

• sockpuppet alert!
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • I'm not wearing pants.
« Reply #11502 on: May 14, 2022, 11:04:43 AM »
I did my weekly chores and vaccumed the cars. I'll wait until later to wash them because it's hot. I was alaready done with everything by noon, so I'm not sure what else to do. This week is supposed to be floor grout but I pushed it to next week because I wanted the boy's room spring cleaned today. I thought he might want my help but he did it all himself. He managed to declutter half a bag of trash, and a whole bag of clothes and hangers to donate. It looks awesome in there and I'm excited to see stuff leaving the house, and it makes me want to do some decluttering too. I'll probaby go ahead and do some grout today anyway.  :dunno:
:gopher:

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #11503 on: May 14, 2022, 03:28:30 PM »
You have little a Hero there. Take time to acknowledge his small accomplishment.
Small to us - giant concession from him.

Pizza? Cake? Something unexpected? Celebrate!

Such training is full time work. You know it. Set aside the grout for now.
Make this day about his victory!
 :thumbup:

Offline Genesis

• News Box Slave
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • The Blogger Was Here
    • Night Owl Redux
« Reply #11504 on: May 14, 2022, 03:56:55 PM »
Day 2 of recharge.... so far I am relaxing okay, just need to go to a session with my therapist within 4 minutes.