Educational

Author Topic: What have you done today? (Pt 2)  (Read 157498 times)

Offline Genesis

• The impostor who isn't from Old Country formerly known as Soviet Union
  • News Box Slave
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • The Blogger Was Here
    • Night Owl Redux
Re: What have you done today? (Pt 2)
« Reply #11385 on: March 26, 2022, 07:25:30 PM »
I'm trolling the What's Happening Page for the town I attended High School.

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #11386 on: March 28, 2022, 06:40:29 PM »
Drove a lot doing pick ups and delivering materials for tomorrow
"Eat it up.  Wear it out.  Make it do or do without." 

'People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it.'
George Bernard Shaw

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
« Reply #11387 on: March 29, 2022, 11:52:44 AM »
I have a pile of extension cords that are mostly hundred or two hundred foot long 12ga or 10ga fat boys with eight or four up female ends (from the old sound company days. I used to have to set up distributed sound systems in the woods, doing bluegrass festivals. Not sure why I need them these days, but they are worth hundreds of dollars for the copper alone) that would not fit in my wife's Chrysler 300 trunk or even in the tail end of my SUV with all the seats down.
I spent some time re-coiling them to fit into their designated place "up top."  That is what I call my massive attic above the garage. Shit job in cold weather, but got it done, freeing up a large corner for my daughter's hobby interests. She is into resin art these days and needs work space.

Yes, Hero Dad, here. I am putting her space together before mine.
I really think that she needs it more urgently than my own shop space.
I have so much joy to explore here (I'll be busy for months!!), setting up my new spaces, etc. She only has her dog and work and writing and the fact that we sit and eat together in this new home.
She needs more. I am hoping that providing for her interest will help some.
« Last Edit: March 29, 2022, 02:07:41 PM by DirtDawg »
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #11388 on: March 29, 2022, 12:23:09 PM »
BTW, over the past two months, even with my big booboo, I have been running ten or twelve inch construction screws (left over from many older projects; I have buckets of them still) into all the upper roof structure rafters anywhere I see one of those rectangular "nail in" plates holding boards together.

I know I have hit all the apexes and most of the bracing. I do not want to overload my attic. I've used more than a bucket full, which is 500 pieces, and am pretty sure I have increased the designed load limit by a fair margin already.
« Last Edit: March 29, 2022, 02:07:50 PM by DirtDawg »
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline FourAceDeal

• Elder
  • Postwhore
« Reply #11389 on: March 29, 2022, 02:14:44 PM »
Tried that Nitrogen-Brewed Pepsi at lunch.... I liked it, now I'm trying to prove to my computer that the anti-virus/malware program is up to date -___-

I had a coke zero today. They didn't have the cherry flavor but it's been at least a month since I've had a soda so it was still really good.  :thumbup:

They have a cherry coke zero stashes in the Walmart I work at... too bad teleportation doesn't exist (yet)

I'm not supposed to have carbonated drinks because they act like battery acid in my urinary tract, but I love them so I treat myself to one per week when running errands. Those bottles they sell at the checkout cost two dollars now, and that seems like such a rip off so I decided to not buy them anymore, even though I still really really want them. Of course they're cheaper in larger quantities, but I can't have a lot of soda in my possession, because I'm weak willed and I like it too much so I can't be trusted to not injure myself.  :lol1:

The correct term for "Sodas" or "carbonated drinks" is "mixers".

If they haven't got the vodka or whisky in them I don't see their reason to exist.
Ever got that feeling that you're trying to teach a dog a card trick?

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #11390 on: March 29, 2022, 02:24:59 PM »
Tried that Nitrogen-Brewed Pepsi at lunch.... I liked it, now I'm trying to prove to my computer that the anti-virus/malware program is up to date -___-

I had a coke zero today. They didn't have the cherry flavor but it's been at least a month since I've had a soda so it was still really good.  :thumbup:

They have a cherry coke zero stashes in the Walmart I work at... too bad teleportation doesn't exist (yet)

I'm not supposed to have carbonated drinks because they act like battery acid in my urinary tract, but I love them so I treat myself to one per week when running errands. Those bottles they sell at the checkout cost two dollars now, and that seems like such a rip off so I decided to not buy them anymore, even though I still really really want them. Of course they're cheaper in larger quantities, but I can't have a lot of soda in my possession, because I'm weak willed and I like it too much so I can't be trusted to not injure myself.  :lol1:

If they haven't got the vodka or whisky in them I don't see their reason to exist.

