Educational

Author Topic: What have you done today? (Pt 2)  (Read 157612 times)

Offline Gopher Gary

• sockpuppet alert!
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • I'm not wearing pants.
Re: What have you done today? (Pt 2)
« Reply #11325 on: February 23, 2022, 05:31:04 AM »
^That's fancy as.

Got up early, went to the gym, went to Macca's for an orange juice, then to a pet store to buy treats for the cats and last of all washed my car at the Rhino Wash before coming home. Then I rang the maintenance line because our toilet's cistern keeps filling after the flush cycle so we keep having to turn its tap off. We could be waiting for 21 days before someone comes to fix it.
Have you tried poking around in there? It might be something simple like a kinked or disconnected chain.  :orly:
There's no chain in there. There's a small pump and a mechanism under the toilet buttons. Anyway the plumber is coming next Wednesday to fix it so we just have to put up with it until then, heh.

That's good you don't have to wait three weeks.  :thumbup:
:gopher:

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
« Reply #11326 on: February 23, 2022, 09:02:46 AM »
Spoke on the phone with 2 nurses about my upcoming colonoscopy.   Need to get a Covid test and get my health history.  Gonna be a fun weekend.  OY

EEEEEssshh!

I did that two years ago and now my doctor wants me to have another.

I asked if she couldn't just do some unpleasant procedure, take a sample and be done. Nope!

She wants me to get all SHINY inside so she can run a camera through the works again.

I offered "another time, perhaps?"  but nope. So, me, too, in May.

:hahaha:

BTW, that smiley is never making fun of YOU, but I mean it as the world laughing at ME. Don't take it wrong this time.
« Last Edit: February 23, 2022, 12:33:08 PM by DirtDawg »
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #11327 on: February 23, 2022, 08:07:16 PM »

FINISHED!!!!
Just finished, well, I made coffee, but WE ARE DONE with the old place!!!!!!!!

No more trips to nostalgia-land. WE are DONE!!  Finally. No more!!

I'm not sure how to celebrate. Running naked is tough right now, temp below freezing, little snow showing up. If I have any Viking blood in my viens, it is thin when it comes to running naked in the cold.

But WE ARE DONE!!

I did bring a few pieces of trim from our old kitchen to burn in a truly Viking tradition, in order to keep us going forward. I can surely find more to burn as the grace of time unfolds before us.

All done being so damn dismal lately. We WIN!!
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline Pyraxis

• Werewolf Wrangler of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • aka Daria
« Reply #11328 on: February 23, 2022, 08:12:38 PM »
Congratulations!!!
You'll never self-actualize the subconscious canopy of stardust with that attitude.

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #11329 on: February 23, 2022, 08:51:23 PM »
Thank you, or I mean, like WWHHEEEEEW!! or something.

My next door neighbor over there is a Fireman and one of my Neighborhood Watch buddies I have talked about so much in the past.
He always bitched at me for carrying a shotgun on our watches (he was all about space age flashlights that can almost stun an assailant if you hit them in the eyes and, My fucking God!! he had some powerful ones), but he was with me both times when an old neighbor died on our watch.

He never questioned my humanity, though. Plus, I took the dog I heard barking that no one else could hear, which lead us to the second old woman who had died. That was the dead woman's dog I adopted. I kept her and she will be my dog for the rest of her life.
I love this little dog!

Just a block away is a near city Police Officer neighbor who was also a part of our Watch patrol. He wanted to carry more, but was restricted to "authorized weaponry" only with such endeavers.

I bid them both a decent farewell, and brought thier wives bread from Panera, since I have not been active with the neighborhood Watch since September. It feels odd. We all have each other's contact info, but I feel something else more social is ending. And possibly for good.  Or, permenantly. We'll see.

Thank you.

We are done over there!!!

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #11330 on: February 23, 2022, 11:26:11 PM »

I lit my cigar!

On the day before we closed on this new home (way back in December), I bought a fancy cigar to celebrate, afterward. We got busy cleaning, setting up utilities, getting ready to cook and sleep here and I forgot about my fancy cigar, until about two weeks ago.

But, I decided to hold on to it until I was finally done at the old place and then I could call THAT time a reason to smoke a fancy cigar.
I lit my cigar!

Oh, it's an absolutely fabulous full size Kristoff, Maduro and it will take days to finish, but I am giving it Hell!

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #11331 on: February 24, 2022, 12:40:16 PM »
I've spent all morning on the phone or online trying to get the utilities shut off at the old house.

Electric and water really weren't too bad, but trying to hold for two hours, now, including starting over three times due to being cut off while on hold, waiting for a customer service representative at the gas company has become frustrating.

I have used their contact portal online, I have texted, phoned, logged in, basically every option offered by this beastly size company and still waiting to talk to a human being.
Which is, btw, the only way they can disconnect services from a residential address.

Almost ready to drive downtown and start throwing things through the glass entrances. I know exactly where the "palace" is located. Not quite there, yet.
But,  DAMN!!

Offline rock hound

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • The Lurker at the Threshold.
« Reply #11332 on: February 24, 2022, 02:24:24 PM »
Shopped and gathered the essential stuff needed for the colonoscopy prep for Sunday.  It makes me quiver with antici.......................................................PAtion!   NOT! 
"Some books are to be tasted.  Others to be swallowed.  And some few to be chewed and digested."  --Sir Francis Bacon

"Civilization exists by geologic consent.  Subject to change without notice."  --Will Durant

Offline Genesis

• The impostor who isn't from Old Country formerly known as Soviet Union
  • News Box Slave
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • The Blogger Was Here
    • Night Owl Redux
« Reply #11333 on: February 24, 2022, 04:29:27 PM »
Did my usual shift, now I'm off for 2 days

Offline Gopher Gary

• sockpuppet alert!
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • I'm not wearing pants.
« Reply #11334 on: February 26, 2022, 01:27:05 PM »
I did my regular weekend chores and also did the windows.  :orly:

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #11335 on: February 27, 2022, 10:13:02 AM »
Packed my cabin bag for the first time in two years. It used to take me five mins, tops, but this took twice that time or more. I'm rusty.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline rock hound

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • The Lurker at the Threshold.
« Reply #11336 on: February 27, 2022, 10:26:53 AM »
Got the groceries and took a walk.  Before I started the meds. 
"Some books are to be tasted.  Others to be swallowed.  And some few to be chewed and digested."  --Sir Francis Bacon

"Civilization exists by geologic consent.  Subject to change without notice."  --Will Durant

Offline Gopher Gary

• sockpuppet alert!
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • I'm not wearing pants.
« Reply #11337 on: February 27, 2022, 06:14:59 PM »
I probably did too much. Even though the dirty car caught my attention, I had decided to wait until next week an do it on schedule. I have a good system so I can keep up without ever over exerting, and Windows and cars in the same weekend is a lot. I ended up alone for a few hours, got bored, and went ahead and did one car,. Then when sugarbutt got back I felt compelled to do the other one. He helped me but now that I've stopped moving for a while, I'm so tired I wish I didn't still have to take a shower. Geez I'm old.  :lol1:

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #11338 on: February 28, 2022, 01:12:33 PM »
Going through the garage, mostly. Organizing tools and hardware that have been relocated, unfortunately some gathered and stuffed haphazardly into uncontroled places. Still trying my best with one hand.

BUT, I found a very valuable NOS, never smoked, but rare and expensive these days Peterson pipe I thought I had lost in the chaos of a previous old garage re-do, some years ago.
These old school, elegant and well made classic Petersons are hard to find these days, this particular Dress Pipe style, and if you find one they are either in an Estate condition (meaning used) between two and four hundred bucks, depending upon many factors, or they trend to be even more expensive, if unsmoked. I bought this and two others, similar about ten years ago and the other two were in rotation ever since. This, most beautiful and rare of the lot, I misplaced somehow.

Unfortunately, my so far favorite from that batch of elites, which I began breaking in immediately upon arrival, I dropped and broke on our new tile kitchen floor, two days after we acquired keys to the place. Salvageable, but not usable, yet. So, this has been a lucky day for me, indeed!!

I know smoking pipes are not anyone else's thing, except for maybe Calandale, but if you're a tobacco lover or simply addicted to cigarettes or worse like vapery, nothing in that realm even approaches the pleasure that a well seasoned pipe can allow.

This one is well on her way, now. I honoerd her with her very first bowl today.
 :2thumbsup:
« Last Edit: February 28, 2022, 01:14:42 PM by DirtDawg »

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #11339 on: March 01, 2022, 07:23:36 PM »
Going through the garage, mostly. Organizing tools and hardware that have been relocated, unfortunately some gathered and stuffed haphazardly into uncontroled places. Still trying my best with one hand.

BUT, I found a very valuable NOS, never smoked, but rare and expensive these days Peterson pipe I thought I had lost in the chaos of a previous old garage re-do, some years ago.
These old school, elegant and well made classic Petersons are hard to find these days, this particular Dress Pipe style, and if you find one they are either in an Estate condition (meaning used) between two and four hundred bucks, depending upon many factors, or they trend to be even more expensive, if unsmoked. I bought this and two others, similar about ten years ago and the other two were in rotation ever since. This, most beautiful and rare of the lot, I misplaced somehow.

Unfortunately, my so far favorite from that batch of elites, which I began breaking in immediately upon arrival, I dropped and broke on our new tile kitchen floor, two days after we acquired keys to the place. Salvageable, but not usable, yet. So, this has been a lucky day for me, indeed!!

I know smoking pipes are not anyone else's thing, except for maybe Calandale, but if you're a tobacco lover or simply addicted to cigarettes or worse like vapery, nothing in that realm even approaches the pleasure that a well seasoned pipe can allow.

This one is well on her way, now. I honoerd her with her very first bowl today.
 :2thumbsup:

My foster son gave up cigarettes for a pipe big improvement in my opinion. I don't even care if he smokes in my van,  the smell reminds my of my father.

Today I fixed a chair to sell at the flea market, organized in the basement  and went for a walk
"Eat it up.  Wear it out.  Make it do or do without." 

'People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it.'
George Bernard Shaw