You sound like a well esdtablished and quite accomplished amateur drinker to me, from first glance.

:autism:

Offline Gopher Gary

• sockpuppet alert!
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • I'm not wearing pants.
« Reply #11391 on: March 29, 2022, 03:17:24 PM »

I'm too much of a lightweight and I don't really like the way alcohol makes me feel. If I do happen to drink, I tend to go for girly frozen drinks from a blender, but I like them just fine without the alcohol because I really just loves slushes.  :lol1: I also like fizzy mixed drinks, but that's because I really love sodas.  :dunno:
:gopher:

Offline renaeden

• Complicated Case of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #11392 on: March 29, 2022, 07:59:15 PM »
Here we call them soft drinks. As opposed to hard liquor.

I haven't done much today. Just gotten up and taken meds.
Mildly Cute in a Retarded Way
Tek'ma'tae

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #11393 on: March 31, 2022, 09:25:00 AM »
Went to the bank then to a deli and got lunch
"Eat it up.  Wear it out.  Make it do or do without." 

'People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it.'
George Bernard Shaw

Offline rock hound

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • The Lurker at the Threshold.
« Reply #11394 on: March 31, 2022, 10:58:29 AM »
Went and bought the bus tickets to Logan airport for our upcoming Kentucky trip. Shopped, picked up mail, started lunch.
"Some books are to be tasted.  Others to be swallowed.  And some few to be chewed and digested."  --Sir Francis Bacon

"Civilization exists by geologic consent.  Subject to change without notice."  --Will Durant

Offline rock hound

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #11395 on: March 31, 2022, 01:53:56 PM »
Made the reservations for our trip to Florida later this year.  Bought more Lapsang Souchong loose leaf tea! 
"Some books are to be tasted.  Others to be swallowed.  And some few to be chewed and digested."  --Sir Francis Bacon

"Civilization exists by geologic consent.  Subject to change without notice."  --Will Durant

Offline Genesis

• The impostor who isn't from Old Country formerly known as Soviet Union
  • News Box Slave
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • The Blogger Was Here
    • Night Owl Redux
« Reply #11396 on: March 31, 2022, 01:55:09 PM »
Had a personal day today from work so I could be with my family for the rest of the weekend.

Offline Gopher Gary

• sockpuppet alert!
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • I'm not wearing pants.
« Reply #11397 on: April 02, 2022, 10:48:08 AM »
So far I've done all my regular Saturday chores, except for the shopping. It's not big grocery week, so I only need to pick up some milk and a couple of other things. I was planning to clean the cars today and maybe get a haircut, but Sugarbutt just showed me a radar so that might not happen until tomorrow. Right now I'm having a warm drink and wondering what to do with myself because I feel like I should definitely be doing something. I think I may try to go ahead and get done as much as possible cleaning the inside of the cars before the weather hits.  :dunno:
:gopher:

Offline rock hound

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #11398 on: April 02, 2022, 12:47:05 PM »
Went to the bookstore with Carla to buy her some puzzle books.  Then grocery shopped and otherwise chilled out.

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #11399 on: April 02, 2022, 04:14:08 PM »
My wife and I put together two nice looking bench seat/storage compartment Ikea things that will go under our huge kitchen window and along the half-wall entry divider.  All white.
These are pretty cool, but they came with 1/4 inch non-skid feet. I plan to buy some much larger, simple handrail finials to use as feet and turm them upside down to lift these benches off the floor a few inches. I'll add the 1/4 inch non-skid thingies to the bottom of the finials.

Does Ikea think that all people are five feet tall or something?
« Last Edit: April 02, 2022, 04:38:11 PM by DirtDawg »